Start by marking “Agent I1: Tristan (The D.I.R.E. Agency #1)” as Want to Read:
Agent I1: Tristan (The D.I.R.E. Agency #1)

Read Excerpt

Agent I1: Tristan

(The D.I.R.E. Agency #1)

He’s an agent for hire.

She’s a small town sweetheart.

What could they possibly have in common… except danger?

Raised in the art of warfare, Former Navy SEAL Tristan Jacobs has always been a force to reckon with. Now that D.I.R.E. has successfully implemented his scientific enhancements, he’s a walking weapon. Unstoppable, as long as he stays focused.

When ex-BUD/S teammate A
Published December 16th 2013 by Joni Hahn (first published November 22nd 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Agent I1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Agent I1

Lady Heather

"An arc was provided by Indie Inked via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review"

I had such high expectations for this book! When I first read the synopsis my "inner-geek" was jumping up and down excited that an author would take on such an amazing story-line.

photo thatswhatimtalkingabout.gif

Unfortunately, I couldn't get into the story or connect with the characters.
Tristan the lead male is "supposed to be" an experienced former Navy SEAL, has been genetically enhanced, and now works as a mercenary for a secret organization.
Monica **can't read fast enough**
I'm very thankful that this audio only cost me $1.99. The premise held promise, but that's the nicest thing that I can say about this one. Extremely annoying heroine, not so great hero, and a very loose storyline. My lack of enjoyment of this one is in no way the fault of narrator Fred Filbrich. His narration is what enabled me to get through this one. This was disappointing.

Curly Carla Celebrity Readers

Favorite Quotes:

Rachel smiled as love struck her like a placid wave, washing over her, soothing her with the comfort of its truth.

“Don’t you get it? Ensuring you’re safe is worth more to me than my life ever will. I don’t have anything outside of D.I.R.E. If I die, I want to die for something I believe in and, take my word for it, there isn’t much out there. But you, Rachel, you’re worth dying for.”

4 stars

This book is perma free! It is a pretty steamy rea
Kate's Corner
Once again I'm working through my Amazon Freebie list and this was one of them only have about a hundred to go now. Shouldn't take too long. This book is great and it's different and unique and I'm all about different and unique.

Credentials:

- Second generation Former Navy Seal.
- D.I.R.E's top agent

Enhancements:

- Teleportation
- Invisibility.

Adian Monroe has called in an old favor with his buddy Tristan Jacobs make sure is saintly sister Rachel doesn't marry the douchebag. The other slight hitch i
Steph
Agent I1: Tristan introduces us to Tristan, an agent with The D.I.R.E. (Defense, Intelligence and Reconnaissance Enforcement) Agency. Ever since Scotty first beamed characters on and off the Enterprise, I've been fascinated with teleportation. And, over the years, I've read about many different forms of I-wish-I-could-do-that jumps from here to there. In this novel, as a result of scientific enhancements, Tristan has the ability to not only "... teleport from one place to another with the scan o ...more
Sadie Forsythe
Here's the perfect way to describe the forgetableness of this book. Last night I finished a book and went to bed, with the intention of reviewing it this morning. This morning, I took my Kindle to the gym and started this book while on the stationary bike. When I got home, I reviewed the book I finished last-night and then sat down to look at my Kindle Collections to pick out what to read next, completely forgetting that I had started and read 30% of this book already. It made that little of an ...more
Lexi
Jan 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
** Originally written for Book Bliss book blog. I received a copy of this book in exchange for an unbiased and honest review.**

Review: 4 stars
General: What a fantastic concept! I loved the idea overall, D.I.R.E. may seem a little bit evil to the extent that they genetically engineered the players but I still loved it. It was a romance and a spy novel all rolled into one. I loved the way the two were seamlessly mixed together with a nice dose of sci-fi too. The tension in the book felt real, high
Ashley Martinez (ilovebooksandstuffblog)
Tristan Jacobs the best super-agent in the world. Equipped with the ability to teleport and turn invisible, he's a virtually unstoppable weapon. An agent for D.I.R.E. Agency he's surrounded by danger, but the most dangerous assignment has yet to begin. Asked by his friend and ex BUD/S teammate, Aidan for a favor, he has no problem completing the task especially when it involves Aidan's sexy sister, Rachel.
Rachel has a plan, she's going to marry the rich Cody Brewster and finally get her father'
Nikki Brooks
Feb 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: series-boxsets
New series for me and it began with a bang!!! Secret government agency does technological enhancements to soldiers. Tristan is the first to go through the process. He can become invisible and teleport himself wherever he wants in an instant. But superhero powers come at a price: relationships and superpowers don't really mix.

