Start by marking “Rusty Nailed (Cocktail, #2)” as Want to Read:
Rusty Nailed (Cocktail, #2)

Rusty Nailed (Cocktail #2)

3.98 of 5 stars 3.98  ·  rating details  ·  18,670 ratings  ·  1,821 reviews
In this sequel to Wallbanger, the second book in the Cocktail series, fan favorites Caroline and Simon negotiate the rollercoaster of their new relationship while house-sitting in San Francisco.

Published June 24th 2014 by Gallery Books (first published June 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Rusty Nailed, please sign up.

Megan There's a new book out... Last Call, Cocktail #4.5, a novella about these same characters, including Clive. Not his own book, but close enough for…moreThere's a new book out... Last Call, Cocktail #4.5, a novella about these same characters, including Clive. Not his own book, but close enough for me... I'm adding it to my "to read" list for sure. (less)
Tiko download ebook in pdf format and instal adobereader
Captivated by You by Sylvia DayBeautiful Oblivion by Jamie McGuireThe King by J.R. WardCity of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra ClareRush Too Far by Abbi Glines
Most anticipated books of 2014
16th out of 2,223 books — 9,979 voters
Ugly Love by Colleen HooverInevitable Detour by S.R. GreyBeautiful Oblivion by Jamie McGuireLead by Kylie ScottRival by Penelope Douglas
2014 Romantic Releases (June-September))
6th out of 566 books — 2,358 voters

More lists with this book...

Butterfly_Kisses
I just casually came onto Goodreads, you know, to check my books. Saw Wallbanger (Cocktail, #1)

and seriously did this:

description

My boyfriend heard me screaming, and came in all like...

description

And no, my boyfriend (sadly) is not Adam Levine.

Just kidding. Love you Hunny!
Aestas Book Blog
Dec 26, 2013 Aestas Book Blog marked it as to-read
Shelves: not-yet-released
OMFG!!! WALLBANGER HAS A SEQUEL!!!!!!!!

COVER REVEAL:

Playing house was never so much fun or so confusing. With her boss on her honeymoon, Caroline's working crazy long hours to keep the interior design company running, especially since she's also the lead designer for the renovation of a gorgeous old hot
Christy
4 Stars!!!

photo e921a6fb-4617-4192-b1eb-6aa3e60010a2_zpsf77b6ada.jpg

Alice Clayton is one of those authors that never fails to make me laugh and smile while reading one of her books. Rusty Nailed was no exception.

Simon and Caroline are together. Enjoying their separate but together lives as girlfriend and boyfriend.
I’m Simon’s girlfriend. He was once the Harem Master, and now I’m his girlfriend.

They have a great relationship. Things work between them. Caroline works hard for Jillian’s design firm and Simon is off photographing the world. Simon com
Lady Vigilante (Feifei)
3.5 stars!!

description

Hot and humorous, Rusty Nailed is an enjoyable sequel that had me laughing out loud several times. However, this was also an exhausting read – IMO, there was too much drama and the story seemed to focus more on the side characters than on Simon and Caroline. Long story short, I liked this book but didn’t love it.

description

Simon and Caroline are blissfully happy together. With Caroline working at a design firm and Simon traveling around the world taking photographs, their relationship is outward
Hanife
Oct 16, 2014 Hanife marked it as dnf
This is me before reading this;

Release date June 2014?!

This is the after;

DNF @ %39

Pavlina loves Dex ❤❤
I loved it!!!This book was as amazing as the first one!It was funny and hot!!Caroline and Simon is one of my favorite couples!!In this book they are trying to find a balance in their relationship and this isn't easy!

This book begins with Caroline and Simmon trying to work things out in their relationship!They have their jobs (who spend a lot of time) and their friends.Their relationship has some ups and downs and they're trying to find a balance to their work scedules.From their friends,Benjamin
Mariana
Nov 27, 2013 Mariana marked it as to-read
OMG OMG OMG OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

And it's a SERIES???

description

My life is complete. I can die now

description

Well, not now, after I read those books!!!!

