Start by marking “Henry & Glenn Forever & Ever” as Want to Read:
Henry & Glenn Forever & Ever

Henry & Glenn Forever & Ever

3.84  ·  Rating details ·  193 Ratings  ·  40 Reviews
Two men. Two myths. One legend.

The greatest love story ever told has finally been released in graphic novel form, featuring 20 short stories about the domestic life of "Henry" and "Glenn" and sometimes their neighbors "Daryl" and "John." Glenn deals with issues with his mother while Henry, "a loud guy with a good work ethic," shows his darker side and indifference to a fan
Published August 1st 2014 by Microcosm Publishing (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Henry & Glenn Forever & Ever, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Henry & Glenn Forever & Ever

Jan Philipzig
Henry & Glenn Forever & Ever revolves around the fictional romantic relationship between two quite real and very manly men - heavy metal icons Henry (Rollins of Black Flag) and Glenn (Danzig of the Misfits). In case you don’t know them: they are tough hardcore types with loud voices and big muscles! Far too macho to actually be in any kind of committed and caring relationship, it is implied, let alone in a committed and caring relationship with each other...

Okay, so the book pokes fun at
Char
Oct 29, 2017 rated it liked it
Henry & Glenn Forever & Ever was hilarious!

It works on the premise that Henry Rollins, (Black Flag), and Glenn Danzig, (The Misfits), who are both the most manly men you can imagine, have a gay relationship. Hall & Oates live next door and are Satanists. Lemmy from Motorhead also shows up and shenanigans ensue!

I loved the humor and the silliness in this book. What I did not enjoy very much was the artwork, (at times-there were a lot of different artists), and the misspellings, (there
David Schaafsma
Sep 15, 2016 rated it liked it
This is a pretty fun and loving and sometimes profane and violent satire of hyper-masculine hard rockers Henry Rollins and Glenn Danzig, as if to say, what if they lived together? Soft rock/pop duo Hall and Oates live next door and are Satanists. There's not much to the variety of stories that emerge, maybe 20 collaborations, and pin ups and covers. It feels like a mash up of the heart of alt comix and Mad Magazine with a punk/metal edge. I liked it just fine.

Here's some images from it:
Gavin
Aug 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
Henry Rollins and Glenn Danzig as a gay odd couple. Hall and Oates live next door and are satan worshippers. This is comic gold. Must read. Lots of Mother jokes.
MariNaomi
Jun 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic
I freaking love this book. Yeah, I'm in it. So what? I can still give it five stars. I consider being invited to be a part of this a high point of my career. What an honor, and what a great way to pay homage to two utterly brilliant musicians.
Gabrielle
3.5 stars. A Danzing-worshipping ex-boyfriend introduced me to this comic.

Disclaimer: I am a rather rabid Henry Rollins fan. I love Black Flag and the Misfits, and while I am not a big fan of Danzig personally (or of his post-Misfits career), anyone who knows anything about him (and of his lack of sense of humour about himself) can see how he is just a sheer joy to poke fun at. Rollins and him are real-life buddies, so it was really a matter of time before something like this comic happened.

I ha
Ademption
May 20, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: graphic-novels
This is a rather one-note compilation of comics answering the question "What if Glenn Danzig and Henry Rollins were a couple?" Some of the contributors misspelled their dialogue, others botched the artwork. Though this is thin and firmly two-star material, the book is goofy and fun. I enjoyed it and I want to see more from Tom Neely, since he is the original creator and his contributions are the strongest of the collection.

Additionally, the book has given me a new appreciation for The Misfits, w
Ije the Devourer of Books
Mar 28, 2015 rated it really liked it

This is an interesting graphic novel with a series of comic strips telling the story of gay couple Henry and Glenn.

