Start by marking “Aloha Also Means Goodbye” as Want to Read:
Aloha Also Means Goodbye

Aloha Also Means Goodbye

Jo and Jordan tied the knot five years ago in a mud hut in the middle of Zambia far from all their friends and family. Now they're in Hawaii for a big wedding vow renewal ceremony elaborately planned by Jo's mother. There's just one small issue, there’s something wrong with the wedding license issued in Africa and only Jo knows.

Little does she know that the wedding license
Published November 1st 2013 by Sand Hill Review Press (first published October 31st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Aloha Also Means Goodbye, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Aloha Also Means Goodbye

Dana
Mar 20, 2014 rated it it was ok
dnf @ 40%

I tried really hard to finish this book and soldier through it, but you get to a point in a miserable reading experience where you start to wonder what's the point? Reading this book turned something I love (reading) into a huge chore. While I am always very reluctant to give up on a book, I felt that attempting to finish this would just make me too miserable.

Since I was not able to finish this novel my opinions of it are only for the first 40%.

I did not like any of the characters, the
Jacqueline Cromwell
May 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was a really great book! It is an adult fiction book that really draws you in. It looks at life and regret and the burying of the past with promise of a future. A woman goes to renew her vows only to run into the love of her life. Who will she end up with? It really does surprise...

While it is easy reading, it is super engaging and you find yourself having to read just one more chapter for hours.

I can't wait to see what Jessica Rosenberg's next book will be.

Sasha
Mar 24, 2014 rated it liked it
I was provided a copy from Netgalley.

3.5 stars here. The beginning was slow and I thought I had the book figured out. Then a few twists and I was hooked. It moves very slow at first but I enjoyed it once the fiancé Jordan showed up. It's a cute chick read and I'd love to have this for a summers read!
Barb
Mar 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book from NetGally in exchange for an honest review. I was vacationing in Hawaii and was looking for a light beach read. This book started like that, but turned into much more. I enjoyed the character development and the way the plot took off in unexpected directions. I would recommend this as relatively light read but with some substance.
Isis Ray-sisco
Jul 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Aloha Also Means Goodbye by Jessica Rosenberg is wonderful romance that I enjoyed immensely. It was well written and had characters that I cared about. Aloha Also Means Goodbye is Jordan and Jo’s story however there are two other romances that play out throughout the pages as well. It is a story of great loss, love found, and closure from the past. I hope to read more about the characters in the book in the future. I would definitely pick up another book by this author.

Jo thought she had everyth
Jeannie Zelos
May 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Aloha Also Means Goodbye. Jessica Rosenberg
Review from Jeannie Zelos Book reviews.
I love romance novels but they need to have something different to lure me in, and the tropical setting of this one did it for me. So we meet Jo and her friends who're there having a batchelorette party a few days before her wedding...and then we meet Jo's ex, Andy, who's there with his two kids, on a holiday without his wife. She's done a runner, but he's come on the holiday anyway. Seeing them is rubbing salt in
Kristy
I got this from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

Honestly I don't know if I can finish this. I'm so confused, and I'm starting to get more and more frustrated and angry with the story.

It starts out with Jo finding out her ex is on at the same Hawaiian resort as she has just arrived at to renew her wedding vows. It bounces back and forth between Jo and Andy's POV. They are both still hurting years after their split. A split that both seem to have different memories of.

Jo cries quite a
Kathy
Feb 03, 2014 rated it liked it
With its lush tropical setting, Jessica Rosenberg's Aloha Also Means Goodbye is an ideal beach read. It is a mainly light-hearted romance with Jo and Jordan planning to renew their wedding vows, but their upcoming ceremony is threatened when Jo is confronted by her unresolved past.

Aloha Also Means Goodbye is off to a strong beginning, but it quickly gets bogged down by too many storylines. The main story arc focuses on Jo and her sudden doubts about whether she and Jordan belong together. These
Lori Palmer (Palmer's Page Turners)
View my full review at http://palmerspageturners.blogspot.co...

Note: I received this ebook from NetGalley. This is my honest review.

