Start by marking “Remembering Us” as Want to Read:
Remembering Us

Remembering Us

My life was perfectly mapped out for me since before the day I was born. I followed it, begrudgingly, because it’s what was expected. And then one day, everything changed. I woke up. Different. Independent. Free from all the rules that had surrounded me. Only I have no idea how I got to where I am. I have no memory of graduating college. No memory of Adam, the boyfriend I ...more
Published January 12th 2014

To ask other readers questions about Remembering Us, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Remembering Us

Suzanne
I missed the boat on this one. It's highly rated here. But it's not for me. I thought it was quite bad. 'Ice in my veins' and 'I just want to feel' kind of writing. It was very bland. High school writing. I picked this up thinking it was the basis of the movie 'The Vow', but felt like it was some kind of knock off. It could be some kind of fan fiction. A woman loses her memory after some type of traumatic incident, and has a gorgeous boyfriend that wants her back. She can't remember him, but has ...more
Lady Vigilante (Feifei)
3.5 stars!

My quick 2-cent breakdown:

I liked the premise of the book. It's original, unique, and a very real reflection of what some couples go through today. I admire and respect the hell out of this author for writing about such a topic.

While Adam and Amy's story was deeply emotional and touching, I found myself getting....bored. I think the content was actually really light compared to other books with heroes/heroines trying to recover their memory so for me, I wasn't particularly invested in
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Denise
Jan 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars I don't really get how the cover art matches the book content....Anyway, I really enjoyed this book!! I loved the mystery surrounding the heroine's amnesia and who Adam was in her life. The author did a wonderful job of showing the conflict of both being attracted to Adam while also being skeptical of him. Very good!!
CeCe
I am not a fan of stories that involve amnesia, but I really liked this one. Told in one POV (loved that) and you never knew if Adam was a good guy or a bad guy.

The BFF was okay. She annoyed me sometimes.

The narrator also did a great job.

I listened to it on Amazon KU (Read and Listen for Free). I recommend!!
preppea
What an amazingly different approach to writing a love story! I fell in love through flashbacks while simultaneously experiencing all of the confusion and fear Amy felt as she battled her missing memories!

Amy comes out of a coma with amnesia and though the doctor anticipates her memories returning, there is no way to tell when or how they’ll return. She’s lost two years worth of memories and suddenly she’s on the outs with her parents and living with a man she doesn’t know. Her entire life is t
Jayme
I do not know why this book have so low ranking. Its great love story told from behind. I really love this and want more. Something new and completely different from all.
Sabrina
Shelves: angst-romance
I could not put this book down!!! I had chills at the end!!!!
Shirley Frances
5-stars

Wow! What a roller coaster of a story!

This was one of those stories that grabbed you from the beginning and it didn't let go even when the story had finished and you had closed the book. I was riveted and completely invested. Stacey Lynn did an amazing job in bringing together all the elements that encompass an awesome read for me. I'll try to break them down for you because if not I'll start rambling and never stop. ;-)

Great characters

These characters were not easy to get to know. They were co
Rose
Apr 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 SO easily could've been 5 stars!!!!

This book HOOOOOKED ME from page 1!

Amy wakes up from an accident not remembering the last 2 years ... including Adam, a boy who everyone says loves her deeply.

The love between Adam and Amy seemed very intense and it was... the flashback scenes showed the intensity, the jealousy and craziness that was their relationship.

Slowly she starts remembering.

It was insanely good ... but 2 things made it go from 5 stars to 3.5:

The situation with Britnee. (Spoile
Renee
Jan 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
A well-paced intriguing, unique love story that was filled with mystery and secrets, which are gradually revealed and had me guessing to the very end. Really enjoyed it.
Vikki Vaught
Aug 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My Musings

I enjoyed this story a lot. It has great characters and a fantastic plot. I will be looking for more books by this amazing author. Happy ☺reading 📚!
Victoria
Oct 18, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Not going to lie. When I read this, I thought that the big reveal at the end would be that this was an abusive relationship. And Lynn, I felt, would have really had that going there. This plot would have been a great and ground breaking metaphor for the countless survivors of DV who were made (and continue to be made) to feel that they are losing their minds.

