Start by marking “A Sea of Shields (The Sorcerer's Ring, #10)” as Want to Read:
A Sea of Shields (The Sorcerer's Ring, #10)

A Sea of Shields

(The Sorcerer's Ring #10)

In A SEA OF SHIELDS, Gwendolyn gives birth to her and Thorgrin s child, amidst powerful omens. With a son born to them, Gwendolyn and Thorgrin's lives are changed forever, as is the destiny of the Ring. Thor has no choice to but to embark to find his mother, to leave his wife and child and venture away from his homeland on a perilous quest that will have the very future of ...more
Kindle Edition
Published December 2013 (first published 2013)

Start your review of A Sea of Shields (The Sorcerer's Ring, #10)
Scott
Dec 05, 2013 rated it it was ok
Well, I can honestly tell you I am finished with this series. It just never ends. Yes there were some characters dying off. But nothing ever ends in the story.

Thor is off again to find his mother, the Ring is in jeopardy and Romulous is still out here but now he is the master of the dragons.

Yes the writing has improved. but everyone is so in love and they are so heartbroken. I mean how many times can we hear that the characters really love each other. Or how they believe in honor.

I guess the
Stateless
Sep 15, 2014 rated it it was ok
Scott's Jan 2014 review - spot on. This series is very readable and I remain curious to see what happens - but it is ridiculously never-ending and breathless. Rice had to create a large family at the beginning so as to be able to put them all into story lengthening plots. Characters are too often over the top - the evil Romulus at the end is about to have Gwendolyn's twisted sister Luanda help him enter the Ring.

Will he have his wicked way with her?
Will Romulus turnout to be gay and perhaps
Heidi
Ugh!! I both love and hate this series of books...mostly, I hate the writing but the storyline is so good I keep reading. These books read like they've been written by a 10 year old...TONS of redundancy and sometimes it feels like words are being written only to fill the pages....but the PLOT....ohhhhhh the plot...I seriously think about quitting every time I pick up one of these books and read how, once again, the character is miraculously saved for the BILLIONTH time as he prepares for his ...more
Beverly
Jan 05, 2014 rated it did not like it
I read these series of books simply because I wanted to know the ending! But will never end and I will never know . Sold for a far younger audience than I, written by a 10 year old I would say, very poor writing even for a young audience. Curious fools like I would buy! Only got 11 "chapters" because not a complete novel, it would take a min if three books to get to the point! Agony! Because I have better taste than this.....Just call me curious!
Tricia
Dec 15, 2014 rated it did not like it
I cannot understand why I am still reading these books. (ok, I am totally skimming them) the editing is horrific, there are times when the wrong damn name is used for Pete's sake! I was seriously hoping that as the story grew the writing would as well but sometimes I wonder if it is not actually getting worse....
One caveat, is that these people are finally making mistakes and life is falling into place for everyone with such ease as was becoming the trend...
Rodney
Jan 24, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Predictable. Rice continues to rip off other stories...add Robin Hood to the list. Characters continue to make stupid decisions that have no logical foundation. There are way too many subplots for such short books. Why do I keep torturing myself with these wastes of words?
Colin White
Dec 26, 2013 rated it it was ok
Oh boy thank god that is over... Worst book of the series
Darin
Mar 07, 2014 rated it liked it
Great story line, only negative is the editing. Typos are not as forgivable as they used to be, spell check is just to prevalent, and editors should have caught them before it hit presses as well.
Kimber
Nov 03, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: kindle, fantasy
This is the tenth of eleven books so far. At this point I'm just ready for this series to come to an end. I was ready for the end around Book 6 but it just keeps going and going. I should quit. I shouldn't read anymore but I figured I would stick it out and find out what happens to everyone in the end. The Problem is I don't think there is going to be an ending any time soon. If the main characters pass away there is now a new, extremely powerful son of the two mains to take this series up to 20 ...more
Carolyn
May 12, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2014
(view spoiler)

Now, near the end of
Salvatore
Sep 21, 2017 rated it liked it
Quite repetitive and seems we are on the same cycle as before. The last few books felt like a "gap filler" to me to pad the time between the two major conflicts (one that was and one that is coming).

For a few times in this book, I seriously contemplated skipping towards the last few chapters and getting it over with, but I persevered through it.

I dont know what attracts me to keep reading these books, but there must be something :)
Julie Powell
Apr 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have the bundle, 10, 11, 12 but wanted to post a short review on #10. Despite the errors and repetition, the story is fast-paced and engaging. There are multiple characters and it is good to see the story switch from one to another so to have a more detailed view of what's happening as a whole...this also gives further insight into each character's mind.

Overall, an action-packed fantasy adventure.

Recommended.
Tammy
Aug 29, 2018 rated it it was ok
This was my least favourite book of the series. The writing is getting very repetitive and I find myself not wanting to read through another invasion of the ring. I am interested in Thor learning more about his mother and of Eric and Alistair. Some good stories yet to go but Romulus and Luanda are tiring. Like others I want an ending but it's getting to be a long slog. I need at least a good break before reading the next book in the series.
tracey welch
Oct 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very enjoyable

I enjoyed dreaded this book and following the continuing adventure of our characters. It's fun to watch them grow as mature from the first book. As always, this series continues to delight. Looking forward to more.
Caroline
Sep 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
I have just finished Book 10 in this series, and I am finally impressed and intrigued. I am now glad I suffered through books 1-10 which I found repetitive and uninteresting. Hopefully the rest of the series will get better and better.
Lissa
Jul 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This adventure continues. Am totally enjoying series.
KAREN RAY
Jul 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
on my gosh. now I have to read the next one to see what is going to happen to them all. they are all in peril.
Joe Goins
Aug 05, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely HORRIBLE. Poorly written. Childish with incredibly poor grammar. Intensely painful to read. A fifth grade book report is more enjoyable.
Greyscotty
Sep 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
My comments about this series don't change much. Trying to follow a badly edited plotline can prove extremely challenging. But I've come this far so I'm going to try to stick to it. Wish me luck!
Sonia Knippshild
Nov 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebooks
Great series. Needs better proofreading.
David Francis
Jul 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Everything we have worked so hard for is falling apart. Goodness this is getting stressful.
Michelle
Good book

