Start by marking “November Echo (Aleksandr Talanov Thriller #3)” as Want to Read:
November Echo (Aleksandr Talanov Thriller #3)

November Echo

(Aleksandr Talanov Thriller #3)

As a signatory to the Biological Weapons Treaty of 1972, the United States had already destroyed its military stockpiles of weaponized pathogens. The Sovi
Paperback, 1st Edition, 297 pages
Published November 4th 2013 by Regis Books (first published October 24th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about November Echo, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about November Echo

Start your review of November Echo (Aleksandr Talanov Thriller #3)
Ronna
Nov 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: author-give-away
This book was given to me free by the author. This is my honest review:

Wow!! This book made me feel like I was on a run for my life---in a good way. This is the story of a KGB agent, Talanov, during the Cold War era between the USA and Russia. After both countries had signed the 1972 biological Weapons Treaty, USA destroyed their production facilities while Russia secretly developed more and larger facilities.

In our story, the developer of a very virulent strain of anthrax was plan
LORI CASWELL
Nov 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2013
Every spy has a beginning and this story is about Colonel Aleksandr Talanov’s beginning. For Talonov, an agent of the KGB, his life as a spy started back in 1985 at the height of Cold War tensions between the Americans and Soviets. It was after the the Biological Weapons Treaty of 1972 and the Soviets ignored the treaty. They instead set up several facilities to create biological weapons to use around the world whenever they decided to attack. In 1985 one of the Soviet scientists working with th ...more
Paul
Jul 16, 2015 marked it as did-not-finish
Did not finish.

One reviewer mentioned an iffy start. Boy, I'll say. Endlessly long arguments over logistics and tactics between two Soviet agents sent to Spain to intercept and return a defector. Arguments in Moscow, more arguments in Spain, page after page. All this to show us that the young KGB colonel is brilliant and daring; the sexy girl agent a stick-in-the-mud (but she'll come around). Can we get to the story, please? All this stage-setting could have been accomplished through
Rusty Dalferes
I got this through a Goodreads Giveaway, so thank you to James Houston Turner, Regis Books, and Goodreads for the free signed copy. After an iffy start, I ended up really enjoying this book.

Mechanics first: It needed a serious editorial revision, as I was constantly tripping over comma problems, missing punctuation or articles/conjunctions, typesetting issues (like words still highlighted from a previous revision or misplaced paragraphs breaks), and other issues that should have been
Jo Reason
"This is another of Aleksandr Talanov (the first I have read myself), the first books being Department Thirteen & Grecos Game are before this one but in this book is when, as the author puts in his book description “Every spy has a beginning, and for Colonel Aleksandr Talanov of the KGB, that moment occurs one summery night in 1985 on the Costa del Sol, at the height of Cold War tensions between the Americans and Soviets.”
I enjoyed the beginning that had a description and explanation o
Shawnda Blake
Dec 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
November Echo takes places at the height of the Cold War. This period of history is full of intrigue, spies, and secret weapons and author James Turner pulls from actual events to set the framework of his novel. The main character, Talanov, is a Russian colonel with the KGB nicknamed “Ice Man”. He is a top agent who does things his own way, but gets away with it because he produces results.

When Talanov is assigned to retrieve a scientist trying to defect to America, he is teamed up u
Sheila
Oct 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery, suspense
“The youngest KGB colonel in history” just might be Russia’s answer to James Bond, and expensive clothes, lady luck at the casino, and seductive bedroom scenes are just what the reader expects. But “the deadliest lies are half-truths” and there’s much that these characters aren’t telling as Talanov and his seductive associate attempt to thwart a Russian scientist’s defection.

Rather like TV’s The Americans, November Echo leaves readers eagerly supporting the enemy while hoping their o
Tea Time with Marce
Dec 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
From my blog

Talanov is one of my favourite characters of all time, intense with a brilliant mind, top notch spy for sure. This was action packed as his other two books in this series, Department Thirteen and Greco's Game. Espionage thriller at its best.

I respect James Turner more for always have strong female characters in his books also. Sophia is Talanov's partner during an undercover job and she wants to prove to Talanov that she is just as good as he is. The banter b
Lennette Daniels
Dec 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
November Echo is a great book. Although it is short, it had suspense, humor, gritty action scenes and a brilliant story. I have never read any of James Houston Turner’s other books before and I think this was a great introduction to his work and a great introduction to Talanov. I will be reading his other works on this wonderful character.

I liked Talanov. He comes across a bit chauvinistic but lovable. There were times I wanted to hug him and other times I wanted to strangle him. I love h
Marie
Dec 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
This is an excellent spy thriller. The descriptions of Russia, the culture, the times, and other parts of Europe paint a clear picture of everything the protagonists encounter while on their mission. Unlike many works nowadays that focus on futuristic events, this takes place during the height of the Cold War when the KGB still reigned supreme and spying wasn't done in some windowless room by computer nerds with video game controllers. The protagonist, Col. Talanov, doesn't always play by the ru ...more
Steve
Aug 17, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Spy thriller

A bit windy in places and in need of more editing. It was exciting though and full of action and intrigue. Characters were well developed and their motivations were satisfactorily explained by the time the story ended. Looking forward to more adventures of the KGB Colonel. Give it a try if you like spy stories about the '80s.
J Robert
Well written, with a lot of twists and turns and an action-packed ending. I read in two sessions (with a few weeks in between sessions). As the story progressed it became harder to predict and to put down.
Holly
Mar 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Excellent read. Full of unexpected twists and turns with an interesting ending.
Dave Wagner
May 06, 2015 added it
Shelves: gave-up-on
Gave up on it. Too boring and unbelievable.
Daniel Ace
Jan 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was an origin story of Turner's character. This was very good 80s espionage. Enjoyed it a lot.
Palmreader
Jan 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
A good story-line. A little too James Bond-like, but interesting. Great action, lots of stuff going on. Not Arkady fro Gorky Park though. Looking forward to another.
Krobin02
Oct 18, 2016
charles m. vance
rated it it was ok
Aug 28, 2016
#1 bestselling author of the Aleksandr Talanov thriller series, about a former KGB colonel whose past will not leave him alone.

Talanov the character was inspired by an actual KGB agent who leaked word out of Moscow back in the 1980s that James was on a KGB watchlist for his smuggling activities behind the old Iron Curtain.

Talanov's debut thriller, Department Thirteen, was v

Aleksandr Talanov Thriller (3 books)
  • Department Thirteen (Aleksandr Talanov Thriller #1)
  • Greco's Game (Aleksandr Talanov Thriller #2)