Start by marking “Changing Course (Wrecked and Ruined, #1)” as Want to Read:
Changing Course (Wrecked and Ruined, #1)

Changing Course

(Wrecked and Ruined #1)

I met Sarah Kate Erickson when I was twenty-one years old. I was lucky enough to keep her for seven years before a tragic accident stole her from me. She didn’t die, but sometimes I think it would have been easier if she had.

I lived in a haze for those four years after the accident. Catering to her every need, even though she hated the very sight of my face. I tried to hol
Published January 29th 2014

To ask other readers questions about Changing Course, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Changing Course

Christy
Feb 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016-audios
4 stars!

photo 48F02C68-E262-4025-B3F8-073131B61EF1_zpswduz7ohl.jpg

Every book I’ve read by Aly Martinez I’ve loved. Her stories and writing are always so good and I’m never let down. Changing Course was different than anything I’ve read by her. It was a very…. stressful read. I still loved it, though! Much more angsty than I was excepting, but still made me laugh, swoon and feel.

This is not your traditional romance story. And it’s not a love triangle either… Brett was married and in love with Sarah. When Sarah’s best friend died in a car accident, Sa
Aestas Book Blog

First... casting for Brett ;)

SQUEEEEEE!!!!! I loved this book!!!

This was the first book to pull me out of my huge 5-day book hangover and from the moment I started it, I just couldn't put it down. It had the perfect balance of heart wrenching angst, smoking hot romance, and humor. It was emotional, swoony and had a to-die-for Alpha hero who I fell completely in love with. I've always fallen especially hard for the protective, tortured types of guys and Brett was no exception!!

Now, I'm just goi
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
3.5--Frustrating--Stars!

First things first, I did like this one. But it was verra verra frustrating.

The blurb pretty much lets you know it's going to be a bit on the angsty side. Our hero, Brett, was married to Sarah for seven years before a tragedy takes Sarah's best friend's life and essentially her life as well.

And no, Sarah is NOT okay. She is a vile, manipulative bitch. It's been four years since the accident....FOUR FUCKING YEARS and Sarah hates Brett. Yet Brett still longs for the Sarah
Jennifer Kyle
Dec 19, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

*4.25 Second Chances Stars*

“This was never the course I intended to take, but there is no doubt it led me to where I was supposed to be.”

description

Brett and Sarah Erickson had it all, love, marriage and friendship until one night everything changed for them. Injury and guilt plague Sara to hate herself and her life. Four years later, sexy, loyal and funny Brett is stuck in a pattern of loving someone who doesn’t exist when a sweet little brunette named Jesse captures his attention.

This story had great
Mo
Nov 15, 2014 rated it liked it

You'd think with the weekend I would have more time to do reviews and updates. Nope, the working day is the day I seem to post my long-ass reviews and status updates. "Thank Fuck for the weekends" I hear some of you say!!!

I did like this one. Why not 4 or 5 stars then? I think JAnne said that it was a "frustrating" read. Yes, it was. I wanted to smack all the main characters a lot of time. Well, except for Caleb. But Brett, Jesse and especially Sarah, grow up.

Brett, I wanted you to get
Val ⚓️ Shameless, Skanky & Bitchy  ⚓️
Gonna give this a go...even though I said I wouldn't...because it contains some of my dreaded pet peeves....

description

I know, I know. I want to donkey punch myself in the girl parts too.

But after reading Fighting Solitude, I have faith that Aly can pull this out for me!

Plus FREE via amazon. Boom.
Dilek VT
This is a beautiful tale of second chances in life. I do not like second chance stories with the same person that much but it is easier for me to accept a second chance in love with a different person. This way, I do not have to try to forgive anyone for past mistakes and because I am not very good at “forgiving”, opening a new chapter in life with a new person is a more comfortable area for me. This is one of those books where you find the love of your life not once but twice.

It is an incredib
✝✝ Ⓓaisy ❣ ✝✝

Changing Course was one depressing read. There were sweet moments but overall it made me feel depressed.
The author wanted to go for heartbreaking but somehow it didnt worked for me.

photo tumblr_mwep9isvvL1rjp14xo1_500.gif

Well, Officer Brett Sharp was an interesting tall, dark, handsome character. His past and his struggling is definitely sad but at the same time, he is confusing. He certainly needs to let go of his past or don't move around with someone else.

photo 37c4baf38fa204435f71c46c7d87004e.jpg

And then, there is Jess. She is strong and I loved her.

photo 7e1755d1f85e46848ae6c382050954b6.jpg

The book was ste
Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic
Final rating: 3.5 / 5 stars

For Brett Sharp, the only woman for him he's in love with was Sarah Erickson. As soon as they get to know each other at the bar, they hit right away. They dated, shared romantic moments and eventually married after years of relationship.

