Start by marking “Methods of Persuasion: How to Use Psychology to Influence Human Behavior” as Want to Read:
Methods of Persuasion: How to Use Psychology to Influence Human Behavior

Methods of Persuasion: How to Use Psychology to Influence Human Behavior

Over 50,000 copies sold.

Using principles from cognitive psychology, Nick Kolenda developed a unique way to subconsciously influence people's thoughts. He developed a "mind reading" stage show depicting that phenomenon, and his demonstrations have been seen by over a million people across the globe.

Methods of Persuasion reveals that secret for the first time. You'll learn h
Published October 15th 2013 by Kolenda Entertainment, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Methods of Persuasion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Methods of Persuasion

Jeff Pietrzyk
Dec 21, 2014 rated it did not like it
A shameless rip-off of "Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion." Written by an hobbyist, not an expert. The book reads like one of those farmed out e-books attempting to farm easy cash on Amazon.
Mohammad
Dec 23, 2016 rated it liked it
حجم عظیمی از کتابهایی که در مورد متقاعد کردن نوشته شدن، مستقیم یا غیرمستقیم تا حد زیادی تحت تاثیر مطالب کتاب «تاثیرگذاری» نوشته «رابرت کلدینی» بوده و هست. این کتاب هم استثنا نبود. چند جا که مستقیما رفرنس داده بود و مطالب دیگهای که به دیگران ارجاع داده بود هم در واقع توی همون کتاب کذایی هست، اما اینجا به روش دیگهای بیان شدن.
نکته منفیاش این بود که غیر از اون مطالبی که از کتاب تاثیرگذاری "الهام" گرفته بود، تقریبا چیز جدیدی نداشت. اما نکته خوب ماجرا تمرکز به کاربرد این اصول و روشها توی زندگی روزمره
Oyuttsetsen Bayarsaikhan
Chose the book because of the series I'm watching right at this moment, ie. "Mentalist". So in love with psychology and neurolinguistics for the last few years! I admit there were some strong points backed up by references, so there was much to learn, BUT I hated the way the author wrote it. It was targeted to salesmen and Sorry Nick Kolenda, you must be the most showy and egotistical person. "My book, I am, I have been doing that for ... years." In the end, he asked a favour to review the book. ...more
Lonni
Dec 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent book on everyday psychological influences in our lives.

This is not an academic book, however all the claims are backed up with studies and references. Easy to read heavy on application of this stuff in pour personal lives. One of the best books I have read on the personal application of psychology.
Katie
Nov 05, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction
I didn't love it, but it was interesting. There were some helpful chapters in the book if you are interested in how people are persuaded.
Sophie Cayeux
Jul 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book. It is another take on how to understand the strategies of those who try to influence / persuade others to behave in a certain way.
Richard Moore
Jul 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shawn P
Jan 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2016
One of the most intriguing books I've read. No Freudian mumbo-jumbo, this is an accessible and fun read on appled psychology. Some concept examples: if you PRIME the SCHEMA of OLD AGE by inserting words like walking stick, Florida and retirement homes into a questionnaire, the participants will walk out of the room more slowly! Or... people may MISATTRIBUTE the good feeling of viewing an aesthetically pleasing web site to the quality of its content.
Silvia
Nov 27, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Methods Of Persuasion by Tevin

That is for sure an interesting book. I like the idea to have a clear method to follow. I guess v that when it comes to communication and persuasion, there is so much to learn that it will take time for the information to completely sink in. Furthermore, understanding is one thing, integrating the information to the level where we automatically, instinctively apply it is something else. Really interesting book, I will certainly read it again.
Daniel Jeal
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent overview of psychological persuasion

Thoroughly enjoyed reading this book and although I feel I will need to go over it again to cerment some of the methods. I will use it as reference and have used some principles already which I have appeared l applied to my role in sales.
Patrick
Aug 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent read

This book offers a great step by step process not only for Persuasion of others but also for understanding how products are sold to us and how feelings are anchored to products, people and events. A really good value read and something we can all learn from.
Imran Shaikh
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very informative

This is really good book with steps that are practical and can be used in real world situations, the author has really done hard work for the books content and it's really worth it.
Tof
Oct 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
A great and in depth book on some very effective techniques to influence people. Kolenda uses mind games on the reader to make them aware of how the techniques work before delving into the ins and outs of them, which I think adds an amazing edge to this book.

