Start by marking “The Crown of Ptolemy (Percy Jackson & Kane Chronicles Crossover #3)” as Want to Read:
The Crown of Ptolemy (Percy Jackson & Kane Chronicles Crossover #3)

The Crown of Ptolemy (Percy Jackson & Kane Chronicles Crossover #3)

4.38  ·  Rating details ·  12,830 Ratings  ·  736 Reviews
In their first encounter, demigod Percy Jackson and magician Carter Kane had to battle a giant crocodile on Long Island. A month later, Annabeth Chase ran into Carter's sister, Sadie, on the A train to Rockaway, where the pair fought a god named Serapis. Now trouble is brewing again, this time on Governor's Island. An ancient Egyptian magician named Setne has come back fro ...more
Published May 12th 2015 by Disney-Hyperion (first published March 1st 2015)

Paige  Bookdragon
To all the idiots who told me I won't hear anything from Percy again, you little fuckers. I have this super-duper-mega-awesome-book that tells me about another PERCY JACKSON adventure.

Don't try to come between me and my love again. I will rip you to pieces.
Tj Jenkins
Oct 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
walt stone should meet nico
Julie
Nov 04, 2013 marked it as to-read
I wonder who meets who in this one. GAHH.

description
Mario
Dec 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: short-stories
Oh Rick, how much I've missed your writing.

The story was just amazing. It reminded me why I loved Kane chronicles and Percy Jackson so much. It had everything other Riordan book has: great writing, a lot of laugh out loud moments and kick ass characters.

And hopefully Riordan won't stop writing these. But Rick, may I suggest a full length novel? Now that would be just bloody perfect.

If you're fan of both (or even one) series, I suggest giving this a read (along with first two stories). I promise
Natalie Monroe
What can I say, first-person Percy Jackson trumps everything.

But enough now, Riordan, seriously. Please don't destroy my fondness of him by drowning me in Percy spin-offs.
Alika Ting
Nov 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
It's really awesome to hear from Percy's POV for the first time since the Greek Gods. It was really interesting how Percy saw Sadie and thought of how she reminded him of Annabeth and himself. At the end we got an excerpt from the Sword of Summer, and I am really pumped for the new Magnus Chase thing going on. I thought we were going to be introduced to a bunch of different characters, but was excited to read about how early Annabeth is introduced into the story! Magnus seems like a really cool ...more
Sanni
Dec 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Before reading it:
Told from Percy's point of view, this third demigod-magician crossover story has all of the spunk and action that Rick Riordan fans crave.

Told from Percy's point of view

PERCY'S POINT OF VIEW

I have been waiting for this moment for so long. I simply adore Percy's narrating voice and I have missed "hearing" it since The Last Olympian. I can't wait!

After reading it:
Ah, Percy, I had missed hearing your voice in my head. The story was awesome, the Kanes were awesome, Annabeth was awe
Jules ♈ ☾Bookvergent☽
2015: 2 stars

2018: 5 stars

Friendly reminder that in order to understand this story, you need to read Percy Jackson Collection: Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief, the Last Olympian, the Titans Curse, the Sea of Monsters, the Battle of the Labyrinth, the Demigod Files and the Red Pyramid first.

To be honest, I do not remember why on Earth I rated this short story two stars. The third part of the Demigods and Magicians: Three Stories from the World of Percy Jackson and the Kane Chronicles
P
Jun 27, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
สนุกพอๆกับทีแลวเลย แตเนือเรืองใหอารมณเหมือนเกมสคอมพิวเตอรมากไปหนอย และกดูรีบๆรอนๆยังไงกไมรู อานไปอานมา อาวจบแลวหรอ ! ชวงแรกเปิดเรืองมาสมเปน Novella จริงๆ วารปไปกลางการตอสูเลย สักพักตัวรายกวารปหนี ฝายพระเอกเรากตามไป แลวกวารปหนีกันอีกรอบ คราวนีพอตอสูกัน ฝายอียิปตกับกรีกไฮบริดกันมันเลยพีนอง ทีแนๆคือเซดีกับแอนนาเบธเขาขากันดีมาก จนเราเกือบลืมไปวายังมีคารเตอรอยูในเรืองอีกคน -*- ใหอารมณแบบวา...คารเตอรผูจืดจางหายไปไหน เพราะคารเตอรนีกลมกลืนไปกับพืนหลังจนเรามองไมเหนเลยจริงๆนะ

แอบสยองทียอมใหเพอรซียเปนรางประ
Mira
"At this point I should probably back up and explain what the heck was going on.
Only problem: I wasn't sure what the heck was going on."

Classic Percy. Ah, I missed this guy. <3
The Crown of Ptolemy was an absolute joy to read and I loved it. It is from Percy's perspective! Perfect, just perfect. It was funny (it made me laugh out loud, my brother is my witness here) and really action-packed for such a short novella. I loved seeing the interaction of Percy, Annabeth, Sadie and Carter. Oh gods,
Twila
Jan 17, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There are a few things better than first person Percy Jackson.

I've really been enjoying these crossovers Riordan has done. This one was definitely the most funny so far. Probably because it was done in Percy's POV.

