Start by marking “I Adored a Lord (The Prince Catchers, #2)” as Want to Read:
I Adored a Lord (The Prince Catchers, #2)

I Adored a Lord (The Prince Catchers #2)

3.78 of 5 stars 3.78  ·  rating details  ·  546 ratings  ·  97 reviews
Three very different sisters beguile society with their beauty and charm, but only one of them must fulfill a prophecy: marry a prince. Who is the mystery Prince Charming, and which sister will be his bride?

All that clever, passionate Ravenna Caulfield wants is to stay far away from high society's mean girls.

All that handsome, heroic Lord Vitor Courtenay wants is to dash f
Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Published July 29th 2014 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about I Adored a Lord, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Adored a Lord

Caz

The second book in Ms Ashe’s Prince Catchers trilogy focuses on Ravenna, the youngest of the three foundling sisters who have lived for a number of years under the guardianship of Mr Martin Caulfield, the vicar of a small country parish. In the previous book, I Married the Duke, a fortune teller prophesied that when one of them married a prince, they would finally discover the truth about their parentage. Arabella, the middle sister, is determined to fulfil the prophecy, but ends up f
MRB
I've been feeling a little disillusioned with this genre lately. I guess the hazard of devouring such a ridiculous number of historical romances is that they all start to feel annoyingly similar :) I've actually taken a bit of a break from romance this summer, starting very few of them and bothering to finish even fewer.

I made an exception for this book because I absolutely love Katharine Ashe's writing style even if I don't always love WHAT she writes (more about that later!) and, well, because
Kyraryker
If you like the game Clue with some romance thrown in, you'll probably like this story. For me, there were way too many characters thrown in the mix, to the point I was still racking my brain for who was who half way through the book. The storyline involving the murder mystery was very convoluted and stole a lot of time away from what I thought worked, the chemistry and romance between the leads. Katharine Ashe, in my opinion, really shines when her writing focuses and explores the depth of emot ...more
Angie Elle
This book was provided by Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review.

This was my first book from Katharine Ashe, and what an introduction it was! I ADORED A LORD was essentially a story about an historical game of Clue—you know...the cook did it in the kitchen with the butter knife—with some romance tossed in! Though this book was the second in the series, I have not read the first and didn't feel lost while reading this one.

Ravenna was a wonderful heroine. Though her life didn't measure up by s
Dina
4 1/2 stars (rounded down to 4 stars, because the mystery plot was a bit convoluted - but everything else was perrrrfect!)
Alyssa
***Review posted on The Eater of Books! blog***

I Adored A Lord by Katharine Ashe
Book Two of The Prince Catchers series
Publisher: Avon
Publication Date: July 29, 2014
Rating: 4 stars
Source: eARC from Edelweiss

***Warning: this is an adult book, and for the eyes of mature readers***

Summary (from Goodreads):

Courtnie
I ended up liking it a lot more towards the end than I thought I would - because really, this is like a 2.5 star read.

This is a cozy mystery and historical romance hybrid. My main issue was how the relationship between H/hr developed. The dialogue between Ravenna and Vitor was stilted and awkward at times. Ravenna's personality is one of practicalism and self-reliance, and with her medical work with animals, it makes sense. She's not particularly witty or feminine, but yet she wins Vitor, Lord C
Miranda
 photo really_zps2u9stdyv.gif

2 'are you serious?' stars

I'm not even sure what to put here. I didn't like this story. I usually love Katharine Ashe but this one didn't do it for me. I'm so disappointed. I was hoping I'd like it but it was a slow, terrible read for me. I'm glad everyone else seemed to enjoy it. I am the minority that didn't.
Nastassja
Jul 30, 2015 Nastassja rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: lovers of good romance and mystery all mixed with excellent humor
Ravenna Caulfield’s ruination began with a bird, continued with a pitchfork, and culminated with a corpse wearing a suit of armor.

I adored a lord is a great representative of historical romance genre. This book has lovely MCs, beautiful romance, mystery and a LOTS of excellent humor. Mostly humor part was everywhere and it kept the book in a lighter mood than the previous one or the next one.

From the first pages it was easy for me to connect with our MC Ravenna. She is intelligent lovely hero

Kate
This book was kind of a disaster for me. I liked the hero and heroine a lot, but the plot was ridiculous and poorly planned and it really hurt the storytelling and the romance. The mystery elements were ridiculous and barely foreshadowed and I just didn't buy into any of the things going on in the background.
Lover of Romance
Ravenna Caulfield, is one of the three sisters, was raised on a humble farm and has a great love for animals. Ravenna has been brought to a country house, with a few other young ladies, to try to catch the eye of the prince. While exploring the barn she stumbles across some puppies, and finds a runt that she would love to keep. Then a strange man enters and they stumble across each other, which leads to a sensual kiss, but leads them to coming across a dead corpse in a suit of armor. Soon Ravenn ...more
Emily
Ravenna Caulfield beats to her own drummer, as free spirit of sorts she has made her way in life doing what is not expected by a young lady in society. Finding a home with two elderly men and tending to their animals has given Ravenna a cause, until she loses a beloved pet and finds herself again unsettled.