It is based on a fictional coupling of Henry Rollins and Glenn Danzig. It also features Hall and Oates as a satan worshipping couple living next door. I am not a rock fan so it is only through this comic that I realised that Henry Rollins is a musician and radio host among other things, and that Glenn Danzig is a musician/song writer and founder of punk rock/heavy metal ban
Derek Royal
Oct 11, 2014 rated it liked it
The concept is great: hardcore rockers Henry Rollings and Glenn Danzig in a gay relationship, with each of the stories presented in something like an almost "I Love Lucy" sitcom-like format. Neely's contributions are by far the most impressive. This was his idea, after all. With the other artists that he brings into the project, the results are hit and miss. Sometimes the stories are okay, sometimes they're rather flat, and at others they're as impressive as Neely's.
Will
Sep 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
So odd and so delightful. Absurd in the extreme, and fun, especially if you are a fan of Henry or know that Glenn doesn't have much of a sense of humor about himself.
Mino
Jul 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
"Satanists usually throw a pretty good party."
Amanda
Jan 01, 2015 rated it liked it
As I was told by a friend, there's no way the book could live up to its premise. There's flashes of genius, but it wears thin. Still a fun, quick read.
Giovanna Forsyth
Sep 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Yes! Yes! yes!
Joe
Jul 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Utterly perfect.
Adam Stone
Aug 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
When the original Igloo Tornado versions of the mini comics came into the store I was working at, I loved them. The fictional couple of Glenn Danzig and Henry Rollins's relationship being constantly imperiled by Glenn's overly-friendly Christian mom? Satanic rituals gone wrong? Hall & Oates trying to help out but only half-heartedly? It was fantastic. And that whole five star story is in here, along with all the beautiful homage variant covers they did.

It gets knocked down a star merely bec
Pixie
Oct 08, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5 stars. This graphic novel with guest artists is about a heavy metal couple, and part of the humor was that they liked extreme things like satanism and nazis. That may have been a funny exaggeration once upon a time, but now with the nazis in the white house it is cringe-inducing. It barely gets mentioned, however, so maybe you can look past that and enjoy the wacky energy of the series. Homages to multiple comic artists.
RoRo
May 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is an irreverent, gritty, hilarious little gem. It's a delightful speculative fanfic that creates an absurd alternate universe of inside jokes and silly fantasies. When two cultural icons take themselves as seriously as Henry and Glenn, the imaginary foibles of their hilariously rendered doppelgangers are all the more satisfying to read.
Gabriel
Feb 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
A hilarious book that is a send up of two of punk's "elder statesmen". If you are a fan of Flag or The Misfits I don't know how this book couldn't make you laugh!
Jonny Parshall
Mar 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
While the concept may be absurd, the execution is touching... poignant, even. I love it.

Some of the guest comics sucked though, tainting any potential for a perfect score.
Edmund Davis-Quinn
Mar 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fun and bizarre. Nothing quite like this. Cool Christmas present.
Amber
Jul 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
I'm puzzled by some of these reviews. I think a lot of people impose their own expectations of comics onto Neely, when it's obvious he makes his own rules.

I'm a rock n roll nerd and I loved this book. It had me laughing until I was crying. The references and drawings themselves are hysterical. Maybe some of the people leaving bad reviews aren't getting the music and/or comics references? I don't know, but I have nothing negative to say. Neely's art is exquisite. Pages 42/43 I could stare at for
Shenanitims
Aug 14, 2016 rated it liked it
Too much all at once?

While I'll admit that I loved owning the individual comics back in the States (I believe I had issues 1, 2, and 3), and I was excited about owning them again in a collected format, something about the finished product left me underwhelmed. The later stories end up being very hit or miss (with an average that is sadly more on the "miss" side). If it's any consolation though, the bad stories are usually complimented with equally uninspiring artwork; making them all easily avoi
Eric
Jan 01, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: graphic-novels
Had a promising start, but after the first quarter or so it just lost it's footing and fell apart. The multiple artist/story writers gave way to too many half-assed ideas and scribbled drawings. The jokes became cliche and repetitive. Had the original story writer continued it could have evolved and deepened, instead it just ended up feeling like a dismembered high school 'zine. Too bad, lots of potential.
Heather
Nov 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014
You know when you're just wandering around a shop and something catches your eye? And it looks the most ridiculous thing you've ever seen and you have to have it? Well, that's how I discovered Henry & Glenn Forever & Ever.

