Start by marking “Alone No More (Adrian's Undead Diary #2)” as Want to Read:
Alone No More (Adrian's Undead Diary #2)

Alone No More

(Adrian's Undead Diary #2)

Realizing you have a surviving neighbor after the world is overtaken by the undead isn't always a good thing.

Unless that neighbor is the grumpy, armed and retired Green Beret Gilbert Donohue. In that case, finding out you've got a neighbor is a lot like hitting the proverbial jackpot. Adrian's piecemeal life on campus since "That Day" has been a struggle. Retrieving suppli
Paperback, 1, 274 pages
Published November 11th 2013 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform (first published November 8th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Alone No More, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Alone No More

Adore Me by Jillian DoddMine by Katy EvansAlone No More by Chris PhilbrookWorld After by Susan EeThe Edge of Always by J.A. Redmerski
Best books of November, 2013
60 books — 213 voters
World War Z by Max BrooksThe Zombie Survival Guide by Max BrooksThe Walking Dead, Vol. 1 by Robert KirkmanFeed by Mira GrantPride and Prejudice and Zombies by Seth Grahame-Smith
Zombies!
1,520 books — 4,203 voters

More lists with this book...

Pamellia
Apr 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Those enjoying good stories
Recommended to Pamellia by: amazon search, I think
Shelves: 2014
Alone No More (Adrian's Undead Diary, Book 2) by Chris Philbrook
Began read, 4.25.2014. Completed, 4.26.2014

After completing the first book in this series, I was ready to keep reading about Adrian and his post apocalyptic adventures. The title indicated he was going to meet some real living people and I wondered who they might be.

I was not disappointed in the story. Adrian had some scary and uplifting adventures in this book. Don't want to give any thing away, but I think it's worth reading if y
AudioBookReviewer
Oct 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
ABR's full Alone No More (Adrian’s Undead Diary Book 2) audiobook review and many others can be found at Audiobook Reviewer.

It has taken me way too long to get back to the simple world that Chris Philbrook has created for Adrian. By simple I mean pretty straight forward as far as a zombie apocalypse is concerned.

Beware that this is book 2 in a series, so it might do you some good to listen to the first book first. Even thought I believe that Alone No More can stand by itself if need be.

At first
Shana Festa
Dec 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: zombies, best-of-2014
Book 2 of Adrians Undead Diary delivers as big a punch as its predecessor. Alone No More begins with more back story of several other characters individual experience (and subsequent demise) during the initial outbreak. Chris Philbrook does an excellent job of toggling between those vignettes and Mr. Journal. Once again, I found myself laughing out loud to Adrian's snarky entries into his trusted diary.

Philbrook tells the story of the schools female soccer team as their Coach is bitten and heroi
Tracy
Sep 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-audible
review to follow. . .
Lyndsay-ann
Nov 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Zombie fans
Shelves: giveaway-wins, zombie
Loved it! This book was awesome. One of the best zombie books I've read. It had an amazing story, and great characters.

I won this as a Goodreads giveaway, so thank you very much to the author, Chris Philbrook, for giving me the oportunity to read his book. And thank you very much for the Hell, Population Full sticker. Love it!

It is funny though. When I entered the giveaway for this book I also entered to win Book 1. This is Book 2, which I won, but I haven't read Book 1. So while reading it, I w
Misha
Nov 12, 2014 rated it liked it
As the zombie apocalypses go this is a pretty good read for the fans of the genre. Though must admit: reading about the hero cleaning up abandoned houses can be captivating ... for the first three or four houses at the most . After that it becomes right out BORING!!! So more action and less inventarisation would be a welcome change. Unfortunately the third book broke me as I couldn't take pages upon pages of listing weapons, bullets and food cans any longer.

Goodbye Adrian, you are a helluva guy!
Thalarctos
Apr 20, 2014 rated it did not like it
I bought this one and the next in the series, but I couldn't finish this one. The story was good, but the unpolished writing kept knocking me out of the story and back to reality too often. Might be ok for others, but doesn't work for me.
Carissa
Nov 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is one of my favorite books in the AUD series! Gilbert is one badass dude, and he's an incredible character that adds so much to the story of Adrian and his wayward band of soldiers. Make sure to buy this book and read it! You won't be disappointed :)
Rosann
Apr 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Despite my one and ONLY grief for this book ( and book 1 too) I am still rating this a 5 star!