When Ravenna is swept away to a bride hunt for a Prince, she can think of a hundred other things she would rather do. With an incident with a mysterious man and a dead body discovered, things
Farrah
A charming read, with sweet romance and thrilling mystery, I Adored a Lord was a lovely historical romance. I really enjoyed reading this wonderful book.

Ravenna was a great heroine. She was clever, kind-hearted, and had a quietly strong will. She wasn't a particularly memorable character, but I did like her.

Vitor was wonderful. He was so sweet, eminently honorable, and very clever. He was a true gentleman that was also remarkably resilient. I absolutely adored him.

The romance was very sweet. Rav
Andrea
"If you will allow me to hold you, I will never let you go.”

I Adored a Lord was So. Very. Good.

This is a book that delivers personal journeys of two exceedingly likable leading characters, a romance that will squeeze the heart, a house party in a French chateau, and a murder mystery. So yes, I Adored a Lord was mysterious and romantic and so much fun.

If you've read any of The Prince Catcher books, you'll know about the Caulfield sisters' long and twisting search for the truth about their paren
Melody May
Posted on What I'm Reading

When I started I Adored a Lord, oh my gosh I'm reading the regency version of Clue. For those who love that game and regency you are going to love I Adore a Lord. I can't say if it's anything like the movie, because I have never seen it. Anyway, a murder happens and Ravenna and Vitor try to figure out who dun it. I have to say that it was pretty interesting to see how Ravenna and Vitor whittle their way through the suspects. Let me say, that I was never very good at the
Lisarenee
My Synopsis:

“This ring is the key to your destinies,” (...) “This ring . . .” the Gypsy intoned, “belongs to a prince.”(...) “The rightful master of this ring,” she said soberly, “is not of your blood.” (...) “One of you will wed this prince. Upon this wedding, the secret of your past will be revealed.” ('I Married the Duke' by Katharine Ashe)

Twenty-two years ago, a mother sent her three daughters to England in the accompaniment of their nanny when their ship sank. They were the soul survivors
Les Romantiques
Posted on Les Romantiques - Le forum du site
Reviewed by Fabiola
Review Copy from the Publisher

I adored a Lord is the third volume of the Prince catchers series by Katharine Ashe. I loved the first volume, I married the Duke (review here: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show... ) and I liked the second one, a novella titled Kisses, she wrote (review here: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show... ). However, even if I was waiting for this book with some eagerness, I was afraid to be disappointed.

T
Leona

Review of I Adored a Lord by Katharine Ashe

Book description from amazon.com
Publication Date: July 29, 2014

All that handsome, heroic Lord Vitor Courtenay wants is to dash from dangerous ad
Amy
tess75
Un deuxième tome meilleur que le premier ! L'héroïne est une femme volontaire, comme je les aime, et le héro est à la fois secret et séducteur. C'est un beau couple. La relation entre sir Beverley et Pettigrew est très touchante, l'auteur la décrit avec beaucoup de pudeur.
Je suis un peu déçue par un détail : on n'en apprend pas plus à propos du secret de la naissance des trois soeurs même si des indices sont donnés à propos de la possible origine de Ravenna. Le personnage de Taeslin prend de l'i
Sandie

Ravenna Caulfield has had an unconventional life. Living in an orphanage as a small child with her two sisters, all three were adopted by a rural pastor. Although most women in 1800's England lead a structured, restrictive life, Ravenna could not do that. She spent her time roaming out of doors, accompanied by her best friend, her dog. Along the way, she learned how to take care of animals and then humans from those around her. At seventeen, she hires herself out to a nobleman to take care of hi
Nikita
Ravenna Caulfield is one of three sisters raised by a local vicar, Mr. Michaels Caulfield. For the past six years, Ravenna has lived with Sir Beverley Clark and his lifetime companion Mr. Pettigrew caring for their numerous birds, dogs, cats, and occasional farm-animal. Ravenna’s sister, Arabella, recently married a Duke and believes Ravenna should marry someone of equal or greater social status. Ravenna soon finds herself at a house party in France thrown for the sole purpose of finding Prince ...more
Becca
This was fun. The heroine was not of the upper class and she adored animals. The hero was very handsome and a natural leader. I thought they had great chemistry and I enjoyed the scenes or them together, especially because they had a physical as well as intellectual connection.

As other reviewers have pointed out, this book was a bit like a game of Clue, and to be honest, I'm still not quite sure of how the murder was completed and who was involved. Needless to say, it was so convoluted, you won'
Ang
I Adored "I Adored a Lord" When a stolen kiss in a stable leads to a corpse in a suit of armor, a canine kidnapping, and any number of scandalous liaisons, Ravenna and Vitor find themselves wrapped in a mystery they're perfectly paired to solve. But as for the mysteries of love and sex, Vitor's not about to let Ravenna escape until he's gotten what he desires . . .

