Start by marking “Cupcakes a colazione” as Want to Read:
Cupcakes a colazione

Cupcakes a colazione

(Great Chefs #1 & 2)

Summer è una maga del dessert ed è appena stata ingaggiata dal proprietario di una catena di alberghi di lusso, Blake Cochran, per creare un menu prestigioso per il ristorante di Filadelfia. Carlo ha appena finito di dedicarsi al suo ultimo libro di ricette e sta per intraprendere un viaggio per pubblicizzarlo insieme all’agente Juliet Trent. Una vera sfida, per Summer e C ...more
ebook
Published November 16th 2013 by Harlequin Mondadori (first published 1986)

To ask other readers questions about Cupcakes a colazione, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cupcakes a colazione

Start your review of Cupcakes a colazione
Judyw
Dec 02, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nora-roberts
I have mostly read Fiction from Nora Roberts and was concerned these stories were listed as romance. Much to my surprise and delight, this was not what I would consider trashy romance, but more fiction with a great romance. They didn't really seem much different than most of her fiction work, and I loved them just as much.

I am a big fan of french cooking, and believe I also enjoyed the main characters being chefs. Nora delights me again and again. Never a bad story by this great author.
Cyrisse
Oct 17, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: romance readers
Recommended to Cyrisse by: n/a
Shelves: nora-roberts
Table For Two proves a delectable gormandizing experience with two light-hearted Harlequin romance from Nora Roberts topped with her vast knowledge of Italian and French haute cuisine as a garnish.

Summer Desserts, the first story is about the fiercely independent French chef Summer Lyndon finding herself attracted to smarmy and suave hotelier Blake Cochran. Love conflicts with Summer's career and causes an avalanche of control issues in a dramatic high.

The more enjoyable fare turns out to be L
Allison Church
Nov 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
one of her best that I've read. couldn't put it down
Feb 22, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
A light read. Both books are rather old so the people smoke indoors, take knives and oils on airplanes, professional persons have to use payphones but if you can see pass that you have a soft and sweet summer read.

Both books are rather predictable and I found book 2, Lessons learned, more so. The hero, an Italian chef, was the fantasy of a Mediterranean male with his romance and lively hands but still, a good read for a lazy afternoon when you don´t want to use your brain.
ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ
I gave Summer Desserts two chapters and I'm putting it down as I hate it. The two main characters are cold calculating people with no warmth to them whatsoever. After two chapters I could care less what happens to them so not going to waste my time finishing reading this.
Peggy
Jan 23, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book contains two of Roberts' stories. Both center around chefs and romance and mystery that comes into their lives. The reading is light and fun and typical Roberts' entertainment.
Sep 23, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Both books, written about food, the cooking and eating thereof, are delightful. Originally published separately in 1985 and 1986, they both demonstrate the finer points of Ms. Roberts writing style. There is little if no suspense but the emotions and issues the characters deal with are believable and provide the tension the reader has come to look for from Ms. Roberts. Also, I am coming to appreciate more and more the absence of the one-line paragraph that so many authors are succumbing to these ...more
Jul 10, 2007 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: someone looking for summer mind-candy -- but well-written candy
Shelves: fiction
What I learned from this book:

1) If you're a good writer, you can make even the worst cliches entertaining as hell. I can't stand trite romances, and yet Nora Roberts has me giggling and taking an extra half hour for lunch so I can finish my book.

2) Reprints of novels written in the mid-eighties are amusing if only for the reminder of the days when one could take one's set of prized knives on an airplane (our Hero is a chef), takes one's own olive oil and vinegar on an airplane (our Hero is a ve
Emmaa22
Apr 12, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
This is two books in one and I would have rated it higher if they hadn´t been so very very alike. I enjoyed the writing and the characters and separately would probably have liked them more. I understand that the characters overlap, but to my mind putting the two together is a mistake, as the plots and characters are practically identical. This does tend to come with the genre to an extent, but it's far too obvious here.
V Easy reading though, light and steamy, finished both in 24 hours.
Christine
Oct 15, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: all women who enjoy romance novels
Recommended to Christine by: no one
What can I say its a Nora Roberts book. I read this a couple years of ago. And I still remember loving it. (:
Sep 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I Love All of Nora Roberts Books. But This was great book. Loved the Characters and how different their lives was. But They Came to love one another.
Mom
Dec 29, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-during-2010
So good -- I reeally liked the characters and hated for it to end.
Janeka
Jun 02, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Summer Desserts: 2,5 stars
Lessons Learned: 3 stars
Miranda
Oh Nora Roberts, the master of romance. Whom has such a way, in which she turns words into something poetically beautiful. I honestly wanted to give a better rating, but I can’t say I was honestly one hundred percent enticed into this read. Maybe it’s because I don’t cook, or I’ve read to many romances lately and I’m boring myself. I do say it has an interesting take, chefs need a little romance too right ?? I may take up on learning how to cook after this , I feel I have learned so much about c ...more
Julie
Jul 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reprint of two of Robert's mid-1980's novels. It is kinda fun to reread these for a light summer break. It is also interesting to compare this era to now, and see how her writing has matured, and to recall how much the world has changed in the past 20 years. No cell phones, chefs could carry on their knives and olive oil when flying, you could form mis-conceptions of people since you couldn't google them, and so on.
The two stories are linked by the long friendship of the heroine of the first and
Debbie Lesley
May 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Novel fro the Past

It was obvious this duo were older novels of Roberts' but they were still fun. I enjoy books dealing with chefs or cooking and these didn't disappoint in that respect. Typical of a Roberts' romance, you know early in the story who the couple will be.

