Start by marking “Cupcakes a colazione” as Want to Read:
Cupcakes a colazione

Cupcakes a colazione (Great Chefs #1-2)

3.77  ·  Rating details ·  5,114 Ratings  ·  141 Reviews
Summer è una maga del dessert ed è appena stata ingaggiata dal proprietario di una catena di alberghi di lusso, Blake Cochran, per creare un menu prestigioso per il ristorante di Filadelfia. Carlo ha appena finito di dedicarsi al suo ultimo libro di ricette e sta per intraprendere un viaggio per pubblicizzarlo insieme all’agente Juliet Trent. Una vera sfida, per Summer e C ...more
ebook
Published November 16th 2013 by Harlequin Mondadori (first published 1986)

To ask other readers questions about Cupcakes a colazione, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cupcakes a colazione

Nov 08, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Δεν μπόρεσα να το τελειώσω, γι' αυτό το λόγο βάζω δύο αντί για ένα.
Cyrisse
Oct 17, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: romance readers
Recommended to Cyrisse by: n/a
Shelves: nora-roberts
Table For Two proves a delectable gormandizing experience with two light-hearted Harlequin romance from Nora Roberts topped with her vast knowledge of Italian and French haute cuisine as a garnish.

Summer Desserts, the first story is about the fiercely independent French chef Summer Lyndon finding herself attracted to smarmy and suave hotelier Blake Cochran. Love conflicts with Summer's career and causes an avalanche of control issues in a dramatic high.

The more enjoyable fare turns out to be L
Judyw Winkleman
Dec 02, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nora-roberts
I have mostly read Fiction from Nora Roberts and was concerned these stories were listed as romance. Much to my surprise and delight, this was not what I would consider trashy romance, but more fiction with a great romance. They didn't really seem much different than most of her fiction work, and I loved them just as much.

I am a big fan of french cooking, and believe I also enjoyed the main characters being chefs. Nora delights me again and again. Never a bad story by this great author.
Allison Tannahill
one of her best that I've read. couldn't put it down
Feb 22, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
A light read. Both books are rather old so the people smoke indoors, take knives and oils on airplanes, professional persons have to use payphones but if you can see pass that you have a soft and sweet summer read.

Both books are rather predictable and I found book 2, Lessons learned, more so. The hero, an Italian chef, was the fantasy of a Mediterranean male with his romance and lively hands but still, a good read for a lazy afternoon when you dont want to use your brain.
ஐ Briansgirl (Book Sale Queen)ஐ
I gave Summer Desserts two chapters and I'm putting it down as I hate it. The two main characters are cold calculating people with no warmth to them whatsoever. After two chapters I could care less what happens to them so not going to waste my time finishing reading this.
Mom
Dec 29, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-during-2010
So good -- I reeally liked the characters and hated for it to end.
Peggy
Jan 23, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book contains two of Roberts' stories. Both center around chefs and romance and mystery that comes into their lives. The reading is light and fun and typical Roberts' entertainment.
Christine
Oct 15, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: all women who enjoy romance novels
Recommended to Christine by: no one
What can I say its a Nora Roberts book. I read this a couple years of ago. And I still remember loving it. (:
Pauline Jansen
Hmm.. Ik weet niet goed wat ik er van moet vinden. In eerste instantie had ik veel meer verwacht. Vooral meer diepte, die zat er helaas niet in. Beide verhalen lijken zoveel op elkaar dat je eigenlijk het gevoel hebt dat je 2x hetzelfde verhaal leest maar dat alleen de details iets aangepast zijn. De leidraad van het verhaal is in ieder geval precies hetzelfde. Daarom 2 sterren. Jammer.. Het is een prima boek als je vooral niet teveel diepte in een verhaal wilt hebben. Gewoon een easy to read bo ...more
Pupottina
Dec 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Ingrediente essenziale: l’amore, anche in cucina.

Nora Roberts riesce sempre ad intrattenere con stile e raffinatezza. Di questo libro, che intenerisce, fa sognare l’anima e il palato e riempie di gustosi sapori l’esistenza, cambierei soltanto il titolo, CUPCAKES A COLAZIONE, ritenendo più idoneo quello originale “Table for two”, ossia “Tavolo per due”. Infatti, sono due le storie racchiuse nel volume, edito da Harlequin Mondadori, e due sono i protagonisti legati all’universo, sempre più in voga
Sep 23, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Both books, written about food, the cooking and eating thereof, are delightful. Originally published separately in 1985 and 1986, they both demonstrate the finer points of Ms. Roberts writing style. There is little if no suspense but the emotions and issues the characters deal with are believable and provide the tension the reader has come to look for from Ms. Roberts. Also, I am coming to appreciate more and more the absence of the one-line paragraph that so many authors are succumbing to these ...more
Jul 10, 2007 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: someone looking for summer mind-candy -- but well-written candy
Shelves: fiction
What I learned from this book:

1) If you're a good writer, you can make even the worst cliches entertaining as hell. I can't stand trite romances, and yet Nora Roberts has me giggling and taking an extra half hour for lunch so I can finish my book.