Jo and Jordan got married in Africa five years ago--and now they're in Hawaii for big wedding/vow renewal ceremony, planned by Jo's mother. However, Jo finds out that their marriage in Africa wasn't legal--and hasn't told anyone yet. Jo is also forced to come face to face with her past when her ex-fiancé Andy shows up on the island with his kids. Luckily, her two be
Dava Stewart
Jun 02, 2014 rated it liked it
I like a romance now and then, and since it's summertime it seemed like a good time to enjoy a romantic tale. This one was a little "meh" for me though. There were too many happy endings, that were a bit too much of a stretch for my taste. That doesn't mean that it is a poorly written book, simply that it isn't what I prefer.

Every character in the book has a happy, neatly wrapped, ever-after, and there are rich, heroic, perfect men, and a beautiful setting, and plenty of descriptions of great s
May 01, 2014 rated it liked it
This book it about 2 people who were madly in love and then loss causes them to loose touch. Then years later they run into each other on a remote Island and try and decided if they need to be back together or if something else hold the feature.

Ok so I felt like there was lot going on in this book. I felt like the author was trying write 3 stories in one and to me at some point it just didn't flow right. I felt like it would have been better if she would have wrote each story separate instead of
Jaxy
Feb 10, 2014 rated it did not like it
Note: I received an advanced copy from Netgalley, courtesy of the publisher.

I could not get into this book at all. Far-fetched and contrived. I abandoned ship very early on, because I didn't like the characters, and I had zero interest in finding out what happens.

The protagonist is about to renew her wedding vows (yes, she's already married) with her husband in Hawaii. A remote area of Hawaii. And guess who is there? Her ex-boyfriend that broke her heart. With his young daughter from another w
Sally Knotwell
Oct 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
Cute, cute, cute book. A comedy of errors finds our heroine, Jo, at a resort in Hawaii, preparing for a renewal of vows ceremony to Jordan, a man she met in Zambia and married there when she ran away from her relationship with Andy. The only problem with that is the marriage license issued in Zambia isn't quite legal and nobody knows this except Jo's best friend. Jo runs into Andy and his two children at the resort in Hawaii (his two kids are named after Jo) and that muddies the waters of true l ...more
Kristina Ludwig
Mar 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Aloha Also Means Goodbye is an incredibly fun read. Jo and her two besties head to Hawaii for the renewal of her wedding vows, but crazy hijinks ensue. Between the unexpected arrival of Jo's old flame, Roxy's rather interesting choice in crushes, and Sadie's head-over-heels love affair with a bartender with a surprising secret, this book kept me entertained all the way through.

Author Jessica Rosenberg creates fun and likable characters, and deftly weaves together numerous equally-interesting su
Melissa Cheslog
May 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really had fun with this book. Jo and Jordan are in Hawaii to do the big wedding for her mother because they got married five years before in Africa. However, Jo's ex-fiancee Andy is there with his kids making Jo question the past. Add in Sadie and Roxie, Jo's best friends, her mom Maryanne with her own little secret, a hotel manager and sharks...this book has it all. The characters are endearing and funny. The plot moves quickly and feels as though the reader is right there watching it all un ...more
Erika Sim
Jan 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
I like chick-lit, mindless reading at times, but this was so much more than that. Each character was multi-dimentional and the storyline delved into deeper themes such as infertility, mother-dtr relationship, what is really home. You get sucked into the plot and the ending is very unpredictable! The writing captures the subtle emotions of each character and once you start you can't put the book down!
Ellen Christian
Aloha Also Means Goodbye is set in a gorgeous tropical location which makes it a nice change from the cool weather in Vermont and gives the story a bit of an exotic feel. There is enough suspense in the story to keep me flipping the pages and unsure of which way the story will end. I couldn’t decide whether Jo would renew her vows with Jordan or get involved with Andy again. All in all, Aloha Also Means Goodbye is a nice, light summer read that’s the perfect choice to tuck in your beach bag.
Cary
Jun 07, 2014 rated it it was ok
This was a free Kindle book so my expectations were not set too high. Lots going on in this book with 4 separate love stories happening. The name of a character at the beginning of each chapter was a bit off-putting! I would rather had just had the story unfold. A tad much with the foul language which could have been left out and still had the point made. All's well that ends well but these were just characters in a book after all...
Katy M
Jun 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Touching, poignant, wondeful

