Start by marking “The Crown of Ptolemy (Percy Jackson & Kane Chronicles Crossover #3)” as Want to Read:
The Crown of Ptolemy (Percy Jackson & Kane Chronicles Crossover #3)

The Crown of Ptolemy

(Percy Jackson & Kane Chronicles Crossover #3)

In their first encounter, demigod Percy Jackson and magician Carter Kane had to battle a giant crocodile on Long Island. A month later, Annabeth Chase ran into Carter's sister, Sadie, on the A train to Rockaway, where the pair fought a god named Serapis. Now trouble is brewing again, this time on Governor's Island. An ancient Egyptian magician named Setne has come back fro ...more
Published May 12th 2015 by Disney-Hyperion (first published March 1st 2015)

Start your review of The Crown of Ptolemy (Percy Jackson & Kane Chronicles Crossover #3)
Paige  Bookdragon
To all the idiots who told me I won't hear anything from Percy again, you little fuckers. I have this super-duper-mega-awesome-book that tells me about another PERCY JACKSON adventure.

Don't try to come between me and my love again. I will rip you to pieces.
Tj Jenkins
Oct 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
walt stone should meet nico
Julie
Nov 04, 2013 marked it as to-read
I wonder who meets who in this one. GAHH.

description
Mario
Dec 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: short-stories
Oh Rick, how much I've missed your writing.

The story was just amazing. It reminded me why I loved Kane chronicles and Percy Jackson so much. It had everything other Riordan book has: great writing, a lot of laugh out loud moments and kick ass characters.

And hopefully Riordan won't stop writing these. But Rick, may I suggest a full length novel? Now that would be just bloody perfect.

If you're fan of both (or even one) series, I suggest giving this a read (along with first two stories). I promise
Natalie Monroe
What can I say, first-person Percy Jackson trumps everything.

But enough now, Riordan, seriously. Please don't destroy my fondness of him by drowning me in Percy spin-offs.
Sanni
Dec 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Before reading it:
Told from Percy's point of view, this third demigod-magician crossover story has all of the spunk and action that Rick Riordan fans crave.

Told from Percy's point of view

PERCY'S POINT OF VIEW

I have been waiting for this moment for so long. I simply adore Percy's narrating voice and I have missed "hearing" it since The Last Olympian. I can't wait!

After reading it:
Ah, Percy, I had missed hearing your voice in my head. The story was awesome, the Kanes were awesome, Annabeth was awe
Jules ♈ Bookvergent
2015: 2 stars

2018: 5 stars

Friendly reminder that in order to understand this story, you need to read Percy Jackson Collection: Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief, the Last Olympian, the Titans Curse, the Sea of Monsters, the Battle of the Labyrinth, the Demigod Files and the Red Pyramid first.

To be honest, I do not remember why on Earth I rated this short story two stars. The third part of the Demigods and Magicians: Three Stories from the World of Percy Jackson and the Kane Chronicles
Mira
"At this point I should probably back up and explain what the heck was going on.
Only problem: I wasn't sure what the heck was going on."

Classic Percy. Ah, I missed this guy. <3
The Crown of Ptolemy was an absolute joy to read and I loved it. It is from Percy's perspective! Perfect, just perfect. It was funny (it made me laugh out loud, my brother is my witness here) and really action-packed for such a short novella. I loved seeing the interaction of Percy, Annabeth, Sadie and Carter. Oh gods, Per
Twila
Jan 17, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There are a few things better than first person Percy Jackson.

I've really been enjoying these crossovers Riordan has done. This one was definitely the most funny so far. Probably because it was done in Percy's POV.

All the previous ones set up some kind of connection. The first was between Percy and Carter. The second was between Sadie and Annabeth. This one brings all four together in an enjoyable adventure. Riordan leaves the end a way to possible extend further and I hope so and look forward
catherine ♡
Mar 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was actually really into this one! And with that little dash of Percabeth, I just had to give this five stars.
Alexander Draganov
Nov 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Great story of Rick Riordan, with it he starts his year in the best way possible /remember, we expect two more books from him - Percy Jackson's Greek Heroes and the long-awaited "The Sword of Summer", beginning of his nordic series/.
Percy and Annabeth have to team up with Carter and Sadie from "The Kane Chronicles" to stop Setne, the eccentric, but evil magicial who wants to become a god, to destroy the all pantheons and to rule the world. Riordan once again blends masterfully humour and action,
Mitticus

Maybe is for really young kids, but that kind of humor it feel cartoon-ish to me.

