Start by marking “I Adored a Lord (The Prince Catchers, #2)” as Want to Read:
I Adored a Lord (The Prince Catchers, #2)

I Adored a Lord

(The Prince Catchers #2)

Three very different sisters beguile society with their beauty and charm, but only one of them must fulfill a prophecy: marry a prince. Who is the mystery Prince Charming, and which sister will be his bride?

All that clever, passionate Ravenna Caulfield wants is to stay far away from high society's mean girls.

All that handsome, heroic Lord Vitor Courtenay wants is to dash f
Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Published July 29th 2014 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about I Adored a Lord, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Adored a Lord

Caz
Nov 14, 2013 rated it really liked it

The second book in Ms Ashe’s Prince Catchers trilogy focuses on Ravenna, the youngest of the three foundling sisters who have lived for a number of years under the guardianship of Mr Martin Caulfield, the vicar of a small country parish. In the previous book, I Married the Duke, a fortune teller prophesied that when one of them married a prince, they would finally discover the truth about their parentage. Arabella, the middle sister, is determined to fulfil the prophecy, but ends up f
MRB
Jul 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've been feeling a little disillusioned with this genre lately. I guess the hazard of devouring such a ridiculous number of historical romances is that they all start to feel annoyingly similar :) I've actually taken a bit of a break from romance this summer, starting very few of them and bothering to finish even fewer.

I made an exception for this book because I absolutely love Katharine Ashe's writing style even if I don't always love WHAT she writes (more about that later!) and, well, because
WhiskeyintheJar/Kyraryker
If you like the game Clue with some romance thrown in, you'll probably like this story. For me, there were way too many characters thrown in the mix, to the point I was still racking my brain for who was who half way through the book. The storyline involving the murder mystery was very convoluted and stole a lot of time away from what I thought worked, the chemistry and romance between the leads. Katharine Ashe, in my opinion, really shines when her writing focuses and explores the depth of emot ...more
Alyssa

Publisher: Avon
Publication Date: July 29, 2014
Rating: 4 stars
Source: eARC from Edelweiss

***Warning: this is an adult book, and for the eyes of mature readers***

Summary (from Goodreads):

Jen (The Starry-Eyed Revue)
I found My Lady, My Lord to be quite divine when I read it ages ago, so when I saw that Hoopla had added a whole slew of Katharine Ashe novels to its catalog, I jumped at the chance to try another. The premise for this one sounded quite extraordinary, so even though it is the second book in a companion series, I couldn't help myself. It's a fault of mine, but it hasn't been my downfall yet. I Adored a Lord was elegant and fanciful and everything I'd been hoping for. With a murder mystery afoot a ...more
Dina
4 1/2 stars (rounded down to 4 stars, because the mystery plot was a bit convoluted - but everything else was perrrrfect!)
Angie Elle
Jun 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book was provided by Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review.

This was my first book from Katharine Ashe, and what an introduction it was! I ADORED A LORD was essentially a story about an historical game of Clue—you know...the cook did it in the kitchen with the butter knife—with some romance tossed in! Though this book was the second in the series, I have not read the first and didn't feel lost while reading this one.

Ravenna was a wonderful heroine. Though her life didn't measure up by s
Ursula
Nastassja
Jul 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: lovers of good romance and mystery all mixed with excellent humor
Ravenna Caulfield’s ruination began with a bird, continued with a pitchfork, and culminated with a corpse wearing a suit of armor.

I adored a lord is a great representative of historical romance genre. This book has lovely MCs, beautiful romance, mystery and a LOTS of excellent humor. Mostly humor part was everywhere and it kept the book in a lighter mood than the previous one or the next one.

From the first pages it was easy for me to connect with our MC Ravenna. She is intelligent lovely hero

Nikita
Oct 29, 2014 rated it it was ok
Ravenna Caulfield is one of three sisters raised by a local vicar, Mr. Michaels Caulfield. For the past six years, Ravenna has lived with Sir Beverley Clark and his lifetime companion Mr. Pettigrew caring for their numerous birds, dogs, cats, and occasional farm-animal. Ravenna’s sister, Arabella, recently married a Duke and believes Ravenna should marry someone of equal or greater social status. Ravenna soon finds herself at a house party in France thrown for the sole purpose of finding Prince ...more
Emily
Ravenna Caulfield beats to her own drummer, as free spirit of sorts she has made her way in life doing what is not expected by a young lady in society. Finding a home with two elderly men and tending to their animals has given Ravenna a cause, until she loses a beloved pet and finds herself again unsettled.

When Ravenna is swept away to a bride hunt for a Prince, she can think of a hundred other things she would rather do. With an incident with a mysterious man and a dead body discovered, things
Victoria Cavill
Mar 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: historical-read
3.5 Vitor stars..!!

