Start by marking “Heart Burn (The 1st Freak House Trilogy, #3)” as Want to Read:
Heart Burn (The 1st Freak House Trilogy, #3)

Heart Burn

(The 1st Freak House Trilogy #3)

Time is running out for Hannah. With her life hanging by a thread and Tate trying to kidnap her, she finds help in an unusual quarter - the man who put the narcoleptic memory block on her as a child. Yet the powerful hypnotist may not be all that he seems. It's difficult to trust a man who regularly hypnotizes his wife against her wishes, and who is much too interested in ...more
Published December 2013 by C.J. Archer

To ask other readers questions about Heart Burn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heart Burn

Alatea
Oct 13, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Somewhere in the middle I almost thought that it's going to be a 4* book. But it got worse in the ending and the very end? No no nononono.

There were some things that surprised my and Thomas' and Silvia's relationship was probably the best part of the book.
Ellana Thornton-Wheybrew
Oh that ending. And a happy LGBTQ+ relationship!
Nemo (The Moonlight Library)
4 1/2

Hannah’s running out of time: the fire within her is burning her up, and she’s only got one chance at finding a cure: August Langley, who’ll do anything to stop Hannah and Jack from being together – including letting her die.

Heart Burn is the final book in the First Freak House trilogy, and we see a return of beloved characters such as Sylvia, Samuel and Tommy, as well as Langley and Bollard, as the mystery surrounding Hannah’s illness is revealed. There is plenty of betrayals, revelations,
Hailey Staszkow
Dec 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is a great book, and series, for young adults and people in search vocabulary. The plot draws the reader in and several unexpected surprises happen all throughout it. There is a fine line between evil and good throughout the story, and it's hard to tell who has done what to who. Sides are taken several times throughout the novel, along with newly uncovered secrets about supernatural abilities, and who, or what, they came from. This is an amazingly written, and perfectly balanced, story abou ...more
Lauren
Apr 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Hannah doesn't have a great deal of time left and August might not be able to help her in time.

I greatly enjoyed the ending and how everything turned out. I was so happy for the characters and the secrets revealed were pretty interesting.
Linda Collings
Jan 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015
Awesome end to an awesome story !!Gave it a well deserved 5 stars.
Jennyanne ORIENTE
Worth reading

I read all three of the Freak House trilogy books and enjoyed them all. They kept me guessing and most times I was wrong which I don't kind because then you know it's a thriller and not obvious as to you being able to predict everything that will happen.
Completely Melanie
Oct 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
I love Love LOVED this book! It tied everything up in a nice pretty sweet little bow and delivered me exactly what I wanted. In the end, even the female narrating the male parts in bad male voices didn't even bother me.
Sarah Battease
Mar 13, 2019 rated it liked it
I like all of C. J. Archer's books that I've read. They are entertaining, quick reads. No, the characters (women especially) do not act like typical Victorians. However, magic wasn't really around then either, so I think a little artistic license should be allowed.
Veronica A Pitts
Jul 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice Work

Okay I finished the trilogy. I liked each one they kept me entertained through out the story of how the stories ended in the last book. C.J. Archer is a great writer as far as I concerned. Thank You Ms Archer
C.J. Milbrandt
A solid finish to an enjoyable trilogy. I would not hesitate to pick up more of this author's YA titles. (Especially knowing which young gentleman will be featured in the 2nd Freak House trilogy.)
P.S. Watson
Jan 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: magic, mystery
Had me right up til the end. Great trilogy!
Noemie
Jan 28, 2015 rated it liked it
This book nicely wrapped the trilogy. I did think the beginning was a little boring but as the book progressed, I started to enjoy it a lot. I love how easy this trilogy is to read. Hannah was a lot more likable in this one, which was very nice. I was surprised when I found out who Jack's dad was; I thought it was someone else the entire time. I was right about his mother though. I would have liked to see more of Tommy and Sylvia's relationship. It was quite intriguing and mysterious and I defin ...more
Jennifer percy
Feb 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Short series of stories

It was good but would of been better condensed in a longer book. Enjoyed the character writing. Would recommend the story.
Julie Powell
Jan 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
An enjoyable end to the first trilogy, where Hannah's health worsens and time is running out.

I don't usually read romances, but this series offers more and I do like the supernatural elements.

Some great characters and revelations, together with suspense, make this a worthwhile read.

Recommended.
Regina
Dec 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
So sad to reach the end of this book because I loved the trilogy so much! I can't wait to read the next trilogy in the Freak House series.
You can check out my official review, and cast photos here:
Lisa
May 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Lynn
May 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
loved this series, and so looking forward to reading more by this authorized this series, looking forward to reading more by this authour
Alexis
Nov 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
i loved this book it made me so happy at the end wish it ended with them getting married.
Linda Burns
Jan 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Third book in 1st Freak House Trilogy. Great trilogy. Not to be missed.
Nicole
Dec 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-books
Enjoyed as much as the first two!
Valerie Worster
Feb 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
All questions are answered and all loose ends are wrapped up. I love a happy ending and Archer delivered. Nice clean trilogy.
Terri
Feb 18, 2015 rated it liked it
Despite it's unfortunate title this was my favourite of the series. Answered some nagging questions. Characters are still a little superficial, but overall I enjoyed it.
Chiara
Jun 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Captivating, as the first two books were. Lots of secrets and answers. Not enough kissing.
Sintia Hernandez
Oct 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved the ending!! I couldn't get enough of the characters!
Jessica
Mar 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Totally binge read this series in a week! So good! Can't wait to read more of CJ Archer's work.
Sarena Perrone
Sep 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Great ending to this series!! Love that hack finally gets his happy ending now I have to read the other stories to see what happens to the rest of the inhabitants of freak house.
Laura Heslin
Jan 19, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice ending

I was very wrapped up in Hannah and Jack up till the end. I was a little let down by the ending
Lisa P
Dec 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was my favorite book in the 1st Freak House series. There were some unexpected twists and plenty of action. Looking forward to continuing this series and follow the other characters.
Rachel
Apr 04, 2014 rated it liked it
This was a pretty good end to the series.
  • Wishing Stars: Space Opera Fairytales
  • If I Fall (Circle and Cross, #1)
  • The Silver Key (A Dance of Dragons #1.5)
  • Ice Demon (The Dark Victorian Penny Dreads, #1)
  • Gwen Reaper
  • Bartleby and James
  • The Haunting at Blackwood Hall
  • Corroded (The St. Croix Chronicles, #3)
  • Absolution (Edgewood, #3)
  • The Possession of Cassie Quinn
  • Visible (Ripple, #4)
  • War of the Networks (The Network Series, #4)
  • The Light Within (Master of Crows, #1.3)
  • The Floating Lady Murder
  • Treasure & Treason (Raine Benares, #8)
  • Finding Monsters (Guardians of Esurack, #1)
  • Moseh's Staff (Artifact Hunters #4)
  • Nine by Night
C.J. Archer has loved history and books for as long as she can remember and feels fortunate that she found a way to combine the two. She spent her early childhood in the dramatic beauty of outback Queensland, Australia, but now lives in suburban Melbourne with her husband, two children and a mischievous black & white cat named Coco.

While she has written historical romance in the past, she now

The 1st Freak House Trilogy (3 books)
  • The Wrong Girl (The 1st Freak House Trilogy #1)
  • Playing With Fire (The 1st Freak House Trilogy, #2)
“he” 0 likes