Start by marking “Make You Blush (Dumont Bachelors, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Make You Blush (Dumont Bachelors, #0.5)

Make You Blush

(Dumont Bachelors 0.5)

Welcome to the Louisiana Bayou and the world of rising star Macy Beckett’s newest series, where hopeful hearts will go to great lengths to change their luck in love...

On the surface, Joy McMasterson has everything—a steady career, a trendy French Quarter townhouse, and high-society parents who fill her schedule with a rotation of trust fund hotties. But despite her good fo
Published April 1st 2014 by Signet

To ask other readers questions about Make You Blush, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Make You Blush

Talltree
Dec 23, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 stars!
Danielle (Love at First Page)
Ever since the final book in her Sultry Springs series came out last August, I have been dying for a new Macy Beckett romance. In my eyes, this author deserves to be up there with Jill Shalvis, Julie James, and Lisa Kleypas. Her stories are funny, sexy, and romantic, a breeze to get through yet you never want them to end. Every single one of her books has made me swoon uncontrollably. It turns out she can do the same with novellas, too. Make You Blush kicks off her newest series, Dumont Bachelor ...more
Macy Beckett
Jan 22, 2014 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Update #1: IT'S HERE! "Make You Blush" is now available wherever ebooks are sold! Remember, this is a **novella**, about 1/4 the length of my usual novels, however it's a complete story with a happy ending--no cliffies. Hope you enjoy!

We have a cover! I hope you like it, because I think it's HAWT. Also, please note that "Make You Blush" is a NOVELLA. The word count is 21k, which is about one fourth the length of my novels. However, there is a complete story arc with a happy ending--no cliffhang
Kimberly
Feb 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Marjorie Pevey
Dec 31, 2018 rated it liked it
It's a very cute story but it was rushed a little... super light hearted no uber drama just a good ol' sweet story
Lucy Dosch
Apr 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is a novella which takes place before Book #1, Make you Mine. Although it is not necessary to read this first, Joy and Ryan do make an appearance in Book #1.

Joy’s father is running for the Senate, so he is all about image. He keeps pimping Joy go out on dinner dates with the single sons of his biggest donors. After speaking to Allie Mauvais and getting her voodoo gris-gris, Joy goes across the street to get a piercing. Although she is concerned with what her mother and father say, instead o
Sue
Apr 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
In Make You Blush by Macy Beckett, Joy has been looking for love in all the wrong places. She is tired of the hook ups arranged by her politically driven mother and father that are all about image. She is tired of being someone she's not. When she seeks a little help from a cupcake baker/voodoo priestess then winds up in a tattoo studio, she finds Ryan who is "Spiced carrot cake..with lots of sprinkles." compared to what she feels like is her "vanilla".

Joy wants "...my outside to match who I am
Mona
Dec 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Yes
Recommended to Mona by: A friend
Sweet as a Cupcake Story.
Joy McMasterson is in the public eye because her dad is running for election and she has to be around the right people.
She is always being told who to go out with. She's jealous of her neighbors because all she hers constantly is them
getting it on..what she needs now is a steady boyfriend. Her best friend tells her she has to go to see Allie Mauvais..
The bakery shop she owned called The Sweet Spot.

"The young woman who owned who owned the shop was a direct descendent
Cindy ~
Apr 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
In this prequel to a new series based in Louisiana love is helped along by a little bit of voodoo matchmaking.

This was a short and sexy read about Joy Masterson who has always had to present herself as a straight laced upstanding citizen for her father’s upcoming campaign. She doesn’t feel like she fits in with his political crowd and hates the “dates” her mother sets her up on with men who could further her father’s campaign. One day her friend tells her to go to The Sweet Spot and have the ow
CL
I absolutely adored Macy Beckett's 'Sultry Springs' series so I couldn't wait to read her new series.

Unfortunately this book left me somewhat wanting. The writing didn't flow as beautifully and it lacked the ~feelings~ and ~emotions~ of her previous books. The prim and proper daughter living up to her parents' expectations versus the tattooed bad boy plot had nothing original about it. Also, I find novellas work better when they don't try to cover the whole timeline of the relationship in a few
Eileen
Apr 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary, kindle
So glad that she has a new series coming soon. This read was quick enough to whet my appetite for the full length one coming out next month. Joy sees herself as vanilla but can't be herself with her father running for Senate. Ryan, a local tattoo artist, is someone she would love to know but isn't the 'right' kind of guy her parents would approve of. She goes to Allie at Sweet Spot and asks for a love potion and gets the advice to 'be yourself.' little did she know that Ryan would be the right g ...more
Sharryn
I'm sorry to say that, for me, this book fell short of what I've expected from Macy after reading her Sultry Series. The premise of the good 'vanilla' girl and the tattooed bad boy was old.

I was left wondering what this book had to do with the Dumont brothers. Apart from being set in the same town I can only see one character from this novella that transfers over into the next book of the series. Otherwise, I didn't get the connection.

