Start by marking “Rusty Nailed (Cocktail, #2)” as Want to Read:
Rusty Nailed (Cocktail, #2)

Rusty Nailed (Cocktail #2)

3.97  ·  Rating Details ·  24,913 Ratings  ·  2,212 Reviews
In this sequel to Wallbanger, the second book in the Cocktail series, fan favorites Caroline and Simon negotiate the rollercoaster of their new relationship while house-sitting in San Francisco.

Published June 24th 2014 by Gallery Books

To ask other readers questions about Rusty Nailed, please sign up.

Megan There's a new book out... Last Call, Cocktail #4.5, a novella about these same characters, including Clive. Not his own book, but close enough for…moreThere's a new book out... Last Call, Cocktail #4.5, a novella about these same characters, including Clive. Not his own book, but close enough for me... I'm adding it to my "to read" list for sure. (less)
Tiko download ebook in pdf format and instal adobereader

Butterfly_Kisses
I just casually came onto Goodreads, you know, to check my books. Saw Wallbanger (Cocktail, #1)

and seriously did this:

description

My boyfriend heard me screaming, and came in all like...

description

And no, my boyfriend (sadly) is not Adam Levine.

Just kidding. Love you Hunny!
Christy
Jun 03, 2014 Christy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 Stars!!!

photo e921a6fb-4617-4192-b1eb-6aa3e60010a2_zpsf77b6ada.jpg

Alice Clayton is one of those authors that never fails to make me laugh and smile while reading one of her books. Rusty Nailed was no exception.

Simon and Caroline are together. Enjoying their separate but together lives as girlfriend and boyfriend.
I’m Simon’s girlfriend. He was once the Harem Master, and now I’m his girlfriend.

They have a great relationship. Things work between them. Caroline works hard for Jillian’s design firm and Simon is off photographing the world. Simon com
Aestas Book Blog
Dec 14, 2013 Aestas Book Blog marked it as to-read
Shelves: not-yet-released
OMFG!!! WALLBANGER HAS A SEQUEL!!!!!!!!

COVER REVEAL:

Playing house was never so much fun or so confusing. With her boss on her honeymoon, Caroline's working crazy long hours to keep the interior design company running, especially since she's also the lead designer for the renovation of a gorgeous old hot
Hanife
Nov 11, 2013 Hanife marked it as dnf
This is me before reading this;

Release date June 2014?!

This is the after;

DNF @ %39

Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
I loved it!!!This book was as amazing as the first one!It was funny and hot!!Caroline and Simon is one of my favorite couples!!In this book they are trying to find a balance in their relationship and this isn't easy!

This book begins with Caroline and Simmon trying to work things out in their relationship!They have their jobs (who spend a lot of time) and their friends.Their relationship has some ups and downs and they're trying to find a balance to their work scedules.From their friends,Benjamin
Mariana
Nov 27, 2013 Mariana marked it as to-read
OMG OMG OMG OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

And it's a SERIES???

description

My life is complete. I can die now

description

Well, not now, after I read those books!!!!

Alice, you are the fucking best!!!! Ever!!!

[~Ami~]♥Sexy Dexy♥
Nov 10, 2013 [~Ami~]♥Sexy Dexy♥ marked it as did-not-finish
Shelves: reviewed
DNF at 50%

photo 20140623_091522-kdcollage_zpsx0ztbdui.jpg

The sequel to Wallbanger. With Caroline and Simon busy with their own careers, how would the couple cope with their relationship?

Hmmm... maybe it was my mood, maybe it was my post-Javi state of mind or maybe it was just the storyline itself, but it did not work for me at all. I really struggled to keep my eyes open reading this and I couldnt spot any parts that was laugh-worthy.

