Start by marking “Birthing the Miraculous: The Power of Personal Encounters with God to Change Your Life and the World” as Want to Read:

God has promised us miracles. Are you willing to do what it takes to see them through?

We all desire the favor of God on our lives. We eagerly pray and hope for His miracles, promises, and blessings. But carrying the promises of God often means being stretched, being inconvenienced, and being patient to nourish those promises until it is God's time for them to be born.

In Bi
Published January 7th 2014 by Charisma House

To ask other readers questions about Birthing the Miraculous, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Birthing the Miraculous

Start your review of Birthing the Miraculous: The Power of Personal Encounters with God to Change Your Life and the World
Ron
Sep 12, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Part memoir, part scripture study on the Annunciation to Mary this is a good read for those seeking God’s favor. “If we are to accomplish all He wants for us in this life, we must always desire more of Him. There is always room for more intimacy, more of His presence, and more of His glory.” However, be careful what you ask for. “Sometimes God will allow you to wait and wonder why he is not doing something exactly when you thought He would. He knows what He is doing.”

Heidi is a modern Albert Sch
Genoveva Schuster
Sep 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a great book encouraging to live life fully dependant on God and His leading. Made me more determined to be myself, fulfilling the destiny God has for me.
Susan Gibson
Great book

I love this book. I read it until I couldn't stay awake at night. I hated putting it down. I hated when it was over. it stirred my heart. it is now one of my all time favorite books.
Tuuli Platner
Jun 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful, powerful exploration of living God's dream for you

This is a wonderfully practical exploration of what it means to believe promises and dreams God has given to you for your life and carry them from seed to planting and fruitfulness.

Chapter by chapter Heidi takes us on a journey with Mary, from receiving the promise of a Son to carrying him to full term. Along the way she draws insightful comparisons with our own journeys of believing and pursuing God's promises - but it's not presente
Debby
Aug 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Just wow! If you are looking for more in your Christian walk, read this book. Heidi Baker is honest, real and totally in love with our Lord. She shares her experiences around the world and ministering/loving in her "favorite" places, the trash heaps (dumps) and slums where the poor and abused live.

Even through attacks and tribulations, she shares love and the message in love to gun toting rebels, rapists, abusers as well as those who've been their victims.

Truly - the miraculous is a part
Joanna Bair
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love how she uses the story of Mary at the beginning of the chapters. Heidi tells more of her story that wasn’t in other books of hers. She talks about other countries besides Mozambique in this one. The stories all point to living a life radically laid down for Jesus Christ and it shows what God can do with you if you stay open. I listened to the audiobook of it from my library and it had me in tears while driving multiple times. I was very touched. This book is so worth reading if you have a ...more
Brandon H.
Inspirational! This was one of those books that made me thirsty for more of God. It also left me in tears when I look at my spiritual walk with God and the condition of many churches in America today. How different we are from the believers seen in the early church. May God have mercy on us! I pray that He would raise up many more like Mrs. Baker who will seek His face and demonstrate His love and power with an apostolic flavor that is so needed today!
Caleb Fast
Aug 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely amazing book!

I highly recommend this to everyone who feels called to missions, the church, and even if you are called to the marketplace. This is a great book to show you what can come about if you live your life for God. Totally inspiring.

Completely anointed--expect a Holy Spirit encounter as you read this!
Nicole Coscia
Aug 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is what revolution looks like in print. Every chapter wrenched sobs from my heart and gave words to my deepest hopes.
Thank God for giving people like Heidi such a deep understanding of covenant love with Jesus. People like her open the door and raise my expectations for walking in such close communion with the Father.
Max Colley III
This was an amazing book that really challenged me to really ask how deep do I want to go? To have such a vivid example of the Bakers live what that looks like out, is so inspiring and a little scary! So glad I read it! A must for anyone that wants more!!
Martine Kiwan
Oct 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It is an amazing book that influenced my heart deeply!
Dylan Hayes
Feb 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing testimony of God’s love and provision!!

I loved this book! Dr. Baker shares what her journey has looked like as well as what a true relationship with God should be.
Daniel Scenters
Mar 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing!!!!

This book will inspire and call you into a deeper truth of identity and purpose in Daddy God. Worth buying and reading.
Sharon McCauley
Mar 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent example of a life laid down for Christ.
Elle Ladebu
May 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: spiritual-growth
One of the best books I've ever read. If you want to learn more about who God is and what you mean to him, read this book. ...more
Megan Royals
Jun 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was so inspiring! The testimonies of miracles kept bringing me to tears!
Kendra
Apr 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Read!

Truly inspiring book. Worth a read if you need a nudge from the Holy Spirit o your calling. I will recommend to friends!
Jorge Valenzuela
Wow

Fantastic book. Will challenge you as you hear the trials they have gone through to see God’s power. We all need grace to walk like this. Clearly the Bakers do
AMY
Feb 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it! Heidi’s love is contagious. She uses Mary’s life throughout and encourages believers to let God have control. She uses several examples from their ministry along the way. Highly recommended— one of the best books I’ve read.
Arayna Fleming
Sep 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An amazing book that invites you to a much more excellent path. This book will challenge you where you are and make you lean into Jesus and be transformed. Birthing the Miraculous is must read that is full of captivating stories.
Katie
Jul 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love this book!!

