Start by marking “Always Saying Goodbye” as Want to Read:
Always Saying Goodbye

Always Saying Goodbye

Tired of a life of secrecy with a lover who only seems to want him for the sex, Jeremy opts for a whole new life: new country, new job, and perhaps even a chance to date a beautiful woman he could someday marry. It's exactly what he needs, despite Gavin's last-ditch efforts to convince him to stay, and definitely for the best that they'll never see each other again …
Published January 15th 2014 by Less Than Three Press LLC (first published January 14th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Always Saying Goodbye, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Always Saying Goodbye

Mandy*reads obsessively*
I have to say, this book is a wonderful example of what not to do in a relationship. Don't talk, don't explain, don't try and fix anything. Just leave the country with the next best thing.
The book is told in two parts, England 1979 and Africa 1986.
Although it's told completely from Jeremy's POV I felt more for Gavin than I did Jeremy. I understood what Jeremy wanted from Gavin, but Gavin didn't and therein lies the problem.
“What was so strange about wanting to be loved, to have commitment and a
Nic
Always Saying Goodbye was an interesting look at the relationship between two men, journalism work colleagues which takes place in two main parts. I liked the setting, both in location and in time.

We first meet Jeremy and Gavin in England in 1979. Jeremy doesn't think Gavin is going to want more from him than sex so chooses a new life, in a new country, with Iris. It was interesting to see Gavin try to communicate his true feelings to Jeremy with little success - too little, too late - although
Marc | Rainbow Gold Reviews
Dec 17, 2013 Marc | Rainbow Gold Reviews rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
I received an advanced copy of this short story for an honest review from Netgalley. I had no idea what to expect and was positively surprised by a well-written and realistic historical. 4.5 stars :)

Pls visit my blog and see many more reviews and daily giveaways and author interviews to celebrate the blog re-launch. http://prismbookalliance.com/

I loved the flawed characters and the way that their journey didn’t seem forced. So often problems are created where none are to artificially create dr
MLE
Dec 18, 2013 MLE rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle-archive, mm, arc
I received this book as an ARC through Net Galley in exchange for an honest review.

This was a nice short story about love, and what drives people together, and what it takes to make a relationship work. I liked the characters, and I like what lead to their break up was neither outside forces driving them apart, or a silly big misunderstanding. I liked that their break up felt like it was rooted in the problems in their relationship, and the fears and pride of both men. I think the time skip real
Cynthia
Jan 16, 2014 Cynthia rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Review posted on Books on Silver Wings blog: http://onsilverwingz.blogspot.com/201...

3.5 stars rounded to 3

The beginning of the story is very confusing. There are too many characters and their relationships aren't very clear. Jeremy is a journalist with a news company in England. His fiancee's company is in the New World and he plans to join his in-laws news company in the US. He would be leaving behind the man he loves, a photographer in the same English company. Gavin loves Jeremy but never ac
Kaseka
This is an excellent story by a writer I'd love to read more from.

Jeremy and Gavin, for all their chemistry and depth of attachment, can't seem to get things right, even with a chance meeting a decade after what they had fell apart. They are "Always Saying Goodbye" because the narrator, Jeremy, won't go through that pain again—not after what it took for him to leave Gavin the first time.

I disliked Gavin initially, but came to like him and root for his romance with Jeremy over the course of the s
Hearts On Fire Reviews
Reviewed by: Mandy
Genre: M/M Contemporary
3 Hearts

See Review Here: Hearts On Fire Reviews
Facebook link: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hearts...
Mitya
Mitya rated it really liked it
Jan 31, 2014
Diana
Diana rated it really liked it
Mar 22, 2017
Peggy
Peggy rated it liked it
Jan 27, 2016
Samington
Samington rated it it was ok
Jan 30, 2014
Holly
Holly rated it liked it
Jan 04, 2014
Bookish
Bookish rated it really liked it
May 05, 2015
Tailtiu
Tailtiu rated it liked it
Jan 14, 2014
Yolanda
Yolanda rated it it was ok
May 01, 2016
Carly
Carly rated it really liked it
Mar 15, 2017
Amy
Amy rated it it was ok
Jun 06, 2016
May Ridge
May Ridge rated it liked it
Apr 26, 2014
Sandra
Sandra rated it really liked it
Oct 29, 2014
Rogene Carter
Rogene Carter rated it it was amazing
Feb 18, 2017
Kathleen
Kathleen rated it liked it
Nov 07, 2016
Nancy A. Staab
Nancy A. Staab rated it really liked it
Dec 03, 2016
Bluesimplicity
Bluesimplicity rated it liked it
Jul 08, 2014
Lily
Lily rated it liked it
Sep 25, 2016
Tempeste O'Riley
Tempeste O'Riley marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2013
Riayl
Riayl marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2013
Vio
Vio added it
Dec 06, 2013
Tame
Tame marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2013
Fehu
Fehu marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2013
Helle
Helle marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2013
Kym
Kym marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2013
Kat
Kat marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2014
Teresa
Teresa marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2014
Tj
Tj marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2014
Shayla Mist
Shayla Mist marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2014
Dennie
Dennie marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2014
Andd Becker
Andd Becker marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2014
Debra
Debra marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2014
Toni
Toni marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2014
Patricia
Patricia marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2014
Aug 31, 2015
KR
KR added it
Oct 12, 2015
Less Than Three P...: This topic has been closed to new comments. Jan Giveaway #4 - Always Saying Goodbye - CLOSED 25 42 Jan 18, 2014 09:52AM