2) Reprints of novels written in the mid-eighties are amusing if only for the reminder of the days when one could take one's set of prized knives on an airplane (our Hero is a chef), takes one's own olive oil and vinegar on an airplane (our Hero is a ve
Emmaa22
Apr 12, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
This is two books in one and I would have rated it higher if they hadnt been so very very alike. I enjoyed the writing and the characters and separately would probably have liked them more. I understand that the characters overlap, but to my mind putting the two together is a mistake, as the plots and characters are practically identical. This does tend to come with the genre to an extent, but it's far too obvious here.
V Easy reading though, light and steamy, finished both in 24 hours.
Evelyn
Sep 23, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, cute-romance
A famous dessert chef gets the contract to design a new menu for a hotel and falls for the CEO. In the second story, a straight-laced publicist learns about love from an Italian chef while on tour with his new book.

Paperback format only Reprint of two early romances: Summer Desserts and Lessons Learned. Light, easy-to-read romance. Recommended.
Sep 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I Love All of Nora Roberts Books. But This was great book. Loved the Characters and how different their lives was. But They Came to love one another.
Michelle Hanson
Apr 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I do enjoy reading Norma Roberts' books.
Janeka
Jun 02, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Summer Desserts: 2,5 stars
Lessons Learned: 3 stars
Julie
Jul 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reprint of two of Robert's mid-1980's novels. It is kinda fun to reread these for a light summer break. It is also interesting to compare this era to now, and see how her writing has matured, and to recall how much the world has changed in the past 20 years. No cell phones, chefs could carry on their knives and olive oil when flying, you could form mis-conceptions of people since you couldn't google them, and so on.
The two stories are linked by the long friendship of the heroine of the first and
Debbie
May 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Novel fro the Past

It was obvious this duo were older novels of Roberts' but they were still fun. I enjoy books dealing with chefs or cooking and these didn't disappoint in that respect. Typical of a Roberts' romance, you know early in the story who the couple will be.

These two novels,are tied together with some characters appearing in bit novels. I enjoyed that ....just a little real life thrown in.

In the female leads, you see growth and change as they accept the fact they are falling in love.
Faye
Read: June 2016

Table for Two is a two-in-one anthology of Nora Roberts’ Great Chefs duology. These are some of her earlier books. Book one; Summer Desserts was first published in 1985 and book two; Lessons Learned in 1986. Both stories are fairly dated by modern standards but still very enjoyable reads with a good plot and likeable main characters. It was pure escapism to pick up Table for Two and disappear for a few hours into 1980s America.

Rating: 4.5/5 stars
June Marino
Not the most interesting of Nora Roberts novels. I found the two stories to be very predictable. Summer Dessert's main character was Summer, a famous chef. She changed her job and worked for Blake the head of a famous hotel chain.
The second novel was about Julie, a publicist for a famous Chef, Carlo.
Happy endings for both stories.
Darlene Nichols
Apr 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nora Roberts always does a great job of drawing you into her characters and it is no different with these two books Summer Deserts and Lessons Learned.. Loved both of them and highly recommend for a good read.
Linda O'Brien
Sep 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was originally two novellas. These are two wonderful love stories that are not too mushy. Loved the characters. Didn't want the book to end.
Stasha
Dec 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Two quite enjoyable stories. I liked how Summer and Blake Cochran made an appearance towards the end of the second story.
Carolyn
I enjoyed Summer Desserts much more than Lessons Learned. I'd give Summer Desserts a 4 and Lessons Learned a 3.
Deb
May 14, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The two stories were a quick easy light read. But there was not anything I would consider as exciting.
Lex Tully
Nov 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Two sweet stories about lovers and food.
Patricia Solla
Feb 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: donated, books-i-own
Two full length stories about two chefs who are long time friends. They have different romance relationships. The first storyline concerns a woman who is a world rebound pastry chef being wooed by a man in charge of a large hotel chain to establish a restaurant in one of his hotels. Of course, a romance ensues with a few surprises thrown in. The other storyline involves a famous Italian chef and the publicist who is doing the book tour for the chef's nee cookbook. Our chef, he's portrayed as the ...more
Maura
  • The Official Nora Roberts Companion
  • Suite 606 (In Death, #27.5)
  • Beautiful Dreamer
  • The Mammoth Book of 20th Century Ghost Stories
  • Once Upon a Pillow
  • The Pirate (Ladies and Legends, #1)
  • Ladies Prefer Rogues
  • Heartbreakers: Treat Her Right\Mr. November
  • Men of the West: Harden / Evan / Donavan
More about Nora Roberts

