Start by marking “Rodeo Queen” as Want to Read:
Rodeo Queen

Rodeo Queen (Rodeo #1)

4.09 of 5 stars 4.09  ·  rating details  ·  125 ratings  ·  33 reviews
Sydney Thomas may be the newest Rodeo Queen on the circuit, but she's more than just a pretty face and fabulous horseback rider. If only her new boss could see it! But the frustrating, bossy, drop-dead gorgeous man seems bent on pushing her away every chance he gets.

Scott Chandler learned at an early age that he needed to "cowboy up" and take care of his family. The one ti
Published December 10th 2013 by Avon Impulse (first published November 5th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Rodeo Queen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rodeo Queen

Alicia Rae
This book pulled me in from the very first page, all the way through the last.

Sydney is smart, beautiful female lead character, and a talented horse trainer. Her passion and love for horses is truly admirable. As a horse owner, the author instantly pulled me in with her beautifully written knowledge of horses.

Scott is a sexy cowboy who finds himself drawn to her, even after trying his hardest to resist her at every turn because of his past experience with Rodeo Queens. Scott and Syney's attracti
Helen Stothard
What a lovely story from this new writer. I confess to having a soft spot for cowboy romances and really enjoyed the introduction to Rodeo in this book.

Sydney and Scott first meet when he practically runs her down with his horse, Sydney is a strong and feisty character who gives him a verbal bashing, before realising she's the man she needs to further her career.

Scott has been badly betrayed in the past and resolutely refuses to believe in love, although he has no problem admitting he's in lust
Save Your Money For Books
I can't resist a cowboy romance. Rodeo Queen takes the cowboy romance and brings it to the contemporary romance lover with a unique twist on the norm by taking us inside the world of the rodeo.

Sydney is the Rodeo Queen, but she is also so much more than a pretty face, she is an amazing horse trainer and when the opportunity presents itself for her to prove herself in the rodeo community she takes it, even if it comes with a sexy boss who seems to always think the worst of her. Scott was once bur
I received arc to read/review.
I have to admit, I’m usually the slutty, smutty girl who likes to read erotica and all the hot details but when I started reading this the author reached out from the pages and drew me in and I devoured very page!

One of the sweetest and wholesome love stories I’ve read in a long time although it didn’t start out as such. Newly crowned Rodeo Queen, Sydney Thomas first introduction

rodeo photo jwj-Rodeo-Queens-30_800208a.jpg

to Scott Chandler is after he knocked her down with his horse at rodeo and let’s just sa
Donna Porter
Wonderful story. It centers on Sydney the new Rodeo Queen and she is also a horse trainer. Also there is Scott. He runs a big ranch and they provide the animals for the rodeo riders. Sydney is very attracted to Scott when they first meet, but they seem to rub each other the wrong way. Mike the man who raised Scott hires Sydney to train their horses for the rodeo circuit. The fur flies when Scotts ex returns to see her father, who is also the man that raised Scott. She doesn't like Sydney and she ...more
Sharon Chance
Take a feisty cowgirl and a handsome cowboy, add in the mixture of lively competition in a rodeo setting, and throw in some sizzling romance, and you've got a great story. T.J. Kline's "Rodeo Queen" has all this and more, and fans of contemporary romance, cowboys, and just plain fun sexy reading are going to love this novel!

I love that Kline takes experiences of her own background as a rodeo competitor/rodeo queen and incorporates it into her lively story. Readers will experience a real sense of
Skye Burling-Briggs
*** ARC received in exchange for an honest review ***

I loved this book! Such a beautifully written romance that left me wanting more!

I truly enjoyed the writing style, and development of not only the MCs but everyone!

I would LOVE to see some 'spin off' for the other people in Rodeo Queen.

From the first page I was so in love with the cowboy / cowgirl romance.

Such witting writing that kept me turning the pages well into the early AM lol!