It's pretty much the most ridiculous and random thing I think I own, and... yeah. I honestly don't know what I just read, but... yeah...

Allison Floyd
Feb 13, 2015 rated it it was ok
Worth a gander for (most of) the art alone, but the story element mostly felt kind of forced and like it was trying too hard. Probably this was not helped by the fact that the strongest story (I thought) was the first one (always with the mother issues!), which set the bar a bit high for what followed. Fun concept, though, and plenty of fun visuals.
Emily
Jun 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This made me happier than any book has in a long time. I showed it to everyone at work whether they got it or not ( I work at the library, there are few punk rockers there). I ordered it on Amszon immediately,
Stephen Hines
Jul 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book was hilarious! Two aging punk icons who take themselves way too seriously deserve to be spoofed in such a genius manner. Plus, I know a few folks (Rafer Roberts, Jeremy Baum, etc.) who contributed pinup art for the anthology, which made it even cooler.
Kit
Jan 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Popsugar read:
A book with a title that's a character's name
Pamster
Jan 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What took me so wrong to read this? It's the best ever.
Justin
This never stops being funny to me. The stories in this volume were written by a few different people, so the quality does vary a bit, but the ones that are good are really good.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Everything Explained Through Flowcharts: All of Life's Mysteries Unraveled Including Tips for World Domination, Which Religion Offers the Best Afterlife, the Secret Recipe for Gettin' Laid Lemonade
  • The Legend of Bold Riley
  • You Will Die: The Burden of Modern Taboos
  • Spit and Passion
  • It Never Happened Again: Two Stories
  • Freddie and Me: A Coming-of-Age (Bohemian) Rhapsody
  • Sherlock Holmes vs. Zombies (Victorian Undead, #1)
  • No Straight Lines: Four Decades of Queer Comics

• Searching for Grace Kelly
    $15.99 $1.99
  • Bricking It
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Fifth of March: A Story of the Boston Massacre (Great Episodes)
    $8.99 $2.99
    $13.99 $1.99
  • The Elephant Keeper's Daughter
  • The Virtues of Oxygen
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Home to Harmony (Harmony #1)
    $11.14 $1.99
  • Dog Crazy
  • The Towers of Tuscany
  • The Noticer: Sometimes, all a person needs is a little perspective
  • Who We Were Before
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Reluctant Midwife (Hope River, #2)
    $10.49 $1.99
  • Sin No More (Reverend Curtis Black)
    $10.39 $1.99
  • We'll Always Have Paris: Stories
  • The Hidden Flower
  • Greyhound
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Take Two (Above the Line, #2)
  • The Heart Mender: A Story of Second Chances
  • The Miseducation of Cameron Post
    $9.74 $1.99
  • Sideways
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Warleggan: A Novel of Cornwall, 1792-1793 (Poldark)
  • I Capture the Castle
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fat Chance
  • Just a Couple of Days
    $17.99 $1.99
  • The Boleyn Inheritance (The Tudor Court, #3)
    $12.99 $2.99
  • A Scattered Life
  • Every Ugly Word
  • A Memory of Violets: A Novel of London's Flower Sellers
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Desert God (Ancient Egypt, #5)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • The Woman Who Breathed Two Worlds (Malayan #1)
  • An Amish Buggy Ride
  • Old Yeller
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Secret Healer (The Secret Healer #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • Elizabeth Street
  • The Unkillable Kitty O'Kane
  • It Is Well
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Sinful Calling (Reverend Curtis Black #13)
  • On a Cold Dark Sea
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Lady Viper (Tales from the Tudor Court #1)
  • Kings of Broken Things