Andrés
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
High quality and direct shots

Digest this book gave amazing tools and weapons to fight among many complex scenarios.
I will use techniques in compliment with other knowledges related to enneagram.
Thanks for sharing steps.
Davor Katusic
Aug 08, 2017 rated it liked it
This book is great!

...BUT...

..all the time he tries to sell you more of his books (or more of this book for your friends) by implementing influencing techniques. Maybe some will follow his advice. To me this is a big let down, hence no 5 stars from me.
Damian Rodrigues
Oct 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
A handbook of some tricks and methods to influence others. Certainly not an in-depth discussion about the psychology of how people are influenced but the methods outlined are quite valuable and worth learning, if at least to guard yourself against their use!
Matt Beck
much better books out there on same topic
Jessica Baum
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Intriguing read. I always enjoy reading Nick's stuff. Will be excited when his next book comes out.
Robert
Oct 01, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's worth a read but it doesn't introduce anything that you wouldn't already know in some manner.
Lenie Gervero
Jun 20, 2017 rated it liked it
learned a lot
carlos salinas
Feb 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting

This book is a good reference in order to get the first steps to persuade to somebody else, also it shows a few psychology principles than are very useful
Ivo
Nov 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book!

Great book full of usefull principles as well as strong foundation of research on which was written.
Would have to read it once more definitely!
Osama Romoh
Jun 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good Read

Although goes too deep into scientific psychology and marketing applications of the METHODS, it was a big pleasure reading this book. The ending was unbelievably smart.
Paul
Jan 08, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice summary

A nice summary of persuasion techniques in a clear structure.
Probably a 3.5, not a 4 as a lot of the material is covered elsewhere (eg cialdini)
Luis
Aug 01, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Definitvamente se muestra amplio conocimiento en la rama, pero no logra conectar todos los hilos, le hace falta una vision propia de las cosas a mi parecer.. Buen libro para la practica.
Esther Rose
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read

Learned a lot. It was very helpful! Loved all the things he had to say. Really looking forward to implementing them.
Alina Vandenberghe
Jun 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good summary of persuasion techniques that can be used everywhere through life
Ke Yu
Oct 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Mostly standard psychology infor, but some real world applications and examples of how the author applied in this book are interesting.
Shehal Gomes
Aug 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Amazing book which touches the basic theoretical and practical science of social psychology and explains how you can apply those M.E.T.H.O.D.S on a day to day basis to get what you want.
sam holland
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really informative and a great read

Exceptionally good read. As soon as I started reading it I wanted to keep reading didn't want to put it down
  • The Magic Lamp: Goal Setting for People Who Hate Setting Goals
  • ShiftPoints
  • The Mind Within the Brain: How We Make Decisions and How Those Decisions Go Wrong
  • The Identity Switch: An Effortless, Lethal Method for Unavoidable Success
  • Shift Happens: How to Live an Inspired Life...Starting Right Now!
  • Jumpstart Your Creativity: 10 Jolts to Get Creative and Stay Creative (Jumpstart Series)
  • This is Brilliant: CBT, NLP, Confidence, Memory Training, Interview Answers, Negotiations, Selling, Presentation & Networking: A little bit of help from the best Brilliant books
  • Winning the Brain Game: Fixing the 7 Fatal Flaws of Thinking
  • Creative People Must Be Stopped: 6 Ways We Kill Innovation (Without Even Trying)
  • The Fix
  • Pressed for Time: The Acceleration of Life in Digital Capitalism
  • Forgiveness And Other Acts Of Love
  • Make Change Work for You: 10 Ways to Future-Proof Yourself, Fearlessly Innovate, and Succeed Despite Uncer tainty
  • Get the Truth: Former CIA Officers Teach You How to Persuade Anyone to Tell All
  • How To Be Assertive In Any Situation
  • Find Out Anything From Anyone, Anytime
  • Diaminds: Decoding the Mental Habits of Successful Thinkers
  • Better and Faster: The Proven Path to Unstoppable Ideas
“Website aesthetics are crucial for a number of reasons. First, people use aesthetics as a heuristic for quality; if your website is aesthetically pleasing, they’ll assume your content is above average, and vice versa. This benefit leads to a second benefit: aesthetics will influence website visitors to actually evaluate your content, a decision that’s usually made within 50 milliseconds” 1 likes
“To understand why mindsets are so powerful, you need to understand three concepts: schemas, priming, and spreading activation.” 0 likes