Start by marking “The Gift” as Want to Read:
The Gift

The Gift

It was the weekend before Christmas and the whole world was on countdown.
Except for me.
Last Christmas, I met a boy.
Last Christmas, we made a pact.
Christmas would never be the same.
Life would never be the same...

Please note that this is a short story, not a full length novel. It is a standalone and is intended to be a quick, fun and flirty read.
Published December 1st 2013 (first published November 29th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Gift, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Gift

Love, Holly Xx
Nov 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Fun, flirty and festive - The Gift by Karli Perrin is the perfect thing to put you in the mood *wink wink* this Christmas. With only 50 pages, this short story can easily be devoured in one sitting and will leave you filled with warm and fuzzy Christmas cheer.

I honestly LOVED everything about this fabulous little story. From the characters Blake and Imogen (Blake is MAJOR book boyfriend material), to the laugh-out-loud, witty dialogue that I've come to know and adore from Karli Perrin, and the s
bibliophile (Romance Addict)
"Mental note - hot guys and reading don't mix...unless the hot guy is actually in the book."

This book is fun and cute! I really like the flirty side, and it was a good short read!
Sophie  **2 Greek Girls Reading**
Jan 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: winter-themed
A great short story, perfect for Christmas period! Loved the dialogues between them, they were quite funny and sweet. Maybe a little corny at times, but it was really good. It makes you want to wish this was a full novel instead of a novella :)
Harriet ~ bookworm
4 FLIRTY, HAPPY, FUNNY, SWEET STARS!!

Ohhhh, I so wish this book was longer!!!

The Gift was my first short novella and I really loved it. I was smiling right from the beginning, Imogen and Blake was so funny and I loved their banter!

As it was only 50 pages I wasn't expecting much, at first it was all smiles and butterflies then BAM something happened and I checked my kindle it said 89% I was like NOOOO I need more smiles and butterflies. With everything that happened it was surprising it didn't
Dianne
The Gift by Karli Perrin had me smiling throughout this short read! A happy and delightful Holiday quickie that ended far too soon, or was that what made it such a perfect light read? Two strangers, Santa's lap, and the magic of Christmas all come together for Blake and Imogen!

Karli Perrin took some major "dream boyfriend" material and a cute and sassy spark of "awesome girlfriend" material, swirled it in the magic of Christmas and made me smile in short order! I wanted a light escape, I got it
Jules
Nov 18, 2014 rated it it was ok
Flirty Romance. Think I'm getting too old for the kind of conversations in this short story, as I didn't relate to them at all.
❤️Melanie
Dec 24, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cutie, sweet & fun

This was a cute easy free read. This light hearted Christmas story was very enjoyable. If your looking for a quick easy holiday story...This is a good one.
❃**✿【Yasmine】✿**❃
Great short, witty, sexy and sweet read. Lovely banter.
Claire - The Coffeeholic Bookworm
Santa Claus and Mrs. Santa finally met in an igloo while the elves went about themselves. Little did they know that this was going to be the start of a heavily-coded conversations and dates in libraries and hot dog stands.

Imogen and Blake are two cute characters you’d want to meet. I love their interactions with each other, it wasn’t rushed but it wasn’t slow either. I liked that they didn’t kiss until the end, that seldom happens in books anymore. I liked that this story can be read within minu
Mayu
5/10

Hacía semanas que The gift estaba en mi estantería, y estaba impaciente por leerlo, pero también temía que no me gustara. ¿Y sabéis qué? Ya lo he leído, por fin, así que... ¡adiós dudas! The gift me ha gustado mucho, es un relato maravilloso, deliciosamente divertido, cargado de positividad, es una pequeña joyita, y es una delicia, y ojalá Karli Perrin se compadeciera de mí y escribiera más de esta historia de amor, porque de verdad, es muy bonita y chispeante, es increíble, y los protagonis
Trish at Between My Lines
Nov 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: na, reviews-done
The Gift is a Christmas Shorty that might be short on word count but it makes up for it with its super sweet, warm and funny content.

My Recap :

Last Christmas Imogen met a boy and made a pact. Now she is thinking back to what exactly happened. Or maybe we should say who happened.

First Line of The Gift :

“My jaw dropped when Hannah revealed our fancy dress costumes.”