I enjoy Percy Jackson books, but not the brothers Kane ones (specially Sadie, who keeps making fun of her brother for liking research and books in her eyes been boring).

Anyway, Setne wants to be a god. Not good. So they joined forces against him. Apart for some ideas -dispise really juvenile jokes- is not a good story.

A pity.
Stevie
Jul 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: percy-jackson
UPDATE (2/17/2015)
84 DAYS!!!!!!!!!

--------------------------
Can't wait for this, but 2015?! 2015?! I can't wait that long!!!! Why, Rick, why? Good news though: the entire thing is from Percy's POV, and in first-person. :)
Melanie
FIVE FREAKING AMAZING STARS

(I'll write a more detailed on Dat Little Blog. Don't forget to check it out soon!)

How I miss the amazing world of Persassy! Needless to say that this story was absolutely amazing: full of fun and action and Percabeth <3

'Also he stole my sword', I said. 'I want it back.'
The three of them stared at me.
'What?'I said. 'I like my sword.'

This short story is from Percy's perspective, and although it didn't completely make it up for what I found as a severe lack of Persas
StMargarets
This is a short story - about 64 pages that brings together the main characters of Rick Riordan's Percy Jackson series with the brother and sister of the Kane Chronicle series. Percy and Annabeth are Greek demi-gods, while Sadie and Kane are Egyptian magicians. Normally you're not supposed to "cross the streams" in fantasy literature, but Riordan did, logically and cleverly. Seems Ptolemy was a historical figure that combined knowledge of the ancient Greeks and the Egyptians. So, Riordan just in ...more
Gaby
Feb 01, 2014 marked it as to-read
I bet this time it's going to be Percy, Carter, Annabeth, and Sadie.
Dessa Mae
The Crown of Ptolemy by Rick Riordan
Published 2015, Disney Hyperion
Stars: ★★★★☆
Review also posted at: Slapdash & Sundry

I may have an unhealthy obsession with Rick Riordan. Seriously, I love Percy Jackson, I love Heroes of Olympus, I love the Kane Chronicles, and I'm waiting with bated breath for Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard to start this fall with Swords of Summer... so of course, I'm insta-buying anything with his name on it.

This is the third in a series of crossovers between the chara
Nalani
Jun 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindel, favorites
This review will be non-spoiler, I will post a spoiler review on my YouTube channel. I wanted to cry when I finished it. It was so perfect. This was the best way to say goodbye to Percy. The story is told from his first person POV and I loved walking through Percy's head again. I don't know about you, but his first person is much better than his third person. It it gives him back his humor and satisfied the craving to hear him, Annabeth, and the Kanes again. The loose ends on Percy's and the Kan ...more
Alissa H.
Feb 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
"At this point I should probably back up and explain what the heck is going on. Only problem: I wasn't sure what the heck was going on." Honestly how could I not love a first person Percy story - especially one also starring Annabeth and the Kane siblings? There's some cute Percabeth moments, an epic Kane/PJO team-up and they kick some monster/godly butt as always. I wish Rick Riordan would do more crossover stories in future (Magnus? Kane siblings? PJO? Lester? PLEASE RICK!)
Stef
May 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I keep on saying that I want more because it's true! I do want more! The way all four of them worked together was as awesome as the Heroes of Olympus. Sadie/Percy and Annabeth/Carter, their similarities were really funny. AND ALSO PERCY POV YESSSSSSS! I hope Rick Riordan can continue this crossover into a series. I would love to read it!
Simona Bartolotta
Funny, intriguing, extremely entertaining. They may seem terribly banal as attributes, but to me -and, above all, considering the way Riordan uses them to weave a good story- they are true qualities to all intents and purposes.
After reading a little Percy, one can't help feeling happier.
Sage Elizabeth
1.) The Red Pyramid ★★★★★
2.) The Throne of Fire ★★★★
3.) The Serpent's Shadow ★★★★★
1.) The Son of Sobek ★★★★
2.) The Staff of Serapis ★★★★★
Lara
Yaaaas my four favorite mfs are together kicking some Greek-Egyptian asses.
Devann
This was a really fun story and a great ending to this nice little crossover series. Really the only reason I didn't give it more than 3 stars is because it's so short but I still really enjoyed it.
 ➹ƓℛἎℂℰ⚡(on hiatus)
'Also he stole my sword,'I said.'I want it back.'The three of them stared at me.'What?'I said.'I like my sword.'
ME: *laughs so loudly that everybody in the room stares at me!*
Finally! Here's Percy. Until reading this book I didn't realise how much I missed him. My soul was yearning to hear his voice and was a bit disappointed when Son of Sobek was written in Carter's PoV. Not that I don't like Carter but...Come on! Everybody has to agree that Percy is the best !❤️(view spoiler)
Marija
Very entertaining and educational. Percy Jackson is always a delight to read about
Nərmin
Entertaining and delightful! I really loved mixture of Egyptian and Greek mythology. Good to see Kane siblings and Percy/Annabeth duo again, too!
Pavitra (For The Love of Fictional Worlds)
Actual Rating 4.5 Stars

