Start by marking “Life's a Witch (Karma's Witches, #1)” as Want to Read:
Life's a Witch  (Karma's Witches, #1)

Life's a Witch

(Karma's Witches #1)

When life gives you lemons, some would say make lemonade.

Amber knows all about making lemonade. More than she wants to. But what do you do when you discover--out of the clear blue--that you've got a destiny you could have only imagined.

As a writer, Amber's got quite an imagination--but even she didn't imagine what was to come!

What do you do when a sexy cop seems to be fli
Published November 7th 2013 by BHL Books

To ask other readers questions about Life's a Witch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Life's a Witch

Michele bookloverforever
kidnapped...abused...afraid always. then finds magic and it changes her universe. nice ending, bittersweet.

Hope Welsh
Nov 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fav-authors
I'm writing part of this series--but man, I love this book! I can't wait to see what trouble these girls find for themselves....
Sarah Miles
Nov 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I *loved* reading this story!! Life's a Witch introduces us to Amber, someone in major need of some xanax at times. Amber was raised by a very religious woman who constantly put her down. She grew up thinking everything about her was evil, even something as silly as her red hair. One day, Amber receives a strange book with a gemstone set in the cover and addressed to some Amber. This book contains spells; it can't possibly be meant for her! A strange man shows up and begins paying her attention, ...more
Lady
Nov 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A Great New Beginning To An Awesome Endeavor Of A Series!

This series must be read in order. This is the first book.

This book was an awesome start to a new series :D I was really excited about it from the moment I first heard of it... If any group of authors can pull off a collaborative series its is these three talented ladies. There are triplets... separated at toddler age and sent to three different homes after their mother dies. They are brought up in ignorance of their true origins in the Ma
Dec 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book is short and sweet. Just wish the book was a longer. This is the first book in a series about three sisters who are triplets. They where separated at a young age and doesn't know that the other sisters exist. This book is about Amber who discovers that she is a witch on her birthday when a book mysteriously appears in her apartment. If you like a cute paranormal book with magic, mystery and romance then this book is for you. I can't wait to read the other books in this series.

The seri
Erinw
Aug 27, 2015 rated it it was ok
I usually don't like novellas because they don't allow time for the characters and story to develop. This was no exception. It probably would have been four or five stars as a book, but having boy meet girl and wham! - instant relationship - just doesn't come across as believable to me. I also wanted to know more about the magic aspect and I would have preferred Amber to be a little tougher and not so weak. I haven't checked, but if this author has a full length novel, I would probably give it a ...more
Sharon
Oct 27, 2015 rated it it was ok
I finished the book but just barely. It just was not that good. The plot was not straight forward and it appears it was going all over the place. It couldn't keep my interest. I will not read the rest of this series.
Lisa
Nov 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
This series is written by three different writers. Book one is by Elizabeth Reeves. I enjoyed reading about Amber and her discovery of a letter stating she has magical powers and two sisters. Her discovery changes her life for the better. I am waiting for book two which will be out soon.
Robin
Jul 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
More of a 3.5 stars than 4.
Gabriella
Nov 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal, 2018
Interesting start

So this series has been one I have been keeping an eye on for a while. It started interestingly but feels a little short,the characters grow on you. There is mention throughout of dangerous forces but you don’t see much danger this book. It os definitely a series I am looking forward to continuing as there are many good ideas that I hope will play out well.
Elizabeth Briers
Nov 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
😀 happy story .

If you want a light magical story ,this is for you . Good fun , pick up and put down easy read .
Alex Latham
Jun 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Book 38 complete.
Valerie McRill
Mar 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good read. Just needed it to be a longer story. Great characters. Like the doctor ghost.
Marsha Spohn
First reviewed at Keeper Bookshelf

Karma’s Witches is a series written by three authors. At this date there are six novels – so two sets so far. The series is fun, lighthearted and quirky. Exactly what I was looking to find for this Halloween Romance marathon of mine. These are novellas, very short so there is a lot of story packed into each one. I would strongly recommend reading them in order as they tell a tale with three parts to make an overall story, in a way told from three viewpoints. No
Frenchie
Jul 02, 2016 rated it liked it
I wanted a change of genre. I am not into witches light reads but I have not been reading for a long time and I needed something not too taxing to my brain.
The plot: Amber does not know she is a witch. She does not know she has sisters. She does not know she is part of triplets. She was raised by an evil mum. This book is Amber's story, told from Amber's point of view.
Nothing spooky though and there are a quite a few annoying cliches and dialogues. The thing is, Amber's character could have be
Andrea Collins
Dec 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Very well written but could've been a tad longer. I can't wait to read book #2 to see how it continues playing out.
Relina Skye
May 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Elizabeth A Reeves's "Life's a Witch" is the first book in the "Karma's Witches" series that is co-written with Hope Welsh and Lanie Jordan. Amber has lived in the shadows for most her life. Raised by a psychotic woman who has emotionally abused her and manipulated her she finds herself alone in the world save her cat Mr. Darcy. It's not until she finds a letter from her biological mother and a "Book of Shadows" does her world turn around. Can Amber find the inner strength to overcome her poor u ...more
Stephanie Barnes
Jul 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
What comes around goes around