All the previous ones set up some kind of connection. The first was between Percy and Carter. The second was between Sadie and Annabeth. This one brings all four together in an enjoyable adventure. Riordan leaves the end a way to possible extend further and I hope so and look forward
Alexander Draganov
Nov 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Great story of Rick Riordan, with it he starts his year in the best way possible /remember, we expect two more books from him - Percy Jackson's Greek Heroes and the long-awaited "The Sword of Summer", beginning of his nordic series/.
Percy and Annabeth have to team up with Carter and Sadie from "The Kane Chronicles" to stop Setne, the eccentric, but evil magicial who wants to become a god, to destroy the all pantheons and to rule the world. Riordan once again blends masterfully humour and action,
Toph
I read this Percy Jackson/Kane Chronicles short story crossover while I was at All-State orchestra a few months ago. It was nice to have a book to read between busy rehearsals, but this story doesn't really match up to Riordan's quality of writing in his longer books. I feel like this was written largely to appease a crowd of fans who wanted to see their favorite characters fight monsters together. But it was still interesting, even though the first two were better (IMO). 3.5 stars.
Mitticus

Maybe is for really young kids, but that kind of humor it feel cartoon-ish to me.

I enjoy Percy Jackson books, but not the brothers Kane ones (specially Sadie, who keeps making fun of her brother for liking research and books in her eyes been boring).

Anyway, Setne wants to be a god. Not good. So they joined forces against him. Apart for some ideas -dispise really juvenile jokes- is not a good story.

A pity.
Stevie
Jul 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: percy-jackson
UPDATE (2/17/2015)
84 DAYS!!!!!!!!!

--------------------------
Can't wait for this, but 2015?! 2015?! I can't wait that long!!!! Why, Rick, why? Good news though: the entire thing is from Percy's POV, and in first-person. :)
Catherine ♡
I was actually really into this one! And with that little dash of Percabeth, I just had to give this five stars.
Melanie
FIVE FREAKING AMAZING STARS

(I'll write a more detailed on Dat Little Blog. Don't forget to check it out soon!)

How I miss the amazing world of Persassy! Needless to say that this story was absolutely amazing: full of fun and action and Percabeth <3

'Also he stole my sword', I said. 'I want it back.'
The three of them stared at me.
'What?'I said. 'I like my sword.'

This short story is from Percy's perspective, and although it didn't completely make it up for what I found as a severe lack of Per
Daniel
May 16, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fin kraj, puno prepucavanja u razgovorima i par finih akcionih scena. Minus mi je jedino sto gubimo stranu dve na prepricavanju sta se desavalo u prethodnim knjizicama.

Iskreno mislim da bi bilo bolje da je ovo izaslo kao jedna redovna knjiga sa jos kojim chapterom, ovako imam osecaj da je sve nekako zbrzano.

Ali knjige su zabavne i ako ste fan Rickovih svetova samo navalite. Nadam se da ce nastaviti ovu koleboraciju i u kasnijim knjigama.
Gaby
Feb 01, 2014 marked it as to-read
I bet this time it's going to be Percy, Carter, Annabeth, and Sadie.
Steven
The Crown of Ptolemy by Rick Riordan
Published 2015, Disney Hyperion
Stars: ★★★★☆
Review also posted at: Slapdash & Sundry

I may have an unhealthy obsession with Rick Riordan. Seriously, I love Percy Jackson, I love Heroes of Olympus, I love the Kane Chronicles, and I'm waiting with bated breath for Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard to start this fall with Swords of Summer... so of course, I'm insta-buying anything with his name on it.

This is the third in a series of crossovers between the c
Nalani
Jun 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, kindel
This review will be non-spoiler, I will post a spoiler review on my YouTube channel. I wanted to cry when I finished it. It was so perfect. This was the best way to say goodbye to Percy. The story is told from his first person POV and I loved walking through Percy's head again. I don't know about you, but his first person is much better than his third person. It it gives him back his humor and satisfied the craving to hear him, Annabeth, and the Kanes again. The loose ends on Percy's and the Kan ...more
Alissa Haley
Feb 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
"At this point I should probably back up and explain what the heck is going on. Only problem: I wasn't sure what the heck was going on." Honestly how could I not love a first person Percy story - especially one also starring Annabeth and the Kane siblings? There's some cute Percabeth moments, an epic Kane/PJO team-up and they kick some monster/godly butt as always. I wish Rick Riordan would do more crossover stories in future (Magnus? Kane siblings? PJO? Lester? PLEASE RICK!)
Stef
May 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I keep on saying that I want more because it's true! I do want more! The way all four of them worked together was as awesome as the Heroes of Olympus. Sadie/Percy and Annabeth/Carter, their similarities were really funny. AND ALSO PERCY POV YESSSSSSS! I hope Rick Riordan can continue this crossover into a series. I would love to read it!
Simona Bartolotta
Funny, intriguing, extremely entertaining. They may seem terribly banal as attributes, but to me -and, above all, considering the way Riordan uses them to weave a good story- they are true qualities to all intents and purposes.
After reading a little Percy, one can't help feeling happier.
Dessa Mae
Mar 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
"If Annabeth and I ever had a daughter, she might be a lot like Sadie." --Percy
Percabeth feels <3
Devann
This was a really fun story and a great ending to this nice little crossover series. Really the only reason I didn't give it more than 3 stars is because it's so short but I still really enjoyed it.
Negar
May 08, 2015 rated it liked it
من امروز یه ترجمه ی فارسی از این کتاب خوندم که راستشو بواین اصلا خوب نبود. ولی الان برام سواله که اصلا کتاب از کجا اومده وقتی گودریدز عزیز میگه کتاب چهار روز دیگه منتشر میشه؟

