Start by marking “Christmas at the Beach Café” as Want to Read:
Christmas at the Beach Café

Christmas at the Beach Café (The Beach Café)

4.02  ·  Rating details ·  1,697 Ratings  ·  92 Reviews

Published November 7th 2013 by Pan

To ask other readers questions about Christmas at the Beach Café, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Christmas at the Beach Café

Fictionophile
There is a lovely little Café in Carrawn Bay, Cornwall. Evie Flynn has inherited the Beach Café from her Aunt Jo. Her boyfriend of five months, Ed, is the Café's chef. After a busy summer of tourist trade, Evie wants nothing more than to have a cozy, romantic Christmas.  Just her and Ed, the most perfect Christmas ever.

On the first day of December she roots out Aunt Jo's Christmas decorations, searching for her glass angel. Her Aunt Jo had given the angel to Evie and her sisters when they were c
Kim
Nov 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013
Christmas at a cafe in Cornwall was always going to be a winner for me.

Evie is hoping to have a really romantic christmas with her boyfriend and is planning the perfect day- complete with stocking fillers and the ultimate present.

Things don't go to plan- when his brother turns up unannounced and shows no sign of leaving any time soon, then her best friend also lands on the doorstep. Then to top it all off her parents turn up unannounced to the two bedroomed flat.

Although things don't go the way
Elke
May 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Dit boek was natuurlijk veeeeeeel te kort. Gelukkig heb ik nog een novel klaar staan om gelezen te worden. Heerlijke kerstsfeer.
Dec 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
What a fab little Christmas book! I read this just a few days into the Christmas season and it put me in the mood and Evie gave me a great idea for a Christmas pressie for my husband! I loved catching up with Evie and Ed again. But most of all, I love the setting of this book. On the beach in cornwall (my husband is from Cornwall) so I can almost taste the sea air. It's a tiny bit of escapism for about a day - which is how long it took me to read it!
Maggie61
Dec 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this warm and fuzzy trip to the beach cafe. It was Evie’s first Christmas at the beach cafe that she acquired when her aunt passed away. With the first Christmas with her newish boyfriend Ed, Evie has all kinds of visions of what this Christmas should be. But sometimes what we want, isn’t always the only way we can be happy.

I don’t think I have read Lucy Diamond before but I really liked this one. I love her writing; her descriptions and visions of this small town and cafe made
Janine
Dec 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle, christmas, novella
I haven't read The Beach Cafe but still enjoyed this lovely Christmas short story.
BestChickLit.com
Nov 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved this. It’s the perfect snuggle-up-on-the-sofa-with-a-cup-of-tea (and a few choc biscuits) kind of read and excellent for getting you through a gloomy evening.

Unfortunately I hadn’t read The Beach Café, the main novel from which this is a spin-off, but that didn’t dampen my enjoyment at all. I slipped straight into the festivities with Evie and Ed, enjoying the run up to Christmas day as their plans ran amok.

Cornwall is one of my favourite places, so the fact that this is the book’s setti
Paula Sealey
Nov 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
I was really pleased when I found out Lucy Diamond had written a novella, following up with characters from the wonderful 'The Beach Cafe'. I'd always hoped there would be more about them! Although short, this was a lovely catch up, letting us see how Evie and Ed spend their first Christmas together. Evie is hoping for a quiet and romantic break, but things don't quite turn out that way as unexpected guests begin to arrive.

Although aware this was a novella, I would have liked for it to have been
Rebecca Carter
Festive, easy to read short book. Perfect to read in the run up to Christmas when you're running about in circles without a lot of spare time on your hands and a great little book to get you into the Christmas spirit with its talk of mince pies, mulled wine and other Christmas goodies. At the end of the book are a few little recipes you can try to crave the munchies this book will definitely cause you to have.
Michelle
Nov 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
WoW.
Really loved this.
Love Evie. Love that she is a massive kid at heart and everyone loves her for it. How she loves Christmas and wants everything to be special.

Makes you want to go to Cornwall, go to their Beach Cafe, experience the Cornwall magic.

