Start by marking “Stay (Blackcreek, #2)” as Want to Read:
Stay (Blackcreek, #2)

Stay

(Blackcreek #2)

Wes Jensen just lost the sister who raised him, and gained custody of his niece. The last thing he needs to add to his full plate is dealing with Braden Roth, the one-night-stand who continues to try to push his way into Wes’ life. He has a kid to raise now, and Wes isn't great at getting close anyway.

Braden has never had a woman or a man sneak out on him the morning afte
Published April 22nd 2014 by Riley Hart

To ask other readers questions about Stay, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stay

Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

4/11/18 Update - I've missed Wes and Braden, so I think it's time for a reread! I haven't reread their book yet, so I'm excited to start the audiobook! My commute to and from work just got a hell of a lot better!!

------------------------------------
***5 Stars***

Dear Riley Hart,

I really liked Noah and Cooper from the first book Collide, and thought it was going to be pretty damn hard to surpass them. Don't get me wrong, I was beyond looking forward to Wes and Braden and went into this book with
Judith
Nov 11, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
*** 3 Stars ***

Enjoyable M/M Romance.
Braden and Wes were introduced in book one and I was really looking forward to their story,especially from the delectable Braden's POV.
In book one we learned that Wes's sister was dying and that she wanted him to have custody of her young daughter,Jess.

In this book he is struggling to cope with the loss of his sister and the daunting task of raising a young child.
Wes and Braden had previously had a one time thing with him not wanting anything more,however Bra
Gigi
Re-read August, 2015 M/M romance perfection. I give it 6 stars after this re-read. A perfect, feel-good comfort read.

This book has the distinct honor of encouraging me to finally cull my fuck yeah, 5+ stars shelf of the books that don't quite make the grade as the best of the best. I knocked 10 books off the shelf to make room for books like this one that ROCK MY WORLD and fill my brain with sunshine. I still love those 10 books and they still rate 5 stars and are on my favorites shelf, but I ne
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
Riley Hart....

Loved Braden and Wesley!

This was a super sweet, feel good story. Very low on the angst and drama but had plenty of steam.

We met both Braden and Wesley in Collide. They share a night together and the next morning, Wes leaves Braden without so much as a goodbye.

Fast forward and Wes' sister has passed away and he now has custody of his niece Jessi. Wes doesn't have time for a relationship, he doesn't want a relationship and he definitely doesn't want Braden.

Braden has a different
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
3. 5 chemistry, lust, and tension galore stars

Braden knows what he wants, and he wants Wes. But Wes is happy in his little bubble. He doesn't need the complications.

Braden gave much more here than Wes. Wes didn't put himself out there, and it took a lot of pushing on Braden's part to get Wes to open up.

Small niggles: The editing was not stellar with typos and some awkward sentence construction.

I also don't love it when kids are used as a plot device to move the relationship between adults al
Ingie
Written May 1, 2014

4 Stars - Cute, loving and tender with a sweet niece, tentative increasing manly heat and sincerely hope for the future of a great family happiness

Of cource I wanted to read Wes & Braven's own love story.
I so wanted to know much more about them already in Collide (3.8 stars). ~ ...and I'm a happy girl now, it was a lovely book.

Do you like to read about growing love between two men mixed with a nice family feeling, a sweet little motherless four year old girl,
Isabel
Feb 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Fabulous!!! I loved Collide, but Stay is even better! And the reason why this book is better is Braden!!! Braden is the life of this story... He is funny, intelligent, care free... but when he was needed, he was always there, safe and dependable!

Wes wasn't expecting to fall so strongly for Braden! He was careful, scared of what could come of that relationship!

Together they are so good... Braden is so sweet and tender with Jessie!!! Who wouldn't fall for a man like that?!!!

I loved this book!!!

E
.Karéz.
Apr 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars!

description

So far I am really enjoying Blackcreek series. Ever since Wes and braden's encounter in Collide (will practically hit and run situation! :D). I got curious to see how these two will end up. And Riley Hart didn't fail to deliver me a book So full of life,love,lust,happiness,and some aching moments..

description..

Moving on..

I honestly don't know how a person can give,and still handle all the chaos. But when it comes to Wes. he would give all his life to people, without anything in return. And that'
* Meli Mel *

♥♥♥ 4.5 Heart Melting Stars ♥♥♥

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"I needed to risk my heart, because you're worth it. And I'm worth it, too."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Oh, how I loved this book. I couldn't wait to get into this one, and I am so happy how much I enjoyed it. Just LOVED it!

If you read book 1 of the series, then you that Braden and Wes have a bit of a history. They had a one night stand where Wes leaves Braden during the night and since t
Cory
Nov 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
So let me just get this out of the way, I LOVE BRADEN! Seriously L-O-V-E him! I would love Braden in the ugliest of Christmas sweaters. I would love him in pink Spanx with a neon green tank top. With each page I fell in love with him more and more. And just so we are clear....he is MINE people :) Although I don't mind lending him to you for the length of time that it takes you to read the book...but then he is back to being mine again. OK, I just needed to get that off my chest.

This is my 3rd Ri
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️
Riley Hart, you just keep getting better and better! I really enjoyed this one!