Laid-down lover is the best verb ever! Heidi speaks about what it means to go-low and give your everything for King Jesus in a simple, yet profound way. If you want to walk into your destiny and see the Glory of God, I would highly recommend this book. She speaks of Gods power and love so beautifully. He passion and zeal for Jesus makes me long for my own intimacy with Him to go even deeper and to live a surrendered life for Him alone. I wept many times reading through her storie
Larry Fox
Nov 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christian-living
If God has given you a promise that seems totally impossible – as promises from God almost always are – then this book is for you. It’s Heidi Baker’s firsthand account of how God led her through countless humanly impossible steps to touch millions of children with his love and mercy.

Baker writes that there may be a steep price for the promises God’s given us, but if we honor our relationship with him, we’ll pay the price. It’s easy to hear a great prophetic word but often it’ll be costly and cha
Brit
Jan 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: mature Christ followers
This book came into my life at a perfect time when I was looking to go deeper. I didn't start to feel excited and challenged until the fourth chapter. I read one chapter a day alongside my devotions. I noticed my mindset over the next weeks began to suddenly become more sensitive to spiritual things around me and was quicker to be bold in my outreach to others, to pray over the sick, to speak life, to push into my circumstances.

I would recommend this book to mature Christian believers. While yo
Erin Wolff
Mar 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love the Baker's ministry, but I have never read a book by Heidi, until this one, and I have to say that this book was perfect for me right now. It was encouraging, uplifting, and so inspiring. I loved it! I would recommend this book to anyone who really desires getting to the Secret Place of the Most High! I love how she constantly refers to people that are willing to give all to Him as, "laid down lovers", is there anything in life better then being a "laid down lover" and giving all to God ...more
Kaitlyn
Mar 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was a book that The Lord put on my heart to read and then others confirmed and made it possible.

Surprisingly yet not surprisingly, though Heidi Baker gave an account of many miraculous stories and intense experiences she's had with The Lord, I would say that the bottom line of the book is "spend time in the secret place."

I felt her writing just as in her speaking was very anointed– it moved me and lead me to encounter Him. May this be a year of the birthing of the miraculous!
Nancy A Heaps
Mar 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great

I liked this book a lot. it's hard for me too relate to the story but we are all different with unique callings. I'm amazed at the things Heidi has been through. I pray God continues to bless their ministry ... believing He will. it would be nice to meet Heidi one day, if not here maybe in heaven.
Autumn Beckstein
Jun 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is an easy read with an inspiring message, and I would encourage anyone questioning the fruition of a promise to read it. With a joyful heart, Heidi is an example of how to glorify God in affliction by taking him at his word. Hopefully it will encourage the weary soul to "take heart" for the mind of Christ means he can and will restore the doubtful and wavering mind. ...more
David L Wilson
Nov 19, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A truly laid down life

This book is a very worthwhile read. The author focuses on love and the way Good responds and honors sacrificial love. The narrative is a little difficult to follow as it isn't all presented in chronological order, but the stories will challenge the reader to give his or her life more fully to the Lord. I will look for the author on YouTube.
Tobias Jacobsen
May 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned-books
I read this as an ebook on Logos, but it didn't change the content. It was a very inspiring book about Heidi Bakers life with God and in ministry. I learned a lot from the challenges she has been going through when changing ministry from being in Mozambique to being a worldwide preacher. I also learned things about her relationship with the Holy Spirit. Great book which I can highly recommend! ...more
Lance Towers
Jan 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: missions
Out of nearly two hundred books I have rated on Goodreads, this is the tenth I have given five stars. In it Heidi Baker shares keys to her ministry success through glimpses of her life in prayer. In chapter two she states, “I don’t know how to pray complicated things. I just say, ‘Possess me, Holy Spirit.’” These words alone are an invaluable resource. No wonder Heidi's life bears fruit. ...more

• The Happy Intercessor
  • Spirit Wars: Winning the Invisible Battle Against Sin and the Enemy
  • Visions Beyond the Veil
  • The Heavenly Man: The Remarkable True Story of Chinese Christian Brother Yun
  • Hosting the Presence: Unveiling Heaven's Agenda
  • Keeping The Fire: Sustaining revival through love: the five core values of IRIS Global
  • Chasing the Dragon: One Woman's Struggle Against the Darkness of Hong Kong's Drug Den
  • Shifting Atmospheres: Discerning and Displacing the Spiritual Forces Around You
  • When Heaven Invades Earth: A Practical Guide to a Life of Miracles
  • Voice in the Night: The True Story of a Man and the Miracles That Are Changing Africa
  • Heavy Rain: How to Flood Your World with God's Transforming Power
  • The Cross and the Switchblade
  • School of the Prophets: Advanced Training for Prophetic Ministry
  • Intercessory Prayer: How God Can Use Your Prayers to Move Heaven & Earth
  • God Secrets: A Life Filled With Words of Knowledge
  • God is Good: He's Better Than You Think
  • Rees Howells: Intercessor
  • The Supernatural Ways of Royalty: Discovering Your Rights and Privileges of Being a Son or Daughter of God
Heidi Baker PhD is a Christian missionary and with her husband Rolland Baker are founders of Iris Global and the author of several books.

With her husband Rolland, Heidi founded IRIS Ministries in 1980, a non-profit Christian ministry dedicated to Jesus and service, especially among the poor. After twelve years ministering in Asia, they left in 1992 to do their PhD's at King's College London, UK. I