Start by marking “The Practice of Natural Movement: Reclaim Power, Health, and Freedom” as Want to Read:
The Practice of Natural Movement: Reclaim Power, Health, and Freedom

The Practice of Natural Movement: Reclaim Power, Health, and Freedom

Erwan Le Corre, creator of the world-renowned fitness system MovNat, is on a mission to reintroduce natural movement to our modern lives with the most ancient movement skill set: walking, running, balancing, jumping, crawling, climbing, swimming, lifting, carrying, throwing, catching, and self-defense.

Try to imagine an out-of-shape tiger stepping on an exercise machine to
Published August 25th 2015 by Victory Belt Publishing (first published September 9th 2014)

Start your review of The Practice of Natural Movement: Reclaim Power, Health, and Freedom
KDV
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: nonfiction
Very thorough!! I got lots of ideas for strength building/improved mobility but, more importantly, lots of ideas for varying ways to sit/lay in front of my woodstove this winter while still helping stretch and restore my body. Yay! This book is long as hell and you will want to revisit it, so borrow it from the library first and then buy it for reference if you like it.
Nathan
Jun 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
This is a powerful textbook that is full of a wide array of functional movements and practical recommendations. I appreciate the detail the author provides for each movement, with a plethora of images to show proper technique. He also structured the book in a way so that it progresses from fundamental movements to increased complexity. I will be utilizing this as a reference in the future as I structure my own movement practices.
Mark
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is one of the best books I’ve read on any subject, and by far the best book I’ve read related in any way to fitness. The information inside has the power to not only help you transform your body, but to elevate your life.
Martina
Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was ok
Meh! I wish the author presented more science and less dogma. If I'm told do do things a certain way, I'd like to know why--not just take it on blind faith. Although the premise of the book makes a lot of sense, Le Corre turns his wonderful initial concept into pure drudgery and tedium. Somewhere along the way, the joy got lost. ...more
Tom Hood
May 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: self-improvement
So let me start this off with I've been following MovNat and Erwan Le Corre for over a decade and have attended multiple certifications. So my expectations for this book where fairly high because Erwan has been talking about releasing a book like this for sometime. However when I started reading this surprisingly hefty book I realized that this wasn't really written for me. It is really written for a complete novice to Natural Movement, not someone who has been practicing for 10ish years. I say ...more
Jim
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the most pleasant books to hold. The paper texture and the weight were ideal. Visually very impressive from the font and color choices to the photographs which give you enough detail to perform the movements.
The manifesto was impressive well written and edited. The exercises logically laid out and presented. By following the exercises you will be able to strengthen your body and make it more functional and overcoming your current weaknesses. In my case they are plenty. This is in part to
Colin
May 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Great argument for calisthenics consisting of most common forms of movement (running, jumping, hanging, lifting, squatting). Could have been much shorter, and would have loved if there had been full workout routines instead of just listing each type of exercise.
Emily VA
Read bits here and there, but didn’t get sucked in enough to finish it before I needed to return it.

Interesting, if somewhat pompous, point of view. I enjoy the MovNat exercises - maybe I’ll come back to this someday.
Ryan
Sep 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very detailed with a lot of photos! Great for trainers and people who are trying to vary their movement style. A bit detailed for laypeople and honestly was a bit wordy for my taste. Interesting, though.
Brad
Jul 15, 2020 marked it as to-read
AoM podcast episode #508
Bojan Avramovic
Oct 03, 2019 rated it it was ok
Od početka čitanja pokušavam da shvatim da li je knjiga pisana za trenere ili široku čitalačku publiku? I evo do kraja nisam uspeo da shvatm. Predugačko, preopširno, neočekivano razočaravajuće
Jurgen Rose
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A massive encyclopedia of natural human movement concepts. Revolutionary perspectives will change your paradigm of what it is to be healthy and fit. This is a dense tome that you will not just read, you will refer to it for years as it reveals its secrets to you.
Erik
Apr 29, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »

• Move into Life: The Nine Essentials for Lifelong Vitality
  • Writing Down the Bones: Freeing the Writer Within
  • Starsight (Skyward, #2)
  • Tolstoy
  • Breath: The New Science of a Lost Art
  • English Pastoral: An Inheritance
  • Dark Money: The Hidden History of the Billionaires Behind the Rise of the Radical Right
  • Yoga Mala: The Seminal Treatise and Guide from the Living Master of Ashtanga Yoga
  • Agnes's Place
  • How to Read a Book: The Classic Guide to Intelligent Reading
  • Mastery: The Keys to Success and Long-Term Fulfillment
  • Move Your DNA Restore Your Health Through Natural Movement
  • Stillness Is the Key
  • How to Eat, Move, and Be Healthy!: Your Personalized 4-Step Guide to Looking and Feeling Great from the Inside Out
  • A Mrs. Miracle Christmas
  • The Search for Roots: C. G. Jung and the Tradition of Gnosis
  • Becoming a Supple Leopard: The Ultimate Guide to Resolving Pain, Preventing Injury, and Optimizing Athletic Performance
  • The Way I Heard It