Start by marking “Guardians of the Galaxy: Beginnings” as Want to Read:
Guardians of the Galaxy: Beginnings

Guardians of the Galaxy: Beginnings

3.07  ·  Rating details ·  54 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
How did a raccoon with a rocket launcher, a talking tree, a bald green destroyer, the most dangerous woman in the universe, and an interplanetary policeman form the heroic space squad, The Guardians of the Galaxy? Join Rocket Raccoon, Groot, Drax the Destroyer, Gamora, and their fierce leader Star-Lord as they band together in this origin storybook to fight through the cos ...more
Published July 1st 2014 by Marvel Press

To ask other readers questions about Guardians of the Galaxy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Guardians of the Galaxy

Mischenko
Apr 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
To see the full review please visit www.readrantrockandroll.com

We loved Guardians of the Galaxy: Beginnings. The book starts out explaining all about Peter Quill as a child and his origins. It explains about his father and how he had to leave Earth. Peter quickly determines he must journey to space to find his dad.

The illustrations were great and the reading wasn't too complicated. It's a very happy story and I didn't find anything wrong with that. It's perfect for any Guardians of the Galaxy f
Clacie
Mar 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Jesse liked it so much he asked to take it to school so his teacher could read it to the class during story time. Jesse and I both liked story & the pictures were cool too. A great way to reiterate to young ones that you can be anything you want to be with hard work & dedication.
Jessica
All right for kids, but I have a feeling that this "touchy-feely" version of the Guardians' origins isn't going to jive with what happens in the movie.
Mike
Jul 14, 2017 rated it it was ok
More of a kids book than a comic book. I was duped!
Jim
For a primer for kids, the writing and art are pretty good.

What my 7-year-old son said about it:

I thought it was pretty good. I thought it was kind of funny when it said "The Guardians of the Galaxy were born." The pages where he met everybody were cool.

I'd have to agree - and I liked the fact that he noticed stuff about the art that I didn't. Worth reading for younger readers.
Jason Lilly
Nov 15, 2014 rated it liked it
Not a bad introduction to the origins of the "new" Guardians of the Galaxy. If you're a fan of the movie, this collection might confuse you. It's interesting to see how much of the Marvel backstory was neglected. But if you want to know the true origins or backstory of many of the characters, you might find this interesting.
Erma Talamante
Dec 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics, 2015
A brief feature of the origins of The Guardians, with each of the unlikely heroes giving their bit of backstory. This brief prelude primarily features Peter Quill, aka Star-Lord, but that is only fitting since he is the leader and reason for the Guardians' existence. Not a whole lot of story involved, but a good addition to a collection, or for the newest generation of fanboys and fangirls.
Jennette
May 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Amazing art work
Wonderful story
Action
Powerful message teaches to never give up your dream!!!

Any kid will love how awesome this story book is!!!

I'm even more of a fan of guardians of the galaxy now I just love the new version of star lords out fit soooo coool!!
Emily
I wasn't expecting a children's book, but it was cute.
Kanna
Aug 18, 2016 rated it it was ok
This was really cute for kids, but as an adult it just seemed wayyyyy too happy and off the lore.
Nicolas
Aug 12, 2015
Brian
Jul 28, 2014
Commander Xell
rated it did not like it
Sep 17, 2014