Totally hooked on everything from Lucy Diamond.
Can't wait for more ❤
Mandy Radley
Feb 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
The first in the short stories about Christmas at the Beach Cafe. Normally I don't like short stories but enjoyed the follow on fromThe Beach Cafe.
Ranjini
Sep 06, 2017 rated it liked it
Evie, a die-hard romantic at heart, and owner of the Beach Cafe (left to her by her recently demised aunt, Jo) is looking forward to spending a quiet, white Christmas with her boyfriend Ed.
She believes in her good-luck charm, a little glass angel decoration, given to her by aunt Jo and when that unexpectedly breaks, she believes that her Christmas may not go as planned.
True to her belief, things start going wrong.
She's bombarded with unexpected guests, the recipe book she's working on is ruined
mrsljgibbs
May 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
After reading 'The Beach Cafe' I couldn't wait to read the next book in the series - which is a Christmas novella.
I love love love Christmas books and this one did not disappoint!!
All the original characters returned, along with a new one and it was really nice catching up with everyone.
The story skips along nicely with no great upsets and all comes together with a great big happy ending!
Safe to say, I am now moving on to reading the next Beach Cafe novella and I can't wait!!l
Kat Robson
Sep 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A lovely smooth read... for someone who needs to get prepared for the Xmas rush.
it's obviously set in Cornwall like many chit lit books are... gosh I'd love to see some set in the highlands or other places that are as beautiful anyway....
the main characters have only been together 12 months so everything is new. his brother turns up to ruin their plans, her patents turn up as a surprise, best friend, neighbours the whole lot turn up for whatever reason. a nice happy read.
Laura Cottam
Mar 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I bought this one as soon as I finished the beach café. The first novel was just so endearing and put such a smile on my face I had to read the novella. It was just as smiley and cheery as the first one. Not the deepest storyline in the world but it will definitely make you happy and put a smile on your face that'll last the whole day.
MRS SUSAN C VICKERY
Dec 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another very good read

Great to catch up with the happenings at the Beach Cafe and look forward to hearing more about Evie and Ed. Thanks for the lovely recipes.
Thoroughly recommend this sadly too short story.
Carol Ann Notman
Nov 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Lovely heart warming follow up to The Beach Cafe

So good to know all the key characters are getting along just fine. A great read for the festive season.
Hanne
Nov 15, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: christmas
Cute little story. I appreciate everything about it. Reading about Evie in the wrong order though. Going to start on her first book last. XD
Nov 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Lucy Diamond is an author I always look out for and I was super excited when I heard about Christmas At The Beach Café. Why? You might ask, well firstly CHRISTMAS and secondly, a follow up to The Beach Café! What more could you want?! (oh and a gorgeous cover too!)
We re-join Evie and Ed at The Beach Café in the last few weeks leading up to Christmas. They’ve closed the café down for the winter months and are enjoying lovely romantic walks along the beach, cosy fires and cooked breakfasts. Evie h
Susan Francis
Nov 27, 2013 rated it it was ok
This novella is a follow-up of Lucy Diamond's book, The Beach Cafe, which tells the back story of how Evie Flynn came to be living in Cornwall and running a cafe.

The story begins on the 1st of December with Evie looking out of the window and seeing snow falling outside. She runs out, feet bare and full of excitement. Despite the cliche, I thought this was a nice start to a Christmas story. Turns out she was dreaming and is woken up in bed by Ed. (I suppose that is more realistic.)

I appreciated E
Hannah
Aug 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Having just enjoyed “The Beach Café” by Lucy Diamond, I was so happy to see that my Beach Cafe adventure was not yet over when I came across both “Christmas at the Beach Cafe” and “Christmas Gifts at the Beach Cafe”!

I am not a big fan of buying Kindle books. I have a Kindle as I inherited it off my mum when she decided to buy a Kindle touch instead, but I can rarely ever bring myself to buy ebooks, I still much prefer to have the physical book in my hand, and plus, they look great on my book she
Kerry Frith
Nov 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Christmas by the sea!

Having already read the Beach Cafe, I was delighted when I found out I could spend Christmas there too!

Being a Lucy Diamond fan, I was so excited and couldn't wait to read this novella. I really enjoyed the Beach Cafe and thankfully not much time had passed since the first book which was great as I didn't feel like I'd missed out.