But I think if there was a character that stood out, that would be Simon, he was such a sweet boyfriend. Als
Shannon The Show Stopper
Dec 31, 2013 Shannon The Show Stopper marked it as to-read
Shelves: own-a-list
It's New Year's Eve, I got lucky this morning and I just found out about this book!

photo OMG-Im-so-excited_zps11aba87d.gif
 photo shakeyourbootydance_zps57e6dd1e.gif
 photo 1236680259_burn_after_reading_zpsf93dc612.gif
 photo happydance_zps21bff3fa.gif
Anamarija
After amazing part 1, my reaction when I found out there's going to be ... A SEQUEL. OMG.
white collar dance.
This hype ...quickly turned out to be ... A SLEEPY BORED FACE.
sleepy face gif.
I was bored. The whole time.
First of, it took me...I don't know, a year to finish this. Em-ba-ra-ssing!
There is no need for sequel, if the sequel is going to be boring. LOL. I'm so smart.
bravo clap gif.
Shurrn
Sorry Folks...

Itty bitty mild spoilers:
Settling in. Not settling. Big difference.
I wish I had better news on this one. Alas, the follow-up to the amazing Wallbanger fell short for me...

This is probably my own fault:

When an author as talented as Alice Clayton publishes a book, I think I hold it to a higher standard than I would for a new author. Is it fair to hold authors to my own arbitrary expectations?

Probably not.

I finished this book several days ago and I've been hesitating on this rev
Catarina
3,5 “Clive Stole The Show” Stars!!

description

In this second installment we have the progress of Caroline and Simon’s (and Clive) relationship after their hilariously turbulent beginning.
The search for the big O was succeed and now they’re finally settled and happy.
But eventually their lives and work start to make a dent: Simon spends a lot of time away in work and that will ultimately leave a mark.
And when he decides it’s time to slow down and his work situation changes, will it make everything perfect
Polly
Jun 24, 2014 Polly rated it liked it
Another book 2 let down!

Caroline became a shrew and Simon grew a vagina.

My book slump continues

*****4.5 SIMON is PURRFECTION STARS*****
(BR with Mel and Sharon)

photo 4a31da682ff6a5ea3ff00f6fa290e4bf_zps6b3c386a.jpg

"Rusty Nailed" , is the continuation of Caroline and Simon's story.
The two have been a couple for about a year and are still going strong.
I have to say, I was a little worried before starting this book, because of some of the low ratings it received.
This one is definitely missing "the funny" factor that was in abundance in "Wallbanger", BUT, I really ended up liking this one a lot by the time I finished it.

Things for Caroline and
★★★
Some of the books in Alice Clayton's Cocktail series feature different couples and different storylines, but Rusty Nailed is a direct sequel to the first installment: Wallbanger and continues following lead characters Caroline and Simon. After the hilarity of Wallbanger, this sequel was fairly disappointing in comparison, but the newness of the characters' romance has passed and watching relationships progress can get a bit rocky at times. I love this series and had previously skipped over th
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
Now that Wallbanger(Simon) and Nightie Girl(Caroline) are a couple, we get a more insightful look at how they manage their relationship...and their friends.

I love Simon...he has everything going for him and more. He really is the best boyfriend ever especially for someone who hasn't had a serious relationship.

description
(Simon and the Apostles at their reunion!)

Caroline got put through the ringer! She took over the business for Jillian while she was on her very long honeymoon and was handling things well
AJ
Nov 11, 2013 AJ rated it really liked it
4.5 ‘Oh Simon, how I love you!’ stars

I am a mad fan of Alice Clayton. She manages to write the perfect blend of romance and comedy to give us sensational books as well as fabulous and loveable characters. Wallbanger is an all-time fave of mine and made me fall in instant love with Simon and Caroline, and while I was a little nervous about them getting another book when the last one finished so well, I’m happy to say that Alice didn’t go down the all-too-often used route of unnecessary angst or d
Jacqueline's Reads
4 More Simon and Caroline Stars.

I didn’t know Rusty Nailed continued Simon and Caroline’s story. I was actually in the mood for something light, funny and cute. I got that.

If you are a fan of Caroline and Simon, this one is for you

I was surprised that Rusty Nailed wasn’t the typical sequel book I usually read. You know when the Heroine and Hero get marry and have lots of babies. If anything the book is kind of realistic.