Alice, you are the fucking best!!!! Ever!!!

Shannon The Show Stopper
Dec 31, 2013 Shannon The Show Stopper marked it as to-read
Shelves: own-a-list
It's New Year's Eve, I got lucky this morning and I just found out about this book!

photo OMG-Im-so-excited_zps11aba87d.gif
Jun 24, 2014 [~Ami~]♥Sexy Dexy♥ marked it as did-not-finish
Shelves: reviewed
DNF at 50%

photo 20140623_091522-kdcollage_zpsx0ztbdui.jpg

The sequel to Wallbanger. With Caroline and Simon busy with their own careers, how would the couple cope with their relationship?

Hmmm... maybe it was my mood, maybe it was my post-Javi state of mind or maybe it was just the storyline itself, but it did not work for me at all. I really struggled to keep my eyes open reading this and I couldnt spot any parts that was laugh-worthy.

But I think if there was a character that stood out, that would be Simon, he was such a sweet boyfriend. Als
Shurrn
Sorry Folks...

Itty bitty mild spoilers:
Settling in. Not settling. Big difference.
I wish I had better news on this one. Alas, the follow-up to the amazing Wallbanger fell short for me...

This is probably my own fault:

When an author as talented as Alice Clayton publishes a book, I think I hold it to a higher standard than I would for a new author. Is it fair to hold authors to my own arbitrary expectations?

Probably not.

I finished this book several days ago and I've been hesitating on this rev
Anamarija
Jun 28, 2014 Anamarija is currently reading it
Thank god for Internet!It's the first time I'm ON time for news about something I love (tv, book, movie...)
I got recommendations to read Wallbanger and I was like...
baby reading. Ok.
Mmmm...I like what I see.
new girl nick.
Then, the usual, GOTTA know more, was that it? It's over?
puppy in a cup.
jim carey typing.
Typing, typing, google, forum, facebook, twitter, youtube...
cat omg.
And then...I found on twitter....
two and a half men.
OMG!There's going to be ... A SEQUEL.
white collar dance.

Catarina
3,5 “Clive Stole The Show” Stars!!

description

In this second installment we have the progress of Caroline and Simon’s (and Clive) relationship after their hilariously turbulent beginning.
The search for the big O was succeed and now they’re finally settled and happy.
But eventually their lives and work start to make a dent: Simon spends a lot of time away in work and that will ultimately leave a mark.
And when he decides it’s time to slow down and his work situation changes, will it make everything perfect
Polly
Another book 2 let down!

Caroline became a shrew and Simon grew a vagina.

My book slump continues

Sharon ✽ is an emotional book junkie ✽
Now that Wallbanger(Simon) and Nightie Girl(Caroline) are a couple, we get a more insightful look at how they manage their relationship...and their friends.

I love Simon...he has everything going for him and more. He really is the best boyfriend ever especially for someone who hasn't had a serious relationship.

description
(Simon and the Apostles at their reunion!)

Caroline got put through the ringer! She took over the business for Jillian while she was on her very long honeymoon and was handling things well
AJ
4.5 ‘Oh Simon, how I love you!’ stars

I am a mad fan of Alice Clayton. She manages to write the perfect blend of romance and comedy to give us sensational books as well as fabulous and loveable characters. Wallbanger is an all-time fave of mine and made me fall in instant love with Simon and Caroline, and while I was a little nervous about them getting another book when the last one finished so well, I’m happy to say that Alice didn’t go down the all-too-often used route of unnecessary angst or d
Patty ❤️❤️ Belongs To ❤️Kellan❤️Jesse❤️Lautner❤️Miller❤️Garrett❤️Malcolm and Archer❤️❤️
*****4.5 SIMON is PURRFECTION STARS*****
(BR with Mel and Sharon)

photo 4a31da682ff6a5ea3ff00f6fa290e4bf_zps6b3c386a.jpg

"Rusty Nailed" , is the continuation of Caroline and Simon's story.
The two have been a couple for about a year and are still going strong.
I have to say, I was a little worried before starting this book, because of some of the low ratings it received.
This one is definitely missing "the funny" factor that was in abundance in "Wallbanger", BUT, I really ended up liking this one a lot by the time I finished it.

