Start by marking “The Lightning Moon” as Want to Read:
The Lightning Moon

The Lightning Moon

3.44  ·  Rating details ·  27 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Arrow enjoys his job—more or less. It pays well, lets him travel freely, and puts his rather unique skill set to good use. But when he finds a letter addressed to the most recent man he's been hired to track down, he begins to wonder if what he's got is what he really wants.

Quinn has mostly resigned himself to a lonely life and instead puts his focus on assisting the unusu
ebook
Published January 8th 2014 by Less Than Three Press LLC (first published January 7th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Lightning Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Lightning Moon

Tracey
Dec 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is a new author to me and I found this book in the m/m section of netgalley. I found this book very sweet and entertaining.

Quinn is a widow his husband died, his husband was a shifter. Yes it's pnr too **bliss**. His lonely and just living not enjoying his life anymore. He is also a very normal characther. He resides in a village in the uk that is full of mystical folk and that is the norm. He works is a magic shop that supplies witches with their needs, and that is his life.

That is until h
Cynthia
Jan 16, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed
To read my full review, please visit http://onsilverwingz.blogspot.com/201...

3.5 stars rounded to 3

Quinn's brother elopes with a werewolf's fiancee. The werewolf hires Arrow to retrieve his wayward bride in time for the wedding. Arrow tracks the couple by using Quinn's letter to his brother. Reading the letter, Arrow wants to know more about Quinn beyond his professional duty. When Arrow finally finds the couple, can he disregard Quinn's feelings to complete his job?

I love how the author used th
Jennifer Lavoie
A fun, short read. If you're coming into this expect some graphic scenes, though, then this isn't the book for you. It was actually refreshing to read a m/m story without that. I enjoyed Quinn and his heartbreak and Arrow and his slow spiral from being this tough "I don't give a crap" guy to an "Okay, I actually do give a crap" guy.

The only thing that kept this from being a five star review was the climax. I wanted more of a fight between Henri and Arrow. When Arrow works his magic on him, it w
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
Fluffy, angst-free, and steam-free, this book sort of suffered from mutliple-personality disorder; it didn't know what it wanted to be. Paranormal? Yes, but the magical aspect of this world isn't really explored. Romance? Sort of, although the MCs don't get together until the very end, and we have one light kissing scene. Mystery? Kind of; there's some subterfuge, but it's all very easy. This was lukewarm at best, a mild, forgettable story.

Thanks to Netgalley and the publisher for providing me
Elspeth
Jan 26, 2014 rated it did not like it
I received this book from NetGalley for an honest review.

This book really wasn't for me. The writing was too juvenile, and the dialog was horrible. The author tried to hard for her characters to be funny, and they were not, at all. The story wasn't much, it was just there. I found myself skimming to the end to just see what was going to happen and even that wasn't very impressive.
This was a very tepid story, trying to hard in places, and falling far from the mark in others.
Melanie
Dec 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: every lovers of romance and magic

Rating: 4.75 stars out of 5,

A magical romance that just captivated me from the start. A must read. For my full review visit http://wp.me/p220KL-1VO

For all my reviews and Best of 2013, visit http://scatteredthoughtsandroguewords...
Lily
Jan 14, 2014 rated it liked it
3.5 stars. Interesting characterisations and world-building, but I would have liked the reconciliation to be less rushed and hence more credible.
Kevin Holsters
Je voudrais remercier Reines-Beaux pour me faire confiance dans la lecture de leurs romans. Je suis assez mitigé face à ce court roman (ou longue nouvelle, tout dépend du point de vue du lecteur) et vais vous livrer mon avis sans plus attendre.

Tout d’abord, sans vouloir critiquer le travail de la correctrice, j’ai trouvé quelques fautes dans la nouvelle et c’est assez regrettable au niveau de la forme du récit. C’est toujours plus agréable de lire un roman sans faute qu’un avec quelques erreur
Samantha Ortega
Alors alors... alors ben j'avoue que je suis mitigée.. j'ai vraiment aimé ce roman, l'univers, les personnages mais.. parce qu'il faut bien qu'il y ait un mais.. il était vraiment trop court et la romance n'est pas assez développé.

Ceci dit, c'était vraiment une histoire très sympa, avec un univers que j'ai aimé découvrir. Alors oui on a déjà lu tout un tas de roman avec un univers bit lit mais j'aime vraiment voir ce que chaque auteur fait de cet univers et les règles qu'il met en place.

J'aurai
Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*
This review can be found at The Blogger Girls review site.

Since Quinn’s partner died, he’s been living a lonely, sad life. He hasn’t been able to get over George’s death in the five years he’s been grieving but when Quinn’s brother, Michael, comes back into his life with his future wife, they inadvertently give Quinn a reason to move on with his life. That reason? Arrow, the man who’s been chasing Michael and Jade. Quinn thought he finally found another person to spend his life with but
Boulimique Des
Sep 17, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Arrow est un sorcier, nous ne connaissons pas exactement la vraie nature de son métier si ne n'est qu'il est souvent payé pour ramener des personnes. Dans cette histoire, il court après une certaine Jade, une louve qui s'est enfuie avec un humain Mickaël.
Pendant cette chasse à l'homme il va faire la rencontre de Quinn, un jeune homme solitaire et triste.

Ce roman fantastique m'a fait passer un bon moment. Cependant, je l'ai trouvé un peu court et j'ai eu le sentiment que l'auteur allait trop vite
Joyfully Jay
Jan 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: crissy
A Joyfully Jay review.

Besides being a wonderful story, I loved The Lightning Moon for the amount of angst this author shoved in such a short amount of time. It starts out with a man broken and floundering who is ghosting through life and ends with him finding himself in the eyes of another man who is shady at best. Seriously there are so many layers to the characters in this story. As a reader, it was a joy to peel each layer back and discover a new level to Quinn and Arrow.

Read Crissy'
Marc | Rainbow Gold Reviews
Jan 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.5

I really liked the book. Interesting mythology and characters.
Mandi
Sara
Oct 05, 2014
Crystal
Feb 12, 2015
When not roaming the city of Bristol looking for functioning internet, I spend my time watching various T.V. shows, reading, tying cardboard tubes together for my rats to play with, and drinking herbal teas.

I write romance fiction, usually m/m, but with the occasional f/f pairings. I most enjoy writing paranormal fiction, but I have been known to dabble in contemporary and historical sub-genres.

I