+ ریک ریوردن، با اینکه ازت متنفرم، ولی دلم برات تنگ شده بود.
Marija
Very entertaining and educational. Percy Jackson is always a delight to read about
Amelia Oswald
Percy Jackson + Sadie Kane = Double the sass and double the humour like seriously I can't stop laughing.
I don't know who is unluckier Annabeth or Percy, Troubles keep coming after them from time after time. Give them a break please. They need all the happiness in the world thank you very much.
But I just couldn't refuse Percabeth. More Percabeth moments for me please.
Pavitra (For The Love of Fictional Worlds)
Actual Rating 4.5 Stars

For more reviews, do not forget to visitFor The Love of Fictional Worlds :)

After all we'd been through, I was not going to let our lives end this way - devoured by a wannabe Elvis god with a pillbox hat.

Oh Percy! How I have missed you!

Best thing about this short story? (It is super short!) You are instantly transported to the world of Persassy and you wonder how have you even survived till now without it! *sighs*

This story is a continuation of both Son of Sobek and
The End! (Spoiler Alert) 7 44 Oct 04, 2017 07:49AM
Heroes of Olympus...: The Crowm of Ptolmey 1 27 Nov 28, 2014 03:27PM
  • 六花の勇者 (Rokka no Yuusha, #1)
  • Zodiac Starforce #1
  • Kingdom Hearts: The Novel (light novel)
  • Darth Vader #9
  • Ultraman, Vol. 1
  • Chrono Crusade, Vol. 5 (Chrono Crusade, #5)
  • The Hollows (Hollowland Graphic Novel)
  • Spider-Gwen (2015) #5
  • Tokyo Ghost #1
  • Black Canary #1
  • Thor's Serpents (The Blackwell Pages #3)

More about Rick Riordan

Percy Jackson & Kane Chronicles Crossover (3 books)
  • The Son of Sobek (Percy Jackson & Kane Chronicles Crossover, #1)
  • The Staff of Serapis (Percy Jackson & Kane Chronicles Crossover #2)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Son of the Dawn (Ghosts of the Shadow Market #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Sanctuary (Nomad, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Genome (The Extinction Files #2)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Mechanica (Mechanica, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Wired (Wired, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Bandwidth (An Analog Novel Book 1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sufficiently Advanced Magic (Arcane Ascension, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Three Dark Crowns (Three Dark Crowns, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Bees
    $12.99 $1.99
  • The Land: Founding (Chaos Seeds, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Mists of Avalon (Avalon, #1)
    $12.99 $2.99
  • Fool's Assassin (The Fitz and The Fool Trilogy, #1)
  • Gone (Gone, #1)
  • Friday
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Dhalgren
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Conjure (Hoodoo Apprentice)
    $5.99 $0.00
  • Moon Chosen (Tales of a New World #1)
    $8.51 $2.99
  • Homeworld (Odyssey One, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Recurve (The Elemental Series, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Deviants (Dust Chronicles #1)
    $4.49 $0.99
  • Before She Ignites (Fallen Isles, #1)
    $6.49 $1.99
  • When Gravity Fails (The Budayeen Cycle, 1)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Philip K. Dick's Electric Dreams
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Thirteen
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Kill Society (Sandman Slim, #9)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Out of the Black (Odyssey One, #4)
  • The Menagerie
    $3.99 $1.99
“As for Sadie, she didn’t appear interested in strategy. She leaped from puddle to puddle in her combat boots. She hummed to herself, twirled like a little kid and occasionally pulled random things out of her backpack: wax animal figurines, some string, a piece of chalk, a bright yellow bag of candy.

She reminded me of someone …

Then it occurred to me. She looked like a younger version of Annabeth, but her fidgeting and hyperness reminded me of … well, me. If Annabeth and I ever had a daughter, she might be a lot like Sadie.

Whoa.

It’s not like I’d never dreamed about kids before. I mean, you date someone for over a year, the idea is going to be in the back of your mind somewhere, right? But still – I’m barely seventeen. I’m not ready to think too seriously about stuff like that. Also, I’m a demigod. On a day-to-day basis, I’m busy just trying to stay alive.

Yet, looking at Sadie, I could imagine that someday maybe I’d have a little girl who looked like Annabeth and acted like me – a cute little hellion of a demigod, stomping through puddles and flattening monsters with magic camels.”
29 likes
“I tried to look confused, which is one of my most convincing expressions.” 25 likes