One can only hope that when we get to the Dumont brothers sto
Maureen ~Bitch Can Write A Book
HOT, sexy fun...

Great fast read...I'm looking forward to reading more in this series.

Joy and Ryan are an unlikely couple. Or so you would think, but Joy just wants to be herself and get out from under her political families thumb. And after a revelation on Joy's part she realizes exactly what she wants.

Great start to a new series by an author who has humor, and fun combined with great sexy time. She has become a favorite of mine.
Jess (Shepherdjel)
Feb 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: nestie-books, kindle
LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! Macy you know just the way to capture your readers! I loved everything about Joy and Ryan. I loved that the story had so many non "norm" aspects to it! oh and we can't forget the beautiful "make me blush" parts :-) Well done Macy!!! I am so looking forward to make you mine to see the relationship with Joy and Ryan develop!
Katie
Jul 14, 2014 rated it liked it
A quick, fun, sexy read. There's not much plot or conflict, but I enjoyed it and it made me want to read the next book in the series, so I think it served it's purpose. That said, I think it should be 99 cents instead of 2.99 since it's so short.
Brandi Larsen
Oct 17, 2014 added it
Shelves: 2014
Take a conservative politician's pearl-and-pump wearing daughter, add a voodoo love charm, a hot tattoo artist, very sexy red shoes, and Horny Hippies, and you get this fun novella by Macy Beckett. I'm hooked into the series.

I work at Penguin though that didn't influence this review.
Josephine
Feb 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved Joy and Ryan's story. I wish there had been more but as Beckett said, it is a complete story, no cliffhangers and a great HEA. This was an excellent introduction to the new series and I cannot wait to get my hands on the next book.
Bette Hansen
Dec 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
A fun, flirty, sexy story that kicks off the Dumont Bachelors series in a great way. Gives us a bit of info on the lead female character in the upcoming Making You Mine. Very entertaining read I recommend.
Lily
3.5 stars!

Honestly, the only reason for this rating is the length. Because I did really enjoy it! There just wasn't enough to really sink my teeth into, or enough time to get very attached to the characters. But it was a quick, sexy story and I had a fun time reading it!
Shannon Rowe
Feb 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love all of Macy Beckett's adult books and her YA books written under Melissa Landers.  They are the most entertaining books I have ever read and laugh out loud often!  I highly recommend this book and any others she has written.
Claire Mc Partlin
Jul 29, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lovely novella to start the Dumont Bachelors series, really enjoyable and sets the scene nicely for the next book, can't wait to read about Allie and Marc now.
Abbi Wilder
Mar 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I bought this because I'm waiting for the release of "Make You Mine." This short read was sexy and fun. There's always hope for a 'vanilla' girl. That was great.
Victoria (nocturnalintimacy)
Apr 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: novellas, 2014, romance-y
Adorable! I can't wait to grab the rest of the series.
Emily
Nov 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Good for such a short read. FYI the book ends at around 75%. Not super incredibly believable characters, but still a nice quick read.
Gina
I liked this one. :-)
Jliongrrrl
Jun 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2014
A great start to another romance series by Macy Beckett. Looking forward to learning more about the Dumont Bachelors :)
Christine
Feb 12, 2015 rated it it was ok
I downloaded this story for free, but I don't think I'll continue with the series. It wasn't bad, but a little over the top for my tastes. A voodoo priestess? Really?
Karin
Jun 06, 2014
Cindy Graham
Jul 02, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Love Bites (Sugar City, #1)
  • Blame It on the Mistletoe
  • Confessions of a Secret Admirer: A Valentine's Day Anthology
  • Season of Second Chances
  • A Midnight Clear (Fly Me to the Moon, #3.1)
  • Keeping Mr. Right Now (Kisses in the Sand, #1)
  • Faking It (McCullough Mountain, #4)
  • Laugh (Burnside, #2)
  • Come Fly With Me
  • Chance of Rain
  • Beautiful Addictions
  • The Visit (Cyberlove, #2.5)
  • Heaven Can't Wait (I-Team, #1.5)
  • When Rosie Met Jim & Shoeboxes
  • Best Worst Mistake (Brightwater, #3)
  • Mischief & Magnolias (Magnolia Branch, #2)
  • Soul Resurrected (Sons of Wrath, #2)
  • Tall, Dark and Cowboy
I write hot and humorous romances set in the fictional towns of Sultry Springs, Texas and Cedar Bayou, Louisiana, where first loves find second chances.

I also write romantic sci-fi for young adults under the name Melissa Landers. Check out ALIENATED, now available from Disney-Hyperion, and the sequel INVADED, coming February 3, 2015.

Dumont Bachelors (2 books)
  • Make You Mine (Dumont Bachelors, #1)
  • Make You Remember (Dumont Bachelors, #2)