Start by marking “Coming Home” as Want to Read:
Coming Home

Coming Home

Leah Marino hasn’t been on a date in two years. After discovering the man she loved had manipulated and deceived her, she refuses to even entertain the idea of a relationship. Instead, she focuses her attention on taking care of her family, a role she’s assumed since the death of her mother and the one place she knows her kindness won't be taken advantage of again.

When a n
Published January 20th 2014 by CreateSpace (first published January 19th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Coming Home, please sign up.
Kenna ♡ Don't worry, he's not a man slut or anything—his big secret is important to the storyline and like Tracey already said, it has nothing to do with an…moreDon't worry, he's not a man slut or anything—his big secret is important to the storyline and like Tracey already said, it has nothing to do with an ex-girlfriend or wife, or any chick. (less)
Kenna ♡ In my opinion, his big secret IS NOT TOO MUCH drama, and in fact, it is a BIG DEAL and a BIG PART OF THE STORY. This secret actually makes their love…moreIn my opinion, his big secret IS NOT TOO MUCH drama, and in fact, it is a BIG DEAL and a BIG PART OF THE STORY. This secret actually makes their love stronger and deepens their connection. It's not too dramatized at all. This is a beautifully written love story. (less)
Archer's Voice by Mia SheridanMaybe Someday by Colleen HooverCity of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra ClareThe One by Kiera CassRaw by Belle Aurora
Best Books of 2014
3,419 books — 5,869 voters
Archer's Voice by Mia SheridanMaybe Someday by Colleen HooverUgly Love by Colleen HooverPlay by Kylie ScottBeautiful Player by Christina Lauren
Top Ten Romances Of 2014
776 books — 3,166 voters

More lists with this book...

Aestas Book Blog
Nov 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites

Holy WOW -- this book was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G !!!!

Coming Home was a captivating, beautifully written and deeply heartfelt romance that left me with the powerful message that love is stronger than anything. This is the kind of story that grabs a hold of your heart and doesn't let go. It was a joy to read and I loved every single word -- from the first page to the very last.

I honestly can't even describe how full my heart felt while I was reading this. Throughout the whole story, there was this quiet
Kristen
4 to 4 1/2–Wonderfully Written and Character Driven–Stars

This beautifully written and touching story was exactly what I needed to help get me out of my book funk!!!

Coming Home has so much to offer its readers in terms of an unique and emotional plot, a powerful and poignant love story, and characters so richly developed that they breath life into each and every page. I fell in love with this book, its hero and heroine, and its ability to make me feel.

I love when I read a story and the author
Lady Vigilante (Feifei)
DNF at 25%

If I had read this a year ago, I'd probably be singing Ms. Glenn's praises and recommending this book to all my GR buddies. Unfortunately, time flies and tastes change. Though I loved both Emancipating Andie and Back to You, this book didn't make enough of an impression for me to want to finish. Reason?

description

If you are a hopeless romantic and enjoy reading slow-building romances, then you may very well like this one; however, for a dark reader who prefers fast-paced, action-packed stories,
Debra

★★★★ 4.5 stars!

"I could suffer through anything if you were my reward."

"I just don't know how many times I can bend before I break."
"But it's okay if you bend," she said earnestly. "It's okay if you break. I'm not going anywhere."

Coming Home is a beautifully written, heartbreakingwarming story that I really enjoyed reading. I'm not going to give away too much about the story in this review because there are some things you better not know before reading it. I will say though that even thou
Natasha is a Book Junkie
 photo PriscillaGlenn_FBBanner1_zps2d3d87dd.jpg

6 STARS OF PERFECTION!!!

I am so full of emotions right now, I feel like I could start twirling, arms stretched out, and start singing about the hills being alive…! This book was my undoing, cover to cover, every word, every genuine emotion it provoked in me taking me further and further from reality and keeping my mind safely tucked in one of the most exquisite, deeply moving, but also truly uplifting stories I have ever read in my life. This is a story that didn’t just touch me – it owned me.
♡Karlyn P♡

3.5 - 4* 'Stand By Your Man cuz he has a BIG OL' SECRET!' Stars

COMING HOME was such a sweet and emotional romance. If you like the tortured hero and a heroine who stands by her man plot, and you don't mind a slower paced romance that takes its time to really bloom, you will enjoy this one. I had some issues with the slower pacing and low angst level, and got pretty darn frustrated with the BIG OL’ SECRET, but it was undeniably a solid love story romance I won't soon forget.

Danny has a secret. A
Baba
Jan 23, 2014 marked it as couldn-t-get-into-it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf
DNF. There's probably nothing wrong with this book. It might be me cos I was bored out of my mind. Onwards…
Anna
Jan 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What a beautiful and unique story ❤❤❤ my heart just about shattered and now it's healed !!!