My Thoughts on The Gift :

Some novellas just don’t work, they are so short that they make no impression whatsoever on me. Not so this o
Kat
Feb 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Aquí vengo con otra lectura. Es un libro super cortito con el tema de Navidad.
Es realmente precioso.

Blake e Imogen se conocen en una fiesta a donde sus respectivos amigos, los arrastran. Y bueno, salta la chispa. Desde ese día empiezan a verse y a tener citas.. y..
MIERDA, ¡BLAKE! QUIERO UN BLAKE POR FAVOR, LO DESEO, LO NECESITO.

description

Ok ya. Se los recomiendo mucho si quieren una lectura ligera, preciosa y cortita.
Van a amarlo.
Louise BookbestiesUK
Nov 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: blog-arcs
***Arc received from author for honest review***

Fun festive read!

Sweet little story telling how Imogen and Blake got together one christmas.

Blake was a sweet guy, funny and attractive.

Imogen was a fun character, up for a laugh.

The banter between these two was fun, especially the way they meet.

I found myself hoping that my kindle progress bar was lying and that we'd have at least a few more pages of these 2.

I'm hoping Karli was testing the waters with these characters as I'd love to see mor
Monserrat Maxfield Markov
Feb 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: new-adult
La mejor historia corta que he leído.
J
Dec 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A very, very short but adorable story about two people meeting at Christmas time who have an instant connection.
Vani
Feb 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Lo empecé a leer porque tenía una ratito libre y era cortito.
Y lo amé.
Me reí mucho, amé a Blake y definitivamente quería muchas páginas más ^^
Ann Walker
Nov 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a fab little story and perfect to get you in the Christmas spirit. I loved the chemistry between the main characters, it was a unique story. Yes, I really enjoyed it!! I'm learning quickly that this author does write wonderful books.
Tracy W (Tracy&HelensRomanceBlog)
What a sweet little story!!

For anyone wanting a little Christmas story, you can’t beat this one...I loved it and again Karli has made a fun loving romance...I loved the chemistry between these characters and the banter and laughs they had. It had excitement in there story....

I loved how these 2 had a instant connection and you could feel the emotions between them while reading the story.

Definitely a 5 ⭐ read and suck a lovely little story.
Rebecca
Nov 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
I absolutely adored The Gift. It was a lovely, flirty, cheeky short story made perfectly for the festive season. The author, Karli Perrin , has her own "gift" for creating fantastic characters and creating a sizzling chemistry and atmosphere between them. This can be seen clearly in Karli's first novel April Fools where we meet April Adams, Isaac Sharpe and Lukas Roberts. If you haven't already, you should definitely have a read and meet the characters yourself, you'll love them, I promise!

Anywa
Ki
Nov 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
"What! What!!!!!!"

That was what I was saying at the end of this story.

But I just got to say that I absolutely loved this. LOVED IT!!!

From the very beginning I was hooked and from the very first meeting I couldn't stop smiling. For reals.

This story was so romantic it was like, I don't know, a miracle, a dream come true, something out of a book! Mind blowing, for me anyways. And Love at first sight! And I wanted this to happen to me!!!! I am single so I can dream can't I.

I was all smiles and giddy
**ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review**

3.5 Stars

I love the holidays especially Christmas, so around this time of the year I am always looking for a great holiday read. When I was contacted to review this novella by the author I was completely excited!!! I knew going in that it was going to be a novella, so I knew it was short and quick. When a book is this short and quick it is really hard to write a review for it, so I apologize now if this is on the short side.

This book was
Lauren ♥ Inked in Chapters
I have had books by Karli Perrin sitting on my kindle for months now. MONTHS. That is not at all acceptable. I wasn’t at all familiar with her writing so I figured I’d start out small. The Gift was the perfect introduction to Karli’s writing style. It’s a short story. When I say short, I mean short. This is not a full length novel. It’s not even a novella. It is a short story. So before you buy it, make sure you’re aware of that fact.

The Gift is told from the POV of Imogen. I fell in love with
Jessica
Nov 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: new-adult, reviewed
Sometimes a heartwarming story about falling in love is just what you need to fill your heart. The Gift is just the holiday shortie to do that. A love story doesn't always need to be messy, complicated, and full of angst. It can be as simple as two people meeting, flirting, and then wanting to get to know one another.