Due to a prophecy given to her sister (in Book 1, “I Married a Prince”), one of Ravenna’s three sisters is to marry a Prince and when
Nita
Why I really, really enjoyed this book:

Ravenna Caulfield, our heroine. So much compassion and smarts. She's lovely and just a little vulnerable. She loves animals and helping people. And she's not afraid to speak her mind. She's actually my favorite part of this story.

Murder mystery! Who did it? I would never have guessed.

The hero, Lord Vitor Courtenay, is an an ex-monk. He's also clever and a bit of a flirt.

Great dialogue and humor. I especially enjoyed the dialogue between the hero and heroin
Elizabeth Boyle
This book is utterly charming and delightful! Not to be missed. It put Katharine Ashe on my MUST READ list.
Emma
So we all know how these silly historical romance novels plays out. We think they're quite ridiculous, but wonderfully so. We know what's going to happen, they're not really realistic but we can't stop reading them, because they're so silly and unrealistic romantic and really charming. I've made peace a long time ago with the notion that I will always love these books. They will not be my favourite books, but I still feel the need to read them from time to time. And so I'm always searching for n ...more
Defying Tradition
Katharine Ashe does it again; her second book in The Prince Catchers sires was fantastic. If you love the game of Clue or any number of shows where you need to figure out 'who done it', this book is right up your ally! Katharine's characters are trapped on an estate with a murderer, and two of them must discover who this person is, before someone else is next...
Ravenna Caulfield is a free spirit, to put it mildly. She loves being outdoors, never caring for a bonnet, cares for animals and people.
My Book Addiction and More MBA
I ADORED A LORD by Katharine Ashe is interesting Regency Historical Romance. Book #2 “The Prince Catchers”, but can be read as a stand alone. See, “I Married the Duke”.

Fast paced, tale of three orphaned sisters, whom it was foretold, one of them would marry a Prince, in which their past would be revealed, and the mystery of their parents.

This is Ravenna Caulfield and Lord Vitor Courtenay’s story and what a story!

Fast paced with a delectable Lord, and a Princess in waiting. A bit of danger, lots
Diana
Aug 06, 2014 Diana rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: arc
I've recently just fallen in love with Katharine Ashe when I heard the audio "My lady, my lord." I should of never doubted her after that incredible story. "I adored a Lord" was fantastic! First, she is a phenomenal writer. She knows how to weave a story full of interesting characters, original plot and dynamic chemistry between the hero and the heroine. From now on any book by her I will read!
So our hero Lord Vitor Courtenay was a great hero. He was the perfect opposite to Ravenna. Ravenna was
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 2 Mar 09, 2015 10:19AM
Weekly Romance: 8/24 - I Adored a Lord by Katharine Ashe 3 2 Aug 31, 2014 09:06PM
  • The Wicked Wallflower (Bad Boys & Wallflowers, #1)
  • Diary of an Accidental Wallflower (Seduction Diaries, #1)
  • The Duke of Dark Desires (The Wild Quartet, #4)
  • Love and Other Scandals (Scandalous, #1)
  • The Danger in Tempting an Earl (At the Kingsborough Ball, #3)
  • An Heiress For All Seasons (The Debutante Files, #1.5)
  • Rogue with a Brogue (Scandalous Highlanders, #2)
  • It Started With a Scandal (Pennyroyal Green, #10)
  • Lady Be Good (Rules for the Reckless, #3)
  • A Rake's Midnight Kiss (Sons of Sin, #2)
  • True Spies (Lord and Lady Spy, #2)
  • The Wicked Wedding of Miss Ellie Vyne (Sydney Dovedale, #2)
  • When a Scot Ties the Knot (Castles Ever After, #3)
  • It Takes Two to Tangle (The Matchmaker Trilogy, #1)
  • The Viscount Who Lived Down the Lane (Rhymes With Love, #4)
  • When She Said I Do (Worthington, #1)
Katharine Ashe writes historical romances that reviewers call "intensely lush" and "sensationally intelligent," including HOW TO BE A PROPER LADY, one of Amazon's Ten Best Books of the Year; HOW TO MARRY A HIGHLANDER, a finalist for the 2014 RITA Award; and CAPTURED BY A ROGUE LORD, winner of the Reviewers' Choice Award for Best Historical Adventure. Her novels are translated into languages around ...more
More about Katharine Ashe...

The Prince Catchers (3 books)
  • I Married the Duke (The Prince Catchers, #1)
  • I Loved a Rogue (The Prince Catchers, #3)
I Married the Duke (The Prince Catchers, #1) When a Scot Loves a Lady (Falcon Club, #1) My Lady, My Lord Swept Away by a Kiss (Rogues of the Sea, #1) How to Be a Proper Lady (Falcon Club, #2)