Start by marking “The Face in the Window” as Want to Read:
The Face in the Window

The Face in the Window

There are those who can't see and those who don't want to, but we're all blind sometimes.

Ace is blind and Haze is damaged. They live in different worlds and not everyone is happy when they become boyfriends. Haze is struggling with the after effects of a traumatic event in his past that has left him at the mercy of an uncontrollable rage. When Ace's brother steps up his
Published October 1st 2013 by Featherweight Press

To ask other readers questions about The Face in the Window, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Face in the Window

Start your review of The Face in the Window
Cindy Sutherland
Dec 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed for the Blog of Sid Love

Hurt/comfort stories are some of my favorite so I was happy to have the chance to review this and I’m so glad I did.

Hazel Fennel is a broken boy with a strange name. We’re left to wonder for a long time as to what exactly happened to him, but when it all comes out, it absolutely breaks your heart. When he spots Ace standing in the window of a house by his bus stop, there’s something about the boy he can’t stop thinking about.

Ace is broken in his own way. He’s
April Wilson
Nov 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m-romance
What a beautiful story. But so painful near the end I had tears streaming down my face I could hardly read the words on the screen. You truly have a unique and and beautiful style of writing no matter what genre you choose to write in.
There are so many delightful and emotional parts in this book but I don't want to give them away. They pop up in such sneaky places that that is half the delight in reading this story. After sitting back and wiping the tears off my face I thought back all
Elyzabeth VaLey
Nov 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was blown away by The Face in the Window. It had been a while since I'd become so engrossed with a story that I forsake everything else just to finish it.

At first, I didn't know what to expect: a blind boy and a damaged boy. What could they have in common? Ms. Headford invites us to explore that and more. The Face in the Window is a roller-coaster ride full of emotional depth in which the characters grabbed my heart from the beginning and wouldn't let go until the end. I laughed, I cried, I
Erin
Dec 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
As soon as I finished this one I wanted to read it again. There is something so sweet about this book...so innocent and lovely with bits of darkness and conflict. Just enough to show that taking chances and having the strength and bravery to overcome the difficult, painful things in life that are thrown your way can, with faith and love, make you a better, more accepting and loving person. And as a side note, I'm loving the cover. So often the image on a book's cover looks nothing like the ...more
Birte
Nov 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I already read this story last year when it was still a free read, not knowing that one day it would be available at Amazon. Wow. Anyway, I loved and still love it.

It's a wonderful book about acceptance and love in the most different places and even though both Ace and Hazel have their share of problems, together they find their place. Wonderful :-)

2nd read in March 2014: how could I forget what a tearjerker this story is? The last half hour of my read I was barely able to see the pages
S.L.
Jun 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book! One thing about Nephy's characters is that they always have flaws, like real human beings. In this case, blindness for Ace and Haze has his own mental issues.
But the boys faced real issues..family, school, etc. I always love Nephy's stories.;
I wish it had been a bit more detailed with some things such as the depth of their physical relationship, but that's a small nit in an otherwise wonderful book of how love is not based on just sight alone.
Milica
Jun 16, 2016 rated it it was ok
Well, talk about writing evolution...after Hostage ended up on my favorites shelf, I thought why not try something more from CH. And The Face in the Window should've been right up my alley...but, I'm sorry to say that it was a total miss for me.

Declarations of love were so over the top, that I have a hard time imagining any boy their age talking like that in the 20th century. Or any century, for that matter...and the melodramatic way they thought and talked was, honestly, really getting on my
Louise Lyons
Jan 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is a beautifully written story with wonderful characters. I absolutely hated Logan of course, and the rest of the Richmonds too in the beginning. Ace was a stunning person both inside and out. His courage was amazing and I fell in love with him from his first meeting with Haze. Really I could rave on and on about how good this is, but I'll simply say I couldn't put it down, it moved me to tears and if you don't read it, you'll be missing out.
Zeoanne
Jan 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I have always enjoyed reading any and everything written by Nephy but this book takes the top of the list. The emotions are so strong you can't put it down once you start reading. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes reading about 'imperfect' characters, people who struggle with their impairment and in the end succeed. Great story, Cheryl!
Brian Barnes
Nov 17, 2013
Jess
May 17, 2014
Amanda Showalter
Apr 26, 2017 rated it liked it
2 men who are each damaged in some way. The both have things to overcome and they manage to do this together. The problem is that people are not happy about them getting close. I must admit I did NOT like Ace's family and wanted to strange them myself. It seemed that Haze and Ace managed to balance each other out well. Some things seemed unresolved to me and not as well written out as they could have been. Overall this was an interesting book,
Betryal
rated it it was ok
Dec 27, 2014
Amy
Apr 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a tear jerker! You'll definitely want to have some tissue's handy. Loved everything about this story. Ace and Haze seem to balance each other out so well. The emotions are so real. This is a new author to me and I'm definitely blown away!
Alicia Nordwell
Jun 21, 2014
Louis Harris
May 08, 2014
Nephylim Nephylim
Nov 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Wayne
Dani Elle Maas
Jan 23, 2014
Bex
Feb 14, 2014

• How to Howl at the Moon (Howl at the Moon #1)
  • A Husband for Steel and Blood (Marrying Men, #3)
  • Aria (Blue Notes, #3)
  • The Temple of Heaven (Made in China, #2)
  • Textual Relations
  • An Alpha for the Demigod (Asphalt Bay Pack #1)
  • Conquest (Conquest, #1)
  • Broken News
  • The Arrangement (Homestead Legacy, #1)
  • Openly Straight (Openly Straight, #1)
  • Pride and Pregnancy
  • Auctioned Omega (Mount Liberty Pack #1)
  • The Last Sun (The Tarot Sequence, #1)
  • Outcast Mine
  • Rescued (A Tale of Men and Fae #3)
  • Mating His Captor (Mating His Captor #1)
  • Solitary (A Tale of Men and Fae #2)
  • Taken (A Tale of Men and Fae #1)