Start by marking “Hard Glamour (Glamour, #1)” as Want to Read:
Hard Glamour (Glamour, #1)

Hard Glamour (Glamour #1)

3.79  ·  Rating details ·  858 Ratings  ·  108 Reviews
A promise to keep... Honoring her mother's last wish, Lane Channing vows to follow her dreams. She takes the 'big risk' and leaves her small Kansas town behind and heads to LA, the city of dreams. She's got a stellar job lined up, an old jeep, and 20 bucks to last her to her first paycheck. Her hopes shatter when she arrives to find her job's been given to someone else. No ...more
Published January 14th 2014 (first published January 9th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Hard Glamour, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hard Glamour

✝✝ Ⓓaisy ❣ ✝✝

This story is all about glamour and Hollywood. if you love reading Hollywood star as the hero, this book is yours.

photo hollywoodstar.jpg

photo glam_sdelanogif_480_480_0_64000_0_1_0.gif

Lane Channing leaves her small town to follow her dreams and only the realise her dream job was taken. Being in a desperate situation, her only hope is Dillon MacAvoy, the upcoming Hollywood star.

photo 5fe32f30ce56e2af177373b42193a65e.jpg

photo 885b0994b7f1c723fe0efd4c0a4cf889.jpg

What will happen with these two when they get closer? Lane is attracted to Dillion and working closely with him doesn't help her much. It was fun read and enjoyable read.

Sadly, I coul
✿kawehi.reviews
Nov 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
"Nothing is too much for you...I need you to know that, to understand. Nothing is too much for you, Lane...You are becoming my everything."

Wow, for my first Maggie Marr read I have to say that I actually enjoyed myself while reading this. I won't go as far to say that this was the best book I've ever read, but it did hit a sweet niche for me.

Hard Glamour was a light and sensual read that portrayed the sacrifices that we encounter in life.

From a small town girl leaving all that she knows and
FicCentral
centralpickshijackedbyysar

ReasonsToRead
Lane Channing promised her dying mother that she would follow her dreams, and she's doing exactly that.  Driving two thousand miles from small town Kansas to the film world of Los Angeles, she's got the perfect summer job lined up, her first step to realizing her dream of working in the film industry.  What she doesn't expect, though, is to arrive and find that her "job" was nothing more than an unpaid internship.  And it's been given to someone else.  And her Jeep has disappeared.  With no mon
Sherry Hoernig
Mar 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
To say that this book was great would be an understatement. Ms Marr has created a masterpiece of entertainment. From the characters, to the plot, everything flowed so smoothly. I loved the characters in the book. They were all believable, just regular people, w/day to day drama, hopes, dreams, disappointments, joy, all the things that can make up an ordinary individual like myself's life, and not only someone like little ole me, but someone who as many of the characters in the book are, is a cel ...more
Broadway Girl  Book Reviews (Beth Lattanzi)
This was a story of good girl meets bad boy. She knows he is trouble and she should stay away but the temptation is just too much for her.

Lane is from a small town in Kansas and leaves and heads to LA for an internship only to realize it has been given to someone else. Another opportunity falls into Lane's lap though unexpectantly with a rude stranger but very attractive stranger she had the unfortunate opportunity to run into earlier.

Dillon is an up and coming actor who is labeled 'the next b
K3
May 04, 2015 rated it liked it
3.5 A fun, romantic and easy read. Good characters.
Bianca
Jan 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
I, like every other female who came into contact with Dillon MacAvoy, lusted after Mr. Chiseled Perfection. The difference? I could lust after him physically, but I wouldn't act on my attraction.

An endearing tale of a small town girl and the Hollywood movie star. I love these type of stories and Hard Glamour has done the theme justice. The characters are well rounded, the story flows beautifully and there's plenty of romance and swoonworthy moments.

Lane Channing has taken the "Big Risk" and dri
Samantha ♔ Sam's Book Basket
Jun 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
☆☆☆ 4 STARS!!! ☆☆☆

→ FULL REVIEW: Click here ;)

Aside from the possibly accurate representation of the gritty Hollywood life, Maggie Marr brings to us a story about two people who couldn't be more opposite from each other. But, like they say, opposites attract. Dillon and Lane had such a strong connection from the very beginning and, for them to finally get their little bubble of happiness, they had to overcome challenges presented not only by them as individuals but also the shallowness of the e
Kelley
Jan 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Hard Glamour will take you on a emotional journey of heart. What the heart wants…well…is what the heart wants. I love reading bad boy/good girl romance. Maggie Marr puts together an amazing story about finding true love at the worst possible time. Dillon is a hot, sexy, and tattooed bad boy. I am a sucker for a smokin hot bad boy with tattoos. She had me hooked right then and there. Lane is an innocent from Kansas. Poor girl has to deal with the “Dorothy” comments quite a bit and I really feel h ...more
Tina
Feb 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Hard Glamour is the first book in the Glamour series buy Maggie Marr. This is the second book that I’ve read by Ms. Marr, and I have to admit that I thoroughly enjoy her writing style. I love when I can read a story and find myself feeling different emotions, and I definitely did that with this story. I laughed, I cried, and I even had a few times that I received a few strange looks because I laughed out loud. I will be downloading more books by Maggie Marr.