Great Chefs (2 books)
  • Summer Desserts (Great Chefs, #1)
  • Lessons Learned (Great Chefs, #2)

Romance Deals

• Hidden Secrets
  • Breath of Malice
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Kian (Undercover Billionaire, #1)
  • Greensleeves
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Everything We Keep (Everything #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • From Thin Air (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Caroline (Lowcountry Romance #1)
  • All the Breaking Waves
    $4.99 $1.99
  • To Hope (The Broken Roads #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Bad (Bad Boy Royals #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Ruined (Bad Boy Royals #2)
  • The Finishing Touches
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Roses
    $11.99 $3.99
  • Accidentally in Love with...a God? (Accidentally Yours, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Splinter (Reliquary, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Claimed (Servants of Fate, #2)
  • Keeping You a Secret
  • The PMS Club
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gypsy (The Promised Land, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Bodyguard (Hollywood A-List, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Willow (The Promised Land #1)
  • Mosaic (Reliquary #3)
  • The Lullaby Sky
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Secretly Hers (Sterling Canyon, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tycoon Takedown (Lone Star Burn, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Come High Water (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Before I Knew (The Cabots, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Paradise of Glass (The Glassblower Trilogy #3)
  • Trusting You & Other Lies
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Once Haunted, Twice Shy (Peyton Clark, #2)
  • The Story of Beautiful Girl
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Lullaby Girl (Angie Pallorino, #2)
  • Say Goodbye for Now
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bridged (Callahan & McLane, #2)
  • Love Is
  • The Unimaginable
  • The Hating Game
    $11.24 $1.99
  • Unbeautifully (Undeniable, #2)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • His Darling Bride (Echoes of the Heart #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Augusta (The Promised Land, #5)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Twisted Truth (Rogue Justice #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Morning Glory (Drifters & Dreamers, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Worth the Wait (St. James, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Best Friend's Ex (Binghamton #2)
  • A Totally Awkward Love Story
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Charmingly Yours (Morning Glory, #1)
  • Sit! Stay! Speak!
  • In the Barren Ground
  • About the Night
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Violet's Wish (Oklahoma Land Rush, #2)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Exploited (Zero Day, #1)
  • About That Fling
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Promises to Keep (Love in Provence Book 2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Taken Home (Lone Star Burn, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hard to Handle (Caine Cousins, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Austen Escape
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Garnet (The Promised Land, #4)
  • The Strawberry Hearts Diner
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Truth Be Told (Rogue Justice #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Born of Shadows (The League, #4)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • From Wine to Water (Angels & Outlaws, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Worth the Risk (St. James #3)
  • The Dove
  • The Ladies' Room
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Too Hot to Handle (Romancing the Clarksons, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Accidentally Hers (Sterling Canyon, #1)
  • Kissing Max Holden
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Known (Bone Secrets, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Omega (Penton Legacy, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Taking Charge (Lone Star Burn, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Vanished (Callahan & McLane #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Lies We Tell (Quarry Road, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hidden (Bone Secrets, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seven Nights in a Rogue's Bed (Sons of Sin, #1)
  • The Ivy Tree
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Evening Star (The Drifters & Dreamers #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures of the First Daughter (Misadventures, #3)
  • Daisies in the Canyon
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Felicity (Ace Security, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Beautiful Brides (Graveyard Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barefoot in the Rain (Barefoot Bay, #2; Barefoot Bay Universe, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Only You (Sweet Torment, #2)
    $4.49 $0.99
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Alexis (Ace Security, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Unlucky in Love (Lucky, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Merciful Secret (Mercy Kilpatrick, #3)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Difference Between Us (Opposites Attract #2)
  • Bullets & Bonfires
  • White Lace and Promises
    $3.99 $0.99
  • To Commit (The Broken Roads #2)
  • The Yard Rose
  • Otherkin
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Driven by Fire (Fire, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taken, Not Spurred (Lone Star Burn, #1)
  • One Summer Day in Rome
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Sixth Grave on the Edge (Charley Davidson, #6)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Chasing Down a Dream: A Blessings Novel
  • The Pursuit of Love
    $11.99 $1.99
  • After the War Is Over: A Novel
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Kissing Mr. Right (Colorado Hearts #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Riding the Storm (ACRO, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • It Had to Be Him (It Had to Be #1)
  • The Love Goddess' Cooking School
    $10.99 $2.99
  • That Way Again
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Never Let Go (Haven, Montana #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Forever Surprised (Forever Bluegrass #6)
    $2.99 $1.49
“My greatest fear has always been to make a mistake.'
'Perhaps your greatest fear is your greatest mistake.”
3 likes
“I'm annoyed because he assumed I'd have dinner with him, then continued to assume I would even after I refused. It's a normal reaction.” 2 likes