So it's Evie and Ed's first Christmas together and Evie has this vision of the most romantic Christmas with just her and Ed, long walks along th
Kristilyn (Reading In Winter)
I just read The Beach Cafe maybe three weeks ago and I loved it so much that I bought all the little novellas that accompanied it! Two of those novellas are Christmas-themed and I was so happy I decided to read one of them this month. It was the perfect holiday story to read!

One of my favourite things about the Cornwall we’re presented with, where Evie’s Beach Cafe resides, is the community coming together. I loved that about the story in the first book and we get more of that camaraderie in thi
Gie
May 12, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance, chick-lit

After a hectic summer running her beach café in Cornwall, Evie Flynn is looking forward to her first Christmas with new boyfriend Ed – she’s determined that it’s going to be the most perfectly romantic one ever. Cosy nights in front of the fire, spicy mulled wine, mince pies . . . what’s not to love? But the peace is shattered when Ed’s ex suddenly gets in touch again, and then some unexpected gues
Best Crime Books & More
Sep 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Just recently I have been ploughing through all my novella’s and short stories, as they are never my first choice. Although I say that and it’s usually the case, this novella was absolutely wonderful. It didn’t take me long to get reacquainted with Evie in her beautiful café in Cornwall. This will be her first Christmas there and now she has her boyfriend Ed around the excitement gets to her.

Evie is a funny character and one that you fall in love with quite easily. In this latest short story her
Linda
Sep 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Gemma & Spencer Bailey throw a New Year's Eve party. At the party is Caitlin, who has returned to the village to pack up her beloved Mum's house & to figure out what to do with her life. Also at the party is Saffron, a PR executive who's keeping a secret. The three women bond over Gemma's dodgy cocktails fortune cookies & vow to make this year their best one yet.

But as the months unfold, Gemma, Saffron & Caitlin find themselves tested to their limits by shocking new developments.
Ems. (afternoonbookery)
Dec 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
I have always loved the beach cafe, when recently asked what character i would like to be, i wanted to be Evie, i wanted to run a little cafe with a close knit community, so when i spied this on the kindle store for about 50p i knew it was fate. This book takes us back to the coast just in time for the season of goodwill. Whilst this is a short book there is plenty of drama throughout. Throw in some recipes for good measure and you have the perfect winter evenings read. What i love with this boo ...more
Aunty Janet
Jan 11, 2015 rated it liked it
''A Christmas short story from bestselling author Lucy Diamond, revisiting her Beach Café characters.
Kamilla
Jul 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Upon just finishing The Beach Cafè of
course I had to sink my teeth into this one. And what a lovely little story this was. We pick the story up five months after The Beach Café has finished. It is now December and Christmas is just around the corner. Winter and Christmas at Carrawen was always going be magical but it truly hit the mark with this little instalment. In true Evie style, nothing is going as she planned. She has envisioned a lovely romantic Christmas for two. Compared to this, her C
Kim
Nov 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
Christmas at the Beach Cafe is more of a long short story than a novel and I feel you need to have read The Beach Cafe first to really get the most out of the story and catch up with all the characters although it's not totally necessary. I read this over the Christmas holiday and felt it was a perfect read - light weight enough to pick up and put down during the busyness, on topic, fun and entertaining. While being short it does have quite a string storyline to it and I felt also has the benefi ...more
  • Christmas at the Crescent
  • Meet Me Under the Mistletoe
  • Sunshine, With a Chance of Snow
  • Just for Christmas
  • Wish Upon A Star
  • One Wish in Manhattan
  • A Merry Little Christmas (Christmas, #2)
  • Here Come the Boys (short story)
  • Home for Christmas
  • Humbugs and Heartstrings
  • Driving Home For Christmas
  • Take Mum Out
  • Winter Wonderland (LoveTravel #10)
  • The Christmas List
First of all, a confession. My name isn’t really Lucy Diamond at all, it’s Sue Mongredien. I’ve used a pen name because ‘Diamond’ is a lot easier to spell and pronounce than ‘Mongredien’ and also because I’ve written lots of children’s books too and wanted to keep the genres separate. (There is actually another Lucy Diamond on Amazon who writes religious children’s books. That isn’t me, though.)

I
More about Lucy Diamond

The Beach Café (1 books)
  • The Beach Café (The Beach Café, #1)

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Some Kind of Hero (Troubleshooters, #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be