Start by marking “Zom-B Clans” as Want to Read:
Zom-B Clans

Zom-B Clans

(Zom-B #8)

B's first mission with the Angels --sentient, do-gooder zombies-- went horribly wrong when vicious members of the Ku Klux Klan attacked New Kirkham, a stronghold of precious human survivors. B is not about to let the racist thugs persecute innocent people, but while saving the town, one of B's oldest friends is kidnapped by the Klan.

The Angels are prepared to do what it ta
Published July 8th 2014 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (first published January 1st 2014)

Miranda Reads
Nov 07, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: ya-series, audiobook
I really feel like Darren Shan just decided to up the ante....but adding in the KKK. Not a huge fan of the direction this book is turning.

Audiobook Comments
Read by Emma Gavin - and she rocked this narration. Love listening to this series!

Blog | Instagram | Twitter
Kimberley doruyter
darren shan's books get weird the longer you read a series
Sharon Mariampillai
This was a great read. The story had a great amount of action. Although, I do have to say that 75% of the book was dragged out. B is still my favourite character because of her badass ways. I really wish that someone would make DanDan suffer. I do not like him. I did like Rage for a bit, but then he did something stupid and made me dislike him. The ending was really great. I really need to read book 9 after that ending. I can't wait to see where it takes me. Overall, an intriguing read.
Tori
Jul 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Great edition to the story. I wasn't sure how I was going to like the "clans" being brought into it but in many ways it makes perfect sense . And the ending...one word to change everything. And now I have to wait until October to know what happens next :(
Brooke ♥booklife4life♥

Total: 8

In Dept

Best Part:
ACTION
Worst Part: KKK still exist in this dang world!
Thoughts Had: bored; holy crap!; owl man's dog is great!!!

Conclusion

Continuing the Series:
Recommending: yes

Short Review: Okay, the first 75% of this was a bit boring. I was glad they found that girl
Library_boyfriend
Feb 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This one was stuffed with action and emotion. And of course.....dun dun dun...the cliffhanger!
Kristina
Jul 10, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017-goal-105
B Has a habit of thinking she knows best and acting on it.
She is not always right....

In this volume of the Zom-B series we finally get a lot of background on Owl Man and Mr. Dowling and why the Angels are working to bring them down as well as their relationship to certain events and other characters. The series is building up to what will probably be an explosive conclusion soon...
Haley
Apr 22, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 04-2017
Cameron
Feb 12, 2018 rated it liked it
Dan
May 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult, zombies
This latest book in the Zom-B series manages to be both self-contained and a part of the overall story at the same time. It continues where the last book left off and sees B capture child-killer Dan-Dan as her prisoner, but forced to keep him alive to negotiate the return of her friend Vinyl.

This is not the most action-packed volume of the series so far but I didn't feel that was unnecessary at all. There's a strong, violent start to tie off the cliffhanger but then the book is full of tension.
Kelley
I didn't expect it after reading book 1 (I couldn't stand B and almost didn't try book 2), but this series gets better with every book. I can't wait to see what happens next and I zipped right through the series to date and now have to wait for the next one! The surprise ending didn't surprise me though. I have been convinced since finishing book 1, that we'd be seeing that person again. I've just been biding my time, wondering how long Shan would make us wait.
Trisha
Dec 25, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"We do what we think is right. After that, we can only pray that we choose the correct path, and hope our maker will forgive us if we err."

WOW. Finally. finally some huge huge answers are delivered. We finally get some clarity on moments that seemed so confusing.
We also get some kick butt zombie moments, some interesting fighting....

and one more huge secret revealed. I must admit I didn't see it coming. I can't wait for the next one!
Karla Burrow
Aug 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book was just...WOW! So many shocking twists and turns, however the one at the very end was kind of obvious on who this character was. I'm still trying to figure out "Owl Man" and his reasons why he is currently treating B. Well, on to the next book to, hopefully, get more answers.
Carly
Jul 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: for-review
A lot of big revelations and shockers! That ending!! I want the next book already!! Review to come...
Haylee
Jan 27, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
This was a good one! That ending! arghhhh! Well played Shan.....
Adeeb
Mar 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hot daaaaaaaaamn! This was GOOOOOOOD!
Christina
Jul 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
My only complaint is that I wish the books weren't so short. I like the premise of it
Georgia (The Bibliomaniac Book Blog)
THAT ENDING ARGH!!!!!
Denis
Dec 11, 2017 rated it liked it
The author of the book is Darren Shan and the title of the book is ZOM-B. The book is also fiction. The genres of the book are adventure,tale,and fantasy. I chose to read the book because it was recommended to me by my brother who already read it.

