Start by marking “Christmas Captive (Decorah Security, #8)” as Want to Read:
Christmas Captive (Decorah Security, #8)

Christmas Captive

(Decorah Security #8)

Was it attempted murder or a boating accident? Either way, the hard-driving Jordan Campbell is in a coma. When Frank Decorah asks nurse Hannah Andrews to use her psychic talent to connect with Jordan, she knows it's a dangerous job. Once she's on the case, whoever tried to kill Jordan will likely turn on her. But as she digs into the man's background, she can't refuse ...more
Published January 4th 2015 by Light Street Press (first published November 25th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Christmas Captive, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Christmas Captive

Start your review of Christmas Captive (Decorah Security, #8)
Brooke
Nov 11, 2013 rated it liked it
I got this book as part of the "Dangerous Attractions" 10 book boxed set. This is a novella that accompanies the Decorah Security series.

The gist: Hannah is a nurse who has a psychic ability where she can "talk" to people (telepathically, sort of) while they are unconscious. Jordan is in a coma after someone tried to kill him. Hannah is hired to be one of his around the clock in-home nurses. She communicates with him psychically to help him come out of his coma and to figure out what happened to
Nikki Brooks
Hannah, whilst not strictly a member of the Decorah team, has been appropriated for a mission. She has a talent where she can speak to people whilst they are unconscious. She has been drafted in to care for a wealthy businessman who was attacked within his estate and left for dead.

Jordan has been in a coma for weeks. But he somehow connects to a beautiful nurse who is trying to investigate who tried to kill him.

There was a bit of mystery to this story, trying to figure out who tried to kill
Karen Fisher
Dec 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: karen-fisher
What a good read! I thought I knew who the bad guy was from the start. I was very wrong. I loved the ending!
BooksandBeyondFiftyShades
Oct 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
* * * * * 5 Star Review

Hannah was a very special nurse, she had a very special gift that only a couple fo people knew about it. When she is hired to help a very wealthy young man recover from an "accident" he suffers. Hannah knew this was a special case since she found herself feeling an attraction by Jordan when she saw his pictures. Hannah was putting her best in this case, since her feelings were also on the line.

Jordan knew someone close to him was trying to harmed him since they had killed
Stacey
Feb 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
spoiler alert ..

Jordan Campbell was on a mission to find out that someone was stealing from him but before he could find out someone knocked him out as to who you will need to read to find out ... He has two siblings Stephanie and June ... and a cousin Richard... and manager Brain Lowell was killed by someone again as to whom you will need to read it and as to why .. Hannah Andrews someone who has a gift to get into peoples minds to see what they are seeing there is a connection between Jordan
Luli
Nov 12, 2013 rated it did not like it
Hannah es una enfermera con un don: puede comunicase mentalmente con sus pacientes. Jordan es un empresario millonario que está en coma a causa de un accidente. Alguien sospecha que tal accidente no ha sido más que un intento de asesinato y contratan a Hannah para que averigue qué está pasando.

Tenía potencial pero se quedó en el camino. Mi principal problema con esta historia es que ha sido muy apresurada. Un romance muy forzado y muy porque sí, y un misterio y/o suspense que da la sensación de
Joan
Oct 16, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
When I first bought my Kindle three or four years ago, I eagerly downloaded a "bargain" - a book titled Dangerous Attraction, Romantic Suspense Boxed Set. I just never got around to reading it until now. It contains 9 full-sized novels as advertised. Not all were romantic suspense, however. Several were erotic novels rather than romantic ones; some contained little or no suspense. This was the last novel in that download. Christmas Captive was actually a short story or a novella. I am not a fan ...more
Lynelle Clark
This book is part of the Ten Christmas Brides box set.
The story had a paranormal twist into the romance scene. Hannah, a nurse that could connect with her patients in an unusual way, was hired to care for tycoon Jordan; a man in a deep coma after a terrible fall. No one could explain why he was in a coma but this is where the story became interesting.
It is a fast paced story that takes you into the life of Jordan and his family who clearly had an agenda from the moment Hannah arrived at the
Darla Stokes
Jan 02, 2015 rated it liked it
Short and sweet. Or rather, short and steamy. This was the last story in a Kindle bundle, and probably the best of the bunch. Our heroine is a psychic nurse recruited by a PI to help our hero, in a coma following a suspicious accident, recover his health and his memory of who attacked him.

It's a novella, so it moves quickly--although not quickly enough to preclude several sex scenes. Which, I have to admit, I tend to skim. A consequence of not reading a lot of romance these days.