For more reviews, do not forget to visitFor The Love of Fictional Worlds :)

After all we'd been through, I was not going to let our lives end this way - devoured by a wannabe Elvis god with a pillbox hat.

Oh Percy! How I have missed you!

Best thing about this short story? (It is super short!) You are instantly transported to the world of Persassy and you wonder how have you even survived till now without it! *sighs*

This story is a continuation of both Son of Sobek a
Thibaut Nicodème
Mar 07, 2015 rated it liked it
Lack of death kids teamup aside…this is good. Not much more than that. I wasn't expecting much more, mind you.

Percy's character is well used here, and his interactions with Annabeth would be subtle if he didn't have to explain them to us. Yes, we get it, you kiss her before battle because it might be your last chance. After all of HOO, we have come to understand this. On the other hand, the references back to him refusing godhood work. I am however disappointed that they're on an island, but Per
The End! (Spoiler Alert) 7 44 Oct 04, 2017 07:49AM
Heroes of Olympus...: The Crowm of Ptolmey 1 27 Nov 28, 2014 03:27PM

• The Throne of Fire: The Graphic Novel  (The Kane Chronicles: The Graphic Novels, #2)
  • The Sea of Monsters: The Graphic Novel (Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Graphic Novels, #2)
  • The Titan's Curse: The Graphic Novel (Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Graphic Novels, #3)
  • The Red Pyramid: The Graphic Novel (The Kane Chronicles: The Graphic Novels, #1)
  • The Curse of Hera (Camp Hercules #1)
  • The Lost Hero: The Graphic Novel  (The Heroes of Olympus: The Graphic Novels, #1)
  • The Son of Neptune: The Graphic Novel (The Heroes of Olympus: The Graphic Novels, #2)
  • The Serpent's Shadow: The Graphic Novel (The Kane Chronicles, #3)
  • Attack of the Shadow-Crafters: The Birth of Herobrine Book Two: A Gameknight999 Adventure: An Unofficial Minecrafter's Adventure
  • Percy Jackson
  • Herobrine's War: The Birth of Herobrine Book Three: A Gameknight999 Adventure: An Unofficial Minecrafter's Adventure
  • The Battle of the Labyrinth: The Graphic Novel (Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Graphic Novels, #4)
  • Rick Riordan
  • The Storm Runner (The Storm Runner, #1)
  • Cry Blue Murder
  • Storm Warning (The 39 Clues, #9)
  • Truth in Sight
  • The Fire Keeper (The Storm Runner #2)

Percy Jackson & Kane Chronicles Crossover (3 books)
  • The Son of Sobek (Percy Jackson & Kane Chronicles Crossover, #1)
  • The Staff of Serapis (Percy Jackson & Kane Chronicles Crossover #2)