Rachel Monroe is the sister of Tristan's friend, Aiden. She;s getting married to douchebag of the century Cord, as he has promised to pay off her late fathers medical bills!
Jewel
I got this book back in February when it was featured on Bookbub, but just now got to read it. I liked it! Though I don't read a lot of sci-fi these days, I do enjoy a good sci-fi story.

Tristan was pretty much raised to be a SEAL and then he was taken further and given biological enhancements to give him the ability to teleport and also to become invisible. Handy, that. His friend Aiden asks for his help to get Aiden's sister out of her wedding.

Tristan wasn't expecting to be completely floored b
Shan ~ A ~
Jan 28, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tristan is a D.I.R.E Agent who has been scientifically enhanced. While doing a favor for a friend he gets acquainted with the friends sister.

That sister is Rachel. Rachel is about to get married to the wrong man, for what she believes is the right reason. Thank goodness Tristan comes to the rescue.

The two of them can't get along, but we all know enemies or non friends make the best possible lovers. The chemistry between them was off the charts from the beginning.

Lucky us gets to go along for
⚜️Trea
Dec 09, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: challenges-2015
I grabbed this book thinking it would be a great superhero read, but sadly I was bored through it. I was mildly confused throughout the entire book, and I couldn't connect to any of the characters. I didn't care for the way Rachel kept letting every one run her life for her and her constant self-sacrificing nature, as if she didn't have any desires of her own. Don't even get me started on why Tristan would be so insecure! There is no way a former SEAL would be such a wuss! There were other parts ...more
Solmarie
Jan 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hot

I absolutely loved this book. I was surprised by a few things. One the concept of the book was original. Two, the author threw in some curveballs towards the end that have me literally salivating to read the next book. I think I've found a new author to keep my eye out for.

So guess your wondering about the actual book. Well, you start out with a smoking hot former Navy Seal Tristan Jacobs. He's asked by his friend for a "small" favor. What he doesn't contend with is that his favor is basical
Jan 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I could not put this book down, but losing sleep was worth it! One of my pet peeves with fiction is to be able to predict the plot very early on, but AgentI1: Tristan was completely unpredictable! I loved that plot twists arose throughout the text, but in completely logical ways. I was also amazed that Joni Hahn was able to make the characters so believable so quickly. There were clever lines of dialogue, with witty comebacks that made me chuckle. I've already started reading the second in the s ...more
Amanda S.
Jun 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Surprisingly this book is good.

I was expecting a soldier love story, but even though the Hero's not exactly a soldier, he's actually a hero. I enjoyed it.

Tristan is cute, , he's a bit annoying though. But then again, that's the thing that made him cute. But to be honest, the way the author wrote the story, is a bit confusing. I guess it's because there are so many characters but no further explanation.

Looking forward to read Aidan's story!
Tara West
Dec 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Oh, wow. Just finished and now I'm on to the next book. Tristan was so swoon-worthy. Mmmm. The book was so well written, pacing, dialog, characterization, was spot on PLUS it delivered just the right amount of hunky heat. Did I mention Tristan is a total stud? Anyone considering downloading this book should just do it already.
Sandy Ambrose
Mar 27, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Who knew?

I was pleasantly surprised by this book. I wasn't sure if the story line would hold my attention. Was I wrong!!! This book was great. It had everything. One hot teleporting agent and a woman who was no weakling. Throw in some bad guys, some gunfire and top it off with some down and dirty and I'm hooked!!!
Elisia Crawford
Dec 08, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
This was my first time reading something written by Jodi Hahn. I won the book as a first reads giveaway. I got to say: I truly enjoyed the story, characters, and progression of both throughout the book. I always love romance stories like this, it was an easy read that got me excited to read the others in the series. A must read!
Doina Condrea
Nov 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016
This was one of the most interesting, captivating books I've read in my modest experience with books. I was intrigued because it has a few facets to it. It's like a fantasy/sci-fi book and there is also a romance. It's really simply a ridiculously interesting book that I greatly enjoyed reading.
Julianna
Great beginning to a new series! am loving the 1st book being free:)
Sam
tl;dr (written after I finished this review): This author's sexism and misogyny can go fuck itself. This book promotes a seriously psychologically abusive and dangerous relationship as healthy and normal. It promotes the idea that women can't make their own decisions and that we need to have men make them for us.