You people should just read this novel yourselves and I really enjoyed reading this novel very much so. Shelley Ma
Kimberly Kavanagh
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love it
Myra Wray
Jul 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Once again I have found a good book in this story. I found it hard to put it down until the end.
Sandra
Sep 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoying the series so far. Plot turns & surprises. On to book #11 in the series.
Erth
Dec 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this book and had to get the other 16 in the series. Not a stand alone book, part of a series and should be read in sequential order...worth the read! I just could not put it down. Some days i read for 8 hours straight. What a great fantasy ride. So much is happening in these books but the author writes it so it is easy to follow, like several little stories happening in one book. The characters I found to visualize, like and or dislike quickly. Descriptions were intense and in depth ...more
Roberto Mattos
Sep 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
In this episode Morgan continues this superb story. It starts with Gwendolyn giving birth to a boy. And still trying to pacify the Ring, Gwendolyn send Reece to the Upper Isles and he meets his old passion from youth, his cousin. Tiro's sons use that fact to prepare a treachery. In the meantime Thor leaves in a quest to find and meet his mother, while Erec is summoned to the South Islands, as his father is dying and Alistar goes with him. Packed with action, this book will keep you entertained ...more
Jeremy Michael Gallen
Another Enjoyable Sorcerer's Ring Story

*spoilers from previous books*

The tenth installment of author Morgan Rice's Sorcerer's Ring series, which she begins like its predecessors with a Shakespeare quote, almost immediately picks up where it's prequel left off, with Gwendolyn giving birth in the middle of nowhere, separated from her beloved Thor, who seeks to rebuild the Legion. Present in the tenth entry is a love triangle among Reece, Stara, and Selese, with this relationship culminating in
Richie
Dec 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great addition to the story! I couldn't put it down and can't wait for the next book! If you haven't read any of these books yet I highly recommend you read A Quest of Heroes if you enjoy a good fantasy read and read all the books. I couldn't put them down and read the first eight books in under a week and then had to wait from then on. Pleas keep up the great work Morgan Rice! I love your work!
Linda
Jan 07, 2015 rated it it was ok
Took me quite a while to get through this installment of the series. I had almost decided to take a break from it and not go on to #11, the next one, when I was caught by the ending. Sounds like things are going to heat up for the people of the Ring, so I've already started it. I just wish the author's writing wasn't so repetitious. I don't need to be told the same things in various ways at various times in the book. It gets to be boring after a while. Also, a few of the characters keep changing ...more
« previous 1 3 next »

• Land of My Heart (Heirs of Montana, #1)
  • Marauder (Oregon Files, #15)
  • Pyramid of the gods (Nick Caine, #3)
  • Moon Hunt (Vampire Crimes Special Unit Book 1)
  • Treasure of the Deep (Nick Caine, #2)
  • Curse of the Druids (Nick Caine #4)
  • Temple of the Jaguar (Nick Caine, #1)
  • Moon Crimes (Vampire for Hire Kindle Worlds Novella; Vampire Crimes Special Unit Book 3)
  • Moon Gone (Vampire Crimes Special Unit Book 2)
  • The Sean Wyatt Series: Books 7-9 Box Set
  • The Ghost Maker (The Gabriel Files Book 2)
  • Moon Castle (Vampire Crimes Special Unit Book 4)
  • Artful
  • The Goodbye Man
  • Treoir Dragon Chronicles of the Belador World: Book 3
  • The Witch and the Hangman (The Witches Series Book 5)
  • The Striker (Isaac Bell, #6)
  • Elevador 16 (As Crônicas dos Mortos #2.5)
Morgan Rice is the #1 bestselling and USA Today bestselling author of the epic fantasy series THE SORCERERS RING, comprising seventeen books; of the #1 bestselling series THE VAMPIRE JOURNALS, comprising twelve books; of the #1 bestselling series THE SURVIVAL TRILOGY, a post-apocalyptic thriller comprising three books; of the epic fantasy series KINGS AND SORCERERS, comprising six books; of the ...more

The Sorcerer's Ring (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • A Quest of Heroes (The Sorcerer's Ring, #1)
  • A March of Kings (The Sorcerer's Ring, #2)
  • A Fate of Dragons (The Sorcerer's Ring, #3)
  • A Cry of Honor (The Sorcerer's Ring, #4)
  • A Vow of Glory (The Sorcerer's Ring, #5)
  • A Charge of Valor (The Sorcerer's Ring, #6)
  • A Rite of Swords (The Sorcerer's Ring, #7)
  • A Grant of Arms (The Sorcerer's Ring, #8)
  • A Sky of Spells (The Sorcerer's Ring, #9)
  • A Reign of Steel (The Sorcerer's Ring, #11)

News & Interviews

“Somos tus hermanos cuando estás en la cima de la gloria", agregó Thor "y tus hermanos cuando estás en las profundidades del dolor. Eso es lo que significa ser un hermano. Un hermano es más que un amigo. La hermandad significa que cuando uno de nosotros está deprimido, todos lo estamos".” 0 likes
“Son un pueblo extraño, solitario. Terco y fortalecido — como el clima".” 0 likes