Start by marking “Conspiracy of Light: Poems Inspired by the Legacy of C.S. Lewis” as Want to Read:
Conspiracy of Light: Poems Inspired by the Legacy of C.S. Lewis

Conspiracy of Light: Poems Inspired by the Legacy of C.S. Lewis

There was a time in my youth when I would buy and read any and every book I discovered by C.S. Lewis. What I had found was that he wrote in a way that engaged my mind like no other writer. He was respected in a variety of fields, and held passionately to his faith in Christ. Years later, when I began rereading his books, I was surprised to find that many of the ideas I'd h ...more
Published October 23rd 2013 by Cascade Books

To ask other readers questions about Conspiracy of Light, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Conspiracy of Light

Peter Kazmaier
I share D. S. Martin`s love for the writings of C. S. Lewis. For that reason, reading Conspiracy of Light was for me a double pleasure.

On the one hand, I can enjoy D. S. Martin`s poems on their own merit. For example I can picture a lion standing between two mountain ashes in What Lucy Saw and be carried on to plumb the depths of what it means to follow Christ even when the path is unclear and uncertain.

On the other hand, when I re-read one of Lewis`s books, I can also read a poem associated wi
Violet
Sep 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
“There is, then, creative reading as well as creative writing” said Emerson. Canadian poet D. S. Martin has read. C. S. Lewis creatively over years in order for us to now enjoy Conspiracy of Light: Poems Inspired by the Legacy of C. S. Lewis. From the first lines of the first poem:
“A glance over your shoulder / assures you you can always get back” to the final “Destination” it is a magical trip.

Martin takes us in 77 poems through seven sections that include poems that look at the role of the p
Ali
May 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-poetry-list
Firstly, I love C. S. Lewis and have read a great deal by him - all of his fiction and much of his theology. Secondly, I have enjoyed other poetry by D. S. Martin. So I found this combination - Martin poems about Lewis - thoroughly enjoyable. Even the poems that sprang from quotes or images I was unfamiliar with were enjoyable for me.
Daniel Klawitter
May 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
One doesn't have to be a fan of C.S. Lewis to appreciate the artistry of D.S. Martin's poems in this book. But it helps. Were I not a admirer of Lewis and the other Inklings (Tolkien, Charles Williams), I don't know if I would have rated this book lower or not. But the poems here stand on their own as well-crafted poetry, and Martin provides a helpful Notes section at the end of the book indicating which writings of Lewis inspired each poem.

Here's one example of a poem from the book that should
Burl Horniachek
Jan 09, 2017
Carolyn
Sep 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A must-read for Christian poets.
Bruce Daccord
Bugg Davis
Oct 11, 2018
Marshall A Lewis
Jan 09, 2019
D.S. Martin is a Canadian poet with two collections to his credit. His poetry has appeared in many journals in both Canada and the US, such as The Antigonish Review, The Fiddlehead, Canadian Literature, Christian Century, Dalhousie Review and Queen's Quarterly. His chapbook is about his grandparents who were missionaries to China from 1923 to 1951. He writes about poetry for publications such as A ...more