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Stay follows the story of Wes and Braden. If you read Collide, Braden was the bi-sexual hunk of man that worked in the firehouse with Cooper, a main character in Collide. Wes was staying in Blackcreek caring for his dying sister and niece. They had a small cameo together in Collide where Braden and Wes have a one night stand where Braden wakes to an empty bed. Fast forward a bit....

Wes' sister Chelle passes away an
Jo ★The Book Sloth★
Jan 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, contemporary, mm, na
5 FREAKING LOVE IT STARS

Wes Jensen is no stranger to loss. It seems that everyone he loves he eventually loses. His dad who walked out on him, his mom who died way too early, the boyfriend who didn't understand him enough to stay and now the sister who raised him. As if dealing with the pain isn't enough he now also has to care for his niece, a task that Wes isn't sure he is really up to.

Braden Roth is
Barbara
Apr 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: hot, m-m
 photo STAY_zps46dcfcb0.gif

I LOVED IT!!!

This book has the perfect amount of everything I love!

A bit of angst but …

No nagging melodrama…

Dirty talker…

Lots of lust and sexual tension…

Smoking hot sex…

Tender sweet gooey moments!!!

And Braden, SERIOUSLY … AMAZING❤!
 photo 89117cd902c03b03fbbb668ac3d88ea8_zps95ca8d8b.jpg

Monique
Mar 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lgbt
☆ ★ ☆ 4.5 FABULOUS STARS ☆ ★ ☆

photo Stay-1.jpg

It’s official… I AM A HUGE Riley Hart fan!!! There is no doubt in my mind this woman can write up a storm. As a reader she takes me to that place we all want to go, to get so lost and caught up in the pages of a book, where reality fades into the background and you become engrossed and lose yourself to the romance. Riley Hart gives me that ahhh feeling… when you sink into the couch, open your kindle and know you are going to be truly wowed, she just seems to pull
Mo
Apr 05, 2014 rated it liked it
3.5

I liked it. I did like it. I see most of my friends have given this 4 and 5 stars. It did not hit that 4 or 5 star button for me. Why? No idea why! Liked Wes, liked Braden, liked Jessie. It was just “like” though, not “love”.

Dia
4 solid stars!

This is the second book in the Blackcreek series. I have read the first book years ago and unfortunately I don't remember much about Noah and Cooper, but I am a big Riley Hart fan and I knew I will love this book.

It was extremely hot, but also suuuper sweet. We get only a little angst here and it's the only reason I am not giving it 5 stars. What I loved the most here would be the hotness. Wow these men can surely burn my iPad. Loved the cute 4 years old Jessie! And Jock the choco
Alice
Oct 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing

This series just keeps getting better . This one was amazing!

description

After reading book one, Collide, I was so anxiously awaiting to read Wes story. I liked Braden, but nothing more. But I had no idea Braden could be this flawless!

After his sister died of cancer, Wes gained the custody of his little niece, Jessie. He is not convinced that he's the right person to fit in that role for her, but he tries to do his best.

We know from book one that Braden and Wes hooked up once. It was just a one night stan
Richard
Apr 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: aaa
Man, it killed me not to give this book a 5th star.
Man, Collide was 5 star awesome but I had hoped the use of "man" would have been tempered in this book, man.
But man, sadly no.

Man, gay men do not use the "man" reference
Bi man do not use the "man" reference, man.
Insecure straight men in lockerooms do not use the "man" reference as much as these characters.

MAN, this got awkward to read.
Eva
Feb 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Amazing... loved it!

Wes...

Past heartbreaks ...

Future hope...

AMAZING.

It was sweet, it was tender, characters full of self-doubt, and a bit of angst.

*Sighs*

I connected with both Wes and Braden and felt the development of their relationship was credible and very real. The emotions were off the charts

"I needed to risk my heart, because you're worth it. And I'm worth it, too."

And the sex, well that was pretty damn hot too.

I am really happy that a book 3 is coming out soon. Cant wait.

Beautif
Mona
Feb 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
**3.5 Sweet Stars**

I'll admit...
description

But I was happy and smiling by the end. So all good.
Susan
Sep 11, 2014 rated it really liked it

Ok, so here's a confession: I started reading this book knowing that I'd read the first one and seeing that I'd given it 3.5 stars, obviously enjoyed it enough. But as I got a couple pages in, I realized I could not, for the life of me, remember ANYTHING about book 1. I could not remember Noah or Cooper or a fireman or GFY or any of it! I went back and read my review and NO light bulbs went off. It was a black hole. Huh.

Good news: that means "Stay" book 2 of the series, can TOTALLY be r
✝✝ Ⓓaisy ❣ ✝✝
Mar 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Stay was one book that I was excited about with Ami because of Wes and Braden.

And totally fell in love with Braden. He was such a darling.

BRADEN + WES =

photo tumblr_mbh64mVBz21rheqhwo1_500.gif

Explosive!!!!

