Start by marking “Broken Wings (Broken, #1)” as Want to Read:
Broken Wings (Broken, #1)

Broken Wings

(Broken #1)

Lynsie Fox has what she considers to be a perfect life. Married to Lincoln, a military pilot, she's living the Army life she's always loved. Being a sucker for great love stories, Lynsie makes it her mission to find Lincoln's best friend and co-pilot, Dax Adams, a good woman.

Losing the one woman he's ever loved, Dax attempts to be a good sport by playing along in Lynsie'
Published March 6th 2014 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Broken Wings, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Broken Wings

Candi-
Mar 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
O.....M.....G!!!!! I knew from reading the synopsis on this book it was going to be a tearjerker but that still in no way prepared me for what I was about to read!! I finished this book a few days ago and I am just now sitting down to write my review because I still have so many emotions running wild thru my head. I can definitely without a doubt at this moment say, this is my top 2014 book so far!! I will recommend this book to everyone. Even as sad as it is, the events that take place are so r ...more
Jennie Wurtz
Mar 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
**ARC received in exchange for honest review**

Emotion. That is the one word I keep coming back to when I think about Broken Wings. This latest book by the wonderful Erika Ashby is so filled with emotion that I’m left with all kinds of feelings long after having finished it. There is a sadness that stayed with me throughout most of the story and is still in my heart but at the same time there is joy and hopefulness and somehow it all fits together perfectly.

Lynsie and Lincoln are living a dream.
Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
Book – Broken Wings
Author – Erika Ashby
Publication Date – March 6, 2014
Type – Stand Alone
Genre – Romance
Rating – 4 out of 5 Stars

Complimentary copy kindly provided by author (Blog Tour) in exchange for an honest review.

Review
I found the beginning of this story very long and I believe it over stressed the love which was shared between Lynsie and Lincoln.  As soon as the life changing event happens though, that is when the story really picks up and I found myself mesmerized into what was going to
Jenny
Jul 06, 2014 rated it it was ok
Tara
I'm gutted this didn't work for me. The author makes a light joke mentioning the resemblance to the film Pearl Harbour (& I love that film!) this just failed on all emotional levels.... it's beyond unrealistic. I know it's fiction, I do get that. But if you've just lost your husband, your soul mate, the one you would die for... would you really be spending the night in another man's arms (his best friend no less!) on the night of his death, even just for comfort? No.... Me neither.
Saunders
Too clichéd. Not for me.
Heather
Apr 17, 2014 rated it did not like it
Just couldn't get into this one or finish it. The writing was just really off for me.
Brooke Cumberland
Jan 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
Broken Wings was an incredible read. I knew the basic plot line of this story, but it still didn't make me feel anything less than if I hadn't known anything. This story happens over the course of a year. It's based about Lynsie. She's happily in love with her pilot husband, Lincoln. Their love truly shines off the pages. They are amazing together. And he treats her soooo well. They truly have a great marriage.

Dax is Lincoln's best friend, who is also a pilot in the Army. He is swoon-worthy drea
Elisabeth Cole
Jul 20, 2014 rated it it was ok
Here I go again, being a downer by not liking a book that so many others love! The editing was really poor with numerous misspellings, wrong use of words and even inconsistencies in the storyline. I can overlook those sorts of problems if the story is engaging but unfortunately the plot was mediocre and predictable. Lynsie came across as smug and self-righteous to the point where I wanted to slap her. She was constantly looking down her nose at the people she didn't believe were worthy of her or ...more
Adriana
Mar 15, 2014 rated it it was ok
*I received a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review

Lynsie and Lincoln are married and in love. They've been married for a few years and they are ready to take the next step in their marriage. From the beginning, the love between these two could be felt. They were so happy. Every time I flipped a page I was waiting for that moment were everything was going to fall to pieces.

