Start by marking “Compromising Miss Tisdale” as Want to Read:
Compromising Miss Tisdale

Compromising Miss Tisdale

(Regency Blooms #1)

Ambrosia Tisdale is the very picture of propriety and the epitome of what a respectable young lady should be. Haunted by a memory and compelled by her family, she pursues perfection to a fault.

The Earl of Bristol, Duncan Maddox, has returned to London after years of familial-imposed exile. As the second son, he has led a life filled with frivolity, leisure, and a healthy d
Published November 5th 2013 by Soul Mate Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Compromising Miss Tisdale, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Compromising Miss Tisdale

Start your review of Compromising Miss Tisdale
Mary - Buried Under Romance
Dec 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book was a surprise treat for me, not unlike a cup of hot chocolate to enjoy on a cold night. An attraction-of-opposites story with complex, multifaceted and dynamic characters and an engaging plot, this tale hits all the right notes for a great historical romance.

Ambrosia Tisdale, now in fourth season, has already gleamed enough ton wisdom to know how to navigate it with relative ease...that is, until her encounter at a party with a mysterious man piques her curiosity and leaves her, for t
Lady Wesley
Feb 22, 2014 marked it as nope
I'm not rating this book, as I haven't read it. Based upon reviews by some GR friends, I was at the Amazon site ready to try it when I happened upon a review by Old Latin Teacher. She titled her review "Sometimes the Thesaurus is not Your Friend," and her list of grammatical and spelling errors is both amusing and discouraging. Hers is not the only review with this criticism; it's just the most entertaining. http://amzn.to/1his4Wz

I have a very low tolerance for poor grammar and spelling; egregio
Julie
May 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Compromising Miss Tisdale by Jessica Jefferson is a 2013 Soul Mate Publication. I was provided a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
This Regency period historical romance was a delightful read. The dialogue is sharp, witty, and funny. It's hard to believe this is Jessica Jefferson's debut novel.
Duncan was never supposed to inherit a title but after his brother dies quite suddenly and Duncan's uncle Richard's health is failing rapidly, it looks like the fun and games are over for
ρυηүα [Punya Reviews...]
OhWell
Jan 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: regency
A quick and enjoyable read, despite the fact that I didn't much like the heroine. Yes, I noticed the grammatical errors, but they were easy to overlook. Can't complain about that in a freebie.
Vicki
May 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebook-regency
Compromising Miss Tisdale is a story with some fun and somewhat tainted characters. Duncan has become the Earl of Bristol. It is not a position he ever expected and not a position he felt ready to settle down and thrive with. He is quite the rake around London and had been sent away due to his misdeeds several years before.

Now he was back and his Uncle was expecting him to indeed settle down. He found himself drawn to a woman of utter structure and propriety. He fought hard against what he migh
Tracy T.
Nov 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good story and great narration by Beverly Crick (audible review)
I enjoyed most of this story. There was a bit of repetitiveness going on which became a bit annoying, but it wasn't as bad as some books.

I liked Ambrosia for the most part. She was very proper for sure. I really really liked Duncan Maddox the Duke of Bristol. He was a great lead male character.

The story line and plot was good even with the repetitiveness. There was a bit of a twist that I didn't see coming which made it better.

As f
Krystal
Nov 20, 2014 rated it liked it
I have so many mixed feelings about this novel. To begin with, I often found myself annoyed with the heroine, which is never a good thing. While I admire her "desire to remain proper at all times", I felt that her actions were inconsistent with who the author wanted her to be. Straightaway, we find her kissing Duncan in the library.. without evening knowing his name! Later on in the story, he finds her alone out in her own garden (during a party no less), and not only bares her breasts, but kiss ...more
HR-ML
Apr 04, 2018 added it
Regency era.

Ambrosia sought to be nearly perfect. She felt anger
b/c her parents tried to make a match for her with
men between the ages of 16 to 90 and her sisters &
BFF gave her unsolicited advice on how to look and
act. Duncan (an earl) fell back on his familiar ways
IE drinking, gambling, wenching. Both at times
revealed behavior which contradicted their images.

These MCs found each other, then got their priorities
straight. Ambrosia displayed special mathematics skills.
Used in a special conte
Farrah
Dec 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
My Rating: 4.5/5

A sweet historical romance, Compromising Miss Tisdale was a lovely read. I really enjoyed reading this fantastic book. It had wonderful romance. secrets, and a betrayal I never saw coming. Loved it!

Ambrosia was a good heroine. I'll admit, at first, I didn't like her very much. She was a little too straight-laced and judgmental. But, as the book went on, she loosened up and became much more likable. She was strong in her own quiet way and very loyal to those she loved, willing to
Ruth Hill
Jan 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
From the first page of this historical romance, I knew this was "my kind" of book. If you are a fan of Regency Romance novels, this will probably appeal to you. While there are few surprises along the way, the language and style fit the time period and setting to a tee. Ambrosia (love that name) is the very epitome of the well-mannered lady. Enter the rake, Duncan, and the chemistry is boiling over. I found that I could identify with Ambrosia (no, I have never loved a rake, but I speak of person ...more
C.D. Hersh
Nov 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Ambrosia Tisdasle, the heroine, has a most firm personality. Not easily swayed in her opinion of what she wants in a husband, and consequently, participating in her fourth London season. She has not married because of a lack of suitors but, because none live up to her standard.

The Earl of Bristol, the hero, second son, has returned to London because his older brother has died unexpectedly. Duncan must now take up the title he neither wanted, nor trained to hold. He has lived his life to the ful
Andrea Guy
I love a good regency and Compromising Miss Tisdale really fit the bill for me. I grew up on Candlelight Regency novels. I devoured them like candy.

