Start by marking “Psi Another Day” as Want to Read:
Psi Another Day

Psi Another Day (Psi Fighter Academy #1)

When spunky teen Rinnie is forced to bust out her secret Psi Fighter moves in school in order to bring downs its drug ring, she encounters a deeper plot…and a more sinister danger.
My name is Rinnie Noelle.

By day I'm just another girl in high school who likes lip gloss. But by night I'm a Psi Fighter—a secret guardian with a decade of training in the Mental Arts. Kinda like
Published May 6th 2014 by Entangled: Teen (first published December 3rd 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Psi Another Day, please sign up.

A.V. Briel This book is AMAZING! It is by far one of the BEST books I have read. EVER. Don't listen to the reviewers who say Psi Another Day is awful. They…moreThis book is AMAZING! It is by far one of the BEST books I have read. EVER. Don't listen to the reviewers who say Psi Another Day is awful. They simply have ZERO taste. I guarantee that you will LOVE this book!!(less)

D.R. Rosensteel
Aug 24, 2013 D.R. Rosensteel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Okay, I'm biased, but here goes. I love the characters, especially Rinnie Noelle. She is a girl with a questionable fashion sense, but Batman’s battle prowess. A role model for this generation, she is a mixture of innocence, shyness, and butt-kicking kung fu. Rinnie makes it cool to be a do-gooder. She’s a jedi with Cinderella’s heart, the girl who always befriends the underdog. Her secret identity and fierce fighting skills allow her to take on uber-villains who terrorize her city, but can’t he ...more
Alisha Tarran
May 06, 2014 Alisha Tarran rated it really liked it
Superheroes. That word drew me in like nothing else could. It's like the world narrowed down to that one word on the page and I couldn't click "request" fast enough. When I came out of my daze, I clocked the word Knight, and my intrigue grew. Through in the murdered parents (which seems to be a requirement of being a Superhero) and the two guys who where blatantly going to become a love triangle, I was practically frothing at the mouth to read this book. Did I mention there was PSI type powers? ...more
Rachel's Book Reviews
Apr 24, 2014 Rachel's Book Reviews rated it really liked it
*applauds*
This book exceeded my expectations! It had a serious plot, but a lighthearted edge because there was one thing this author NAILED.

It’s HUMOR.

Here's an example:
""Stu-dents," she said finally in a staccato voice, She waited until the auditorium quieted. "I have good news for you, and I have news that is less than satisfactory."
"What's the good news, Old Bag?" A voice from the back shouted. The auditorium echoed with laughter at the nasty nickname.
"For me, Mr. Rubric," she said calmly, "
Lexie
DNF'ed at 15% I'm sorry but with the recent glut of superhero(ine) fiction I expect better from the hero(ine) AND villain.
Ornella (Nyx)
Apr 04, 2014 Ornella (Nyx) marked it as maybe-read
Stupid freaking love triangles! WHY.
Shelley
**I received this book for free Entangled Teen via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.**

*Genre* Science Fiction-y
*Rating* 3-3.5

*My Thoughts*

*This book apparently is also called Psi Another Day. But, according to the copy I received via Netgalley and the publisher, I'm going with The PSI Fighter.*

Sixteen year old Lynn "Rinnie" Noelle lives two distinct lives. The first is that of a bullied high school teenager who l
Shelley

*Genre* Science Fiction-y
*Rating* 3-3.5

*My Thoughts*

Miguel
Apr 27, 2014 Miguel rated it really liked it
Awesome/kickass main character? Check. High-tech and totally wicked technology? Check. Fighting bad guys using your own thoughts? Che--wait what??

tumblr_n3gqfz5O4Y1tti72eo3_250

Rinnie Noelle is a Psi Fighter. Other than having super human strength, these Psi Fighters channel their thoughts to form different weapons imaginable. I thought that was wickedly cool and I found myself geeking out a bit. Master Kilodan make me your apprentice, please. I want to know the ways of a Psi Fighter and the art of Mental Arts.

Going back to
Clever Girl
Apr 20, 2014 Clever Girl rated it really liked it
Superheroes, masked villains, awesome inventions, secrets and secret identities, confusing boys, new mysteries and old foes. It's an excellent start to a fun and funny, new series.

I loved the concept of Psi Fighters. Rosensteel slowly reveals the who (but not all - some secret identities are still secret), where, why, and what they can do. It definitely kept me intrigued and turning the pages. The mystery likewise kept me interested. The twists and turns, the whodonnit, the surprises.

I adore sup
Mandy Sickle
I received Psi Another Day in return for an honest review as part of the tour hosted by YA Bound. Rinnie isn't like normal girls in school she’s a Psi Fighter which means she’s a superhero in training. She uses her psychic abilities to create weapons, her extensive hand to hand combat training, and Andy’s gadget’s to get the job done. Her secret identity is really important if it was to get out it could be detrimental so she wears a mask as well as armor that is stronger than Kevlar. Only one pe ...more
AJ
Apr 15, 2014 AJ rated it really liked it
(Read this review and more at Pretty Bookmarks)

Disclaimer: I received a review copy c/o of the Publisher via Netgalley

If I could compare Psi Another Day to a TV series, it would be Nikita (if she was in high school). And it's no secret that I am a huge Nikita fan.

