Start by marking “Sons of Anarchy, Volume 1” as Want to Read:
Sons of Anarchy, Volume 1

Sons of Anarchy, Volume 1 (Sons of Anarchy #1)

3.96  ·  Rating Details  ·  189 Ratings  ·  27 Reviews
The first collection of the hit Sons of Anarchy comics based on the FX televisions series.
Gun-smuggling outlaw bikers with complex pasts and gripping personalities. If you love guys with guns like we do, this is that genre at its most elevated. The BOOM! Studios' comic book ties into the FX crime drama about the Charming, CA Sons Of Anarchy motorcycle club.
Written by no
Published September 23rd 2014 by BOOM! Studios (first published September 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Sons of Anarchy, Volume 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sons of Anarchy, Volume 1

Sarah Churchill
The artwork fits SOA perfectly, and the characters look and act like they do in the show, which is really important for me with these kind of spinoffs.

This features a whole new story that runs alongside Season 5 somewhere, but with connections and back-stories to key characters. Can't say much else without spoiling SOA, but fans of the show should love reading this extra 'episode'. I need more SAMCRO.
Charlie
Jul 31, 2015 Charlie rated it really liked it
This was awesome, just like watching an apoisode of the show. I love Tiggs so much, his story just breaks my heart.
sixthreezy
Feb 12, 2015 sixthreezy rated it really liked it
Shelves: binge
Pretty awesome. The art style fits SOA perfectly. Golden wrote a good story, though mostly based on happenings in the fifth season. This provides a little back story with Tig, his daughter, and the favor he owed another Son. Considering Tig is my favorite character, I really enjoyed this book that focuses on his character.
Fredrik Strömberg
OK, so I have mixed feelings about this trade paperback. On the one hand, it's a professionally told action drama, which was hard to put down once I had started to read. And it's well drawn in the contemporary, rather realistic, mainstream American style, with gorgeous colouring.

On the other hand, I have little or no interest in stories featuring very, very macho men trying to kill each other. Yes, there's a tough older female thrown in to contrast with all the men, and another woman who actuall
Nicole
Nov 04, 2014 Nicole rated it it was ok
2 stars just for the Gemma eye roll panel.
Lesedelfin
Apr 02, 2015 Lesedelfin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Maddsurgeon
Dec 28, 2014 Maddsurgeon rated it liked it
Shelves: comic-book
The writing in this is solid. The plot takes place concurrently with season 5 of the tv show, and manages to tell a complete story without moving the main plot of the show. It gives some good background to the characters and gives a glimpse into what things were like before the show.

Not crazy about the art. The characters are all recognizable, which is good, but never does it really hit the emotional stakes in their facial expressions. Once or twice it has some good cinematic moments, but to ca
Eva
Jan 03, 2016 Eva rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015, owned-comics
It would be a 3.5 if only I didn't love Sons of anarchy so much!!
As already mentioned.. I love the TV show. It's my favorite of all times and I wish one day to meet Sutter just to tell him "thank you". Him and all the actors have done a wonderful job in making us viewers love them and cry with them and suffer with them. The show has made me laugh, scream in anger and cry a lot and when I heard about the graphic novel I had to get it. I was missing all the guys sooo much and Charming town that I
David
Dec 29, 2015 David rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
This comic covers the timeline of Season 5 from Sons of Anarchy and shows Tig dealing with the emotional pain over the death of his daughter. Okay, maybe 5% emotional pain and 95% thuggery involving a lot of fighting, shooting, and killing of people who had it coming. So like the essence of the SOA show. In graphic novel format.
Colona Public Library
If you are going through Sons of Anarchy withdrawal, this will help. The plot was a typical SOA episode, with Tig being the main character in this volume. The graphics were good. There was plenty of violence, just like the television show. Looking forward to volume 2.

You can currently check this out at the Colona Public Library, along with other Graphic Novels.
Nela
Dec 27, 2015 Nela rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing graphic novel for any fan of the series. Sadly very short, but the dynamic story made up for it. I do deffinitely recommend this to any Sons of Anarchy fan, or people who want to catch a glimpse of what the show has to offer.
Brit
Jan 16, 2015 Brit rated it it was amazing
Exselllent exactly like the show and love how Tig centered it is and the flashes to Kozik so good. Really recommmend for anny fan of the show, but you have to have watched up to and through season 5 to get what going on in the story.
Joshua
Feb 03, 2015 Joshua rated it it was amazing
It was just like a 6 episode arc from the show & I loved it! Great artwork & quality thick cut paper used to make the book. I'm looking forward to the second one if they make it.
Arantxa Palacios
Asdfghjklñ.

