Start by marking “A Fair Prospect: Volume I, II & III” as Want to Read:
A Fair Prospect: Volume I, II & III

A Fair Prospect: Volume I, II & III

(A Fair Prospect #1, 2 & 3)

This is an eBook 'boxed set' that includes all three volumes of A Fair Prospect.

Inspired by Jane Austen's Pride & Prejudice, A Fair Prospect is a tale of Darcy and Elizabeth.

Nursing his wounds after his rejection by Miss Elizabeth Bennet, Fitzwilliam Darcy returns to London, a devastated and humbled man. The lady, meanwhile, is battling the unprecedented feelings stirr
Published November 4th 2013 by White Soup Press

To ask other readers questions about A Fair Prospect, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Fair Prospect

J. W. Garrett
Volume l: Disappointed Hopes: 3-stars: ended at 38%

“When you have expectations, you are setting yourself up for disappointment.” Ryan Reynolds

Post [DHP] Disastrous Hunsford Proposal… it started out OK, then crashed and burned, but picked back up again, leaving us with unfinished business [cliffhanger]. We could probably cut out about a fourth of the middle and still have a great story.

Mr. Darcy had expectations and boy was he ever disappointed. He couldn’t have been more surprised if she had hi
Elizabeth Hossenlopp
Feb 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Oh what a twisted road Darcy and Elizabeth Bennet had to traverse on. A few new characters to enjoy. An overall great book.
EM Clark
Jul 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Very long but worth it and wonderful!!

I cannot coherently express all of the emotions I felt reading this. It is very thorough, and you are rarely left wondering what a character is thinking, however when you do, it is absolutely gripping. So often you can guess how something will play out but on one occasion specifically, I was practically sick with anticipation. I mean this as a compliment!! Surprises do happen in these variations, but I have never read an author who successfully draws them ou
Miriam Reeves
Nov 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
I finished this book or these three books really last night. It was good. I enjoyed book 1 and 2 a lot because Elizabeth and Darcy were constantly in each others company. They still had their misunderstandings but they came to the truth pretty quickly. For some reason book 3 was a much slower read for me. There were so many misunderstandings and Darcy and Elizabeth's personal thoughts seemed redundant. Over and over they kept thinking the same things and doing nothing about it. However it got be ...more
Blodeuedd Finland
Dec 10, 2013 marked it as dnf
I am a bit of a DNF-o-holic now.

My issues with this one was that it was nothing new, if I wanted to read Pride and prejudice, I would read PP. It seems to change later but too late for me. I thought about skipping to book 2, but arghh, damn ebooks making it harder to do that.
Elin Eriksen
Jan 26, 2018 rated it liked it
I was intent on loving this book but I did not...
Although filled with thoughtfulness, anguish, depth, a lovely character development and some humorous dry wit remarks it just did not engage me.

The excess of detailed discription of surroundings, the fact that ODC interpreted every interaction with each other in the worst possible way, the predictability, and lagging of the story started grating on me. It would have benefited a trim down in editing.

Entering at the Hunsford proposal which were simi
Leslie
Nov 13, 2013 rated it liked it
This is a very well written and edited Pride and Prejudice what if...

And our what if is what if Lizzy and Darcy didn't separate immediately following his proposal at Hunsford parsonage but instead were thrust into one another's path constantly.

These are books full of coincidence, misunderstanding and miscommunications. 99% of the story covers barely 2 weeks of time. A full 92% covers (~ 625 pages) 14 days and that means the pacing is glacial. If you are a slow reader you might read it in real ti
Rebecca T
Jan 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Good for the most part

There were aspects of this story I loved, but I found it painful to read. Elizabeth and Darcy's reconciliation was delayed unnecessarily. There were a lot of new characters introduced that although nice, I felt added nothing extra to the story. I found both Elizabeth and Darcy's stubborness to be incredibly annoying. There were some character variations I enjoyed such as Colonel Fitzwilliam and Anne Darcy.

I wanted to love the while of this variation, as I have I loved many
Susanne
Aug 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
A three-volume set of Pride and Prejudice variations in which Darcy, after his disastrous proposal and Elizabeth's rejection, is thrown into her path by Bingley's pursuit of Jane Bennet in London. But a childhood friend of Elizabeth's now seems to be pursuing her, a gentlemen of wealth and good looks, so Darcy has competition this time around.
Staciel

Wow-- let me just say, wow!

This was a great book (or books as it is in 3 volumes), and is what Jane Austen fan fiction should be, in my opinion.

BUT-- Let me say this;

It moves extremely slowly-- lots of tea drinking, getting in and out of carriages, etc.. but, I love that kind of stuff.

NixLapi
Apr 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
A sweet take on the classic tale, I enjoyed this variation immensely. Darcy and Elizabeth's romance was sweet, the new characters introduced were believable and their story-line interesting. I read all three volumes together, so do admit I skimmed a good portion of book three - but overall thoroughly enjoyed both the writing and where it took Darcy and Elizabeth.

A definite recommend to any fan of P&P variations.
Amanda
Dec 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved this. It's so sweet. And I laughed. The whole book long. I don't think that was the intention of the author but Darcy is just so... It makes me giggle just thinking about it. It is, however, very slow moving. But so funny. Hahahaha. I would recommend this to all my P&P reading friends.
Evei
Apr 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful

Elizabeth and Darcy at their BEST! My favourite P&P variation so far! Highly recommended, characterisations are truly flawless, Darcy in particular is fascinating and love Colonel Fitzwilliam's role in this!
Sue
Jan 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really really enjoyed this 3 novel package. I felt the author added so much to the characters lives that we could really feel we were involved. It fleshed out the characters. Read it and you'll enjoy it.
Nicole Barton Sasser
Nov 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Volume I: 3.5 Stars, due to a slow start.

Volume II: 5 Stars!

Volume III: 4 Stars

obsessedwithbooks
Apr 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Almost as good as the Pamela Aiden series but a little too slow at times. Better than most Austen fanfic. I enjoyed the writing. Highly recommend to readers who love Austen variations.
Sandra Gebhard
Jul 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Good story

I liked the additional characters but felt the book was a little long and I would have liked a few less misunderstandings
Katherine
Nov 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
One of my favorite Pride and a Prejudice variation!min have reviewed each volume separately under its title.
Suze JA
Dec 19, 2013 rated it liked it
oh what to say about this story I love it and then I didn't. At times I wanted it to move on already! It was a little to wordy for my taste.
Marilyn Mansfield
Dec 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Best fan fiction for Pride and Prejudice. Couldn't put it down. Very true to the characters and style. Loved, loved, loved it.
Bernadette McLean
Dec 02, 2017
Christine Baglow
Jun 17, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

A Fair Prospect (3 books)
  • Disappointed Hopes (A Fair Prospect, #1)
  • Darcy's Dilemma (A Fair Prospect, #2)
  • Desperate Measures (A Fair Prospect, #3)