If you are into M/M smut read, you have it!!!! Only thing that I wished for was more of the sorry line.

photo A5B641CD-7433-4B2B-86D5-062C9FA01E7C.jpg

Braden, ooo, Braden, he is such a dirty talker and me loving!!!!

photo 16168106-B865-4636-9429-13D54DB874AA.jpg

Happy reading

D xo

**BR with gorgeous Ami, thanks girly**
✦❋Arianna✦❋
Sep 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
4.5 STARS

description

We met both Wes and Braden in the first book in the series “Collide”, where they spend a night together. Wes leaves Braden in the morning without a word, he’s not interested to be with someone, especially with Braden. Wes has enough on his plate right now to be involved in a relationship – his sister died from cancer, leaving him in charge with his four year old niece, Jessie.

Braden is a fire fighter and he’s bi. He’s carefree and wild and he doesn’t have any responsibilities. He had n
~Stéphanie's Journal~
Stay was one perfect read!

description

This is the story of Wes and Braden, two men so different from one another that it was so adorable to see what brought them together.

Wes is in a difficult period of his life because he has just lost one of his sisters whom he was very close. Following this tragic event, he was given custody of her niece, Jessie, who is only four years. He terrified to do more wrong than good and he only wants to focus on his life and the one from his niece, Jessie.

Braden is a man who
SueC
Mar 12, 2014 rated it really liked it

What do you get when you cross a couple of hot guys, an adorable kid and a Labrador Retriever called Jock? A damn good story, that’s what. ❤❤❤

Books are very much like single days in our lives. Some are good, and some are bad. Sometimes they’re ridiculous and hard to believe, while others make you wish you’d never had to endure them. Sometimes you’ll revisit a picnic spot (or book) with great fervour only to find that it’s memory serves you better than the crummy experience you just had.
Alvin
May 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: on-call, light
AND NOW, ALL I CAN THINK ABOUT IS THAT SAM SMITH SONG.

(BTW, while writing this review, I made a playlist with songs that has "Stay" in it and had it on repeat.)

4.5 UNCLE WES AND UNCLE BRADEN STARS!!!
I think I like this better than Collide. And I think this might be my favorite Riley Hart book!

It was just what I need. This story made me feel so good!!! Out of all of her books, this was the least angsty. And I loved it!!! It was simple and light. But really good. Lots of happy moments on i
Jaela
Mar 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Oh, this book was so much better than the first one. I ended up loving both Braden and Wes, and of course little Jess. This book had all the elements that the first one lacked. The drama (not much, just the right amount), the deep feelings and the interaction.

Wes is a tormented soul, whose life hasn't been easy at all, and continues to get harder and harder. He finds himself in a parent role and tries to do everything for his little niece. He doesn't care what happens to himself, he only cares i
Macky
Dec 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Quite simply...I loved this. Wes and Braden's relationship kept me rapt all the way through. I'd been looking forward to this for a long time and when it arrived it was just as great as I expected. Engaging characters, sweet, hot, sexy romance, endearing little girl.. No complaints from me at all. Everyone should be so lucky to meet someone like Braden, like everyone I fell hard and fast for him...as it stands Wes was the guy who got him and I'm so happy he did. Wes stole my heart just as much a ...more
Tina
Mar 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing

Wonderful 2nd book in the Blackcreek series.

Riley, you're a star!

Can't wait for the next one!
⊱ Poppy ⊰
Sep 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016, reviewed, mm-romance
OH MY … I am feeling emotionally drained. This book really did a number on me!!

Where do I even start. This book was full of angst, heart-break, laugh out loud moments, crazy eye rolling stuff, cuteness overloaded and choices. So many things in one book made me emotionally drained like at one page I am giggling like a toddler and at next I am cussing like a sailor. Like I said before “Emotionally Drained”.

“If you don’t risk your heart, you’ll never know what it’s like for it to fully be whole.

• Keep Swimming (Keep Swimming, #1)
  • Daylight Again (Hell or High Water, #3)
  • Dex in Blue (Johnnies, #2)
  • Aftermath (Aftermath, #1)
  • Full Disclosure (Nice Guys, #2)
  • Shaking the Sugar Tree (Sugar Tree, #1)
  • The Shearing Gun
  • Rare (Roads, #2)
  • Last First Kiss (Southern Comfort #1)
  • The Last Thing He Needs (The Last Thing He Needs, #1)
  • The Nothingness of Ben (The Austin Trilogy, #1)
  • A Fighting Man (Men of Manhattan, #3)
  • The Fall (The Fall #1)
  • Fusion (North Star #2)
  • Starfish and Coffee
  • Red Dirt Heart 3 (Red Dirt, #3)
  • Take (Temptation, #2)
  • Cherish (Faith, Love, & Devotion, #3.5)
Riley Hart is the girl who wears her heart on her sleeve. She's a hopeless romantic. A lover of sexy stories, passionate men, and writing about all the trouble they can get into together. If she's not writing, you'll probably find her reading.

Riley lives in California with her awesome family, who she is thankful for everyday.

Blackcreek (3 books)
  • Collide (Blackcreek, #1)
  • Pretend (Blackcreek, #3)
“It doesn’t matter who you love, brother, as long as you love them with your whole damn heart.” 20 likes
“If you don't risk your heart, you'll never know what it's like for it to fully be whole.” 3 likes