Psi Another Day was so thrilling to read. It was so action packed and fast paced that I kept turning pages. Psi Another Day is about a girl who is a Psi Fighter for the Academy, where she trains to be a fighter that is similar to kung
Krutula
Psi Another Day revolves around Lynn, a pyschic fighter from the Academy whose mission in life is to fight evil. Pretty cliche, I know but get this - even the opposite team is psychic and go by the term of Walburgi Knights. They are trying to get the secret location of the Academy (why?) and since everyone is in masks, this just becomes a mystery. There is kidnapping and drug rings involved but let's not delve into that now. I was excited because dude, psychic weapons sounded so cool. You just c ...more
Kimber Wheaton
Apr 22, 2014 Kimber Wheaton rated it really liked it
I received this book from the publisher in exchange for an honest review

Psi Another Day is an action-packed, witty adventure featuring superheroes, creepy baddies, and laughs galore. I really liked the voice of main character Rinnie. She's so sarcastic and snarky. The narration simply flows from her point of view making this a very fast -paced story. I also liked the science behind the Psi Fighters. Their gadgets and powers were awesome.

Rinnie-- loved her. She has that kind of personality I ador
Louise White
Mar 09, 2015 Louise White rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Psi Another Day by D.R. Rosensteel is the first in his Psi Fighter Academy series. Rosensteel drops us right into the heart of the action with this amazing adventure. Magic and techno-wizardry abound in this tale which revolves around schoolgirl, Rinnie leading an exciting double life as superhero in training, her secrets becoming increasing difficult to hide from her 'regular' existence.
The storyline progresses well and there's plenty of action, intrigue and a touch of romance to be found in t
Linda
Apr 21, 2014 Linda rated it really liked it
PSI Another Day is an enjoyable zany read PERFECT for tweens and teens. The characters were realistic and the plot moved quickly. The twists kept me guessing until the end as to the outcome.

Rinnie, our heroine, is a kick-ass PSI Fighter-in-training. She's feisty, impetuous, fun and has a good heart. Mr. Gadget would be insanely jealous of the hi-tech, futuristic arsenal the PSI Fighters have at their disposal. The villains she's fighting are creepy and plentiful. There's also your hurtful, mean
Joshua S.
Mar 03, 2016 Joshua S. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another Day
Joshua Summerlin
3/3/16

Another Day, by David Levithan, is a young-adult fiction novel that is a companion to Levithan’s Every Day. It is the same story, but told from the perspective of Rhiannon, the girl that A falls in love with. Rhiannon retells this story as she meets A who has a different body every day, but the same mind. It is meant to be a twin to Every Day, but is also a great stand alone read.

I would recommend this book to anyone who like Every Day but it’s a great book if y
Shannon M
May 06, 2014 Shannon M rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. I loved the premise of it about the superheroes among us. I enjoyed reading Rinnie's journey and loved following as she pieced together the pieces of her past in order to protect her loved ones in the present. I also absolutely loved the geek squad. I loved that they started to fight back by working together and think that it had some real life lessons for kids as well about standing up for what they believe. I also enjoyed watching Mason evolve and Rinnie's realizati ...more
Rachael Hanna
May 06, 2014 Rachael Hanna rated it really liked it
I received this book in exchange for an honest review....

Rinnie is a bad ass Psi Agent, and an amazing character I thought. This book is far removed from what I normally read, but it was so surprisingly easy to read! I loved it and couldn't put it down. It was witty and sharp and all the things you expect from a YA novel.

Psi Another Day gets a thumbs up from me, I will say that even if you aren't into the whole "super hero crime fighter" genre the mystery and constant guessing is enough to sway
FS Meurinne
Apr 26, 2014 FS Meurinne rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviews, arc
"Received and ARC for an honest review"

Rinnie is quite a character, she made me laugh and then some. This book was so different to what I'm used to read but was quite funny. This new heroine will keep you reading until the end. Then comes Egon and Mason, this are some characters I loved to read, Egon being the new kid and the new turned nice-guy Mason.

The book can be read in one sit, the plot flowed but sometimes I wished it to hurry a bit up into more exciting stuff. Either way I liked it and
Sara
May 06, 2014 Sara rated it it was amazing
I LOVED this book from the first page. Rinnie is in-your-face tough, with a sweet vulnerable side that she keeps hidden a lot of the time. Rosensteel is a genius with his snarky one-liners that had me laughing from the get go. As well as humor, the characters had depth, and the anti-bullying/anti-drugs message hit home but it wasn’t put across in a moralistic/preaching manner. I don’t usually read paranormal/sci-fi romances but will make an exception with this author. I can’t wait to read the ne ...more
Amanda Peake
So much fun to read I was literally laughing out loud while reading this book. It takes on some serious content in such a fun way. We get superheros, mask, villians, best friends, guys and a love traingle. Normally all those things add up to a blah book. This one however was nothing close to BLAH.