I absolutely loved Dex. He was my favorite part in the whole book. Dex is Lincoln's best friend and also a pilo
Kelly
Jul 02, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-read
I don't understand the high reviews for this one. It wasn't terribly written, but it dragged the entire book. At 50% through I was going to quit it was so slow, but stuck it out and skimmed the rest. Kind of annoyed I wasted my time. I am a crier reading books and I didn't shed a single tear in this one. I felt absolutely no connection to Dax or Lynsie other than maybe annoyance. I couldn't tell if the book wanted to be sweet southern charm or a sex book since it would go from one to the next. N ...more
Bethany Lyke
Nov 30, 2016 rated it did not like it
DNF I'm sorry, I tried. Got to 24% but I just cant. I understand what's supposed to happen in the story, and I get it, but the whole time she's with her loving husband she's totally obsessed with his best friend! Even though she loves her husband too but thats ALL she talks about. Its like shes some 14 yr old obsessed girl! and the writing is way too immature for me everything was "hot" I just couldn't get into it.
Ena May - Swoon Worthy Books/Enticing Journey Book Promotions
First I want to start off by saying I have always been in Erika’s corner cheering her on to follow her dream of writing and I have enjoyed reading all her books but this one is so much different. I am so very proud of her for taking the chance on a military romance and nailing it. She has shown so much growth in her writing and I was blown away by Broken Wings.

Although I can’t go into great detail about the story without giving it away I can tell you that Broken Wings was absolutely beautiful. T
Mandie Foxylutely
*ARC provided by the author in exchange for my honest review.

Epic. That was the word that entered my head the minute I had finished this ‘unputdownable’ book. I am over the moon that Ms Ashby was persuaded to do a military story and with that she has created an absolutely beautiful and heart wrenching tale that deservedly is a five star (ten stars!) read for me.

Lynsie Fox is the woman who has everything but then tragedy strikes leaving her with nothing, or is there hope she has been given a seco
Megan Fall
Dec 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I think I cried through this whole book. Most books only have about a chapter before the character dies, this one had about a third of the book. I really got to know Lincoln and the rest of the story broke my heart. A great read, but absolutely gutted me!!
Three Chicks
Mar 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5 Fantastic Stars!

I loved this book, hard. It made me feel ALL the feels. I was all over the place emotionally. I finished the book Thursday and it's Monday, I am still thinking about it. 2% in, I already loved Lynsie, Lincoln, and Dax. I feel like that’s a tough thing to do, grab someone’s attention from the get go. And the whole beginning had me feeling a strong sense of foreboding. Like I knew something terrible was going to happen the whole time. And as much sadness as there was in this book
Christina
Mar 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
"Live life to the fullest, no matter what comes your way."

Lynsie Pearl is a military child who of course married a military man. She is beautiful, smart, and funny. Her life was complete with her husband Lincoln Fox by her side.

Lincoln Fox is a pilot in the Army. He is good at what he does. He is lucky not only is he serving with his best friend Dax Adams but also with his father in law.

Lincoln is Hot let me tell you and the things that come out of his mouth...

"Nothing about you could ever bor
4.5 Stars

Warning: Make sure you have a box of tissues sitting next to you while reading Broken Wings. With that said, there also moments of love, healing, intimacy and joy, so don't allow the warning to deter you. This is a beautifully written story that touches your soul.

The synopsis for the book is vague and to say anything at all about the details in the book would be a spoiler. I will say though that the plot was intriguing, the storyline was extremely well written and the character developm
Mandy
This is one of the most beautiful and amazing books I have ever read. It's hard to review without giving too much away but this book will touch your heart. The main character, Lynsie, is so strong. Lincoln and his best friend Dax are both so amazing and sweet. This book is incredibly emotional and I don't think anyone could read it without crying but there is also a little humor and a lot of love in this book. The way this book was written is brilliant - it pulls you, touches your heart and stay ...more
Mare
Mar 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wow!!! I am not one for writing reviews unless the book is so bad I feel like I have to warn people away from it. I have to write something quick for this..... This book was amazing. I was afraid to keep reading but didn't want it to end. It's an emotional roller coaster. Happiness, devastation, despair, tenderness, love, healing. Wow. I wish I knew how to put into words how amazing this book was.
Dina ~Prude No More~
Oct 19, 2014 rated it it was ok
Honestly.... This book just didn't do it for me. I hate to DNF things, but I would have saved myself 3 weeks of trying to finish this book if I had. I could have told you exactly what was going to happen after the 1st few chapters.

Super predictable + Super repetitive = super zzzzzzzzzzz

I wanted to love it. I was in the mood for an emotional read, it just felt at times the author was trying too hard to make you "feel the pain" and it ended up feeling a tad cheesy.