The book is mostly about violence and deaths and killing and blood and so on. The book is a horror book which is about a kind of zombies which eat the organs of the people they kill without even thinking about it. The story's setting is mainly in a cit
Jacinth Ziff
Feb 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The "Clans" was a great read for me. The story was stuffed with action and emotions. It took a while to apprehend about the goal of the book. For me B was a person that always make her self think that her way is always the best, but in fact it's not always the right way. B lives with her racist father, Todd Smith, and her mother, Daisy Smith. I hate it when Todd beats B and her mother, it makes me feel like Todd is someone else and not part of the family by the way he acts. Like when B rescued a ...more
Drew Budds
May 29, 2017 rated it liked it
so the book went more in depth to the whole racist part of it. and to tell the truth i liked that. with the first book of this series, i thought it was amazing and then in book 2 it dropped all of that and it became a different kind of story. now in the series they have came back to that aspect of the story and shown that in an apocalyptic world human beings can still be assholes. i also love that becky has finally come over her fear of being like her dad and is protecting the right people being ...more
Emily
Oct 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned-books
Ideally I think this series should be binge read rather than super spread out like I've had to do, since I don't own all of the books and neither does my local library...
Also, unlike the Darren Shan saga, there isn't omnibus editions and the collections of 2 books in 1 aren't available for the later books in the series yet.
Clans, like the other books was highly readable and enjoyable. I found the plot twists pretty predictable, but I still REALLY wanted to knows what happens next. I also adore B
Leon
Oct 02, 2017 rated it liked it
This book was a fast-paced read, really liked it although now I start noticing how childish some scenes are. For example: in a battle they take like 5 minutes time to have a conversation while they should be killing people. Other than that: amazing book! Some more background story is being revealed, epic battle descriptions and a great cliff hanger! Will have to buy the next book soon because I am still hungry for more
Louise Jones
what i like most on this series is the cliffhanger which obviously invites u to take to the next book and boy is it working !!!!
ON the minus side i found the book dragged on bit more then previous instalments but still enjoyed it certain parts of the book made you thought of previous instalments of our horrid history kluklux clan and the nazis saying that will hopefully c the series through to the end !!!!!
Fionn
This was my favourite book in the series so far, I'm glad this one came along after several average installments. There was plenty of action, lots of emotion and none of the characters were annoying. It only loses a star for the major plot twists being pretty obvious early on (view spoiler). We also got a lot of welcome backstory on Mr. Dowling, Owl Man and Dr. Oystein, it was nice finally getting information about their past and motives.
This book questions a persons loyalty to family and friends. Do you stay loyal to someone even if you don't agree with the choices they are making? B is faced to choose sides quickly as everything in her life starts to change. She has to figure out who to let back into her life, and who needs to be taken out. It's a moral dilemma that is difficult to solve, even if you are a zombie.

Author: Darren Shan
Publisher: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
Publication Date: 2014
Christie Heaven
Sep 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
There is no denying that Darren Shan is a masterful writer. I finished this book in just a couple of hours and not because of the short length. His stories are forever engaging and the Zom-B series are no different. The characters are deliciously flawed and relatable, the plots are fast paced and infected with plot twists galore. I have been a fan of Mr. Shan for decades and always will be.
Sam Chapman
Jul 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, reread-project
This continued straight on from the previous installment and brought back some old enemies. This book was slightly info-dumpy at times but I feel like that was the only way to include all the info we gained throughout the book. I read this so fast. I've said this before and I will say it again - you have to binge this series in order to gain its full impact.
Brandon Mclaughlin
Jul 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow another Darren Shan classic the ending is so worth it alone.
Sarah Woodward
Jul 27, 2017 rated it liked it
This is a 12 book series and seen as I already own the 9th book I have decided that I will go ahead and finish the whole lot.
The whole book 1 3 Apr 03, 2016 06:46AM
  • Unfed (Undead, #2)
  • Letter 44, Volume 3: Dark Matter
  • Parasyte, Volume 8
  • Colder, Vol. 2: The Bad Seed
  • R.I.P.D. Volume 1
  • Moon Knight #1
  • Last Rites (Dying to Live, #3)
  • They Don't Come Home Anymore
  • Clean Room, Vol. 2: Exile
  • Spread, Vol. 1: No Hope
  • Sick
  • Harbinger Wars
  • Harrow County #1
  • The Hunted (The Enemy #6)
  • The Shibboleth (Incarcerado, #2)
  • Flotsam & Jetsam (The Forest of Hands and Teeth, #0.2)
  • Edward Scissorhands Volume 1: Parts Unknown (Edward Scissorhands, #1)
  • The Infects
Librarian's note: Also writes books for adults under the name Darren Dash. And in the past he has released books for adults under the names D.B. Shan and Darren O'Shaughnessy.

Darren Shan (born July 2, 1972 in London, England) is the pen name of the Irish author Darren O'Shaughnessy, as well as the name of the protagonist of his book series The Saga of Darren Shan, also known as The Cirque Du Freak

Zom-B (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Zom-B