Ambrosia is in her fourth season. Poor girl.

She and Duncan are polar opposites. She's the more straight laced prim and proper type and Duncan, well, he's a rake. It wouldn't be a regency if he weren't a rake! Let's face it, we all like bad boys and regency bad boys are really the best.

Their first meeting is hot..without crossing the line.

I loved how
Melindacee
Feb 23, 2014 rated it did not like it
Having read some positive reviews on Goodreads and given its fairly high rating, I decided to try this debut novel. Though the premise wasn't particularly original, this could have potentially been an interesting read. Unfortunately the apallingly incorrent grammar usage and spellings destroyed any possibility of my enjoying the story and occasionally I had to stop myself from throwing my Kindle agaist the wall in frustration. In fact my 1-star rating is based solely on the grammar and spelling ...more
Alice
May 20, 2016 rated it liked it
Enjoyed the plotting and the characters

Author uses complex sentence structure--which makes the reader slow down.
location 1871 I was struck by description of anticipation/attraction
"The tension-filled space between them made her entire body feel like an archer's bow being drawn taut with anticipation and the feelings she had yet to put actual words to." (After typing this-- I realize my editor may have been in control -- "don't end a sentence with a preposition.")
Shiloh
Feb 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great characters, the author stayed in the right period, no boring parts.
Rebecca
Feb 20, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
I should have quit the first time someone used "whom" as a subject.
Keri
Sep 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Excellent

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. When it didn't become the marriage of convenience story that I like reading the most, I was a little disappointed but the intensity of the characters brought it to life for me. The only reason it received 4 stars instead of 5 was that I wished the characters had admitted their love instead of waiting until the last couple of chapters. I'm looking forward to reading the next two volumes in this series.
Barbara "Cookie" Serfaty Williams
Compromising Miss Tisdale (The Regency Blooms Book 1)

The love story of Ambrosia and Duncan. Ambrosia Tisdale is all a lady can be. She is in her fourth seasons and there will be no fifth she must find a husband.
Duncan is a earl who must find a heiress to marry or lost everything. His friend suggested he compromise Ambrosia Tisdale. Can he do it without falling in love with her? Great story.
Laura Warden
Feb 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
A good love story.

I really enjoyed it. I thought the story line could have been expanded on with more suspense and drama if the financial part of the story had been expanded on in more detail. None the less, I will look forward to reading more of her stories. Some sexual content but not so much that I skipped over any parts.
Hayley Shaver
Jun 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great book

I loved this book. If you like romances this one is for you. Miss Tisdale doesn't like any suitors enough to marry. Then she meets the newest rake in London. Will she follow her heart?

?
Iris
Mar 02, 2020 rated it it was ok
Duncan has almost nothing to recommend him. Also the hero sleeping around even after a amorous physical relationship has started to develop between the main characters is something of a deal breaker for me.
Norma Reasor
May 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good.
DONNA WAYCASTER
Jul 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book, now starting on second in series
Brittany
Aug 09, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: historicals
I did enjoy this read but I am hoping the next one is a little bit better. I just wasn’t in love with the Earl he was a jerk for about 80% of the book.
Janet Griffith
Jan 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good read

Several twists and turns keeps you reading to the end . Let's you see how people can get them selves mixed up.
Swati Pant
Feb 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cary
Jun 15, 2019 added it
I enjoyed this story with strong characters and a nicely moving plot.
Kylie Mitchell
Jun 17, 2019 rated it liked it
Fine as a quick, fluffy read, but I found the main characters inconsistent, the romance rushed, and the plot too dependent on unbelievable behavior.
Jody
Nov 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
As a fan of Julia Quinn I found much in this story to remind me of one of my favorite authors. From the delightfully witty dialogue and fast-paced banter oozing sexual tension to the many colorful familial interactions, I found myself consumed by this Regency romp and impressed by this new-to-me author. Add in a bad boy trying to be good and a good girl trying to be bad and you have a wonderful romance to delight those looking for a HEA.

Ambrosia is taking part in her fourth Season and knows she
« previous 1 3 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Dec 05, 2015 01:30PM

• The Viscount's Bride (Love's Pride, #2)
  • Bargaining With a Rake (Whisper of Scandal #1)
  • My Fair Duchess (Once Upon a Rogue, #1)
  • The Earl's Enticement (Castle Brides, #3)
  • The Forbidden Rose (Spymasters, #3)
  • Love and Other Scandals (Scandalous, #1)
  • Anything but a Gentleman (Rescued from Ruin, #7)
  • Dead of Night (Thorne Hill, #1)
  • Never Deceive a Viscount (Infamous Lords, #2)
  • The Earl's Masquerade (Archer Family, #3)
  • The Heiress's Deception (Sinful Brides, #4)
  • Realm of Knights (Knights of the Realm, #1)
  • Three Weeks With Lady X (Desperate Duchesses by the Numbers, #1; Desperate Duchesses, #7)
  • Rise (Order of the Krigers, #1)
  • The Robber Knight (The Robber Knight Saga #1)
  • The Krinar's Bane (The Krinar World)
  • If She's Wicked (Wicked Knights #1)
  • Forever Immortal (Vampire Brides #9)
Jessica Jefferson makes her home in Almost-Chicago with her husband, nine and three year old girls, guinea pigs, and English bulldog Pete. When she's not busy trying to find middle-ground between being a modern career woman and Suzy-Homemaker, she loves to watch "Real Housewives of [insert city here]" and performing unnecessary improvements to her home and property.
Jessica writes Regency-era hist

Regency Blooms (3 books)
  • Taming Miss Tisdale (The Regency Blooms Book 2)
  • Chasing the Other Tisdale (The Regency Blooms Book 3)