Things went downhill when Sarah and her best friend, Manda (who happens to be dating Brett's best friend, Caleb Jones) had a car accident. Unfortunately, Sarah was severely injured but her best friend didn't survived. Traumatized on suc
Elisabeth Cole
Feb 06, 2014 rated it it was ok
After reading the reviews of this book I was expecting a lot and was unfortunately disappointed. The main character, Brett, was an idiot. His wife has some sort of traumatic brain injury after an accident but he never really gets her any help. She treats him horribly and wants a divorce but he refuses and does everything to stop it when she initiates one. He tells her one of the main reasons he won't give her a divorce is because he doesn't want her to blow her own money on medical care. She's a ...more
Geri Reads
Jan 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.7 stars!

This book has a lot of cliched things that I tend to dislike reading in a book;

- Angst? Check!
- Mary Sue heroine? Check!
- Love triangle? Kinda check!
- Spotty editing? Check!

But I ended up actually enjoying the whole thing. I couldn't put this book down. And there's one simple reason for that: Aly Martinez is an excellent storyteller. I was captivated at the get go and I wanted to know what happened next. I stayed up all night reading this.

The angst wasn't as bad as I had previously th
J
Jan 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
FULL REVIEW NOW UP!!!

add this book now! <3

Aly Marienz… lady you just rocked my world and I have no idea how to put into words how I feel about it. I read daily, finding new books and falling in love with them is an addiction, I get to chat with fellow book lovers and fan girl over some amazing Authors. But sometimes, its just not enough. Sometimes I'm so shocked by a book, and the need to express how much I love a book that I can't articulate what I want to say, what I want to feel. Chan
Vanessa
4.5 Changing Stars!!

photo Changing Course Casting_zps5hbfcsro.jpg

photo 8331999_zpssakwtikf.png "I'm broken Jess, but I need you to hear these words before I go….
I'm sorry about all of this, I truly am. Please believe me, and think about what I've said. I can't promise you anything more than tomorrow, but maybe one day, the fog will disappear leaving only sunny days ahead."

Oh GOD this damn series!!! I am quickly becoming obsessed with the characters Aly Martinez creates and the stories that she tells. Even though it is only March, I can already tell you with 100% c
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
ARC Provided by the author for an honest review (Thank you for my arc)

"4 DILL PICKLE SPEARS OF HOTNESS"

This book will play on you mentally and emotionally, so beautifully written it will captivate you and yep at times you will be sitting on the edge of your seat wondering if that HEA is just round the corner for this couple or if it will be out of their grasp..

Oh and if your partial to the word "FUCK" move along this book won't be for you!! This man is very partial to using it in near on every s
Vishous
3.5

I really liked the first 50% of the book, but later on I couldn't shake this feeling like I am reading KA's books. In the second half literally everything reminded me of KA. Everything progresses and happens like in her books. Actually, now when I think about it, it was a lot like "Sweet Dreams".

And that first scene with her brother... Seriously... So over the top my head started hurting.

I would have rated it 4*, but I just can't shake this feeling off.
Glass
It wasn't bad, but also it wasn't that good.

Yes, there are few details that remind of Kristen Ashley, but it is a far cry from any KA book.

Timeline and the way story was told annoyed be a bit.

Main female character is the kind I don't like very much in my books.

I wish it was told only from one point of view.
Jess
Jan 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: book-series
5 Tragic, Heart Breaking & Devastating stars

What do you do when the love of your life is ripped away from you... but you’re still forced to see them, still love them, still fight for them. What do you do when they are standing right in front of you screaming they hate you, calling you hideous names and all you can think is how much it hurts your heart just to look at them and still see how beautiful they are to you.

photo a197a798-9cae-49de-8bcb-a4e0839a1b7d_zpsea749539.jpg

Changing Course starts with Brett seeing Sarah for the first time. He is a
Tessa Teevan
Nov 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing

Changing Course by Aly Martinez was a fantastic debut novel and I cannot wait to read the rest of the series. When I was already crying by the end of the prologue, I knew I was in for a wild, crazy ride, and this book did not disappoint.

Brett Erickson was a pretty damn lucky guy. He had beautiful wife who he loved more than life itself, a great job, and a couple of pretty awesome friends. From the moment Brett met Sarah, he knew she was the woman he was supposed to spend the rest of his life wi
Holly
Wild and crazy ride!

3.5 Crazy Train stars!

I just finished this book a little while ago, and my head is spinning. So much angst and turmoil. I don't even know where to begin.

photo 690x170x14pngpagespeedicpmXql1IEx0_zpse9fd768a.png

First of all let me just say that I adore Aly Martinez's writing. She has this way of creating characters that seem to just jump off the page and live and breathe in the real world. I am seriously in awe of her talent.