Oh..! I do love a good mystery. And when a hero and the heroine solves a murder mystery with the threat always behind the back could you ask for more..?

Vitor and Ravenna had a rapport from the very beginning. I dug their banter. For a lord and a so-called-servent they had it going. I loved them every which way.

And also Lady Iona... !! My god she was awesome..!! Hilarious and raunchy.! Loved her..!!

And now I want to know what happens between the proper Eleanor and Tali..!!

C
Miranda
 photo really_zps2u9stdyv.gif

2 'are you serious?' stars

I'm not even sure what to put here. I didn't like this story. I usually love Katharine Ashe but this one didn't do it for me. I'm so disappointed. I was hoping I'd like it but it was a slow, terrible read for me. I'm glad everyone else seemed to enjoy it. I am the minority that didn't.
Kate
Aug 03, 2014 rated it it was ok
This book was kind of a disaster for me. I liked the hero and heroine a lot, but the plot was ridiculous and poorly planned and it really hurt the storytelling and the romance. The mystery elements were ridiculous and barely foreshadowed and I just didn't buy into any of the things going on in the background.
Ang
Jun 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I Adored "I Adored a Lord" When a stolen kiss in a stable leads to a corpse in a suit of armor, a canine kidnapping, and any number of scandalous liaisons, Ravenna and Vitor find themselves wrapped in a mystery they're perfectly paired to solve. But as for the mysteries of love and sex, Vitor's not about to let Ravenna escape until he's gotten what he desires . . .

Due to a prophecy given to her sister (in Book 1, “I Married a Prince”), one of Ravenna’s three sisters is to marry a Prince and when
Farrah
Apr 03, 2014 rated it liked it
A charming read, with sweet romance and thrilling mystery, I Adored a Lord was a lovely historical romance. I really enjoyed reading this wonderful book.

Ravenna was a great heroine. She was clever, kind-hearted, and had a quietly strong will. She wasn't a particularly memorable character, but I did like her.

Vitor was wonderful. He was so sweet, eminently honorable, and very clever. He was a true gentleman that was also remarkably resilient. I absolutely adored him.

The romance was very sweet. Rav
Amy
Aug 06, 2014 rated it did not like it
Courtnie
Dec 22, 2014 rated it liked it
I ended up liking it a lot more towards the end than I thought I would - because really, this is like a 2.5 star read.

This is a cozy mystery and historical romance hybrid. My main issue was how the relationship between H/hr developed. The dialogue between Ravenna and Vitor was stilted and awkward at times. Ravenna's personality is one of practicalism and self-reliance, and with her medical work with animals, it makes sense. She's not particularly witty or feminine, but yet she wins Vitor, Lord C
Nita
Jan 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Why I really, really enjoyed this book:

Ravenna Caulfield, our heroine. So much compassion and smarts. She's lovely and just a little vulnerable. She loves animals and helping people. And she's not afraid to speak her mind. She's actually my favorite part of this story.

Murder mystery! Who did it? I would never have guessed.

The hero, Lord Vitor Courtenay, is an an ex-monk. He's also clever and a bit of a flirt.

Great dialogue and humor. I especially enjoyed the dialogue between the hero and heroin
Elodie
Dec 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Always the hard part, review a book I do adored is always hard, I worry to bring it justice.
This author’s work was a real discovery, it was a challenging read, with the different protagonists, their various languages and expressions, their banters.
This story has twists and plots, at each turn, I never expected which road we will follow, nor how they will conduct the investigation nor who is the murderer.
Ravenna had a very unconventional upbringing, she has no worry about propriety nor protocol.
Samantha
May 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book! Having a mystery aspect (that I didn't figure out quickly) was awesome for a change. Just what I was looking for to shake things up.

Lisarenee
Jul 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
My Synopsis:

“This ring is the key to your destinies,” (...) “This ring . . .” the Gypsy intoned, “belongs to a prince.”(...) “The rightful master of this ring,” she said soberly, “is not of your blood.” (...) “One of you will wed this prince. Upon this wedding, the secret of your past will be revealed.” ('I Married the Duke' by Katharine Ashe)

Twenty-two years ago, a mother sent her three daughters to England in the accompaniment of their nanny when their ship sank. They were the soul survivors
Leona
Oct 11, 2014 rated it really liked it