These two novels,are tied together with some characters appearing in bit novels. I enjoyed that ....just a little real life thrown in.

In the female leads, you see growth and change as they accept the fact they are falling in love.
Liz Culmone
I’m having trouble liking the main character Summer. Apparently extremely attractive but not interested in sex? Is she human? Also she is too into herself and believes she is ‘the best’? Dear Lord this is not a believable person. For heaven sake it’s dessert! AND she never eats it but she thinks she is the best? Not believable at all. I do not like her. Why are so many romance novels about sexual attraction without a beautiful story? Sorry this misses the mark in my opinion. I wish it didn’t as ...more
Faye
Read: June 2016

Table for Two is a two-in-one anthology of Nora Roberts’ Great Chefs duology. These are some of her earlier books. Book one; Summer Desserts was first published in 1985 and book two; Lessons Learned in 1986. Both stories are fairly dated by modern standards but still very enjoyable reads with a good plot and likeable main characters. It was pure escapism to pick up Table for Two and disappear for a few hours into 1980s America.

Rating: 4.5/5 stars
Komal Surati
To the book that just understands your current moods.

Love stories and romance novels always lighten my mood. Because, well they are better than the reality right? At least someone is getting their hopes fulfilled.

Two stories, combined in one. "summer desserts"
"lessons learned"

Two chefs and best friends, trying to find a way of romance in their lives with different people.

Do you wanna know how food resembles people?
Read this one for the same.
Deborah Letow
This is a two book series.
Summer Deserts-Summer Lyndon is the top pastry chef in the world. When Blake hires her to over sea the renovation in is hotel kitchen, she gets ore than she knew she wanted.

Lessons Learned-Carlo Franconi is one of the top chefs in Italy and author of many cookbooks. A ladies man who goes from women to women, he finds the love of his life in Publicist, Juliet Trent while on his book tour. Is he ready to settle down and can he convince Juliet he is.
June Marino
Not the most interesting of Nora Roberts novels. I found the two stories to be very predictable. Summer Dessert's main character was Summer, a famous chef. She changed her job and worked for Blake the head of a famous hotel chain.
The second novel was about Julie, a publicist for a famous Chef, Carlo.
Happy endings for both stories.
Darlene Nichols
Apr 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nora Roberts always does a great job of drawing you into her characters and it is no different with these two books Summer Deserts and Lessons Learned.. Loved both of them and highly recommend for a good read.
Tarma
Oct 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Midway between 3 and 4, upped to 4 because Nora Roberts. The food got me. Oh, yes. I started drooling over chocolate and cream creations in the first story and continued on through linguini in the second.
Kimberly Karalius
Jun 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I wasn’t a fan of the first story with Summer, but man did Carlo’s story just turn it around! He seemed like such a caricature of a best friend to Summer in the first story. I didn’t know how Roberts was going to make him into a swoony hero. But she did!
Betty Shedd
Easy, mindless quick ‘between books’ read.
Deb
May 14, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The two stories were a quick easy light read. But there was not anything I would consider as exciting.
A. Dewitt
My first Nora Roberts book and probably my first romance novel. Not bad. Not overly dramatic, not scandalous. Not super sexual, more romantic.
Stasha
Dec 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Two quite enjoyable stories. I liked how Summer and Blake Cochran made an appearance towards the end of the second story.
Lex Redding
Nov 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Two sweet stories about lovers and food.
Mallory
May 03, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed these books.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• The Book Stops Here (A Bibliophile Mystery, #8)
  • Wildflower Ranch (The Canyon #2.5)
  • Love Among Lavender (The Merriams, #2)
  • Concealed in Death (In Death, #38)
  • Sunrise on Half Moon Bay
  • Thankless in Death (In Death, #37)
  • Delusion in Death (In Death, #35)
  • Celebrity in Death (In Death, #34)
  • Snowfall in the City
  • Sisters by Choice (Blackberry Island, #4)
  • Blood Sins (Bishop/Special Crimes Unit, #11; Blood #2)
  • New York to Dallas (In Death, #33)
  • Obsession in Death (In Death, #40)
  • The Billionaire's Return (Dare Valley Meets Paris, #4)
  • The Wedding Series Boxed Set (Wedding, #1-3)
  • Remember When
  • Festive in Death (In Death, #39)
  • The Widow (Ireland Series, #1)
Nora Roberts is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of more than 200 novels, including Come Sundown, The Obsession, The Liar, and coming in December 2017, Year One -- the first book in The Chronicles of The One. She is also the author of the futuristic suspense In Death series written under the pen name J.D. Robb. There are more than 500 million copies of her books in print. ...more

Great Chefs (2 books)
  • Summer Desserts (Great Chefs, #1)
  • Lessons Learned (Great Chefs, #2)