Start by marking “Animal Instincts (Kindred Souls, #1)” as Want to Read:
Animal Instincts (Kindred Souls, #1)

Animal Instincts

(Kindred Souls #1)

Half-human, half-Kindred, Luc Lazare doesn’t want more complications in his life. He's focused on protecting his shapeshifting family and love is the last distraction he needs.

Skye Cross has the ability to talk to animals. Her most recent animal rescue mission–stopping an alleged dog fight–actually involved shifters in a primal battle. Her investigation leads her to Luc,
Published November 25th 2013 by Entangled: Ignite

To ask other readers questions about Animal Instincts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Animal Instincts

Cassandra
Jan 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My Thoughts - 4 out of 5 Unicorns - I really liked it!!!
***I choose what I read and review based on what intrigues me!! Yes, I got a review copy of this book, but no one tells me what to think, feel, or write about any book!

The cover is awesome! I love when both forms are on the cover.

This is my first time reading Patricia’s work, and it is also the first book in a new series! This book is for adults only due to the violence and adult topics. This book does have gambling and betting on illegal
A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol)
I can't even with this book.

*Book source ~ NetGalley

DNF @42%

Luc Lazare is half human and half something else. I don’t know what because I gave up at 42%. Skye Cross is also something, but at least she conveniently finds her mother’s old Book of Powers right when she needs it to explain what’s going on with the wonky things she can do. And it’s a good thing she reads that book out loud to her brother’s ghost so Luc an listen outside an open window and hear what she is since he keeps asking her ev
Neyra ♦

I love paranormal romances and Animal Instincts seemed right up my alley, I love shapeshifter novels there's just something so delicious about an alpha-born hero with true animal instincts, but lord did I want to shoot Luc; and please let’s not get started on the female.

When Skye stumbles into an animal battle arena, her first reaction is to run in there and stop it all from happening. That is until her twin brother shows up and warns her to stay away. She's not about to stand on the side while
Alex (HEABookNerd)
Jan 01, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-netgalley, dnf
DNF @ 25% (1/2/2018)

Skye's gift allows her to communicate with animals through pictures. But suddenly, she can now hear the thoughts of humans and she doesn't know why. Skye's brother, Shade, is investigating a string of murders and he may be on to what is really going on at the casino The Ark which has a secret, underground area that's invitation only. Luc is head of security at The Ark and he wants to know why Skye keeps showing up at places she doesn't belong.

That's about as far as I got befo
Bry
Jan 04, 2018 rated it it was ok
This book was an easy read that I finished in a few hours. The plot is straightforward, but I had to pretend a lot of things were different for that to be the case!

Overall the writing and dialog was a bit stilted and often repetitive. At one point the hero asks the heroine the same question 3-5 times in one convo and then a few more times the next time they meet. The word choices were often very odd as well. I.e. unless this book stars Bonnie and Clyde cops should not be referred to as coppers.
Mary Roya
Jan 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoy reading this Author's stories. She knows how to weaved a story. I thoroughly enjoyed the way this story included so many animals. I like the tension between the hero and heroine. I was surprised at the end on who the bad guy was. I do love adventure and mystery. Great read.
Angel Hatfield
Jan 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Skye could communicate with animals and usually saw images of their thoughts her twin brother Shade could hear people’s thoughts and was a cop. Shade was the other half to Skye’s souls. Skye worked with animal rescue as she also had a psychic connection with animals as well as her twin.But now a man Skye and she could hear his thoughts . skye had been looking for a wounded coyote and seen a lion, a wolf , and a hyena and he told them to leave and they did. Then Shade appeared and and asked what ...more
Carmella
Dec 18, 2017 rated it liked it
I received an AEC of this book and am voluntarily leaving an honest review.

Luc is part wolf, part human. He has never made the commitment to choose which side he was to embrace much to his father's dismay.

Sky works with Animal rescue. There have been a series of dog fights in the area and she is at the latest to try and help the animals they recover. Her brother, a detective, is there also and is angry at her for being in a dangerous situation. Hmm, seems he knows something she doesn't?

