Start by marking “Inevitably a Duchess” as Want to Read:
Inevitably a Duchess

Inevitably a Duchess

(Spy Series .5)

Richard Black, the Duke of Lofton, waited for her, watching  as the agony of marriage broke the woman he loved.  Lady Jane Haven had to find a reason to survive, a purpose to carry on when it seemed God would not just let her die.  But when fate finally offers them a chance to be together, a treasonous plot threatens to keep them apart.  And when it becomes more than just ...more
ebook
Published November 3rd 2013 by Someday Lady Publishing, LLC (first published November 2nd 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Inevitably a Duchess, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Inevitably a Duchess

vaneeta naik
Aug 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a review copy from the author, this is an honest & voluntary review. Thank you to Jessie Clever for d free copy.

This is my first book by Jessie & would like to sat was not disappointed... i enjoyed d book...a very well written book... no pretenses ... fast paced not at boring...also d link is not broken u r absolutely engrossed chapter o chapter...
Also seeing it is set in Regency era ...it has a freshning outlook concerning d thoughts & actions of a women... also conventi
Deb Diem
Dec 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Inevitably A Duchess is a fantastic historical romance by Jessie Clever. Ms. Clever has given readers a well-written book. This is a quick read, perfect for those with limited reading time. Jane's abusive husband died, freeing Jane become Richard's secret lover. When Jane becomes a spy they are linked even closer. Jane and Richard's story is loaded with drama, humor, sizzle and suspense. I enjoyed reading Inevitably A Duchess and look forward to reading more from Jessie Clever in the future. Ine ...more
Roslyn Stillman
Jul 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book had me hooked from page one. I love the adventure and suspense of a spy story and this one had it all. It was a great introduction to the series and has me wanting to keep reading. It was a very easy read without a lot of filler. The characters where well written and very likeable including the two boys who had a lot of character of their own. It was a good introduction to the boys becoming spies in their own right when then they grow up. There was a small sex scene which this reviewer ...more
Brittany
I received this from the author to try out her series. This was a very fast read. The only problem I had with it was that we were thrown into a world where the two characters are already living together with no back story. It made it hard to follow at times. Other than that a pretty good intro for a new series.
Shirley Hamlod
Mar 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was an enjoyable read but I wish I’d read it first before the first book in the series as it’s better that way around. It was good though and I enjoyed learning about how Richard and Jane got together.
Quinn Fforde
Dec 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jane really rocks this story. But I was confused because I thought this was a prequel. It felt like there was stuff I should have known before I read it. The writing was good, but there were a few editorial mistakes (about 1 per chapter).
Patricia Schuette
This is a prequel to the author"s Spy Series. It I a story bout a widow who is asked to join the War Office.
Tin
Feb 26, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
It's been a few days since I finished reading Jessie Clever's Inevitably a Duchess, and what lingers in my mind is the wonderful relationship between Richard and Jane -- they met when they were younger, and, while there was a spark between them, they ended up marrying different people. In her marriage, Jane suffered terrible abuse, and, while she survived that marriage, she came out of it changed. She's been widowed for a year, and has rekindled her friendship with Richard.

Richard knows of Jane'
MRB
Dec 08, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A skilled editor could have elevated this novella from a mere 'okay' to a whole lot more. The characters were likable, the dash of spying and intrigue is fun for those craving something other than the usual 'moving from one ballroom to the other' regency fare, and there are a few amusing, clever and well-written lines. Unfortunately, I found some of the errors in punctuation to be outright distracting. The author has a particular issue with comma placement, often sticking them in where they clea ...more
Trish R.
Feb 06, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful little spy story..

I liked Richard and Jane. They were such a great couple. He was so patient with her, because of the beatings she took from her now dead husband, and he loved her so much. You could just feel it. I liked his sons, too, Nathan and Alec. I laughed over the conversation they had with Jane about the chestnuts and what they looked like. That was too funny.

For all the beatings she took Jane was a strong and brave woman, making me so glad she wasn’t a whiner or constant crier
Patty McKenna Van Hulle
Inevitably a Duchess (The Spy Series) by Jessie CleverJessie Clever

Another great storyline. I enjoyed the relationship between Nathan. ales and Jane. To see the spy world open up for Jane. I want to read Nathan's story in SON OF A DUKE and Alec's story too. It was great to read about a Duke who loves his kids equal not matter their born and how society sees them. I give this book 3 finger ups and 7 toes.
Brenda Taylor
Nov 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Inevitable a Duchess is an exciting spy story romance. Clever does a fine job with characterization and plot in the novella format. The romance between Richard and Jane is excitingly engaged throughout the story while both work diligently to uncover a sinister spy ring. Jane is instrumental in the discovery and arrest of the gang’s leader. Richard has two sons by a previous marriage and Jane’s heart, so hurt by an abusive husband, opens to Richard and the boys in the face of danger.
Kathy
Nov 30, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like the strong heroine! I am definitely going back and reading the other books in this series. I am hooked.
Melissa
Oct 30, 2015
Elaine Hamner-Yard
May 10, 2014
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Aug 07, 2015 05:49PM
Jessie decided to be a writer because the job of Indiana Jones was already filled.

Taking her history degree dangerously, Jessie tells the stories of courageous heroines, the men who dared to love them, and the world that tried to defeat them.

Jessie makes her home in the great state of New Hampshire where she lives with her husband and two very opinionated Basset hounds.

Receive an exclusive Spy Ser

Spy Series (4 books)
  • Son of a Duke (Spy Series, #1)
  • For Love of the Earl (Spy Series, #2)
  • A Countess Most Daring (The Spy Series Book 3)
  • To Save a Viscount