The mystery was
Kai
Dec 31, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2016
This was a nice short story which I really enjoyed. The story is about a nurse who has been hired to help Jordan who is in a coma. With the possibility that someone in his family is trying to kill him Hannah has a challenge in front of her. I think that is what made the book interesting amd should have been extended out alot more in the story. It was a good story though doesnt really have a christmas theme, just a bit of reference to it. xx
Maria
Dec 19, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hannah and Jordan story was set up by somebody else. This is left hanging and the end of the story. She has special skills that will help him to save his life. He doesn't know her, but they have a relationship in their mind. I know of people who have those, only they are one way only. It has suspense and was OK.
Dee
From "Dangerous Attraction Romantic Suspense" boxed set
(No longer available from Amazon)

Two-haiku review:

Nurse comes to mansion
He's comatose but sexy
Why won't he wake up?

Decent novella
Better if it were longer
Nurse-patient-- icky
Carolyn Jenkins
Jun 14, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not Your Traditional Holiday Story

Although this story takes place in December, it could just as easily be set in any month. The action has several unexpected turns, but the real value is the character development. It is a heartwarming story.
Mary Roya
Mar 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I always enjoy Rebecca York's stories. Just enough action with a touch paranormal and of course love.

The heroine carried the story well. This was a short story and it is packed with all the element to keep you reading.
Highly recommend this story.
Dorel
May 05, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This is the 1st book I read by Rebecca York. This book's story line was okay. I liked the way this book started. I liked the steamy scenes with Jordan & his nurse. I just wish this book was a romance suspense instead of a romance paranormal.
Merle
Nice one - a brief novella of the Decorah Security Series. Somewhat paranormal but a steamy romance, too with a little suspense thrown in.
Mandie Trahan
Apr 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this more than I thought.
very short but all the character development was there. I was wrong trying to guess who did it.
I want more of this book.
ha!
Genny Moore
Jan 19, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excellent read but as most novellas are, way too short. Love the "Decorah Security Series" and hope for more.
Julie Childs
Nov 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: suspense-romance
Short fast read with great character development & LOTS of steam. :)
Glenda Bettin
Jan 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
another good read, sure like this series
Kelly Marie
DUMB DUMB DUMD book. I cannot believe that I wasted my time reading this book. I am ashamed at myself for actually admitting I even read it.
Debbie Turner
Jan 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was a very good book. I enjoyed it. It was naughtier than I normally read but it was a very good book. It is part of the Ten Christmas Brides series.
Rhonda
Dec 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hot and fast

Nice story line but felt it was rushed. Thought the relationship should have developed more. It was wham bam then sex.
Deb
Dec 03, 2014
Paula
May 22, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Defending Allye (Mountain Mercenaries, #1)
  • Blitz on Beirut (SEAL Strike #4)
  • Elite Metal: Eight-Novel Cohesive Military Romance Boxed Set (Elite Warriors Book 1)
  • Elite Ghosts: Six-Novel Cohesive Military Romance Boxed Set (Elite Warriors Book 2)
  • Defending Chloe (Mountain Mercenaries #2)
  • Defending Morgan (Mountain Mercenaries, #3)
  • Elite Elements: Seven-Novel Cohesive Military Boxed Set
  • Defending Harlow (Mountain Mercenaries #4)
  • Secret Baby Bear (Return to Bear Creek #16)
  • Deep Allegiance (Noah Wolf #16)
  • Return to Bear Creek Collection Four (Return to Bear Creek #12-15)
  • Shifting Alliances (High House Ursa, #4)
  • Blood Bearon (High House Ursa, #5)
  • Missing Lynx (Lynx #2)
  • Chain Lynx (Lynx #3)
  • Cuff Lynx (Lynx #4)
  • Mine (Kate Hamilton, #1)
  • Uncommon Enemies Boxed Set
Ruth Glick (born 1942) is a best-selling author of healthy cookbooks and has also written dozens of romantic suspense romance novels under the pen name Rebecca York.

Ruth earned a B.A. in American Thought and Civilization from George Washington University and an M.A. in American Studies from the University of Maryland. Although she always wanted to become a writer, Glick was convinced that her lack

Decorah Security (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • On Edge (Decorah Security, #1)
  • Dark Moon (Moon, #10; Decorah Security, #2)
  • Chained (Decorah Security, #3)
  • Ambushed (Decorah Security, #4)
  • Dark Powers (Decorah Security, #5)
  • Hot and Dangerous (Decorah Security #6)
  • At Risk (Decorah Security, #7)
  • Destination Wedding (Decorah Security, #9)
  • Rx Missing (Decorah Security, #10)
  • Hunting Moon (Decorah Security, #11)