This is w
Bingeworthy Book Blog
Jan 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
I read a few books in The McKenna Legacy series when I was younger and fell in love, not just with the characters and family, but with the way Patricia Rosemoor writes. So when I was offered the chance to read an early copy of Animal Instincts, the first book in Patricia's new Kindred series, I jumped at the chance without even bothering to read the blurb.
Let me tell you: this book, it'll rip your heart out, shatter it completely and slowly repair the cracks throughout the story.
There's drama
Marsha Spohn
Reviewed at Keeper Bookshelf

Animal Instincts was originally published in November 2013, so it’s possible that you’ve read this title. I hesitated on requesting this title from NetGalley. Tule is a publishing house that I usually adore and trust, but I should have listened to those rumblings in my head that said, no, this one probably isn’t for you. Let me mention that Shifter Romance is my favorite genre, and any title in this sub-genre of Paranormal Romance has a lot to live up to for me.

While
Cynthia
Mar 07, 2018 rated it liked it
As a romance and Urban Paranormal novel, this one hits those two spots fairly well. It’s written without a lot of extra drama that can sometimes scuttle a story line he this. There is just enough steam to satisfy the romantic side too.

I see it’s a series and I’m still interested in the characters of Luc and Skye enough that I will probably try to read the next one.

Skye Cross loves animals and wants to protect them. Her brother Shade is a policeman who discovers that someone is holding deadly d
Sandi Ramirez
Jan 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Paranormal is one of my favorite genres to read so when I saw that Tule Publishing Group had a book in this style in there listings I jumped on board to give it a read. It took me a little while to get into this book when I started reading it but after awhile it did start to flow. To me this book was more of a mix of mystery and paranormal which made it almost its own unique form in itself. It is so different than most shifter books and that makes up for the slow start.

Skye Cross, has a very uni
Miriam Wolfe
Jan 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a voluntary review of an advanced copy.

This is a different take on shifters which takes a little bit to understand. The part about the choice each shifter (kindred) had to make to give up their souls was a bit unusual and shows how depraved the group is once they lose their soul. What was really strange and didn't quite make sense to me was that they could "buy" a soul for a bit and I really didn't see why if they were depraved would even want a soul.

Some days, I just want to read a roma
Paula
Jan 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Animal Instincts by Patricia Rosemoor is the first book I have read by this author. This is unusual since I have seen her name for several years, also finding that I even had purchased one that was part of a series not long ago. As for this book I found it to be an okay paranormal read. It has shifters, animal psychics and a ghost as all part of the cast.

The premise of animal rescue, stopping illegal fights, etc. made for a solid story-line. My biggest problem was I never could identify with th
Katherine Yearwood
Animal Instinct, re-release title from November 2013, published by Entangled a Paranormal Romance about Sky Cross who with her ability to communicate with animals. With her last assignment which involves saving canines involved in a primal battle to the death. Her investigation leads her to Luc a man who has secrets of his own. When her twin was killed investigation the same assignment, it is now up to Sky to release his soul, so he can move on.

Animal Instinct was a total surprise!!! It was the
Angie ~aka Reading Machine~
Jan 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Skye Cross is an animal lover working with Animal Control Unit ACU. Skye's twin brother Shade is a police officer investigating a series of murders without his partner's knowledge. Shade is killed in the line of duty, now Skye has to go it alone in finding her twin's killer. Luc Lazare is Kindred living between two worlds not belonging to either. Luc knows something is wrong in the Kindred world but can't put his finger on what. Luc meets Skye Cross and nothing is the same for him. Who killed Sh ...more
Denise Van plew
I use to read this author quite often but it had been a couple of years. When I seen this one especially with it being the beginning of a series had to check it out. Skye and Luc are the ones this centers around even though both with have characters in their corner that will build this one into a story in a world that will keep you stuck to it. I enjoyed also the interlacing of humor in this too especially when others questioned Skye. This was a bit different then the running fair that can be fo ...more
Sissy's Romance Book Review
3.5 Stars
Animal Instincts by Patricia Rosemoor is the first book in the series " Kindred Souls". This is the story of Luc Lazare and Skye Cross. Luc is working to help save his family from a bad situation and doesn't have time for distractions. Skye too is looking to help the animals she is able to connect with which leads her to where she is now with Luc.
This was a pretty interesting read and I will look for more books by this author.
Karen Roma
Jan 02, 2018 rated it liked it
3 stars with a push......

