Start by marking “Batman Black and White #1” as Want to Read:
Batman Black and White #1

Batman Black and White #1

(Batman Black & White (2013-) #1)

The legendary, Eisner Award-winning series BATMAN BLACK AND WHITE returns in a brand-new six-issue miniseries featuring tales of The Dark Knight by some of comics’ greatest writers and artists! This first issue kicks off with stories by Chip Kidd and Michael Cho, Neal Adams, Joe Quinones and Maris Wicks, John Arcudi and Sean Murphy, and Howard Mackie and Chris Samnee!
Published September 4th 2013 by DC Comics

To ask other readers questions about Batman Black and White #1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Batman Black and White #1

Lᴀʏᴀ Rᴀɴɪ #BookDiet2019
When I picked up the current run for Batman: Black and White two months ago, I first read the fourth and fifth issues because those were the only available copies I could buy at the time. I received the latter issue more warmly than the former, to be honest. Basically, B&W is a collection of flash fiction concerning Batman and these stories are drawn in pencil illustrations as the title suggests. I have always been intrigued with the concept of writing and drawing Batman in black and white l ...more
Sam Quixote
Nov 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Brilliant return of the critically acclaimed Batman: Black and White series gets off to a tremendous start. Maris Wicks' story stands out as she writes a great Harley and Ivy tale, though, for better or worse, Neal Adams' Batman: Zombie story steals the issue. Read the full review here!
Kezia
Jan 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
I hope DC keeps making stuff like this, it's brilliant. 4.5 stars
Al
Feb 23, 2014 rated it liked it
Six styles on Batman: the kitsch pop-art, foolish and nonsense, almost psychedelic, to a 60's Batman ("Don't Know Where, Don't Know When" - written by Chip Kidd / illustrated by Michael Cho), the deforming (and engaged) sketches which fit like a rotten glove on a "Batman Zombie" (written and illustrated by Neal Adams), the funny and clean mangai on "Justice is Served" (written by Joe Quinones / illustrated by Maris Wicks), the psychological thriller "Driven" (written by John Arcudi / illustrated ...more
These vignettes grant glimpses of the good, the bad, the absurd and the hokey-pokey of Gotham City. From Harley and Poison Ivy dispensing kick-ass justice while Batman stands by benignly (or helplessly) to the uber-weird Zombie Batman, each artist renders their vision of a glance into Batman's world and legacy.
Francis Fernandez
Feb 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
A bunch of mini stories from different artists and writers. It's a nice collection of various stories that give different viewpoints of Batman and his enemies. It's not bad, it's not great, but it's still good enough to check out.
Patrick
Jul 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
That Neal Adams story was great, I'd love for him to do a series of issues like that.
Chandra
Jan 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
I like the concept of having a variety of Batman stories collected together, especially since each was a little different. I have more issues to read through, so we'll see how the idea holds up.
Ariana
Oct 19, 2015 rated it liked it
So, I think this was a great start.
Patrick
Aug 27, 2016
Brian Callahan
Nov 23, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Chip Kidd is an American author, editor and graphic designer, best known for his innovative book covers.

Born in Reading, Pennsylvania, Kidd grew up in a Philadelphia suburb, strongly influenced by American popular culture. While a design student at Penn State, an art instructor once gave the assignment to design a book cover for Museums and Women by John Updike, who is also a Shillington native. T

Batman Black & White (2013-) (6 books)
  • Batman Black and White #2