Start by marking “Stone Song (Cold Iron, #3)” as Want to Read:
Stone Song (Cold Iron, #3)

Stone Song

(Cold Iron #3)

Sorcha Kavanaugh never believed Gran’s stories about the Fair Folk, until one of the creatures walked into a bar where she was singing and stole a year of her life. So when Elada Brightsword, the right hand of South Boston’s renegade Fae patriarch, interrupts her set at the Black Rose, Sorcha knows trouble has found her . . . again.

The Fae warrior has admired S
Kindle Edition
Published June 9th 2014 by Pocket Star

To ask other readers questions about Stone Song, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stone Song

Start your review of Stone Song (Cold Iron, #3)
Treece
Rating: 2 1/2 stars

Out of all the books in the Cold Iron series thus far, I disliked Stone Song the most. The plot was weak. Not much happened except for protecting Sorcha from all the enemies who want to kill her while training her to use her powers, and finally getting her to trust and love Elada. There were no plot twists or surprises. And the heroine, Sorcha was TSTL at times. I did not appreciate a seasoned warrior like Elada, going along with her stupid schemes for a supporting cha
Douglas Meeks
Jun 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
The Cold Iron series seems to get a bit better each book and the author manages to maintain that "on the edge of disaster" feel to the stories.

In this one Elada (who has been a central secondary character in the previous stories) will fall for a woman with a Druid power of stone singer and of course our villain Prince from each of the previous stories shows up but oddly enough he does not present the biggest threat in the novel.

Sorcha and Elada were a bit of a mismatch at
Farrah
May 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
A delightful read, full of sweet romance and constant thrills, Stone Song was a wonderful paranormal romance. I really liked this book. It was an enjoyable read.

Sorcha was a lovely heroine. She was tough and faced everything the Fae world had to throw at her. At first, I got frustrated with her, because she had a tendency to bolt at the first sign of danger rather than fighting it off. But, later, she become determined to stand her ground and proved herself. So, overall, I liked her.
Mei
Apr 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley, paranormal
I received this book from Netgalley for my honest review.

I was so looking forward to reading this book! I loved the previous two and I badly wanted to like this one too. And I did. The story is very interesting and the fight to maintain the wall between the worlds is still ongoing. I think we’ll see many books, since there’s no resolution on the horizon.

This is the story of Elada, Miach’s right hand, and Sorcha, Durid in the making.

Since the beginning Elada is fascinate
Patricia
May 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is the third book in the series. Meet Sorcha Kavanaugh. She has a gift of song and can play the classic Celtic music. But she has been kept quiet from singing from her grandmother. Who did not like the Fae at all. Grandma kept her quiet and too all music away from Sorcha. So Sorcha practiced in private when grandma wasn't around. Until that fateful day when she was taken by a Fae and kept under her thrall for a year. She has lived a quiet life so far. Until the day
that Eldad Brightsw
Beth
Fair Folk, Faerie, Fae, no matter how you say it, I love the mythology behind the Celtic Lore. Stone Song delivers with a story based in Celtic mythology twisting it to bring us a tale taking place during contemporary times. This isn't a story about the fluffy, fun fairies but the dark, deadly and deceptive creatures of folklore. McDermott masterfully spins the tale into an accounting on how these powerful creatures find true love, emotional connections and romance with the humans and Druids that im ...more
Delta
Jun 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Readers of Cold Iron series
3.5 Stars
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
Bards seem to be involved in the old Fae stories. In this book, a modern day singer holds more power than a person holding a gun. Sorcha is more than just a singer. She is a musician who loves all music and creates it passionately. Her grandmother knew better and didn't exactly prepare Sorcha for the dangers of her voice. Sorcha is a stone singer who can use her voice as a weapon of mass destruction. It's pretty cool and I like it!

Ms. McDermott does a great job of creating something
Marta Cox
Jul 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is the third book in the Cold Iron series and it's a series that just keeps improving. A paranormal romance that features the Fae and in this particular story the central male is one we have met in previous books but maybe have not been quite so enamoured with. The author cleverly turns all our preconceived ideas on their collective head and a hero is born!
Elada has spent the past two centuries working as the right hand of the powerful sorcerer Miach and during that time has often had to m
Carrie
May 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: calibre-library, 2014
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

This series is rapidly becoming my new favorite set of books. They create such an interesting and different world that has a story that has sucked me in completely. This installment with Elada and Sorcha is my favorite thus far, but I still think you should start with book 1 to get the full effect.

Sorcha is a woman with unique talent who was raised in a world where the Fae exist and should be feared. She know
Jessi
This ARC was provided to me by Netgalley for an honest review.

