Start by marking “The Alliance of Isian (Isian #2)” as Want to Read:
The Alliance of Isian (Isian #2)

The Alliance of Isian

(Isian #2)

War is coming and all the kingdoms must choose a side. Isian decides to make an alliance with their long time enemies in order to defeat a common enemy. So Isian sends a proposal, offering their daughter to the prince, in order to ensure an alliance.
Princess Gabrielle and her new husband, Prince Alec must learn to work together and trust each other in order to triumph in
Published November 4th 2013 by Red Mountain Shadows Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Alliance of Isian, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Alliance of Isian

Start your review of The Alliance of Isian (Isian #2)
Kirsty (Amethyst Bookwyrm)
Aug 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: author, fantasy, review
Thanks to Serena Clarke for giving me this book to review.

The Alliance of Isian is the really good second book in the Isian trilogy. Unlike the previous book, this story was less about adventure and more about politics which but it was still just as good as it has a sweet romance and is fast paced. There is an interesting story about differing cultures and how you shouldn’t judge people based off stereotypes.

Gabrielle is a good and relatable character as you could understand her frustrations an
Got My Book
Nov 18, 2016 rated it liked it
Also posted on my blog Got My Book.

Real Rating = 3.5*

A pleasant, clean, YA/NA fantasy romance.

Source: I received this book for free from the publisher. My opinions are my own.

BOOK DETAILS:
Alliance of Isian by Serena Clarke, read by Carolyn Kashner, published by Red Mountain Shadows (2016) / Length: 7 hrs 30 min

SERIES INFO:
This is Book #2 of 3 in the "Isian" series, but could easily be read as a standalone. Number 3 is not yet available on audio.

SUMMARY:
In my review for Book #1, I wrote how that
LAWonder10
Dec 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Serena Clarke has once again captivated her audience with her new fantasy novel of 'The Alliance of Isian'. This is a stand alone sequel to 'The Treasure of Isian'.

The youngest daughter, Gabrielle, of Isian was dismayed at being wedded to Prince Alec of Tandori. T andori was the mortal enemy of Isian. The cultures and customs were very different. This was the only way war between two strong powers could be prevented. If Tandori joined with the other enemies,huge bloodshed and devastation would r
Powder River Rose
There’s a new sister in the limelight and together she and her new husband must find a way to love and trust each other in order to save their kingdoms. Though different from the first book in that it lacks the travel adventures it still holds your attention with a little magic, small battles, and an intriguing plot which makes a good second story for Serena Clarke. As this is an audiobook the narrator plays an extremely important role and Carolyn Kashner has done well. Her voices of the charact ...more
Charissa
Dec 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
This fantasy romance sucked me into its intriguing plot even though I usually don’t care for fantasy. There isn’t too much weird magic in it (just enough to make it mild fantasy). Princess Gabrielle and her new husband Prince Alec have been joined in marriage to form an alliance to save Isian, but neither trust each other and have a long way to go in tolerating each other’s cultural differences. This was an awesome, and very unique romance showing how two very different people can grow to love e ...more
Heather
Sep 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audible-read
This is the second book in the Isian series, and it continues the story of the struggles of the kingdoms to unite before an inevitable war. Young Isian princess Gabrielle has been groomed all her life to marry a noble to consolidate power. She never expected that man to be Prince Alec of Tandori, one of Isian's mortal enemies. After meeting Alec six years ago, she formed an impression of him as a vulgar drunken womanizer. Alec has never even seen her face behind the veil young Isian women wear. ...more
BookLoversLife
This second edition of The Isian Series sees the focus on Princess Gabrielle of Isian and Prince Alec of Tandori, The Tandori and Isian Kingdoms have been sworn enemies for decades but have decided to make an alliance by marrying Gabrielle and Alec. Gabrielle comes from a different culture and doesn't like Alec because of his wonanising ways. She has no choice but to marry him and does so with trepidation.

This second edition in the series was a little better than the first, in that the characte
Shirley
May 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The Alliance of Isian
By Serena Clarke
Series: The Isian Series Bk 2
Publ: Red Mountain Shadows Publishing c2013

Isian and Tandori have been enemies for longer than any living citizen of either kingdom can remember. In an effort to make lasting peace between the two kingdoms King Loren and Queen Elaina of Isian have proposed that their youngest daughter Princess Gabrielle wed Crown Prince Alec of Tandori.
Prince Alec is 10 years older than Princess Gabrielle and has garnered quite a reputation as
Lilmissmolly
Sep 18, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Alliance of Isian by Serena Clarke is an charming story about how two people from very different cultures and backgrounds can learn to admire and eventually love the other after an arranged marriage. The story centers around Princess Gabrielle and her new husband, Prince Alec, who both agreed to the arranged marriage at the request of their parents in order to defeat a common enemy.