Things for Caroline and
Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
Awesome to be back with "Wallbanger", "Nightie Girl", and Clive! The gangs all back with a light and fun read!

Continue with the relationship of our main characters - see what transpires during the first year as boyfriend/girlfriend!
Jacqueline's Reads
4 More Simon and Caroline Stars.

I didn’t know Rusty Nailed continued Simon and Caroline’s story. I was actually in the mood for something light, funny and cute. I got that.

If you are a fan of Caroline and Simon, this one is for you

I was surprised that Rusty Nailed wasn’t the typical sequel book I usually read. You know when the Heroine and Hero get marry and have lots of babies. If anything the book is kind of realistic.

I really liked the beginning. It was cute. Caroline and Simon are together a
Myrto
Dec 18, 2013 Myrto marked it as tbr-asap
There's a second book coming up?!?!?

Beverly
Gray Cats photo: Bailey Gray Cloud BAILORANGEBACKGROUND.jpg

I know writing Sequels are difficult and writing an Awesome sequel is frustrating. It can be done, but not always work.

I am a big "Wallbanger" Fan. OMG I laughed so much with that book. Simon and Caroline were the perfect couple. And Clive? That cat has his own fandom! LOL

SO, yes I was looking forward to read "Rusty Nailed". I wanted to Love and adore it. Unfortunately I just like it. I expected, let's just say, More. But the magic of Walbanger Book one wasn't there.

For me it was a surprise I d
Alyssa
Mar 09, 2015 Alyssa marked it as to-read
UMMMM... HELLO!!!!!! IS THIS A SERIES?!?! IS THIS FOR REAL?!

Rusty Nailed (Cocktail #2)

Release Date: June 24, 2014

SYNOPSIS–

Playing house was never so much fun—or so confusing. With her boss on her honeymoon, Caroline’s working crazy long hours to keep the interior design company running—especially since sh
MELISSA
4.5 "I Just Need You" Stars!
(BR with Patty & Sharon)

photo ebc8c5c2-14b4-4780-82c3-412ae5b83365.jpg

photo c7ace7bf-ad05-4ae7-a1aa-9207cdea08dd.jpg

In book 2 Caroline aka Nightie Girl & Simon Parker aka Wallbanger have been in a relationship for about a year. They are still living in San Francisco, keep their separate apartments, but stay most nights together.

photo f7754f9c-f8a6-4479-bcbb-94341f27cc72.jpg

Simon is still travelling all over the world as a freelance photographer. Caroline starts to enjoy travelling some with him to all the exotic locations.

photo 1d7b9ecb-dc48-4c3b-b555-a26e90fc918c.jpg

Simon & Caroline are enjoying being a couple, and hanging out with
★MC's Corner★
Hell to the NO!
OMG!!!

description

I am not disappointed or something but I was waiting for something grander ending for Caroline & Simon’s story. I love how it ended, who doesn’t? So cute…
I want to see Simon 5+ years later or something with his family… you know what I mean. #SPOILER

*MC’s Corner*
Note: Spoilers.
• I think it was more than a year since I read Wallbanger; I kinda missed Simon Wallbanger and Caroline. These two are so adorable; it’s like watching my favorite sitcom. It was so refreshing after reading book
Silvana -SLiTsRead
3.5 fun filled Stars!
description

'Wallbanger' will be always one of my favorite books and one which I would recommend over and over again. In it, I fell in love with Caroline, Simon and Clive, this remains very true after I read 'Rusty Nailed'. Sadly I can't say I loved the sequel as much as I loved 'Wallbanger'. I was very happy with the way things ended with Caroline and Simon in book 1, I didn't feel a second book is necessary and unfortunately this did not change after finishing Rusty Nailed.

This is a g
Iliada
Maybe more like 2.5 stars.

I seriously loved Wallbanger and I was looking forward to Rusty Nailed but, my God, this book bored me to tears. I'm not in the mood for a long review so I'll keep it short.