This is how this story goes with Imogen and Blake. A chance meeting at a party leads them to exchange some particularly witty banter that definitely left me with a big grin on my f
Jhed Parico
Nov 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013
Hello! Blake be real please! Like, right here by my side. It'll be Christmas soon!
OMYGOSH. OMYGOSH! Wow. I don't know what to say. A story has never gotten me this speechless. I was basically going to have a one word review about this, well, basically, Jassie from Clap, Stomp, Jump and I were planning to have a one-word review. It was just supposed to be: SWOON. But I wanted to add CUTE, FUNNY, and FLIRTY. And it was a big UGH. My gosh! I know my heart basically stopped and melted before I fini
Cami
Nov 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book may be short, but Karli has a way of grasping your attention from the very first page until the perfect ending. It never ceases to amaze me just how easily Karli can make me fall in love with characters! She’s not the type of author to put pointless filler in her books – which I’m SO thankful for. Some authors tend to have me skimming pages, but she always finds a way to keep me interested. This book is no exception to that rule.

Imogen is the type of person that I’m sure would be an in
Z. Elizabeth
Nov 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
You know how much I love my twinnie right? So when she told me she was writing a secret project, i wanted to know desperately what it was but she kept quiet. Then one day, so told me and helllllllo The Gift file in my inbox. I had finished worked, read it waiting for my train, then the bus home and just as i was getting to my stop i had finished it.

It’s not very long, but Karli certainly knows how to hone you in, how to give her characters personality and life in a short amount of words and page
Bianca
Nov 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
For my first 'festive' book of the season, I'm extremely happy! This story had all the right elements and a definite Christmas feel to it.

I wasn't sure what to expect when reading this story, the blurb didn't give much away. The Gift is fun and flirty. It's full of witty banter and some serious sizzling chemistry. Imogen meets Blake at a Christmas party, and there's an undeniable attraction to one another. They spend time with one together, inevitably growing closer, only to experience somethin
Lindsey Melia
Nov 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Awwww I can't get over how much I loved this book for a short story. Even thought I wanted so much more from the characters,I fully enjoyed it. I'm just been greedy and wanting more from Blake and Imogen ;) They were so loveable! Literally from the first page they were in it,I knew I was done. She is so sarcastic and has an answer for EVERYTHING. BUT she had met her match in Blake as he gives out as much as he takes.

The Gift really and truly is a loving Christmas tale.

Imogen is our main girl w
Wendy
Dec 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
The Gift by Karli Perrin really is just that, a gift, a little gem of a read. Perfect for a Saturday afternoon, curled up on the sofa with the dog and a cuppa. Short but totally sweet.

First we meet Imogen:

“I decided that the next guy to get into my pants would be ‘the one’. You might have heard about him – he’s tall, dark and handsome”.

She’s been single for over a year and Hannah, her in your face friend is determined to make her have some fun.

Set around Christmas time, Imogen meets a sexy santa
Erin
Dec 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is Karli's first Christmas story and the cover exudes Christmassyness, but also ties in with the story which I though was quite nice. The blurb really sets you up for the whole story, which is a reflective tale of one year earlier for main character Imogen.

She is getting ready to go out with her friend Hannah, who has offered up a rather saucy Mrs Claus outfit for her to wear. Outside of her comfort zone Imogen gives in and wears the costume. What then unfolds is the beginning of her Santa
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Hope Breaks
  • Unveiled Ties (Intoxicating Passion, #2)
  • By Degrees
  • The Love Letter
  • Sarah Mine
  • Wrapped in Lace
  • Make Me
  • Chat
  • Warmth in Ice (Find You in the Dark, #2.5)
  • Lost (Lost, #0.5)
  • Speed Of My Heart
  • Hot for the Holidays
  • Fangs, Fur and Mistletoe (Mystic Isle, #1)
  • Off The Market (The 12 NA's of Christmas)
  • Unexpected Endings (Castle Mountain Lodge, #2.5)
  • Hell on Heels Christmas
  • Mistletoe Magic
  • Awake (Big City Nights, #1)
Karli Perrin is an English Language and Linguistics graduate from Manchester, England. She has always been a big lover of books (and pizza) and was inspired to write her debut novel back in 2013. She is a huge believer of fate and is a sucker for a happy ending. Her ultimate goal in life is to live in a house made entirely out of books with her husband and two kids.
...Hogwarts is plan B.
“It's easy to forget that life is the greatest gift of all” 8 likes
“Sometimes it's easy to get caught up in life and take things for granted.” 1 likes