DNF @ 75% and go fuck yourself.

Here's my review as I read the book. It starts off much happier:

And here I thought I could avoid boobs and curves. Well, not really, but it's not a surpris
Pamela
Jan 04, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
These are the kind of romance novels that grate on my nerves. I chucked it all in by Chapter 4.
Dessa
Aug 08, 2018 rated it it was ok
Simplistic writing style, ok story w/some unique content, but compares more to an
Avon or Harlequin romance in tone (except for pretty explicit sex). Not sure where Joni Hahn is in her writing journey, this story seems like a first venture, not as tight and crisp as other writers have achieved.
Heli - So Many Books - So Little Time
Catgirl
Apr 22, 2019 rated it did not like it
DNF 20%
Meagon
Aug 24, 2017 rated it it was ok
Unfortunately I've read fan fictions better than this....
Cynthia
I thought this was an interesting read I can’t say anything really grabbed me and held on. I was expecting more action but feel this was more of a book to setup with D.I.R.E is and does with showing you the basics of the operation. At the end of this audio they author does give you the first chapter or so of book two which starts out with action and a laugh. I am looking forward to listening to it and seeing if it picks up a little more. With that said I did find this to be a good read with some ...more
Emsy Van Wyck
Jan 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed-at-fff
Joni Hahn's Agent I1: Tristan is a fantastic introduction to the MEGA five star D.I.R.E. Agency must-read series

Everyone wants to love a hero, but finding one can sometimes be a little hard. Particularly if they don't perceive themselves as hero material. However, writer Joni Hahn hits it out of the ballpark with her new suspense laden romance series, The D.I.R.E. Agency, that offers a touch of the paranormal too.

For fans of Doctor Who, you'll discover some fellow time travelers (though not Tim
Maria
Jan 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
I received a complimentary copy of this book as a part of a book tour in exchange for a fair and honest review.

A fan of comic books, I’ve often wondered about the need we have for superheroes. Is it because they give us hope? Is it because they pick us up when we’re down? Or is it just because they’re entertaining? Regardless of the reason, if you like books with super heroes, adventure, a spicy touch of romance and the never ending battle between good and evil, I recommend adding a copy of Jo
Vanessa
Mar 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great book!
Insomnia Book Club: The D.I.R.E Agency by Joni Hahn 11 7 Jan 21, 2016 09:52PM

• Rebel (Comet Coalition, #1)
  • Born (B Cubed #1)
  • Parallel Attraction (Midnight Warriors, #1)
  • Hers to Choose (Verdantia, #2)
  • Tripped Up (SEALs On Fire, #8)
  • Warlord's Bounty (Chamele Barbarian Warlords/Barbarian Claims #2)
  • One Thousand Brides (Star Brides, #1)
  • Mind Reader (The Reunited Hearts, #2)
  • Meagan's Marine (Halos & Horns, #3)
  • Breaking Away (SEAL Team Heartbreakers #3)
  • Larger Than Life (Smithson Group SG-5 #2)
  • Under Currents
  • Desolation (Earth Evolution, #1)
  • IceFlight (Iron Alter Trilogy, #1)
  • The True Beast (Full Moon Mercy, #2)
  • My Mr. Rochester (Jane Eyre Retold, #1)
  • Planet Mail (Mail Call, #1)
  • The Eve Genome

The D.I.R.E. Agency (7 books)
  • Agent E2: Aidan (The D.I.R.E. Agency #2)
  • Agent T3: d'Artagnan (The D.I.R.E. Agency #3)
  • Agent M4: Riordan (D.I.R.E. Agency, #4)
  • Agent S5: Jaydan (The D.I.R.E. Agency #5)
  • Agent N6: Dylan (The D.I.R.E. Agency, #6)
  • Agent U7: Keegan (The D.I.R.E. Agency, #7)
“If I die, I want to die for something I believe in and take my word for it, there isn’t much out there. But you, Rachel, you’re worth dying for.”
- Tristan Jacobs”