Ok, so here goes the grief... when Adrian settles down the for the evening and opens his laptop to type in what has been going on for that day or past few days, the nick name he has given his journal is.... Mr. Journal.
And... well, I just cannot see the character Adrian using that type of nickname, even Tom Hanks called his basketball " Wilson".
When I went to a Thesauruses site and typed in Journal....
Nichole
Apr 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
In the second book of Adrian's Diary, he fills in some of the gaps from the day it all started to the present. Adrian paints a very good picture of how the world has changed since the outbreak and what he's doing to survive. Unfortunately, it can get a bit repetitive. That's not to say it wasn't interesting because Adrian faces many challenges while scouting for goods. He's smart, he's funny, he's resourceful and logical, he gets hurt and he has nobody to help him as he makes a safe haven for hi ...more
Sherry Jensen
Nov 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing

I cannot begin to count the hours of reading pleasure that Chris has given me with Adrian's Undead Diary. His writing style makes every house that he goes to real in your mind. With each character's description, you feel like you know them, and you get so emotionally wrapped up with them because they just seem so damn REAL.
No, I am not a crazy nutjob, I am 55 years old, a nursing student and an avid reader of this genre, just check out my Kindle, every book on it is a Zombie apoc. book. and now
Thia
Aug 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. Well written, good characters, and interesting twists and turns with just a touch or dry sense of dark humor. It also deviates from the main character to many side stories of other survivors' first days that are tangentially related to the main character. The basic story is regular guy with a little military experience (not Rambo but not a goofball either) writing a journal about the end of the world by zombie apocalypse. It isn't really journal style though because i ...more
Shelli
Nov 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Adrian's Undead Diary was my first post apocolyptic zombie book. I never would read them because I thought it would be lame. I got bored at work one day and came across his website and after reading the first entry, I was like, hey this is pretty darn good, I'm going to keep going. I didn't stop reading until my shift was over! They got no more work out of me for the day! And went home and started reading it again. I rarely can find a book that I can't put down, but this is one of them. The plot ...more
Joshua Christensen
Nov 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
If you have read book one in the AUD series (Adrian' s undead diary), then you will not need my review to get you to buy book two and the rest. However, if this is all new to you then buy Book One "Dark Recollections" and read through page 100. I guarantee at that point you will have laughed, cried, and become totally engrossed in the characters, the story, and most of all Chris Philbrook's writing style. After page 100 of Dark Recollections you will want to jump on amazon and order Book Two "Al ...more
Jamie Rogers
Jan 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I am SUPER excited to finally have Chris' writings on my bookshelf!!! I cannot praise his work enough, and am so happy to finally be able to put AUD alongside my other favorite books. This is the second book in the series and is just as good as the first. Even though I've read the entire story (multiple times) I still find myself saying "I'll go to sleep after just ONE more journal entry!!" Yep. It's THAT awesome. Do yourself a HUGE favor, go buy Dark Recollections if you haven't already. Then g ...more
Kandi
Nov 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I really just cannot say enough good things about this series and am absolutely thrilled to finally see these much loved characters go to print. The introduction in this volume of the character Gilbert was like adding good paprika to Hungarian goulash. Such a rich addition to the story. I loved him immediately, but even more so since hearing he was loosely based on the author's own dad. Also the side stories add additional intriguing threads to the fabric of the tale. Excellent story telling :)
Taddy
Jan 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I'm a zombie book loving kind of gal. However I have needed something different to read lately, something witty, yet gory enough, basically zombie enough without being too cliche and too cookie cutter. I definitely found that with Chris Phillbrook's Adrian's Undead Diary Series. This second book does not disappoint. It's everything the first book had and more. I couldn't wait to buy the third book the second this book was done, so I didn't. third book purchased and reading started!
Michael Beard
Dec 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
First, I have to say that the author is a really good story teller. I read this fairly quick as it was hard to put down. I do feel that I was force fed a little about how awesome Adrian (main character) is, especially from the 3rd party perspectives. It gives you the feeling that the author has a huge man crush on Adrian (which is probably supposed to be the case). With that said, Adrian is a cool and hilarious guy.
Patrick Binks
Nov 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book of Adrian's Undead Diary, and it was incredible. New characters and lots of zombie mayhem. Chris Philbrook is quickly becoming one of my favorite authors. Adrian is the Terminator of the Zombie Apocalypse, he's full of whit and grit. If your looking for the best zombie story out there, then you have found it with this series. Can't wait to get the next book.
Mark Kingery
Nov 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
One of the best book series out, Chris with his story writing style will make you want to keep reading and longing for more when you are done. This story started out as an internet blog and I could not wait for it to come out in book format. The wait is now over and worth the purchase.