I really liked the beginning. It was cute. Caroline and Simon are together a
Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
May 28, 2014 Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen rated it really liked it
Shelves: blog-tour
Awesome to be back with "Wallbanger", "Nightie Girl", and Clive! The gangs all back with a light and fun read!

Continue with the relationship of our main characters - see what transpires during the first year as boyfriend/girlfriend!
Myrto
Dec 18, 2013 Myrto marked it as tbr-asap
There's a second book coming up?!?!?

Burcu Büyükyıldız
May 12, 2016 Burcu Büyükyıldız rated it it was amazing
Wallbanger 'ı epey özlemişim. :)
Kitabı okuyunca fark ettim. :P
İlk kitabı çok severek, çok gülerek, kısacası inanılmaz keyif alarak okumuştum. Özellikle Simon, bayıldığım bir karakterdi. Yazarın esprili dilini de ayrıca sevdiğimi söylemeliyim.
İlk kitap Duvarların Dili Olsa, Duvardelen Simon ve Pembe Gecelikli Kız Caroline'ın tatlı ve mutlu ilişkileriyle sonlanmıştı. :D Ancak devamında neler yaşadıklarını, ilişkilerindeki sorunları okuyoruz bu kitapta. Simon'ın yaralı tarafını daha detaylı okumak
Beverly
Gray Cats photo: Bailey Gray Cloud BAILORANGEBACKGROUND.jpg

I know writing Sequels are difficult and writing an Awesome sequel is frustrating. It can be done, but not always work.

I am a big "Wallbanger" Fan. OMG I laughed so much with that book. Simon and Caroline were the perfect couple. And Clive? That cat has his own fandom! LOL

SO, yes I was looking forward to read "Rusty Nailed". I wanted to Love and adore it. Unfortunately I just like it. I expected, let's just say, More. But the magic of Walbanger Book one wasn't there.

For me it was a surprise I d
MELISSA
Nov 11, 2013 MELISSA rated it really liked it
4.5 "I Just Need You" Stars!
(BR with Patty & Sharon)

photo ebc8c5c2-14b4-4780-82c3-412ae5b83365.jpg

photo c7ace7bf-ad05-4ae7-a1aa-9207cdea08dd.jpg

In book 2 Caroline aka Nightie Girl & Simon Parker aka Wallbanger have been in a relationship for about a year. They are still living in San Francisco, keep their separate apartments, but stay most nights together.

photo f7754f9c-f8a6-4479-bcbb-94341f27cc72.jpg

Simon is still travelling all over the world as a freelance photographer. Caroline starts to enjoy travelling some with him to all the exotic locations.

photo 1d7b9ecb-dc48-4c3b-b555-a26e90fc918c.jpg

Simon & Caroline are enjoying being a couple, and hanging out with
Alyssa
Nov 19, 2013 Alyssa marked it as to-read
UMMMM... HELLO!!!!!! IS THIS A SERIES?!?! IS THIS FOR REAL?!

Rusty Nailed (Cocktail #2)

Release Date: June 24, 2014

SYNOPSIS–

Playing house was never so much fun—or so confusing. With her boss on her honeymoon, Caroline’s working crazy long hours to keep the interior design company running—especially since sh
★MC's Corner★
Hell to the NO!
OMG!!!

description

I am not disappointed or something but I was waiting for something grander ending for Caroline & Simon’s story. I love how it ended, who doesn’t? So cute…
I want to see Simon 5+ years later or something with his family… you know what I mean. #SPOILER

*MC’s Corner*
Note: Spoilers.
• I think it was more than a year since I read Wallbanger; I kinda missed Simon Wallbanger and Caroline. These two are so adorable; it’s like watching my favorite sitcom. It was so refreshing after reading book
Lindsay
Mar 13, 2017 Lindsay rated it really liked it
Caroline and her Wallbanger, Simon have settled into a great relationship. His work keeps him away often enough for Caroline to have her own space and to devote time to her increasingly demanding career.

