Start by marking “Unbreakable (Cypress Grove, #1)” as Want to Read:
Unbreakable (Cypress Grove, #1)

Unbreakable

(Cypress Grove #1)

Being adopted by one of the wealthiest families in the country Lilly Sumnor should have had a life of luxury. But being hated by her adopted mother Jane for reasons no one seemed to know, made Lilly's life one of mental and physical abuse. It wasn't until the day that a young Lilly met their gardener's son Luke Hansen did she ever feel like she had something to look ...more
Published September 1st 2013 by Kindle Direct

To ask other readers questions about Unbreakable, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unbreakable

Start your review of Unbreakable (Cypress Grove, #1)
Renee
Sep 04, 2017 rated it liked it
Potential. . . Delayed

More story, less orgasms would make for a better read. Had a decent storyline but everything was secondary to hooking up all the young adults for constant sexcapades. When a normal adult woman starts skimming OVER the sex scenes, it has gone from erotic to beyond gratuitous. I'd like to see where the story goes but not enough to endure more of the same in the sequel.
Amie Morgado- We Stole Your Book Boyfriend
A great story filled with love and tons of suspense.
Lilly was adopted by Ted and Jane Sumnor , who happen to be some of the wealthiest people in Louisiana. This does not mean that Lilly lives a charmed life , quite the opposite actually. Lilly is hated , physically and mentally abused for 18 years of her life by her adoptive mother Jane. Where does this hate come from ?? That is just one mystery this story will try to unfold. The only joys in Lilly's life come from the live in maid , Miss.
Autumn
Nov 27, 2013 rated it liked it
This book was well written but there are spots in the middle of the story that kind of stalled out for me. I am glad that I pushed through because it picks up and I love the ending. The author leaves you wanting more.

Lilly is an abused and neglected girl. Her step mother hates her and beats her for the smallest thing. Her father is never home and when he is he keeps his distance. I really feel for Lilly in this part of the book. The people that are suppose to love her the most don't care.
Donna
Feb 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I stumbled onto this book after reading Amie's Deep Blue Series. I was so taken in by her writing style that I just had to have more, then I found this little baby. Turns out, this was written BEFORE the Deep Blue Series, so I wondered why I hadn't heard of it before now. As I sit here writing this, I still don't have the answer to that question. This truly was a hidden gem. There was just so much to love about this book.

We are introduced to Lilly as a shut in teenager suffering at the hands of
Magic Within the Pages
May 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Reviewer : Cheryl
Rating : 4 Stars

**Copy received from Author in exchange for an honest review**

The main character of this story is Lilly Sumnor. The adopted millionaire heiress to the Sumnor fortune after her adopted parents die from a car crash.

This story is filled with mystery and interesting twists and turns. As soon as the beginning starts there is no turning back. You figure out what it is that is happening, but the masks and facade is impenetrable unless you are close to the issue. Lilly
Donna
May 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Lilly Sumnor was adopted as an infant by Theodore and Jane Sumnor. She spent her whole life being hated by her “mother”, but never understanding why. Jane was verbally and physically abusive, but since the Sumnor’s were so well respected in Louisiana, it was useless for anyone to report the abuse. Jane had Lilly homeschooled and the only time she was allowed to leave the house was for her yearly checkup. Lilly’s only bright spot in life is Luke Hansen, the grounds keepers’ son. Luke would come ...more
Ang -PNR Book Lover Reviews
Apr 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A Fabulous suspense/ Romance, April 19, 2014

This review is from: Unbreakable (Cypress Grove Series) (Kindle Edition)
WARNING CLIFFHANGER!!!!
Unbreakable kept my attention the whole time i was reading, i really enjoyed the mystery that is Lilly Sumnor!
After Her "Adopted Parents" have Died Lilly is left with a lot of money.. aka.. A MILLIONAIRE worth of $$$

I loved the chemistry between Luke and Lilly it was of the charts sexy!! Perfect amount of Sex and Romance.