Let me just start out by saying that I absolutely love this author! This books she writes are amazing and captivating and I always come away wondering how the next book could top this one and she always pulls it off.

This is the third installment in the Cold Iron series about Fae that meet their lovers 2,000 years after the fall of their empire. Stone song is about a stone singer/druid named Sorcha who grew up knowing that
Melindeeloo
Sorcha doesn't know much about her druid heritage but she's learned the hard way that catching the attention of the capricious Fae is avery bad thing, so when the beautiful fae Elada approaches her with a warning that she is in danger she doesn't trust him and flees only to end up in just the dangerous situation Elada warned of. Elada is determined to keep the mortal with the enchanting voice safe as both fae factions have the lovely singer in the their sights.

I really enjoyed Stone
Julie
Jun 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The third book in the Cold Iron series, Stone Song is a great addition. The main character Sorcha Kavanaugh loves to sing and play Celtic instruments, even though her grandmother forbids it for her own safety. Her silence will keep her safe from the Fae discovering her special Druid powers.
Eldad Brightsword has been watching Sorcha, he want's to protect and help her use powers to her advantage, but must find the right time to approach her. He doesn't want to scare her away.
When an en
Susan (susayq ~)
Another great addition to this series!

This was Elada's story. At one time, he was the right hand of Miach, a powerful fae sorcerer. After being released from his bond in the last book, he is finally free to pursue a more permanent relationship with a woman. Well, leave it to Elada to fall for a druid. And not just any druid, but one who has the power to breakdown the wall between the earth and the fae other world with her voice.

I loved that Sorcha was so ready and willing to save Elada. She wa
* Booksessed * Bec
Mar 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 1-net-galley
Book provided by the publisher.

Another brilliantly written adventure with an exciting plot that kept me hooked. Elada's character intrigued me from the first book in the series, fiercely loyal and seemingly cold we saw another side of him in this with Sorcha.
I'm looking forward to the next in the series and seeing Finn brought to his knees
Melinda
Jan 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
I knew this book was going to be about Elada because he was the most likely choice from the characters in the series so far. Plus, there was an excerpt of the beginning of this book at the end of the book. 😁

Elada has been bound to the Far sorcerer, Miach, for most of his long life which started before the days of the Romans. To save Elada's life Miach released him from his bond. Now Elada is free to pursue his own life and even marry if he likes.

Thousands of years ago, th
Maria
Sorcha Kavanaugh had a year of her life stolen by the Fair Folk, so when Elada Brightsword, another Fae, says that she's in danger. She believed him. But she didn't believe that he was there to help and protect her.

Why I started this book: You can't just read one book of this series... you have to binge.

Why I finished it: Elada is the best hero yet, just because he's ready for a relationship... and the danger just keeps increasing.
LiquidLucidity
I've wanted Elada's story to be much much longer. Somehow, the more the series progresses the books seem to get shorter.
SB
May 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Still like this series.
Fangs for the Fantasy
Jul 11, 2014 rated it it was ok
Sorcha never believed her grandmother when she warned her about the fairies, when she took away Sorcha’s violin and forbid her from music – a fate that, for a girl born with the mystical voice of the druids, is almost impossible to imagine

She learned how right her grandmother was when she fell into a fae’s clutches and it was only by chance and her long buried powers that she managed to escape. Now she’s much more careful – but the fae have still come looking for her; Elada with his
Lee
Apr 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
I have always been drawn to Celtic mythology and, if you've read my previous reviews, my love of the Cold Iron series is no secret. Stone Song is book 3 and continues with the story of Sorcha and Elada.

Sorcha is a Druid Stone Singer who can fight the fae and dispel any magic cast on her with her voice. But to keep her safe, her grandmother forbid her to sing. Her voice can't be hidden forever and, as the Fae discover who and where she is, her safety is put at risk. She hasn't learned how to con
Marlene
Jun 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Originally published at Reading Reality

I did not walk into Stone Song with the same sense of anticipation as Silver Skin. Unlike the second book in the series, Stone Song is not set up ahead of time; Elada Brightsword’s romance with Sorcha Kavanagh isn’t hinted at previously, so as a romance, it’s a bit out of the blue.

On the other hand, Elada’s search for Sorcha and people like her is part of the overall story arc. The sorcerer Miach is hunting for people who might be unknown Druids, a
Gokce ~Muslin Myst~
Ah, the Fae. Well, wolf shifters, dragon shifters and vampires, you've got some serious competition. And when I say serious, I mean deadly. If you're familiar with the Fae folk, you'll know they're cruel, sometimes sadistically so, they're careless, mostly senseless, very passionate, and did I say cruel? And yet I can still want one for myself. It’s all thanks to the hero of this book. As infuriating as they could be, after reading about the most gentlemanly of them all, if you could believe it, ...more
Jennifer  (BTH Reviews)
I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review. Review originally appeared on Books That Hook

Sorca is a musician and a Druid. She has the ability to kill fae with her voice, but she lacks control. The Prince Consort wants to get his hands on Sorca because he believes she can bring down the wall between the worlds, which would allow him to free the Queen of the fae.