Bummer.
Rachel
Mar 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
So very emotional but such a great book! Words cannot describe the tragedy in this book. And the damn Tower tape. Omg I was bawling all over again. Dax was simply amazing. It is so refreshing to read books that have nothing to do with manwhores! I loved everything about this book! And it is my favorite out of the books she has written so far. Her first book is a close second!!
Mstotleben
Jan 25, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2-star
I know I'm in the vast minority. For was was praised as a heartbreaking story, I got choked up once. The entire story was completely predictable. It was full of misspellings, inconsistencies and holes, and the timeline between the death of husband/soulmate and new love was rushed.
BB
Nov 16, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-f
Stopped reading at 4%

Bad dialogues, just couldn't read further.
Tantalizing
Mar 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, ugly-cry

Before I even read Broken Wings I knew it was going to be a tearjerker what I didn't expect was this full on emotional assault on my heart. This book completely broke me. Erika Ashby hit this one out of the park.

Lynsie and her husband Lincoln are insanely happy, and ready to start a family. He loves her with everything he has, and she loves him back just as much. Lincoln is a pilot in the Army, and is on the fast track to moving up the ranks.

Dax is Lincoln's best friend and fellow pilot. He is
Rustys
Mar 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Romance, heartbreak and new beginnings are what wait for the reader.
Author Erika Ashby has certainly out done herself with moments of tenderness, soft-spoken words of love and heart wrenching pain. Well versed when detailing life in the military, she did her homework.
I’ve been a fan since reading her first book Moving Forward and that’s exactly what she has done.

I would suggest you have the tissues ready; you are going to need them.
I love a story that can bring me to tears and then cause my he
C-Money
Mar 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
ARC provided for a honest review.

Where do I start with a book like this?

I feel like I need a drink. Like a big, tall bottle of Angry Orchard to sooth my soul after this book. It was an emotional and beautiful read. The writing was amazing and I feel like the author really knew what she was writing about. The pain and the heartache is written so real that I honestly felt like my heart was breaking.

This is a story that I would imagine is very real. It is probably someone out there's reality and
Letty  (Cover to Cover Book Blog Reviewer)
Erika Ashby has outdone herself with this book. I have read all her previous works, but this one is by far her best.

I was blown away by the story and the myriad of emotions that it evokes. One piece of advice though, DO NOT READ WHILE AT WORK!!! There is a slight chance that people might look at you funny when they see you crying your eyes out ;-)

I fell in love with this wonderful trio; Lynsie and Lincoln, the perfect married couple, and Dax, their best friend, whom they can always count on. Whe
Cara Q
Mar 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Great book! I was so hesitant to purchase this book because of the preview of the story. I was thinking how on earth am I going to like reading a book about a girl who loses her husband and then jumps in bed with his best friend. I just didnt think I could get on board with something like that, but I was WRONG! I tried the sample and was hooked. Erika developed all the characters and let us have a glimpse of Lynsies relationship with her husband before his death. We fell in love with Linc and Da ...more
Nicole Naranjo
Mar 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
"When you feel like falling, don't forget to spread your wings." Ok, so I knew going into this book that something tragic was going to happen but I wasn't prepared for the emotional roller coaster. This was a beautiful story of love,loss, friendship, and moving on. I loved this book and all the characters and could've read more. Lincoln was a beautiful, loving,sexy and selfless person. I love Dax and his loyalty to his best friend and his determination to see Lynsie through the heartbreak not ta ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Beg (God of Rock Duet, #2)
  • Freeze Frame (Snapshot, #1)
  • Resurrecting Phoenix
  • Love's Suicide (Love's Suicide, #1)
  • Gravity
  • A Cry for Hope (Hope, #1)
  • Luke's Present (Morning Report, #3.5)
  • Fragile Bonds
  • Forever Your Concierge (Concierge, #2)
  • A Little Broken
  • Kismet (Kismet, #1)
  • Breach Of Contract (Bound #2)
  • Beautiful Liar (The Masquerade Series, #2)
  • Ace (Moonshine Task Force, #4)
  • Of Dark and Bright (Dark Horse, #3)
  • Every Breath (Every Life, #1)
  • Fighting Redemption
  • Escapades (Trident Ink #1)
Being born an "Army Brat", Erika Ashby has been residing in Oklahoma the last 10 years finally putting an end to the nomad tendencies she had grown accustomed to. She's a happily married woman who has 5 kids between her and her husband. She has an insane passion for music and a sweet spot for drummers. It wasn't until the age of 29 that she realized she also had a hidden passion for reading; befo ...more

Broken (2 books)
  • Brokenness (Broken, #1.5)
“Well, to me the purpose of reading, or in my case listening, is to be taken somewhere else. I want to be transformed and placed in another reality. I don’t want to hear about stuff that can actually happen in real life.” 1 likes
“—Leonardo DiVinci” 0 likes