I loved so many characters in this book it's hard to pick just one or two. Rinnie of course I loved.

I will just say D.R. Rosensteel will be a author I will always want to read more from. Thanks for th
Tristin Greer
Oct 11, 2014 Tristin Greer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was a truly amazing read. It kept you guessing with its twists and turns in the story's plot and never disappointed. The authors' thought provoking and intriguing use of vocabulary and imagery thoroughly explained every detail throughout the book. This is a must read!!!
Karla Mae (Reads and Thoughts)
So far from the story that I was expecting it to be. It was okay but I guess the phasing was too slow for my taste.

Full review to follow.
Alice Atorly
This review first appeared on The YA Buzz .

I received this book from the publisher in return for an honest review.

My Take :

The premise? Original. The narrator? Fantastic. The story and world? Oops.

Between clichés and general ridiculousness, Psi Another Day turned me into a Sigh Fighter myself; I kept alternating between yawns and eye rolls–half the notes in my Kindle start with “What the heck?!”.

The Nitty Gritty :

♦ Right voice, wrong story. Rinnie, who narrates her own story in the present
Tessa Kay
Apr 29, 2014 Tessa Kay rated it liked it
I received this book in advance from the publisher in exchange for an honest review

Reenie is a Psi Fighter. A member of a secret society accomplishing things a superhero would do; thus they even wear masks and disguise their voice in order to hide their identity. Sounds pretty awesome, right? No wonder I was magically attracted to the book. And I’m telling you, the book is awesome. I mean, how amazing is the idea and book concept of the author? Not only are Psi Fighters totally cool, like ninjas
Carmel
Mar 05, 2017 Carmel rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I thought this would be a fun book but it was just a bit drab.

None of the characters stood out and Rinnie was pretty bad at her job. Like, after all that training, she didn't do anything right.

Kassiah
3 stars.

A modified version of this review is also posted on Swoony Boys Podcast.

Books featuring secret agents are some of my favorites, so I was pretty excited when I found Psi Another Day, the first in a new series from debut author D.R. Rosensteel.

Rinnie Noelle doubles as a regular, somewhat geeky high-school student by day and a super evil-fighting agent by night. Rinnie and her team of mental weapon-weilding Psi Fighters are trying to take down a drug ring that has infiltrated her school. Af
Ella Janine
Originally posted at The Filipina Booknote

What to do when you come across a blurb that screams superheroes and highschool flick together? You click request and pray that they allow you to read it.

The Psi Fighters are nothing like comic book superheroes. We're more like awesome vigilantes. We practice the Mental Arts, which are like martial arts with extra caffeine and awesome sauce.

Rinnie Noelle is an ordinary highschool student who has a popular bestfriend, Kathryn, and is bullied by Mason, her
Ciara B
May 09, 2014 Ciara B rated it it was amazing
I love this book. I was hooked from the very first mission.
If you are like me and love crime, mystery, and secret identities you will love Psi Another Day. Rinnie Noelle Psi fighter messes up her first mission and is then sent by one of the Four, her mentor the Kilodan, to clean up her high school by taking down the drug ring which may also be tied into the local child kidnappings. Being a target for the bullies makes it hard for Rinnie to keep her secret identity, it takes a great deal of self
Raquel
Apr 04, 2014 Raquel rated it liked it
More than your normal, geeky high school student, Rinnie has been training with the Psi Fighters since she was a child. Protected by the Fighters since her parents' murder, Rinnie has rapidly become one of the best. After screwing up her first mission, Rinnie's out to prove that she's ready, and in order to do that, she has to solve the drug problem happening in her school. Rinnie was a pretty funny character, witty and snarky and at times snappy. She's also fierce caring and loyal, specially wh ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
The Psi Fighter 1 3 Sep 30, 2013 05:52PM
  • Will The Real Abi Saunders Please Stand Up?
  • The Recruit (MTG Agencies #1)
  • Eve and Adam: Chapters 1-5
  • (Once) Again (Again, #2)
  • Down Outback Roads (Outback Dust #2)
  • Sidekick (Sidekick in the City, #1)
  • Red River (Tent City #2)
  • The Camelot Code (First Kiss Club #2)
  • Dinotopia: First Flight
  • Innocence Lost (For Queen and Country, #1)
  • The Luthier's Apprentice (Violinist Detective Series, #1)
  • Twisted
  • Forever Layla
  • Fast Forward
  • Donna of the Dead
  • Broken Dreams (Broken, #2)
  • Gimme Some Sugar (Pine Mountain, #2)
  • Ghost Hold (The PSS Chronicles, #2)

Psi Fighter Academy (2 books)
  • Live and Let Psi (Psi Fighter Academy #2)