As a long time lover of paranormal romance, I had high hopes for Animal Instincts after reading the synopsis. Unfortunately, the world building was lacking and the main characters were unlikeable and irritating for the most part.

The story never really got off the ground and the floundering chemistry between the leads was extremely frustrating throughout the story. I really had to push to finish this one.
L.H. Brown
Unfortunately, I just didn't enjoy this as much as I thought I would. It started to lose my interest pretty early on, but I stuck with it to see if that would change. It didn't.
It might be just me, but the story seemed kind of crammed. As if the author wanted to put as much information as possible in so many chapters. It was just a bit much at times.
Maggie
Dec 15, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
I received an advanced copy of Patricia Rosemoor’s Animal Instincts from the publisher, Tule Publishing, via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. Thank you, Tule Publishing, for taking the chance on a new blog.

This book is a paranormal romance centred around a young woman, Skye Cross, who has a psychic connection with animals and routinely works in connection with the police force’s Animal Crimes Unit and Animal Care and Control to work towards shutting down the rampant animal fighting ri
ShinyObject
Dec 01, 2017 rated it it was ok
I received a copy of Animal Instincts by Patricia Rosemoor from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

I was intrigued by the summary of Animal Instincts by Patricia Rosemoor, but I thought the world building was clumsily done and the book was flat from the start and never recovered/improved.
KimberlyDawn
Jan 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Animal Instincts is book one in the Kindred Soul series. Skye's ability to talk to animals leads her on an investigation straight to Luc. When a tragedy strikes Skye's family, she teams up with Luc to figure out what happened. They go back and forth regarding getting along, but will they find more than what they are looking for in the end? A good book.
Susan Underbrink
Dec 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

A big thank you to NetGalley for the ARC. I am voluntarily reviewing this book. I found the book to be enjoyable. I rated it a 3.5. I personally would have liked additional information on protectress/kindred. The story was different and intense. I think if you like paranormal romance you would find this interesting.
Donnajo
I voluntarily read and reviewed a advanced reader's copy of this book.

The first book in the Kindred Souls series Animal Instincts by Patricia Rosemoor. This book is not my usual type of book to read but I liked the romance and storyline of the book. If you enjoy reading fantasy books with shape shifters and humans this book is for you.
P Leslie
Jan 06, 2018 rated it it was ok
*I voluntarily read this book. All opinions stated are solely my own and no one else's*

I really wanted to like this one but sadly no matter how hard I tried, I just couldn’t get into the story.

I struggled to connect to the characters and Luc constantly saying, ‘what are you?’ - irritated me.

I’ll admit the overall premise of the book was intriguing but it just didn’t live up to my expectation.
Jan 02, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2018-challenge
I don't think I have ever read a book by this author before and now having read some of this one I know why. It was written like a child wrote it. Jumping from one place to another and I couldn't get into it to save my life. I love shifters, but this one was terrible to me.
Kathy Brickert
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great story

A new author for me but an exciting discovery! This was a new shifter world and a new look to things! Loved it! Makes you cry and say 'awe" all at the same time! Great read!
Tracie R
Dec 08, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgally
2.5/3 Stars Animal Instinct missed the mark for me. I couldn’t connect with the characters and the storyline seemed disconnected in parts. I will read more by this author but this one just wasn’t for me
Monica Mertz
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing from start to finish

Lots of twists and turns, and constant action throughout. Loved the story and the world that was built. Great read.
With 100 novels and more than seven million books in print, New York Times & USA Today bestselling author Patricia Rosemoor is fascinated with "dangerous love" – combining romance with danger. She has written various forms of romantic and paranormal romantic thrillers, bringing a different mix of thrills and chills to her stories.

Kindred Souls (2 books)
  • Animal Attraction (Kindred Souls #2)