I never put spoilers in my reviews.
This book is a wonderful, well written story about life, love and letting go of the past in order to take hold of the future.
Well crafted, well edited, 3 dimensional story. Definitely not formulaic. Worth reading.
I hope there is a sequel, or sequels, so I can find what happens in the secondary stories.
Sue
Mar 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: adult-fiction
This book offers the perfect escape to a Hawaiian paradise, for the reader! The vacation is anything but perfect for friends that had been planning a "renewal of vows" ceremony. From an absent wedding planner to an ever present shark, the old adage "whatever could go wrong,will go wrong", is definitely represented in this book. This is a fun "escape" read after a long day of work!
Blythe
Sep 11, 2014 rated it liked it
2 1/2 stars...I found the storylines quite contrived at times and it was hard to connect with characters until maybe 3/4 of the way through. It seemed that characters were a bit inconsistent.

However, I did feel the location was a plus (Hawaii) along with the addition of a Hawaiian love interest. I also liked that the wedding wasn't typical. Overall though, not a must-read.
Lynn Smith
May 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Talking about a lot happening in one week. Emotional overload. Jo goes to Hawaii with her two best friends to renew her vows with her husband Jordan. Their first marriage wasn't valid, her ex fiancee is there with his children, her mother is taking over. Now she isn't even sure she wants to marry Jordan. Great novel, good character depth.
Cathleen
Jul 05, 2014 rated it it was ok
I really wanted to like this book, but its ALL over the place. Just when I thought I would understand why a character was doing or thinking something the next line would contradict it. Way to much going on.
Jackie Grapa
Jan 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love the story. The personalities of the characters are so realistic, they invite you to find out more about them and about the story that brings them together. It's a light read full of emotion. It shows the power of love and forgiveness.
Amanda Cowan
Jan 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Such a fun read. I loved the supporting characters as much as I liked Jo and Jordan. This had me picturing lots crazy antics taking place in paradise. The various story lines wove together nicely and I really enjoyed reading it.
K.D. Shepherd
Sep 08, 2014 rated it liked it
Fun, easy read. You can see some of the "trials" the characters face coming in the distance, and fortunately, they aren't dragged out till you want to throw the book across the room in annoyance. Although, there are times I wanted to step into the pages with a prodding iron and burn some butt!
Janine Nickel
Jan 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Every time I thought I knew what was going to happen I was pleasantly surprised! This was a fun read that kept me guessing. Loved the characters and the story. It makes me want to fall in love all over again!
Kathleen Downey
Jan 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful book

I cannot even begin to explain how wonderful this book was. The characters and storyline were spectacular. The author brings you right into the story and keeps you there right to the very end. Fantastic.
Hillary
Jul 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What a great book! This is the perfect summer beach read - great characters, in a beautiful location with romance and suspense and surprises.
Michelle's Book
Apr 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Good read.

I was given an ARC in exchange for my honest opinion. This book cover is on my Pinterest board and my blog, Michelle Dragalin’s Journey.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • The End Came With A Kiss (Beautiful Dead)
  • Private Air
  • The B-Side Diaries
  • Debut for a Spy
  • Deranged Marriage
  • Barefoot in the Dark
  • The Woman of Her Adversary's Desires (The Woman of the Billionaire's Dreams, #3)
  • Use Your Words: A Writing Guide for Mothers
  • Sex With The Ex
  • Hidden
  • Diamonds are a Teen's Best Friend (Living Blond, #1)
  • The Damned Summer (The Ruin Trilogy)
  • Princess in the Making
  • Waiting Game
  • Peace
  • One Step Away (Bedford Falls, #1)
  • Conflict of Interest (Version 2.0 #2)
  • Blended: Writers on the Stepfamily Experience
I was born in France long, long time ago, but I didn't become an avid reader until I moved to the States years later.

I still remember sneaking Trixi Belden mysteries out of my sister's room and reading them with a flashlight under the covers in my bed. I honestly believed I had both my mother and sister hoodwinked by my clever subterfuge. (Oh how sweet and innocent children can be...)

I was a read