To me, even worse than the fact that this book was so boring is that I can see no actual reason this was ever written. Wallbanger was perfect and complete. No need for a sequel. TBH, I rarely like sequels as much as the original, but this one was worse than usual. Rusty Nailed was more about Caroline
Nawal
This series just got better! I read the first book a while back but never got round to reading the sequel (even though it’s been in my possession since like forever). I’m glad I finally gave it a try. The journey of Simon and Caroline continues, a relationship that has been anything but conventional. And that worked for them. But what happens when it does start becoming conventional? As much as they are in love, every relationship has its problems. And soon it becomes a matter of communication, ...more
Brenna
3.5 stars. Can't decide whether to round up or down with this one though...

I'll keep this short. I liked this one, but didn't love it. Simon was perfection and I even liked Caroline more here than in Wallbanger, which I seem to be in the minority about with this one (I was glad she wasn't going on and on about her "O" anymore...).

I was really happy to see that there wasn't a bunch of over the top drama that was drawn out like in many sequels *cough* Twisted *cough* but that also made this book
Kelly (and the Book Boar)
Nov 25, 2014 Kelly (and the Book Boar) marked it as to-read
Shelves: next-ish
$2.00 TODAY 11/25/14

Have yourself a naughty little Thanksgiving weekend ; )

Commercial Photography
Nathi *Shut it and let me read*
I really liked this book, if it was any other characters and author I would give it a 5 stars rating but even though I LOVE those two characters I was just expecting something more out of this book...

Still it was a fantastic read! Funny as always, I just loveeeeee the use of her CAT as a character here! It's just the best cat as a character EVER!

It simply lacked something that I cannot quite put my finger on it that made me give it 4 star instead of 5....

Anyway I just can't wait for her next boo
Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳

I don't even know what was this book really about.
I was glad to have a little more of Simon and Caroline but this story just dragged ass!
And to pay 7.80 for it?
Disappointment of epic proportion!
The real hero of this book was the cat!
is kissing cheating? 2 50 May 21, 2015 05:53AM
unanswered questions? 5 149 Jul 31, 2014 04:24PM
Fifty Shades Supp...: JUNE 2014 BOTM ~ Rusty Nailed by Alice Clayton 23 109 Jun 30, 2014 08:21AM
  • Tied (Tangled, #4)
  • Neanderthal Marries Human (Knitting in the City, #1.5)
  • Frenched (Frenched, #1)
  • Love and Lists (Chocoholics, #1)
  • Legally Wed (Lawyers in Love, #3.5)
  • Dirty Rowdy Thing (Wild Seasons, #2)
  • The Game Plan (Neighbor from Hell, #5)
  • Sugar Rush (Friend-Zoned, #3)
  • Last Light (Night Owl, #2)
  • Echoes of Scotland Street (On Dublin Street, #5)
  • Bastian's Storm (Surviving Raine, #2)
  • Mr. Beautiful (Up in the Air, #4)
ALICE CLAYTON worked in the cosmetics industry for over a decade before picking up a pen (read laptop).

She enjoys gardening but not weeding, baking but not cleaning up, and finally convinced her long-time boyfriend to marry her.

Now, about that Bernese Mountain dog.
More about Alice Clayton...

Cocktail (4 books)
  • Wallbanger (Cocktail, #1)
  • Screwdrivered (Cocktail, #3)
  • Mai Tai'd Up (Cocktail, #4)
Wallbanger (Cocktail, #1) The Unidentified Redhead (Redhead, #1) The Redhead Revealed (Redhead, #2) Screwdrivered (Cocktail, #3) The Redhead Plays Her Hand (Redhead, #3)

“Fucking gorgeous man. And the best part? The way he looked at me. Like I was the prettiest girl in the room.
“Hey, baby.”
The man was a poet.
“Hey.”
I was too.”
21 likes
“Dirty talk is an art. Do it too often, it becomes routine. Never do it, and you’re missing something. Simon did it just right. He was like a perfect bowl of smutty porridge: just right.” 21 likes