Start by marking “Sense of Place (Thomas Elkin, #3)” as Want to Read:
Sense of Place (Thomas Elkin, #3)

Sense of Place

(Thomas Elkin #3)

4.37  ·  Rating details ·  2,327 Ratings  ·  347 Reviews
Designing homes is easy. Finding home is something else entirely.

Thomas Elkin and Cooper Jones finally have the support of their families, and their love grows stronger every day. Now living together, they think nothing can stand in their way.

But there are outside influences trying to pull them apart.

Cooper encounters a man, closer to his age and with connections high up t
ebook, 1st edition, 110 pages
Published February 14th 2014 by Totally Bound

To ask other readers questions about Sense of Place, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sense of Place

Exina
Reading the blurb I was worried a little, but there is no threat that would make them apart.

Yes, they have problems but there is nothing they can’t solve. The problems are external, and not within them. Their love is unwavering, and their trust and certainty in each other is unquestionable.

I love to see couples after their happy ending. Of course, I love novels ending with HEA (ac
Karla
Feb 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
***4.5 stars***
Barbara➰
Reread May 2018

Cooper and Tom are one of my favorite couples. I love the age gap and I love how they work together and are a tight couple even when they have doubts. I’m sure I’ll reread this series often.

Originally read February 2018

Tom and Cooper are finding their place. Friends and family are coming around. Life is moving forward for both of them separately as well as together. It's the perfect ending to their beautiful, truly romantic and swoon-worthy story. This is why I read romance. T
Diana
Oct 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5 “It’s a Gen Y thing” stars

Thomas Elkin is a world renowned architect and he is finally happy since divorcing his wife after struggling with his own sexuality for years. His world is turned upside down when his new intern just happens to be Cooper Jones, a close friend of Tom’s son. Tom and Cooper bond over their love of architecture, but when real feelings start creeping in, Tom fears what could happen. After all, there is a 22 year age gap between them.

Tom’s confidence and control that grow
Janie
What a great ending to this series. Tom and Cooper were definitely made for each other. They complemented each other in every way. I really love N.R. Walker’s writing style.
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

***4.5 Stars***

"You know what a sense of place is?"

"It's when the place you're in feels like home. Where you're at peace."

"You're my sense of place, Cooper."

This has been a FANTASTIC series!! Tom and Cooper have easily added themselves to my favorite couples list.

In this final installment, Tom and Cooper find themselves at a crossroads professionally. Cooper is dealing with an arrogant and spoiled sleazeball who wants to get in his pants, while Tom finds out that his once friend and mentor
Barbara
Dec 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Barbara by: Isabel
Shelves: m-m, lovely-romance

Perfect … just perfect, the perfect ending for the perfect couple!!!

This couple is amazing; their story is beautiful and sweet, despite all the problems, their love is stronger and overcomes every complication!
 photo tumblr_mqjqkpxvIR1sau7s7o1_500_zps8a6e2694.gif

For me Tom is just the absolute ideal guy...

photo tumblr_mhm2ncreEa1r65ummo1_500_zps21982ecc.gif

Thank you so much for creating this couple, N.R. Walker, I will definitely read more of your books!

Susan
Nov 05, 2013 rated it really liked it

I’ve said it before in my review of book 2: Clarity of Lines, I love Thomas Elkin. He MAKES this series for me. And because I have such a deep fondness for him, it feels like a treat to read more story about him…and when that story has him HAPPY and ASSURED of himself? It’s delightful.

Sense of Place takes us to what feels like the Promised Land by the end of this series. Through their uncertainties of age difference, family interferences, and now work/professional roadblocks, Thomas and Cooper a
J *deep in the heart of Texas*
4.5 Stars!

Part 3 of a 3 novella series featuring Thomas and Cooper.

Loved the conclusion of Cooper and Tom's story!

Loved the development of their relationship over the three books!

Just perfect!

Thomas and Cooper finally have the support of their families and Cooper is thriving at his new job, despite the long hours it requires.

But now Thomas and Cooper are both faced with challenges at their jobs.

Cooper gets his first new account, only to find that the man in charge wants more than Cooper's ar
Bev
Nic Walker, I swear you've brought me to my knees again!! I just ADORE this series. A gazillion of stars, but as it's Goodreads 5 stars and 5 enormous ♥♥♥♥♥ will have to do unfortunately. Absolutely superb!!