Lane Channing is determined to follow
KA Graham
Jan 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Lane Channing is a small town girl from Kansas, on her way to LA to make it in the entertainment industry. Little does she know, it’s gonna be a rough ride, and more than she ever expected! She shows up for her first day on the job, and finds out there actually is no job. Now she’s broke and basically homeless, and in need of a miracle.

Dillon MacAvoy is an up and coming movie action star, with an attitude to boot! He puts on this arrogant playboy persona, but behind the charade is a guy that wa
Mellamoureaux
Jan 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
To date Maggie Marr's best book! Loved it. It's a light, read (definitely for adults) :) but I like every character and looking forward to the series. I don't think I ever feel this way about "light reads".
I really wish goodreads had sections for ratings as I'm giving this a 5 rating for the type of book it is. don't pick it up to compare it to a different type of writing. Coming off of an intense series like Consequences, it was wonderful to enter the Hollywood adventure of Lane and the whirlw
Abbie Mason
Mar 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Lane moves to LA to follow her dream to work in the movie business. Her mom passed away and moving to LA was a promise she made her mom. Dillon is a new coming actor who is focusing on his career and the image he has worked on to become famous.
Meeting Lane completely upends everything in his life and he starts to question if his career is that important to him.

I really love this type of romance. Big movie star falling in love with a regular person. It's a bit cheesy and extreme but a fun and fe
Lisa (A Life Bound By Books)
3.5 Stars! This was a good read with two interesting characters and some great secondary characters too. There was a few points that lost me because they were a bit confusing for this reader. More about that in the full review for the blog tour.
Libby Waterford
Aug 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Highly engaging new adult novel. I liked the authentic young-Hollywood setting and thought Lane and Dillon made a good couple. I'm wondering how the author can push Amanda and Ryan together in the next book - it seems like they are worlds apart! Looking forward to finding out.
Feb 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
I was really surprised how much I liked this book. I loved all the characters. I was sad that Choo didn't keep calling Laney, Kansas or Dorothy. I can't wait to read Amanda and Ryan's HEA.
Stephanie ~
Dec 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing

My Review

***4.5 Stars***

I was in the mood for a book with a bad boys, smart mouths and steamy sex scenes and this book delivered!

I love these kinds of books! I fell in love with Hollywood Romances when I first read Love Unscripted by Tina Reber and NOTHING has come close to it... Until This!

The story starts with Lane Channing starting out to L.A. for a summer job at the most prestigious talent agency in town. The past year has been hard, her mother recently passed away and she is all on her own, but h
Konny
Jul 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Hard Glamour by Maggie Marr is the first book in the Glamour Series and can be read as a standalone.
Lane Channing follows her dream and is in Los Angeles for the summer. But nothing goes like expected. Her job is gone, shes broke and has no home.
Dillon MacAvoy is a up and coming movie star, a bad boy. He cares only for his career and his brother.
Lane becomes his script reader and one thing leads to another - aka a relationship of sorts. But he has to decide, love or career and he chooses the wro
Tracey
Mar 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Cute story line
Dena
Mar 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fell in love the story!!! Great Book!!
Chelsea (Starbucks & Books Obsession)
Hard Glamour was a romantic story about love, sacrifice and going for your dreams. It was an enjoyable read and I found it easy to get into and quick to read. While I didn’t love the characters or feel a heartfelt, special connection to them, I did like the characters and felt like they really grew and developed.

Lane is still greiveing the loss of her mother but before she passed, she made Lane promise she would go for her dreams. Lane wants to get into the entertainment business so she takes o
Zandalee
Jan 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
Rating: 3.5 stars

Dillon MacAvoy is the next big thing in Hollywood. He's been busy shooting film after film in order to make a name for himself in the movie industry, as well as being able to provide for himself and his brother Choo. Scripts are piling up and he has no one to read them on account of him having the need to sleep with every reader he gets.

Lane Channing arrives in LA, excited and eager to begin her new job which will pave her way into the industry. Lane's excitement quickly dimini
Veronica of V's Reads
Lane is in a real mess. She’s broke in LA, with no job, and her car has just been towed. The brief encounter with a gay mailboy at the talent agency didn’t seem like a portent–but it should have. That mailboy, Choo, is about to become her personal savior. See, the delightful Choo is the younger brother of a (potential) rising star–Dillon MacAvoy.