Nothing I say in a review can do this book justice ! It was amazing !!!!! ❤❤❤
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Jul 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.5 "My Sweet Girl" Stars!
(BR with Patty & Denisse)

photo 83340553-cbc3-440d-b1d4-60e960706d6b.jpg

photo 71ffee39-b9ad-4f91-b804-046109f5808f.jpg

Leah Marino is a 27 year old 10th grade English teacher who spends most of her time caring for her family. Her mother passed away and ever since she tried to take on her mother's role in the household.

photo 370bab5f-c178-4397-b93a-f896e898900a.jpg

She misses her mom terribly, and every year around the holidays she returns to her childhood home. She hasn't lived in the house in 15 years but still holds her memories there close to her heart. She moved out of the house when she was 12 af
*****3.5 Stars*****
(BR with Dee and Mel)

Leah Marino is a young woman who suffered a great loss when she was a young girl. Her mother was killed in a car accident and her father was so devastated that he packed up Leah and her siblings and moved to a new town. The family home was just filled with too many bittersweet memories of her mom.

Now Leah is 27, and for the past several years, she goes back to her old family home around the holidays out of feelings of nostalgia. This year the woman who liv
[~Ami~]♥Sexy Dexy♥
2 stars

This is one of those books where the girl has been cheated on in the past, the guy has some huge secret and pushes the girl away storyline.

I love the Author's previous 2 books but I felt apart from Leah and Danny, everyone were too cheerfully happy. My main problem was the story didn't hold my attention and I nearly DNF a handful of times. The big reveal wasn't shocking either.

Because for her, being in Danny's arms felt like coming home

I think if you like a sweet read with a touch of
AJ
ABSOLUTELY, STUNNINGLY BEAUTIFUL! ♥ ♥ ♥

Priscilla Glenn takes us on yet another breathtaking, emotional journey. I laughed, I swooned, I cried sobbed, and I fell in love - and I loved every freaking minute of it! Leah and Danny’s story is absolutely amazing. They are incredible characters – I love them individually and I love them together, and from the very beginning, I knew that this book was going to be something very special. So prepare for much gushing!

Leah is wary of relationships after ha
Dee Montoya
Jan 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: br
****4 Heartwarming Stars****

(BR with Mel and Patty)

This one is one of those books that even though you enjoy and find the story beautiful, you still feel like something was missing. The plot was promising and the writing style was good but it was too slow paced, making the reading experience a heavy one. I still liked the book, specially the last 30%, I got more emotion out that percentage than I did the whole book...

Danny and Leah meet under very fateful circumstances and the attraction is inst
✝✝ Ⓓaisy ❣ ✝✝

Coming Home was simply captivating and brilliant. It was such a touching story.

photo tumblr_inline_mh9kfvrs_D51qz4rgp.gif

Leah and Danny meet by chance when Leah comes back to visit her childhood home. When their world collide together, they need to decide whether they can move forward together, will they be strong 'nuff or will they just give up?

Danny with his mess of inky black hair took Leah's mind away.

photo 47742164e0b499989690ae30f5974861.jpg

And Leah with her strong, sweet and caring character couldn't get out of Danny's mind.

photo 0bb0a37e1afa6c5677e5358c92f79333.jpg

The thing is Danny wants to hide all his em
Dilek VT
Sep 25, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: dragging
2,5 stars rounded up to 3

In my opinion, this book is unfortunately an example of a wasted potential because of its writing.

The characters & the plot:

We have a really sweet heroine here. Her ex-boyfriend cheated on her and ruined her relationship with her family so for two years, she couldn’t dare to start a new relationship. Then, she meets our hero and falls for him instantly.