Tom and Cooper are two halves of the same whole, I sincerely believe that...the age difference means absolutely nothing, it's a Gen Y and LOVE thing!! Tom has an enemy in this one, someone that would not normally be expected to cause a ruckus, and Coop has a complete perv after him because
Gigi
A perfect ending to a perfect series. I adored every word.
Isabel
Shelves: erotica, favorite-mm, m-m
It's impossible not to love this couple! Impossible! I love Tom... He is so mature, so beautiful, so man... so wonderful! I love Cooper! I always have so much fun with him... the way he says what he wants without saying that he want that (and he always gets what he wants)!

They make the most amazing, sweet and perfect relationship, and I don't want to let them go...

photo 769232_zps6783ca4e.jpg

(view spoiler)
Mona
Mar 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites, m-m
A beautiful and touching ending shared between Thomas and Cooper...just perfect. The couple endured hardship and criticism from those around them...yet they stayed strong and committed all the way. I couldn't have asked for a more sweeter and lovely read.

"Cooper looked around. "This place?"
I shook my head. "No."
His voice kind of squeaked. "Me?"
I nodded and grinned. "You're my sense of place, Cooper."

description

"Et cor domum," I murmured. "Its what you are to me...'heart and home'."

description
Christelle
And that's why I so enjoy reading NR Walker : it's so relaxing, comforting, fun and hot. Nice break :-)
----------------------
Last part of this series – that’s a pity. After building their relationship, getting accepted by their families, Thomas, 44, and Cooper, 22, now have to face professional troubles. And they do it with flying colors.
Thanks to N.R.Walker for this great read and for coming up with such a hot and sweet (in a very good way) couple
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
4.5 stars for the series

Gorgeous, loved it; there were so many feels. I'm a sucker for happy endings, and this one was glorious. Tom and Cooper are one of my favorite couples.

I'm probably not being objective. But, hell, "It's a Cooper Jones thing."
Nazanin
Sep 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was such a sweet read! Tom and Cooper are so perfect together, they're so in sync. And that ending... *sigh* Tom's proposal was swoon worthy. 😍
Kaje Harper
Dec 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
This series works, because of Cooper. Thomas is great, as a middle-aged man who finally had the courage to be himself, but the heart of the story is that he has found, to his startled delight, that young architect Cooper Jones is his true match. And the reader believes that, I think, because Cooper has so much strength and self-confidence and pure joy that he defuses any concerns about his age. If anything he's stronger than Tom, and his certainty about how much they belong together gives Tom th ...more
¸. • * ° *❧Gwendolyn❧°**★°**★
So Let the Office Games Begin!

I love how thes two have each other’s back.

And, Thomas and Cooper....Adorable as ever!

This book was pure heart-squeezing curl your toes sweetness. Man ol man, I loved being in the world of suits. I loved reading about men in suits. And I loved reading about Thomas Elkin. This was a an awesome find. An Easy Read, this is my favorite N.R.Walker serious for sure. I wish it never ended.
Ky
Jan 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2018
Nice ending to a great series.

I liked this book a bit less than the other two. I didn't get what I was expecting after reading the blurb. I thought that Tom would have to deal with jealousy here but it didn't happen. That was a bit of a disappointment.

It was good to see Tom and Cooper get their HEA, though.
Denise H.
*** Three amazing books, two magnificent men, one epic romance !!! ***
Sydney, where they began, had some first times together....

Book three of the trilogy has some challenges; just when we thought things were smooth. Right out of the gate, Tom is being harassed by a senior partner.

The guys are now living together, happy and prosperous. These men are "in love", devoted, loyal, and have each other's back, no matter what. It's a bone deep, once in a lifetime love. "sigh..." Cooper gets a new acco
Tina
Nov 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing

Oh my... here we go…. :( Sense of Place is the third and final instalment of the Thomas Elkin series and I just don’t want it to end. I fell in love so deeply with Tom and Cooper that I wouldn’t mind a few more follow-ups - or once in a while a little novella? Just saying, Nic… :)

Tom and Cooper’s relationship is so easy and sweet, I was captivated from the beginning and hated it... really hated it, when my kindle reached the 100% mark.

Yes, there are some cliches in the story, yes, some things t
MaDoReader
Dec 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Relectura:
Ellos son Love absoluto <3

Reseña original:
¡Estupenda conclusión a la historia de Thomas y Cooper, la he disfrutado muchísimo!

Esta tercera parte está revisada y editada recientemente, y se nota. Ha sido un alivio, porque si me hubiera pasado como con el libro anterior creo que habría dejado de leer.