I NEEDED to know what happened with these two, both so incr
As corny as it may sound...I laughed, I cried, I sighed...laughed and cried again. This book was a very emotional read I loved it!
Nanee Mcgee
Nanee's Review:

This book is sweet, sassy and very romantic. Love Sydney; she's a beautiful, smart and a master horse trainer. Scott is a sexy as hell cowboy whose got a chip on his shoulders when it comes to Rodeo Queens. I loved the first meeting between Sydney and Scott so funny. I think the author wrote these characters perfectly with their longing looks, the soft kisses the heart to heart talks, the jealousy and the arguments. I thought these characters were great along with the secondary ch
Codi Gary
T.J. Kline's Rodeo Queen was a mix of New Adult and Contemporary that I enjoyed! The trope is enemies to lovers and watching the antics of Scott and Sydney as they fall in love had me laughing out loud! There were some suspenseful parts and some heart breaking moments that had me cursing my watery eyeballs, but the author has woven a fantastic love story about two damaged people that overcome their pasts to find happiness. I highly recommend this book to anyone who loves a sweet romance with a s ...more
Jennifer Schultheis
My favorite type of hero is a cowboy, so this book was right up my alley. This book had me hooked from the very beginning. I had many different emotions join me while reading this story. There was laughing, crying, swooning, and then there were times when I wanted to grab a shovel and beat a few of the characters. T.J. Kine brings us a realistic view of what the rodeo world looks like as well as what goes on behind the scenes. The characters she developed are pure gold with a lot of heart. This ...more
Sydney is a tough cowgirl- She is only using the "Rodeo Queen" crown to open doors. Her and Scott get off to a bang up start but there's no denying there are sparks between them. The more they fight to be together the more things seem to force them apart. Scott has been burned bad and refused to really believe what he feels for Sydney is actually love. If he can't get past those walls he built he will loose Sydney forever. A few hot steamy sex scenes. Lots and lots of drama. Fantastic ending.
Roni Guzman
Man what a book. I really want myself a cowboy now. The relationship between Sydney and Scott in the beginning is hilarious. They are both very stubborn people and the games they played with each other were funny. I felt bad for Scott but his judgement of all Rodeo Queens was based only on one girl that shattered his heart and punished Sydney for this. Even to the very end he had a hard time admitting that he loved her. That's all she wanted to hear. Men!!! Great book to read :)
Catherine Crook
The talented T.J. Kline transports you into the world of rodeos with this novel. You instantly love Sydney. Her sass and strength doesn't match her Rodeo Queen sash and tiara that sits atop her cowboy hat. I honestly didn't think I was going to enjoy Sydney - I thought she was going to be too girly for me. Oddly, Scott thought the same thing about his 'Princess.'

Scott is an ass. Simple as that.
"You are the most arrogant conceited ass I have ever had the misfortune to meet."
"Sweetheart, you nee
RODEO QUEEN by T.J. Kline is a sweet story set in, you guessed it, rodeo land. With cowboys, horses, cattle and all the rhinestones and glitter you can handle, it’s a fun read even after two years.

The plot is simple, a young woman wants to prove herself in a man’s world, finding love along the way. Our heroine Sydney proves she’s no slacker despite our hero Scott’s belief that she is. The characters are drawn well with great supporting characters that add much and don’t overpower. It’s a story
Heather Hollister
I love Scott and Sydney. This is a great read. I was up at 3am one night reading. I hope you will give it a try.
Arc review will be posted during tour on
Reading by the Book
Crystal's Many Reviewers
I have always been a fan of cowboys; I mean seriously now think about it, what’s not to love?? The men have the muscles, the boots oh and the hats! *swoon* But back to the book at hand!
I really enjoyed this book, quite a bit more than I had thought that I would to be honest. The characters were very likeable, and the story flowed extremely well in my opinion. I was completely drawn into the story and I couldn’t put it down once I had started it. The way that Sydney and Scott would go back and f

Scott knows better than to trust a rodeo queen. They're trouble in tiaras, interested in the attention and the prestige and all too willing to trample the hearts of the men who fall for their charms. But Sydney is more than the crown she's wearing, and when the two are stuck working together, they soon realize that rodeos and riding aren't all they're interested in.

The Verdict: Cowboys and romance are pretty much the perfect combination for me, and after reading Learning the Ropes, I was happy t
Jennifer Duffey
I received a copy of Rodeo Queen as part of the blog tour for an honest review.