While at first I didn't care for Gabrielle's character because she seemed liked a stereotypical pampered princ
Katie W
I love a good story with an arranged marriage in it--especially if it involves royalty. How could I not love this one? Gabrielle is offered up to marry handsome Prince Alec in order to forge an alliance that will help in the coming war. Their relationship progresses slowly and naturally and I really enjoyed watching it unfold.

Gabrielle wants to be loved, but she remembers the prince from her younger years and always thought of him as a playboy. I know I would have a hard time getting over those
Anna del C. Dye
Jan 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was asked to do a review for The Alliance of Isian and I wondered if I would like it. I was hooked from the first chapter and love it. I enjoyed the plot, the characters and the romance. It has so many good things going that I went Ahhh when I finished it. I enjoyed it better than the first book in the series, which is good. You will find secrets, magic, love, courage, betrayals and death in this volume. All are orchestrated to give you a well-balanced story with great components.
Alec and Gabr
Jonel
Oct 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: other
Wow! This series just keeps getting better. Clarke melds fantasy with a vivid manner of storytelling that had me hooked. The intricate descriptions lend themselves to Clarke's vivid world building while the intimate voice allowed me to really get into the exciting and fast paced plot.

I love how Clarke showed the separation between those who approve of magic and those who don't. It's not just a given thing in this world. Many are against it, and for good reason. This divide added a complexity to
Debbie
Feb 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
"The Alliance Of Isian" by Serena Clarke gets five stars from me.

"The Alliance Of Isian" is the second book in (The Isian Series). I enjoyed this book but not as much as the first one, " The Treasure Of Isian". Some of the characters from this book is reintroduced in this second book!

In this book, the kingdoms of Isian and Tandori musts make an alliance with each other to break the power of the evil prince who wants to wants the kingdoms to fall. In order for this alliance to happen, one of the
Amanda
Jan 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the second in the Isain series and I liked it even better than the first one. Such a challenging premise that a prince and princess from, formerly, waring countries should marry and try to get along to help mend the breach and form an alliance against a mutual enemy.

Gabrielle and Alec are both strong personalities but also hold unswerving loyalty to their countries and their duty. This loyalty they slowly also give to each other as they discover misconceptions each have held about the o
Dena (Batch of Books)
Jan 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
I liked this book more than the first one. I really enjoyed the premise of arranged marriage and the two warring countries trying to establish peace and unity. I liked the different customs of the two countries and how both Gabrielle and Alec had to overcome their dislike for each other. I liked their relationship and the way things turned out in the end.

The things I didn't like were pretty much the same as the first book. I felt like an observer of the story, as the characters go about their li
Linda Badurek
Apr 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing

I LOVED this book. It really would make a good movie!

I am luckier than some readers. I didn't realize it was the second book in the series. It certainly is a great stand alone book, but I was thrilled to find that I don't have to WAIT for the next one. I can go back now and read the first story in the series.

Serena Clarke is a talented author. She has created a great story line, and developed characters who make you care about them and about what happens to them. She skillfully guides you throug
Cheryl
Dec 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Wow. I loved this book even more than the first one in the series. I am always intrigued by stories of arraigned marriages and how they turn to marriages filled with love. These two characters had so much to overcome coming from different cultures. Yet, they bravely took on the challenge because of the love they had for the people who they ruled over. There is plenty of action and intrigue in the storyline. I lost quite a bit of sleep reading way too late into the night. I love the characters. I ...more
Leslie Fisher
I liked this book. This is the second book in the Isian series that I have read. They are clean, fun, fantasy romance. What I especially liked about this book is that the main characters, Gabrielle and Alec, are such inspirational people, but more so, inspirational leaders. They put the good of the people above their own personal needs and desires and rule with humility. I really liked the story that Alec told about how his father "humbled him" as a young boy.

I listened to the Audible audio edi
Debbie
Apr 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I had the honor to review this wonderful book. The author will have you on the edge of your seat waiting to see what happens to the prince and princess next.
Angie
Nov 27, 2017
Portia
Feb 21, 2014
Serena Clarke
Nov 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Carol
Aug 24, 2014
Tara
Apr 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Review to be posted soon.
Linda Clarke
May 20, 2015
Clean Romances: Magic, Romance, Fantasy, and Mystery 1 9 May 20, 2015 06:17PM
Serena has a Bachelors Degree in Graphic Design and is a member of the Red Mountain Shadows Publishing team. She is passionate about learning, reading, art, and design. She enjoys designing her book covers as much as writing her books.

Isian (2 books)
  • The Treasure of Isian (Isian, #1)