Baja en drama, ya he dicho en reseñas anteriores que creo que es su encanto, os la recomiendo totalmente como una lectura ligera, con diálogos chispeantes que os arrancarán más de una sonr
Cory
Feb 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
WHAAAAAAAAAAA!!! That's me boo-hooing because I have no more pages of Cooper and Tom. It's not fair I tell you!

Seriously, I could read about these two all day. I could just sit in a room and listen to their conversations. I loved them and loved reading each one of these books!

Please let there be a 4th! Pretty please! I'm almost 100% sure that Cooper could talk anyone into writing a 4th. He's awesome like that! :)

But really, if you haven't read these, run as fast as you can to your reading device
Anke
First read Jan. 17, 2014:

Wonderful finish, although I'm sad that this was the last one in the series. I would love to read more about them! This was a well rounded story, wonderful characters. Believable conflicts and a fitting epilogue.

Re-read Jan. 24, 2014:

I love this book! What a fitting end to the series, especially the final chapter and epilogue *sigh*

Re-re-read April 24, 2015:

Jap. Nothing to add:)

Jennifer☠Pher☠
Feb 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, lgbtq
Now that I have read all three of these books I will admit, as a whole this was a 5★read for me. No doubt about it. The story just flowed perfectly. I love that these two men, who seem to be so very different weren’t and there was no unnecessary drama. There was no stupidity. Every single issue was addressed head on. These two men were beautiful together. They fit, they complimented each other, they totally worked. I am usually not a fan of huge age gaps and will admit I put off reading this ser ...more
Debra
Sad to see this series end, but this was a lovely way to go.

Tom and Cooper are still solid as a rock, but now work pressures are beginning to build. Cooper is up and coming and has landed a huge project that is taking a lot of time and is bringing him into direct contact with a man who would love to get Cooper into his bed. Tom understands and accepts Cooper's workload, having been there himself and is completely supportive. Tom's work, however, is becoming less satisfying, especially once he r
Macky
I Love Cooper and Thomas. A perfect round up to the trilogy and definite favourite. I think these two have to be one of my most fave couples.
Elsa Bravante
Ellos siguen siendo monos y la ex sigue siendo una santa mujer.
Entretenido, pero no he visto nada especial, mañana se me han olvidado.
Serían 3, le pongo 2 porque mi cabreo con lo de la ex sigue en alza.
Trisha Harrington
This was just amazing! I loved it so much and it was an amazing end to Tom and Cooper's journey. Sense of Place was not what I had been expecting... I don't know what I was expecting exactly, but I know it wasn't this. I can't say I'm disappointed, though, because this is so much better than I had expected.

I love Tom and Cooper as a couple. They are perfect for each other and they just work. The age difference after a while was nothing. I found myself not noticing anything but the sweet couple a
Jan
Jul 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lgbtq, favorites

• Butterfly Hunter
  • Learning Curve (Life Lessons, #4)
  • Strong Enough (Family, #2)
  • Sidecar
  • Marked (Roads, #1.5)
  • Chase the Storm
  • Broken Pieces (Broken Pieces, #1)
  • If It Drives (Market Garden #7)
  • Wood, Screws, & Nails (Hard Hats, #1)
  • Fear, Hope, and Bread Pudding (Coda Books, #6; Strawberries for Dessert, #2)
  • Foolish Me (The Light in Your Eye #2)
  • Six Degrees of Separation (By Degrees, #2)
  • A Hunted Man (The Men of Halfway House, #2)
  • How I Met Your Father
  • Shock & Awe (Sidewinder, #1)
  • Corruption (Diversion #3)
  • Aftermath (Glitterland, #1.5)
Author also writes as A. Voyeur

N.R. Walker is an Australian author, who loves her genre of gay romance. She loves writing and spends far too much time doing it, but wouldn't have it any other way.

She is many things; a mother, a wife, a sister, a writer. She has pretty, pretty boys who she gives them life with words.

She likes it when they do dirty, dirty things...but likes it even more when they fa

Thomas Elkin (3 books)
  • Elements of Retrofit (Thomas Elkin, #1)
  • Clarity of Lines (Thomas Elkin, #2)
“I have a black belt in sarcasm, and my wit is like lightning.” 31 likes
“You know what a sense of place is?” Cooper nodded. “It’s when the place you’re in feels like home. Where you’re at peace.” I nodded. “That’s exactly right.” Cooper looked around. “This place?” I shook my head. “No.” His voice kind of squeaked. “Me?” I nodded and grinned. “You’re my sense of place, Cooper.” 9 likes