It's no secret that I'm willing to give any book with a rodeo/ranch/cowboy aspect a try. When I had the opportunity to read Rodeo Queen, I couldn't pass it up. Horse trainers, stock contractors, hot cowboys. Ummm...yeah, no need to tell me more, I'm interested.

And I was not disappointed. This book is unique in the fact that Sydney is on a mission to train horses. She's using what she knows to get there...become a rode
Sydney and Scott seem to have this strong desire for one another. But can their lust turn into love? Sydney is a strong independent woman, but there is just something about Scott that gets her weak when she is around him... Scott acts tough, but something happened in the past that has him unable to love again... Can Sydney and Scott put their past in the past? Or will their past come to haunt them in the present? There is a lot of back and forth between both of them. However, the end makes it wo ...more
This book has you hooked from the beginning. The tough, witty, smart mouth of Sydney makes you just love her. Scott is just hot and tortured that you can't help but feel for him. This book is about no matter what life throws at you, you can over come and still get a happily ever after. This is a great book.
Heather andrews
Scott, he has some issues with women in the rodeo, "sarcasm colored his chuckle. "Somehow I don't think it would have mattered if you had. Now, I am busy, so what did you need, Miss Thomas." Also he's not one for allowing drunk men touching his woman, "Scott's jaw clenched as he saw the man slide his hand from her waist to her firm bottom." He's possessive of Sydney he doesn't like to share, "you're mine now, princess." The intensity of his voice left no doubt for either of them. "You realize th ...more
Linda Dunn chilson
Rodeo Queen at Her Best

Another great story by T.J. Kline. Scott is the hero you love but want to smack up along side the head. He fights really hard to not recognize he loves Sydney. It makes for a bit of an emotional roller coaster but a great read!!
Niccisbookblog higginson
This book is a lovely written romance with a bit of mystery and intrigue thrown in for good measure.

Both the main characters are stubborn and there budding relationship banter is very funny.
Scott has been burned before by a buckle bunny Rodeo Queen and is not going to take that chance again, but Sydney shows Scott that she is no buckle bunny and she can hold her own among the cowboys.

The story flows well, the characters are very well developed and there were some suspenseful parts and some heart
Action packed

Eskimo Princess Jenkins
Sydney just won the Rodeo Queen title and landed a new job.
Scott has a grudge against all ROdeo Queens- whether he has met them or not.
When Scott and Sydney meet, sparks fly and not just the good sparks.
Between Scott's dislike of Rodeo Queens, his true feelings for Sydney, His brother Derek, his ex-girlfriend Liz and Kurt who has a grudge against Sydney.
Lots of things happening in this book that make it seem like a longer book. But that is a good thing. I personally like a longer book, or a boo
Megan Lynn

A hot cold cowboy and a feisty cowgirl shaking up texas. makes one powerful couple. This book had me gushing and fangirling at the end like every sweet romance I read but this one is different. It had the ability to make me cry.
Ellen Anderson
I really enjoyed this book. It has been a while since I've read what I consider a western romance, with cowboys and horse, even rodeos thrown in. This was a very good choice.
Lora Jordan
I loved it no matter what all others had to say about it I cried for the horse tho that was sad but good read for me thx
  • Midnight Ride (Midnight Cowboys, #1)
  • Last of the Red-Hot Riders (Hells Outlaws, #2)
  • The Trouble with Temptation (Second Service, #3)
  • Good Guys Wear Black (Rural Gentlemen, #4)
  • The Wedding Vow (Save the Date, #2)
  • Tucked Away (Hearts of Montana, #1)
  • A Noble Deception
  • The Sexiest Man Alive (Life and Love on the Lam, #4)
  • Cowboy's Pride (Welcome to Covendale, #1)
  • Second Chances (Nugget, #3)
  • That Man of Mine (Whispering Bay Romance, #3)
  • Spurs & Stilettos
  • Bounty
  • Delivered Fast (Portland Heat, #3)
  • Unbuttoned (Silver Creek, #0.5)
  • Saddles and Sin (Lonesome Point, Texas, #2)
  • Love So Tempting (The Lawson Brothers, #4)
  • Her Lucky Cowboy (Montana Men, #3)

Rodeo (4 books)
  • The Cowboy and the Angel (Rodeo #2)
  • Learning the Ropes