Amber works in a book store and her only friend is a cat
. One day a book mysteriously appears along with a letter from her mother who apologizes for splitting up her and her sisters. She instructs her to read aloud the first spell in the book because she is a witch. When she does, she can hear her cat speak, then she starts to see ghosts.
What really excited me about these stories is a group of authors got together and each write a book. From what I gather the first
Adrienne Testa
Nov 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
Amber was always taught not to trust strangers or police. To her surprise she learns she was kidnapped as a young child from foster care and is actually one of a set of triplets. She also learns she is a hereditary witch and must find her sisters. As she develops a relationship with a hot sexy cop and can see ghosts, Amber is unsure of herself and how to find her sisters.
This should be an interesting series of novellas written by three separate authors. Amber's story is interesting and fun to r
Jeannie Holbrook
Life's a Witch by Elizabeth A.Reeves is the first in a series about three sisters,triplets, who separated at a young age. Neither sister knows about the other one. In Life's a Witch we find Amber as she discovers she is not who she thought she was her entire life. I don't want to tell too much and give all the book away. If you like books with magic,mystery,romance and everything that goes along with it then this novella is for you.

Lisa
Jul 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I liked the quick and to the point!

This book about witches and karma was very engaging. With a quick to the point storyline you do not get bored. The backstory for the main character Amber sets up the whole book with a variety of characters including a ghost,cop boyfriend, cat and estranged family. Just when your really into it the Author winds this up sweetly and you ready for more!
♥ Joy Joy ♥
May 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Solid 3.5 rating. Disappointed that this wasn't longer, but I enjoyed story.

It was pretty well written for everything they had to get out about the characters, overall situation, and the story for Amber for this particular book. The rhythm was smooth, easy to follow, and with just enough of an ending that left you satisfied yet wanting more at the same time.

Noel
Jun 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love Elizabeth A. Reeves books.....short or long! It makes no difference to me the length of a book as long as I am entertained by interesting characters, which I was in this installment. I will, of course, search out the next two books so I can have the full story on these triplet witch sisters.
Melissa Basnight
Sep 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Fun short story setting off the series of the Witches of Karma. Since it is short there is not a lot of character development, but I am interested in reading more about the three sisters. Amber discovers she is rich and can see ghosts. During her discovery about herself she learns she has 2 other sisters and was kidnapped as a child, she also meets a man that wants to be a part of her life.
Aleea J. Brewer
Dec 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Interesting, but very short

I didn't realize this was a very short story. It began well and looks like it could be a fun read if it ever grows into a longer book. I do plan to read the next installment before deciding yea or nay as #1 is too short to decide if the series is one I would read.
Michele
Aug 01, 2015 rated it it was ok
With only 100 pages it is hard to call this a book. It is more of a novella and a very poor start to a series. The writing seemed rushed and the characters not fully developed. Everything happened way to fast without any real plot or plot development. I had hoped for more but I just can't like the book/novella the way it is.
Brittany Jarrell
Feb 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Interesting

I like the book, it was nice. I loved the title and the cover. It was a short for my taste but it's worth it. I like the different authors bit. It's a interesting idea, I hope they pull off well!
Starla
Jul 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I have read by Elizabeth A. Reeves and now I am a fan. I am also now a fan of this series. I love how realistic the story is and how exciting it is to watch it unfold. Looking forward to reading more about Amber & Geoff.
Judy
Aug 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
The 1st of 3 sisters find out that she is a witch and that she is a triplet. The girls were separated to keep the bad guys from finding them. As the series progresses, they find each other. I've read the first 3 books and plan to catch up with the rest. I believe there are at least 8 books now.
Tabby
Mar 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Great buy!

I have already stumbled upon Elizabeth Reeves' other books and have enjoyed them. For .99 you get part one in a unique set up with three different authors writing the before books for a series. I am excited to read the next one.

• Love's a Witch (Karma's Witches, #2)
  • Karma's a Witch (Karma's Witches, #3)
  • Bell, Book, and Murder
  • Easy Bake Coven (Easy Bake Coven, #1)
  • Beloved Evangeline
  • Witch Flame (Keepers of the Stones, #0.5)
  • Bound to Remember (Spellbound, #1)
  • A New Witch in Town (Maybe Two) (Tale about the Witches of Springsville #1)
  • Serious Leigh (Literal Leigh Romance Diaries, #2)
  • Ghouls Night Out (Larue Donavan, #2)
  • Witch to Choose (Heart of a Witch, #1)
  • Banished (Daughters of the Gods, #1)
  • Witch for Hire (Witch for Hire #1)
  • Goddess Of The Grove (Druid, #2)
  • Tousle Me: A New Adult Parody
  • Gnome Wars - a short tale
  • Wild Passion (Wild, #3)
  • The Vampire Relationship Guide: Meeting & Mating (Vampire Relationship Guide, #1)

Karma's Witches (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Love's a Witch (Karma's Witches, #2)
  • Karma's a Witch (Karma's Witches, #3)
  • Haunting Karma (Karma's Witches, #4)
  • Healing Karma (Karma's Witches, #5)
  • Sharp as Steele (Karma's Witches, #6)
  • Hard as Flint (Karma's Witches, #7)
  • Black as Obsidian (Karma's Witches, #9)
  • Flint Lock (Karma's Witches, #10)
  • Amber in Ashes (Karma's Witches, #11)
  • Pandemonium: Demons of Karma (Karma's Witches, #12)