Review of I Adored a Lord by Katharine Ashe

Book description from amazon.com
Publication Date: July 29, 2014

All that handsome, heroic Lord Vitor Courtenay wants is to dash from dangerous a
Lover of Romance
Jan 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Ravenna Caulfield, is one of the three sisters, was raised on a humble farm and has a great love for animals. Ravenna has been brought to a country house, with a few other young ladies, to try to catch the eye of the prince. While exploring the barn she stumbles across some puppies, and finds a runt that she would love to keep. Then a strange man enters and they stumble across each other, which leads to a sensual kiss, but leads them to coming across a dead corpse in a suit of armor. Soon Ravenn ...more
Sandie
Nov 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance

Ravenna Caulfield has had an unconventional life. Living in an orphanage as a small child with her two sisters, all three were adopted by a rural pastor. Although most women in 1800's England lead a structured, restrictive life, Ravenna could not do that. She spent her time roaming out of doors, accompanied by her best friend, her dog. Along the way, she learned how to take care of animals and then humans from those around her. At seventeen, she hires herself out to a nobleman to take care of hi
Becca
Sep 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was fun. The heroine was not of the upper class and she adored animals. The hero was very handsome and a natural leader. I thought they had great chemistry and I enjoyed the scenes or them together, especially because they had a physical as well as intellectual connection.

As other reviewers have pointed out, this book was a bit like a game of Clue, and to be honest, I'm still not quite sure of how the murder was completed and who was involved. Needless to say, it was so convoluted, you won'
Steph
Nov 22, 2013 rated it it was ok
Lil' Grogan
Jan 01, 2015 rated it did not like it
Well...that was annoying. In tone of cozy mysteries: the woman, Ravenna, is all sorts of "intelligent" and basically pull shit out of her ass. The conclusions are ridiculous. The conversations between her and the hero, Vitor are awkward. He comes off cold then leery and overly familiar. Whole thing felt forced. Did force myself to read until murderer discovered.

Will say that the brief portrayals of some secondary characters were far more interesting than main ones. The gay older couple, who rea
Pili
Jul 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
I adored Ravenna's story, Luc is clearly my second favourite of the guys from the series and a very close second at that! I loved how independent Ravenna was, her love and dedication to the animals and I had a lot of fun with their crime investigating! The chemistry was quite something too!!
Elizabeth Boyle
Feb 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book is utterly charming and delightful! Not to be missed. It put Katharine Ashe on my MUST READ list.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 2 Mar 09, 2015 10:19AM

• A Breath of Scandal (The Reckless Brides, #2)
  • The Danger in Tempting an Earl (At the Kingsborough Ball, #3)
  • The Wicked Wallflower (Bad Boys & Wallflowers, #1)
  • A Season to Be Sinful (Grantham, #1)
  • A Rake's Midnight Kiss (Sons of Sin, #2)
  • Her Highland Fling (Second Sons, #2.5)
  • The Rogue You Know (Covent Garden Cubs, #2)
  • One Night with an Earl: A House of Trent Novella (House of Trent, #2.5)
  • Lady Be Good (Rules for the Reckless, #3)
  • In Total Surrender (Secrets, #3)
  • Love in the Time of Scandal (Scandalous, #3)
  • A Marquess for Christmas (Scandalous Seasons, #5)
  • The Wicked Wedding of Miss Ellie Vyne (Sydney Dovedale, #2)
  • Rules to Catch a Devilish Duke (Scandalous Brides, #3)
Katharine Ashe is the USA Today bestselling author of historical romances reviewers call “intensely lush” and “sensationally intelligent,” including two Amazon's Best Romances of the Year. A professor of history and popular culture, she writes fiction because she adores the grand adventures and breathtaking sensuality of historical romance. For more information, please visit her at http://www.kath ...more

The Prince Catchers (3 books)
  • I Married the Duke (The Prince Catchers, #1)
  • I Loved a Rogue (The Prince Catchers, #3)
“There are plenty of girls in that castle," the Frenchman said, knowing his thoughts. "Sebastiao will not be wanting for choices if you take an interest in one of them." No. He'd already caused trouble coming between one of his brothers and a woman. He would not do so again. "I have no interest in her," he mumbled. "You are still under the seal of the confessional, Vitor." He snapped his head around. "How do you do that?" "Recognize lies upon a man's tongue? It is my gift."

-Denis & Vitor”
0 likes
“The priest set the flask down on the step and folded his hands. "For the sin of lust you have confessed, mon fils," he said in an easy tone, "you are contrite, n'est-ce-pas?"
Vitor closed his eyes and saw hers before him, sparkling like stars. "Yes."
"For your penance I give you a novena to our Blessed Mother and the task of seeing your brother well matched to a woman who will bring him to heel."
"Only that?" Vitor lifted a brow. "Father, you are too lenient."
The priest drew a cross in the air above his brow. "Ego te absolve a peccatis tuis in nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti."
"Amen."