But things change. After a trip back to his hometown Simon starts to cancel his trips away at the same time as Caroline's career moves into high gear. And their living situation is changing and a pair of their friends who coupled up in the first book run into relationship problems. All of this ha
Iliada
Maybe more like 2.5 stars.

I seriously loved Wallbanger and I was looking forward to Rusty Nailed but, my God, this book bored me to tears. I'm not in the mood for a long review so I'll keep it short.

To me, even worse than the fact that this book was so boring is that I can see no actual reason this was ever written. Wallbanger was perfect and complete. No need for a sequel. TBH, I rarely like sequels as much as the original, but this one was worse than usual. Rusty Nailed was more about Caroline
Robyn
Mar 06, 2017 Robyn rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017
This one was still funny (and thankfully didn't ruin the characters or my enjoyment of the first), but this was one of those romance novels where you just want to shake the characters and yell at them to TALK TO EACH OTHER! But, um, yeah, I still thought it was quite fun!
Silvana
Dec 15, 2013 Silvana rated it liked it
3.5 fun filled Stars!
description

'Wallbanger' will be always one of my favorite books and one which I would recommend over and over again. In it, I fell in love with Caroline, Simon and Clive, this remains very true after I read 'Rusty Nailed'. Sadly I can't say I loved the sequel as much as I loved 'Wallbanger'. I was very happy with the way things ended with Caroline and Simon in book 1, I didn't feel a second book is necessary and unfortunately this did not change after finishing Rusty Nailed.

This is a g
Brenna
May 09, 2014 Brenna rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, series
3.5 stars. Can't decide whether to round up or down with this one though...

I'll keep this short. I liked this one, but didn't love it. Simon was perfection and I even liked Caroline more here than in Wallbanger, which I seem to be in the minority about with this one (I was glad she wasn't going on and on about her "O" anymore...).

I was really happy to see that there wasn't a bunch of over the top drama that was drawn out like in many sequels *cough* Twisted *cough* but that also made this book
Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳
⭐⭐ 2.5 stars ⭐⭐

I don't even know what was this book really about.
I was glad to have a little more of Simon and Caroline but this story just dragged ass!
And to pay 7.80 € for it?
Disappointment of epic proportion!
The real hero of this book was the cat!
is kissing cheating? 6 82 Jan 16, 2017 06:37AM
unanswered questions? 5 153 Jul 31, 2014 04:24PM
Fifty Shades Supp...: JUNE 2014 BOTM ~ Rusty Nailed by Alice Clayton 23 109 Jun 30, 2014 08:21AM
  • Tamed (Tangled, #3)
  • Passion & Ponies (Chocoholics, #2)
  • Last Light (Night Owl, #2)
  • Confessions of an Alli Cat (The Cougar Chronicles, #1)
  • Boycotts & Barflies
  • Dirty Rowdy Thing (Wild Seasons, #2)
  • Mended (Connections, #3)
  • Untitled (The Dark Duet Spinoff)
  • Awaken (Spiral of Bliss, #3)
  • Waking Up in Vegas
  • Winning Appeal (Lawyers in Love, #4)
  • Rare and Precious Things (The Blackstone Affair, #4)
  • Before Jamaica Lane (On Dublin Street, #3)
  • Love Unguarded (Love, #3)
  • Bastian's Storm (Surviving Raine, #2)
ALICE CLAYTON worked in the cosmetics industry for over a decade before picking up a pen (read laptop).

She enjoys gardening but not weeding, baking but not cleaning up, and finally convinced her long-time boyfriend to marry her.

Now, about that Bernese Mountain dog.
More about Alice Clayton...

Cocktail (4 books)
  • Wallbanger (Cocktail, #1)
  • Screwdrivered (Cocktail, #3)
  • Mai Tai'd Up (Cocktail, #4)

“Fucking gorgeous man. And the best part? The way he looked at me. Like I was the prettiest girl in the room.
“Hey, baby.”
The man was a poet.
“Hey.”
I was too.”
25 likes
“Dirty talk is an art. Do it too often, it becomes routine. Never do it, and you’re missing something. Simon did it just right. He was like a perfect bowl of smutty porridge: just right.” 24 likes