Elada and Miach are f
Jeannie Zelos
Jun 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Stone Song, D.L. McDermott
Review from Jeannie Zelos book reviews

The third book in the series, and I’ve read and enjoyed them all so far. Each novel is complete, no cliffhangers ( hurrah!) but they build upon characters and actions from previous books. For me the series just keeps on getting better and better.
This time we meet Elada. He was for hundreds of years the Right Hand of sorcerer Miach. Means he's a warrior, the one who protects Micah while he's spell casting, they fig
Mary Mooney
Jun 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
I received a copy from the publisher through NetGalley in exchange for my honest review, so here it is. Sorcha Kavanaugh was raised by her Gran after her parents died, It was weird living with her, there was no radio, TV or much of any kind of sounds. Sorcha lived to play her fathers fiddle but Gran forbid it. She didn't understand a lot of what Gran was talking about until she was kidnapped by a Fae and lost a year of her life until she escaped. So she knows what to look for now. She is a singe ...more
Teresa
5 stars

*** E-Arc provided by NetGalley for review.

I was lucky enough to get all 3 e-arcs (#1 Cold Iron; #2 Silver Skin; #3 Stone Song) from NetGalley, each one is over 350 pages long but I read all three in a matter of 36 hours. So that should tell you something.

I fell in love with the characters. They seem like real people even though most of them are of myth and folklore. These are not the fae of childrens fairytales but are instead the fae of our ancestors.
Dolly Sandor
Apr 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Each entry in this series just gets better and better!!

What I liked: I loved the two main characters, Sorcha and Elada. I was very glad Elada got his own story. Ms McDermott couldn't have picked a better foil for him either in Sorcha. We see some of the characters from the first two books and that just adds to the story and keeps the continuity going.

I enjoy seeing all sides to the Fae, even the "good" ones. They are willing to do what needs to be done to protect themselv
Silver James
Jun 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
Stone Song (Cold Iron, #3) by D.L. McDermott The third book in this on-going series gives the reader more insight into the "urban fae" world created by D.L. McDermott. In this addition, Elada Brightsword, the right hand of fae sorcerer Miach MacCecht, has been tasked with finding singer, Sorcha Kavanaugh. Sorcha is of Druid descent and is a stone singer--a Druid who can destroy with music--which means she can bring down the wall separating the Fae Court from the human realm. She's been raised in fear of the fae so getting close to her a ...more
Literati Literature Lovers
Karen's Two Cents

Stone Song by D.L. McDermott is the third book in the series and could be read as a standalone, but the nuances of the series would be missed if it was read with out the series. The book starts out strong, but I did not feel connected to the romance of Edala and Sorcha in this book. Edala as a hero just didn't strike a cord with me as there was no depth to his character beyond being Miach's 'right-hand'. The book felt like a rehash of the previous book that center

• Chain of Illusions (Bringer and the Bane, #3)
  • Grave Destinations (Grave, #2)
  • To Please A Lady (Seduction, #3)
  • When I Fall (Montgomery Manor #2)
  • Stealing Second (Feeling the Heat, #5)
  • Making a Comeback (More Than a Game, #3)
  • Called Out (Calling It, #3)
  • Caught Up in the Touch (Sweet Home Alabama, #2)
  • Once a Charmer (Charmed in Texas, #3)
  • Tap Out (Worth the Fight, #2)
  • Maybe This Time (Whiskey and Weddings, #2)
  • The Day He Kissed Her (Bad Boys of Crystal Lake, #3)
  • The Hang Up (First Impressions, #2)
  • It Had to Be You (Crystal Valley #2)
  • To Die Fur (Whiskey, Tango & Foxtrot Mystery, #2)
  • Can't Forget You (Risking it All, #3)
D. L. McDermott is the pen name of television writer and historical fiction novelist Donna Thorland. Currently a writer on the WGN historical drama, SALEM, Donna graduated from Yale with a degree in Classics and Art History and managed architecture and interpretation at the Peabody Essex Museum in Salem for several years. She earned an MFA in film production from the USC School of Cinematic Arts, ...more

Cold Iron (4 books)
  • Cold Iron (Cold Iron, #1)
  • Silver Skin (Cold Iron, #2)
  • Blade Dance (Cold Iron, #4)