This book is really hard for me to wrap my head around. On the one hand I loved the intensity of the story.
Jacqueline J
This book was okay. It suffered from some amateurish writing problems. Characters don't always have scream or bellow or whimper their words. The heroine over emoted all the time. She literally never said anything in a normal tone of voice. If someone spoke in real life as she was written, everyone would think she was a crazy person. And if you have to tell me something was said sarcastically instead of letting me infer it from the actual writing, then the writing isn't all that great and it prob ...more
Alissa Evanson
Jan 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
GET READY FOR A ROLLER COASTER OF EMOTIONS. CHANGING COURSE WILL LEAVE YOU WITH EMOTIONAL WHIPLASH AFTER THE RIDE YOUR ABOUT TO TAKE AND YOU DON'T WANT TO MISS OUT ON A SINGLE SECOND OF IT!!!!

Changing Course will lead your heart on a journey of love, heartache and hope. The hard part was trying to get through this story in one piece. Heartbreaking at best and yet filled with so much hope and raw emotion. It’s a story of Gut wrenching loss turned to clear skies and sunny days. But how long b
Malene
Nov 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Holy moly. I had to go through so much to finally get my happy ending. I've read almost all of Aly Martinez' books except for this series. I know this is her first book but already here so proves what a fabulous author she is. She does characterization so well. I was so invested and intrigued by Brett, Sarah, Caleb and Jesse. They captured me immediately and the first couple of chapters were such a great introduction to these people.

I loved Brett and his beautiful heart. He was the good and supp
Anne OK
Nov 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014-reads
Yowza! Great beginning to a new series by debuting author, Aly Martinez. Emotional roller coaster that tightens its hold on your emotions with each page you finish. A gripping storyline that includes well-developed characters, both main and secondary. This one offered up a solid differences on what has been the norm in trending lately. I look forward to reading the next installment where we'll get a deeper look into some of the secondary characters.

One small oops in this story for me, though. I'
Karla
Jun 28, 2014 rated it really liked it

4.5 Stars!! STRIKE-X... Changing Course BOWLED me right over!! Aly Martinez scores again! She weaves one heck of an emotional sexy HOT story!

photo 11a79c2d-f986-4422-a9eb-ca4237809898_zps4720252b.jpg

Review to follow...
Joëlle
Oct 21, 2015 marked it as to-read
Update February 27th 2016 : I haven't read this one yet but have it in a bundle on my Kindle. But this first book is now FREE on Amazon US
Aurora Reynolds
Feb 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Love love love this book❤ ...more
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
Kindle Freebie 12/30/15
AJ

4 life changing stars

I loved this book – with a unique set up, a broken hero and a beautiful love story, I was captivated from the very first page.

Brett’s life was torn apart four years ago when a fatal car accident injured his wife and left her emotionally shattered. Sarah is no longer the person that he spent seven blissfully happy years with, instead she is an angry, bitter woman who
Nov 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

Wow...I totally fell in love with this book. Changing Course is the perfect recipe of humor, angst, sex, grief and happiness. Author Aly Martinez has a wicked sense of humor in her writing and if she's like this in real life, I'd want her to be my best friend.

In Changing Course, Brett Sharp "loses" his wife Sarah in a car accident. Although she is physically still here, she is not the same person that she was when he met her 7 years prior. She is now physically and mentally abusive to B
Christine
Jan 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I got an ARC, so don't kill me because I can't give anything away!

I seriously have to take time to digest that because.... Wow....
Well alright. Here goes.
So it starts off about how he meets his wife, madly in love, love at first sight, hot hot sex.... Blah blah blah...

"Approximately 2,063,000 men ask this question every year. Only about 54% never ask it again."

They were super cute together. And then something awful happens...
"Just let me go..."

And four years go by.... Then he meets Jess.
I love
what is wrong with sarah 1 59 Jul 28, 2014 07:53AM
  • Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #6)
  • Cursive
  • Running Barefoot
  • Roar
  • Crazy Good (Crazy Good, #1)
  • Fighting Redemption
  • Bait (Wake, #1)
  • Inky (The Leaves, #1)
  • Beautifully Awake (Beautifully Awake, #1)
  • Lifers
  • Push (Push, #1)
  • Gravity
  • Used (Unlovable, #1)
  • Coming Home
  • Room 212
  • Past Imperfect (Perfect, #2)
  • Razing Kayne (Walking a Thin Blue Line, #1)
  • Fragile Bonds
Born and raised in Savannah, Georgia, Aly Martinez is a stay-at-home mom to four crazy kids under the age of five- including a set of twins. Currently living in South Carolina, she passes what little free time she has reading anything and everything she can get her hands on, preferably with a glass of wine at her side.

Wrecked and Ruined (4 books)
  • Stolen Course (Wrecked and Ruined, #2)
  • Among the Echoes (Wrecked and Ruined, #2.5)
  • Broken Course (Wrecked and Ruined, #3)
“Good, because did you see his ass in those jeans tonight? Seriously, I would gladly go to jail just to hump his leg.” 10 likes
“I'm her fucking man, so you better start apologizing before you become her dead brother.” 8 likes