Dillon had been recently plucked from obscurity while on UCLA’s campus–tapped for his All-American good looks, he posed for some underwear ads, and a ye
Sheri
Mar 02, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
Okay, I'm going back and forth between a 2 and a 3. I wanted to break my reading slump and this book certainly did that cause now I'm on a mission for a better book. I'm honestly surprised I didn't dnf it, but I guess the hopeless romantic in me needed to see the happy ending.

It needed editing, the sex scenes to be shorter and less cheesy. Overall, it was pretty cliche. I wanted to like it, but mostly I just liked Amanda and Choo (supporting characters). Maybe no more NA for me.
Melissa
Dec 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
Hard Glamour (Glamour #1) by Maggie Marr
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

A promise to keep…

Honoring her mother's last wish, Lane Channing vows to follow her dreams. She takes the 'big risk' and leaves her small Kansas town behind and heads to LA, the city of dreams. She's got a stellar job lined up, an old jeep, and 20 bucks to last her to her first paycheck. Her hopes shatter when she arrives to find her job's been given to someone else. Now she's broke and will soon be living
Jenny

Hard Glamour(first in the series) introduces us to Dillon McAvoy and Lane Channing.

Lane is chasing a dream, a promise she kept to her deceased mother, in LA.
Lane, a country girl from Kansas, has zero luck from the very beginning of the story. She almost runs over the cocky, arrogant actor, Dillon McAvoy, where they have a standoff in front of many onlookers.
Dillon, who dubs Lane “Dorothy” was a bit of a douche even though Lane apologized.

After their meeting, Lane’s world continues to fall apart.
Michelle
Feb 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
GRRRR I loved about 95% of this book. I'm kind of pissed to be honest.

Okay first off, Dillon & Lane meeting was just funny. He was an ass though.
Which reminds me another thing I disliked about Dillon. In the beginning, he came off very strong, douchey and well, an ass. About I don't know, 30-40% in, he completely changes. It left me feeling a bit off. Not saying I didn't love him anymore. It was just an abrupt change.
He is an up and coming actor. Just imagine the pressure he has from his
Read The Book
Jan 03, 2015 rated it liked it
Joy
Jan 30, 2015 rated it did not like it

(view spoiler)
Larena
Feb 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Contemporary romance, LA

Lane Channing is determined to follow her dreams since it will be honoring her mother’s last wish. Lane is taking a big risk going to LA from her small Kansas town. She already has a job lined up luckily since she only has her old jeep and 20 dollars to last her until she gets paid. Everything changes and her hopes are shattered when she finds out that her job has been given to someone else and if she doesn’t find another job quickly she is going to be in a lot of trouble
  • Swoon
  • The Sheriff Takes a Bride (Las Morenas, # 4)
  • Marriage Reinvented
  • On Thin Ice
  • Hot Rebel (Hostile Operations Team, #6)
  • No Weddings (No Weddings, #1)
  • So Damn Beautiful (A New Adult Romance)
  • Not That Easy (Virgin, #2)
  • Irradiated (The Tunnel Trilogy, #1)
  • Trials (Rock Bottom, #2)
  • No Foolin'
  • This Wicked Rush (Wild Rush, #1)
  • Fierce (The Boys of Winter, #4)
  • Pawn's Dream
  • Gnome, Alaska
  • The Nullification Engine (The Alchemancer #2)
  • Reckless Hope (Letting Go, #2)
  • Thrown to the Wolves - The Legend of Hannah & Eli (Shapes of Autumn 0.5)
Hollywood Hot Shot by day....
Sexy Romance Author by night...

You can find me at all the usual sexy places:

www.maggiemarr.net
Join my newsletter list to hear about new releases, specials on books, contests, and prizes!

Facebook, Instagram, Twitter....

Also you can email me at:

maggiemarrbooks@gmail.com

xoMaggie

More about Maggie Marr

Glamour (6 books)
  • Broken Glamour (The Glamour Series, #2)
  • Fast Glamour (The Glamour Series, #3)
  • Easy Glamour (The Glamour Series, #4)
  • Luxe Glamour (The Glamour Series, #5)
  • Impossible Glamour (The Glamour Series, #6)

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Bend in the Road
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Flame and the Flower (Birmingham)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Some Kind of Hero (Troubleshooters, #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be
  • Love, Chloe
    $3.99 $1.99
“You’ve worked too hard to let an opportunity like this slip through your fingers—read the script.” 1 likes
“I wanted Lane. I wanted to keep her for my own. I wanted to lock her up in this house and keep her for me.” 0 likes