Estoy súper feliz de haber encontrado las novelas gráficas de una serie que se está convirtiendo rápidamente en una de mis favoritas. :'D
Alyssa
Jan 16, 2015 Alyssa rated it it was amazing
Another great adaption from the show! Was nice to dip into the world again. Plus had some really neat artwork.
Dana *
Nov 30, 2015 Dana * rated it really liked it
nice alternate timeline. Will definitely keep following , makes me want to watch the show all over again.
Ashley
Aug 02, 2015 Ashley rated it liked it
I didn't like the art at first but it grew on me. Good coloring, and it read like an SOA episode.
Nicola Scully
Jun 17, 2015 Nicola Scully rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own
Sons of Anarchy is my life <3 this was amazing, really great illustrations!
Tasha Hart
Feb 18, 2014 Tasha Hart rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favories
Great to see a graphic comic and story plot tied to the tv series.
Audrey
Aug 17, 2014 Audrey rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun to read a tie-in...can't wait to read rest in series!
Gwen Moore
Mar 18, 2015 Gwen Moore rated it it was amazing
Great read if your a fan of the show.
Amanda Naegellen
Dec 06, 2015 Amanda Naegellen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Super !
Vicki Barnes
Jan 22, 2014 Vicki Barnes rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome, that is all :) Tig has to be my fave.
G-E
Dec 13, 2014 G-E rated it really liked it
Le récit est bien rythmé et les scènes d’action s’enchaînent à merveille. Bien qu’on se disperse un peu au début avec cette abondance de noms, on plonge très rapidement dans l’histoire digne d’un scénario de film.
arjuna
Oct 01, 2013 arjuna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oh, come on... you know I'm gonna be over the moon about this, however it plays out. Season 5 Sons - angsty Tig, and the invocation of his friendship with Kozik... hell yes. More, more, more please! Can't wait to see where this is going.
Lucas Sciancalepore
Interesante. Me gusta dónde se ubica el tema, quizás puedan ampliar la oscuridad de ese personaje, para igualarlo a esta temporada. Es imposible leer a Jax o a cualquiera de los personajes y escuchar sus voces.
Funny
Nov 26, 2015 Funny rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
As a huge fan of the Shakespeare inspired show I was excited to read the comics. I was not disappointed. I highly recommend this first volume to anyone who is a fan of SOA!
Valentyna Fita
Valentyna Fita rated it really liked it
Feb 05, 2016
Sam
Sam rated it liked it
Feb 05, 2016
Ali Ables
Ali Ables marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2016
  • Doctor Who Series 3 Volume 2: The Eye of Ashaya (Doctor Who III)
  • Polarity
  • Moon Knight #1 (Moon Knight 2014, #1)
  • Lady Mechanika #0 (The Demon of Satan's Alley)
  • The Fart Party, Vol. 2
  • Parasyte, Volume 5
  • American Vampire, Vol. 6
  • The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium: The Graphic Novels, #1.2)
  • The Strain Volume 1
  • Nailbiter, Vol. 2: Bloody Hands
  • The Ripple Effect (Doctor Who 50th Anniversary E-Shorts, #7)
  • Six-Gun Gorilla
  • Injustice: Gods Among Us #25
  • Orphan Black #2
  • The Woods #1
  • Desde mi muro
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Apart (of me), Part 1 (Season 9, #8)
  • Project Superpowers
Christopher Golden is the award-winning, bestselling author of such novels as The Myth Hunters, Wildwood Road, The Boys Are Back in Town, The Ferryman, Strangewood, Of Saints and Shadows, and (with Tim Lebbon) Mind the Gap. Golden co-wrote the lavishly illustrated novel Baltimore, or, The Steadfast Tin Soldier and the Vampire with Mike Mignola, which they are currently scripting as a feature film ...more
More about Christopher Golden...

Sons of Anarchy (1 - 10 of 25 books)
  • Sons of Anarchy #2 (of 6)
  • Sons of Anarchy #3 (of 6)
  • Sons of Anarchy #4 (of 6)
  • Sons of Anarchy #5 (of 6)
  • Sons of Anarchy #6 (of 6)
  • Sons of Anarchy #7