"He places a feather light kiss on my
Two Ordinary
Jun 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Unbreakable by Amie Nichols
4****
Lilly summor was adopted by a very wealthy family, everything look fine to the people looking in but behind closed doors everything is different.
Lilly's adopted mother Jane hates Lilly and is abusive towards her
Mrs Finnegan the housekeeper acts more of a mother to Lilly then Jane ever did she's the one of a few people who shows Lilly love, along with Jeffery the gardener and Luke his hot son who Lilly has fancied for so long.
They all know about the abuse but say
Beth Hurley
Apr 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed reading this book. It was a wonderful romance and a wonderful suspense book.
Lilly Sumnor was adopted by a wealthy family in Louisiana. Her adopted mom named Jane was a very cruel woman and was very abusive. Lily was never allowed to do anything. Lily never knew anything about her biological mom and after her adoptive parents die in a car wreck she finds some clues about her biological mom. Lily is in love with Luke. Luke is the handymans son who has helped his dad out with the
Hooked On Books
May 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was a rather good story, about Lilly Sumnor. She was adopted into a very wealthy family & on the surface, everything looked perfect. Sadly Lilly’s adopted mother Jane hates her & is very abusive towards her. Lilly’s only relief is from the Housekeeper Miss Finnegan & her friendship with Luke, who is the Gardeners Son. Luke is sent away, so he cannot cause trouble for Lilly, leaving her alone to suffer her abuse.

When her parents are killed in a car accident, Lilly is the sole
Amazeballs Book Addicts
May 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wow, this book is great. Mixed up some mystery, romance, voodoo, and a crazy stalker and you have this book. With all that mixed in there us never a boring moment int he story. It's a great read.

Lily's adoptive parents have passed a way and left her with a ton of money and property. As she looks deeper into her property and the papers her father has left, she begins to try to figure out who her mother was.

Lily has always had a crush on Luke. He has been gone for a while when he returns, there
Karen Voitik
Jul 28, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This story was a hard one to figure out. The love story came to fruition so quickly, I was afraid that it wouldn't last. I really , really wanted it to last! Luke and Lilly's love story was beautiful. There was a mystery, why did her step mom hate her so? Watching Lily grow into herself after her parents's death was heartening, especially after all the abuse she suffered early on.

Just when you get to know all of Lily's friends, there is another mystery. She has a stalker. Who is it? Will he get
TheWriter
I received this book in exchange for an honest review!!!!! Let me first say I really liked the story I thought that the plot was a great idea. Her characters were well developed, and there was a lot of characters that were crucial to the story. The problems that I had with the story was it seemed to drag in some places, almost like lets just throw this in to see if we can make it longer. In my opinion way to many HEA! (Personal preference) Lol! But overall I really did like the story the ...more
Maria York
Apr 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Unbreakable is a very intense, heartbreaking, loving and at times scary book. I felt bad for Lily as she was growing up with the situation that she was in. She is a strong, caring, courageous woman and fall in love with a very sexy, smart and strong man. Things happen and the twist that follows is something that is crazy. I can't wait to read the next part of this story!
Renee at Book Happiness
May 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was given this for an honest review. This book just pulls you in and keeps you there till the very last page. I was very surpised by this book. First I was surpised and delighted with all the nicely done twist and turns. Then I was surpised with how much I fell in love with the characters. I truly enjoyed the whole book. I don't want to give away to much. I truly LOVED this book..
Peggy
Aug 14, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Not happy

I do not like to buy (even if I get it free) a book be interested in the story and eager to reach the finish ,and find out I have to buy another book to find out how it ends. That's not good . I will make note of this author and will not want or buy (free or not )anymore of this author's books. disappointed and discoussed.
Keishua
Apr 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Amie Nichols fan for life!!!!

Amie Nichols has done it again. I loved your Deep Blue Series, and the Cypress Grove series seems to be just as great. I am officially hooked. I can't wait for book 2.
Claire Simmonds
Jul 30, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
read this as part of the empower me book and it is a good story of a girl who is abused physically by her rich adopted mom an is left a millionare when she dies it a book of secrets an voodoo it will be intrestimg to see where next book leads
Shannon
May 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
woah! EXCELLENT book!!! I can't review this as of yet....I NEED BOOK TWO RIGHT NOW!!!
Anna-marie
Review on Ltmk Onbooks
Sandra Love
May 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Full review to come, during blog tour
Carson Carlisle
Nov 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
Romance, Action, mystery, and a little voodoo! What more could you ask for! Unbreakable has a good flow and interesting characters. Looking forward to the next book in the series!:)
Carmen
Melanie
Sep 09, 2014
Barbara Jent
May 01, 2014
I'm Amie Nichols, and this is my bio. I live in Iowa with my amazing, supportive husband. He is my rock and my king, and treats me like all woman should be treated. (Like a spoiled Queen)
I have two miniature dachshund's that are my babies, and they love to keep me company when I am writing away on my next WIP.
I'm about to publish my 6th book, and can hardly believe how my life has changed. I'm

Cypress Grove (2 books)
  • Unbreakable 2: The Mystery of Lilly (Cypress Grove, #2)
“Dream sweet, Lilly flower,” his words are like tiny pins pricking all over my skin.” 2 likes