Start by marking “A Cat in Wolf's Clothing (Alice Nestleton Mystery #3)” as Want to Read:
A Cat in Wolf's Clothing (Alice Nestleton Mystery #3)

A Cat in Wolf's Clothing (Alice Nestleton Mystery #3)

3.47  ·  Rating details ·  116 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Dubbed "one of Manhattan's finest little-known actresses, " beautiful cat-sitter turned sleuth Alice Nesttleton has been called into action again . This time the New York City cops have put her unto a case that's right up her alley - when a routine murder investigation uncovers a string of clues that could tie up fifteen years of unsolved homicides. The common thread: a ca ...more
Published November 5th 1991 by Signet

Phillis
Jan 12, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Yes I read this book in one day. 215 pgs in large type, not hard to do. This is a brand new author for me. I wanted to start with book one in case it mattered, I don't think it does. The story line was a murder mystery, 17 to be exact. The main character is Alice Nestlrton a semi-retired off broadway actress/part time cat sitter who happens to like cats. She gets asked to assist the a section of the Police Dept called the Retro Division, sort of like the cold case depts now. The book was written ...more
Sandra Strange
Apr 16, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: mysteries
I really enjoy this series, all revolving in some way or another around cats. The "sleuth" is an actress who is semi successful, but who needs a day job to stay afloat financially, so she "cat sits" for various cat loving owners who much leave their pampered kitties. It's her "day job" that brings the murders to her attention. Her love life sometimes intrudes (a bit PG 13, but not explicit) with its casual attitude towards extra marital sex, but the stories are charmingly told with eccentric and ...more
Rage
Mar 14, 2014 rated it liked it
strange little mystery. lots of elements - cat people, theatre people, a bunch of rude police officers, a cat cult... totally implausible story, but a quick and quirky read.

(I think this was written many years ago, so the use of the word "retard" and the bizarrely flippant stereotyping of Haitian vodou were perhaps less ill-advised at the time. nonetheless.)
Margaret
Aug 06, 2011 added it
Shelves: 2006
This was a fast read but I thought it was one of the most improbable cozy mystery plots I've read in a while. And I didn't follow how Alice came to her conclusions. Also didn't understand her relationship with Tony (but I don't think she did either!). I did like the elusive Abelard though (a classic cat).
Rachel
Aug 10, 2012 rated it it was ok
Alice Nestleton is hired by the police to help solve the case of a serial killer who leaves toy mice at the scene of the crime. The main character wanders around with lots of weird analogies and the solution to the crime didn't make much sense.
Pat
Jan 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
Good series.
Sandy Weir
Dec 19, 2014 rated it liked it
A quick read and good size to take along while traveling. Coming from a dogs lover, I could understand more why people adore cats!
Cpuryear
Mar 23, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: mystery
I am never one to turn away from a mystery involving cats! However, I didn't care for the protagonist..a little to theatre-ish in personality...just kind of out there. Not for me.
Alisa
Nov 28, 2009 rated it really liked it
i read it when home for thanksgiving and i like that it was a little racy
Linda
Sep 01, 2010 rated it liked it
Interesting short mystery. Another mystery is why the author has nothing on the blurb except that her name is a pseudonym.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • No More Magic
  • Cat on a Hyacinth Hunt (Midnight Louie, #9)
  • Lord of the Fantastic: Stories in Honor of Roger Zelazny
  • The Scarab Murder Case (A Philo Vance Mystery #5)
  • Night Life
  • The Season of the Hyaena (Egyptian Mysteries, #2)
  • A Cruel Deceit (Lieutenant Bak, #6)
  • Name of the Beast
  • Chocolate Quake (A  Carolyn Blue Culinary Mystery, #4)
  • Dead Men's Hearts (Gideon Oliver, #8)
  • The Anubis Murders
  • The Class Menagerie (Jane Jeffry, #4)
  • Heart of the Mummy (Scream Street, #3)
  • Orphan Of The Sun
  • The Mammoth Book of Egyptian Whodunnits
  • Mummy Dearest (Claire Malloy, #17)
  • Vampire Sheikh (Immortal Sheikhs #3)
  • Mummy
Lydia Adamson is the pen name for Franklin B. King who is an author, free-lance writer and copywriter. In addition to the Alice Nestleton series, he is the author of the Deirdre Quinn Nightingale and Lucy Wayles series. He lives in New York City and also wrote under the name 'Frank King'.
More about Lydia Adamson...

Alice Nestleton Mystery (1 - 10 of 22 books)
  • A Cat in the Manger (Alice Nestleton Mystery #1)
  • A Cat of a Different Color (Alice Nestleton Mystery #2)
  • A Cat Tells Two Tales
  • A Cat in the Wings (Alice Nestleton Mystery, Book 4)
  • A Cat By Any Other Name (Alice Nestleton, #5)
  • A Cat with a Fiddle (Alice Nestleton Mystery, Book 6)
  • A Cat in a Glass House (Alice Nestleton Mystery, 7)
  • A Cat with No Regrets (Alice Nestleton Mystery, Book 8)
  • A Cat on the Cutting Edge (Alice Nestleton Mystery #9)
  • A Cat in Fine Style (Alice Nestleton Mystery, 10)