Lucas Hamasaki
Oct 13, 2017 rated it it was ok
Boring. Really boring. Nothing ever happens, it’s just the MC thinking he’s funny and witty. He isn’t.

Lots of side stories for no good reason, they’re long and boring as well.

Meh.

Oh, and lots of stupid mistakes too. “You’re mom is sick” and such.
Carey
Nov 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The AMAZING, continuing saga of Adrian Ring and his attempt to survive the dangers of the undead and now those who are alive!
Not every person he comes across has honorable intent. How can he trust anyone in this new world, and when does he have to?
Chris Redd
Nov 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is the second installment of Philbrooks Adrians Undead Diary series, and is absolutely as compelling as the first. Once you start, you will not be able to set this down. If you have read the first installment, then no doubt you are hungry for this one!
Micah Davis
Dec 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Chris does something that few authors have done before for me.... He makes me want to get to the end of the book.... Now that I'm there when does the next one come out?
Frances Hampton
Mar 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: zombie
Second book in the series. I was not disappointed. This book brought in more players and more action. I love the pacing of it. It truly takes you into Adrian's head as well as his new world.
Delaina
Nov 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
amazing as always. So real. So easy to identify with!
Patty
Jan 30, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: audio-books, zombies
A great sequel. I only gave it 3 stars instead of 4 stars b/c I didn't like a turn the story took. Personal preference.
Samira
Nov 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
You may not have heard Chris Philbrook's name yet but you will! Excellent zombie fictions with heroes you love and will never forget. Read and re-read...it will never get old!
Janet Singleton
Feb 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Great second book. Love this series.
Douglas Debner
Jul 03, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I just noticed this book has a 4.3 goodreads rating- how many friends does this author have. I would give this book negative stars if I could for one simple reason- it doesn't tell a story. Note, I said the same about book 1 in this series and I wouldn't have bothered with book 2 at all except it was short and already on my phone.

Basically all that happens in this book is the MC meets a neighbor who he can work with and a former student returns with her family to stay. Even though the former st

• This Plague of Days OMNIBUS EDITION: The Complete Three Seasons of the Zombie Apocalypse Series
  • The Dying of the Light: End (The Dying of the Light, #1)
  • The Passenger (Surviving the Dead, #3.5)
  • Life Among the Dead
  • Origins (Dead Highways #1)
  • The King of Clayfield
  • Cure (Strandville Zombie Series, #1)
  • Tankbread (Tankbread, #1)
  • Dead: Revelations (Dead, #2)
  • Among the Dead and Dying (Among the Masses Book 1)
  • The Z Word (Apocalypse Babes, #1)
  • Only The Dead Live Forever (Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, #3)
  • The Book of Riley 3 (The Book of Riley #3)
  • As The World Dies Untold Tales Volume 3
  • Z-Burbia (Z-Burbia, #1)
  • Ravage (Ravaged World Trilogy, #2) (Damienverse, #6)
  • Devoured (The Hunger #1)
  • The Tilian Virus (The Pandemic Sequence #1)
About Chris Philbrook

I am the creator and author of Tesser: A Dragon Among Us as well as Elmoryn's The Kinless Trilogy, Colony Lost and Adrian's Undead Diary.

I've gone to a LOT of college. I've got a Business degree as well as a Psychology degree, and I've done the full program at the school of hard knocks. I've been a printing press operator, bouncer, purchasing agent, bodyguard, customer servi

Adrian's Undead Diary (10 books)
  • Dark Recollections (Adrian's Undead Diary #1)
  • Midnight (Adrian's Undead Diary #3)
  • The Failed Coward (Adrian's Undead Diary #4)
  • Wrath (Adrian's Undead Diary #5)
  • In the Arms of Family (Adrian's Undead Diary #6)
  • The Trinity (Adrian's Undead Diary #7)
  • Cassie (Adrian's Undead Diary #8)
  • The Dealer of Hope: Adrian's March Part One (Adrian's Undead Diary #9)
  • The Last Resort: Adrian's March Part Two (Adrian's Undead Diary #10)
“Maybe this is a curse. Surely humanity has earned some payback from up on high. We treat each other like shit, we wage war constantly, we fight over beliefs, we destroy our environment. We seem to do everything wrong en masse, and perhaps some greater power has decided that it’s time we were put in our place.” 0 likes