The hero is sweet, attractive and likable at first sight but he got on my nerves too quickly with his mood switches
Didi
Jan 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
~~~ 3.5 TO 4 STARS OR 7/10 ~~~

Coming Home was a sweet and different contemporary romance. Why I thought it was NA? I have no idea. Needless to say I was happy to find it wasn't...not that I don't like NA but after the last one I read, I didn't think any others could top it.
But this was really good even if it felt a little NA-ish.

Leah is a high school teacher that's sworn off men since the betrayal at the hands of her ex. She loves her job and loves her family and friends even more, only making
Paula
Nov 13, 2013 rated it really liked it

Priscilla Glenn has done it again! She has written another lovely and deeply touching story, where I would be laughing and smiling in one scene and then crying uncontrollably in the next scene. Everything Glenn writes feels so effortless and so natural. And I always have such an amazing and unique experience with her stories.

Every year, Leah Marino visits her childhood home around the holidays; reliving the happy memories from when her mother was still alive. This time on her visit, she meets a
✿kawehi.reviews
Nov 07, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
Coming Home is a very sweet romance that depicts two very different individuals who are given a rough set of cards.

Leah, is still reeling from a heartbreaking betrayal and the loss of her mother. She basically mothers her younger brother while contributing to him and her father but things are still hard for her.

Danny, on the other hand, is a mysterious mechanic facing the harsher reality of the consequences of his actions stemming from one drunken night at the bar.

When he meets Leah at his gr
Denise
Jan 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Perfection!! An orignal plot with extremely likable characters. I experienced the entire gamut of emotions. I went from laughter to angst to tears many times over. What more could you ask for? I also love books where you can witness the hero and heroine genuinely falling in love with each other over time and this fits the bill. I highly recommend!
Kelli C ~ Jack Sawyer's Heart
4.5 Beutifully Written Romantic Stars....

Coming Home was truly a great romance from the characters found within its pages to the actual story line itself. This contained the gamut of emotions that a great romantic read should have from that initial attraction and giddy expectations to the deep abyss of soul stealing, all consuming love. If you are a fan of a legit love story that is so well-written, then look no further than Priscilla Glenn.

"I could suffer through anything if you were my reward.
Anna Jackson
5+ Amazing Stars!!

This book was just amazing! It was such a deeply beautifully written book that truly captivated me from the very first chapter. This book is why I love to read books! I experienced so many emotions throughout this journey. I was touched beyond words, at the utter passion, strength, loyalty, and love Leah and Danny possess. Every bit of it was nothing short of perfect.

Leah, is a young lady who has had her fair share of heartbreak in her past. Losing her mother at a young age, a
Anne OK
Jan 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014-reads
There are so many great reviews on this book that I don't have much more to add. Suffice it to say that I thoroughly enjoyed and loved every minute spent reading this one.

This new-to-me author weaves a beautiful and passionate love story that captures both the darkest and brightest sides of life’s challenges. It snagged my heart from start to finish. There are surprises throughout this book including one of the sweetest proposals ever made by a hero who will most definitely win a place on your a
Plamena
Jan 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing story + Amazing characters! Review to come...

Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
**ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review**
 Megan • Reading Books Like a Boss (book blog)

"Being in Danny's arms felt like coming home."

Priscilla Glenn has me wrapped around her literary finger with her newest novel, Coming Home. Beautiful, enthralling and impassioned, Coming Home drills into you the message of love can conquer all, no matter what obstacles stand in your way.

Glenn has this unique ability to pull on my heartstrings and toy with my emotions in a way that keeps me coming back to her novels over and over again after reading them. The tone Glenn sets with her descrip
Andrea
Jan 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
First Impression... What a nice cover. I've loved both of Glenn's books, and hope the streak continues with Coming Home.

The Story... When Leah Marino revisits her childhood home, the kind owner befriends her, and introduces her to her grandson Danny DeLuca. Danny and Leah part ways, but don't want to let the connection go. A friendship forms, but Leah soon wants more. Danny runs hot and cold, and seems to have the weight of the world on his shoulders. Danny promises to tell Leah his secret, but
Rachel Reads Ravenously
3.5 stars rounded down

Where to start with this one… We all know the Mona Lisa right? While I admire the effort it took to create it, I recognize that it’s a great piece of work, but for me, it does not hold the wow factor that it does for other people. That’s what this book was for me. Now I’m not saying this book is the Mona Lisa of New Adult romances novels. I’m just saying I recognize the effort the author made writing this book, I think it’s beautifully written and very well developed, but
Alison
Nov 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I will not be able to give this book the credit it deserves. It was AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am completely in love with this book!
Great storyline!
All the characters were perfect, every single one of them!
It was funny!
It was so devastatingly sad!
It was steamy!
It was heartfelt!
It tore my heart out!
When someone can write a book where I feel like I am right there watching and feeling every emotion, that is what makes a 5 star book!

The scene of her birthday night, wow! It was written beautifully!

The s
Elizabeth (Liz)
Priscilla Glenn, you just never fail me! Loved this story and the characters!! Review To Come...
Siiri (Little Pieces of Imagination)
Priscilla Glenn is a fantastic author and don’t let this review tell you otherwise, okay? Because there will be some ranting, but let me tell you this: BACK TO YOU—Priscilla’s debut novel is one of my absolute favorite novels and Emancipating Andie was a good read as well. So these little occasional, very mild rants that are waiting for you in this review? Don’t take them that seriously ;)

“I don’t mind a little disappointment now and then. It just means you’ve got high standards. I’d rather shoo
Buddy Read Zone: Coming Home 1/22/14 37 57 Jan 24, 2014 02:58AM
  • Running Barefoot
  • Lifers
  • Fighting Redemption
  • Finding Eden
  • Into the Light (Chosen Paths, #1)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Simple Man
  • The Complete Emi Lost & Found Series (Lost & Found, #0.5-#3)
  • A Girl by Any Other Name
  • Remembering Joy (Joy, #1)
  • Greed (The Seven Deadly, #2)
  • Deeper (Caroline & West, #1)
  • Reclaiming the Sand (Reclaiming the Sand, #1)
  • The Last Hour (Thompson Sisters, #4)
  • Love, in Spanish (Love, in English, #1.5)
  • Draw Me In
  • Don't Make Me Beautiful
  • Undertow
Priscilla Glenn lives in New York with her husband and three children. She has been teaching English Language Arts for the past twelve years while moonlighting as a writer, mom, coach, student, and professional laundry-doer.
If you catch her when she's feeling sophisticated, she'll tell you her favorite things are great books and good wine. In the moments in between, she'll admit her love for anyt
“When you love someone, you don’t bail when it gets hard. That’s when you stay the most.” 34 likes
“It’s hard to watch someone you care about suffer. But when you love someone, you do it. You do it without question or reservation. You do it because there’s no other option—because the thought of being without them is a hundred times more excruciating than bearing their burden.” 23 likes