...But let's romanticize abuse instead. Because it's not like anyone has ever done that before.

(view spoiler)
Crystal Marie
Jan 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
I absolutely love amnesia books and this one did not disappoint. We meet Amy who has lost her memory of the past two years. After her accident, which she doesn't remember, she moves back in with Adam her boyfriend. While everyone tells her she was happy with him and in love, she doesn't remember and he feels like a stranger to her. It doesn't help that when she sleeps at night, some memories, usually unpleasant ones, return to her in her dreams.
"It's been weeks since I woke up from my coma, and
Anna
Oct 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Amy wakes up from a coma after an accident with no memory of the past 2 years. She has no memory of the person sitting next to her who is the boyfriend that everyone claims she loves and who loves her. Amy comes to realize that a lot has changed in the past 2 years and she is struggling to figure out what she went through to be the very different person she seems to be now. Her memory is coming back in small pieces and her initial memories of Adam are not helping her to feel safe in her relation ...more
Natalie
Jan 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: beta, owned
Remembering Us was a very different love story between 2 very different people. Amy grew up privileged. Adam wasn't so lucky. Adam was a player, Amy was a good girl. Amy was tutoring Adam and worked his magic finally getting her to go on a date with him. He was all wrong for her. She was insecure and jealous for good reason...his past. She was the one girl that could tame him, he had eyes only for her. They fell in love, Amy didn't want to grow up following the plans her parents set for her and ...more
Lynsey Sabin
Jan 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
TISSUES!!!!!!!! and plenty of them. I have sobbed at this book, its pulled at my heartstrings so much I dont think they will ever go back to normal. I loved this story, its heartrending tough and absolutely fantastic. Adam is sweet and tender, short tempered and moody Amy is a bit of a pain but thats understood when you read it. You may feel like you have a lot of unanswerd questions but dont fret they do get answered eventually, but that just makes this book even better because you have to keep ...more
Aussie Jo
Jan 23, 2014 rated it liked it
Good concept. Writing style was quite established but the story did not hold enough. I stopped reading just after halfway as there was not enough to the story. The lack of depth and repetitive conversations and sometimes weak behaviour just could not hold me to it.
Recommend: no
Would Consider more from this author if her story telling was more advanced.
A. Walters
Jan 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Beautifully written story of rediscovering love. One of my favorite reads of 2014!
Christa
Amy has lost her memory from a hiking accident. She can’t remember the last two years of her life. She has distanced herself from her family and is living with her boyfriend Adam, who she barely remembers as a college acquaintance.

Her memories come back slowly in flashbacks and dreams. Adam was very popular with the ladies, and it’s hard for Amy to reconcile her memories and impressions with Adam who she lives with now.

It’s a little cliche, but I love memory loss stories. It’s well written and
NyxShadow
Très différents des autres romans. Plus mystérieux, plus sombre et sérieux aussi.
On s'interroge. Je me suis demandée si l'auteur allait basculer du côté de l'enquête, mais non. On a plutôt l'itinéraire d'une reconstruction.
Je pense que c'est tout à fait le genre de roman qui gagnerait à avoir une version "de l'autre point de vue" :)
Three Chicks
Jan 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
4 star review by Jen Skewes

Amy has been in an accident that has left her with no memory of the last 2 years. She can remember everything before. And the person that she remembers is nothing like the person that she is today. The little things like the clothes that are in her closet, the apartment that she lives in to place that she works are all indications of the person that she has become and she finds that in the last two years she has certainly changed. But what she cannot figure out is why
Danielle from Short and Sassy

Remembering Us is an emotional journey through Amy and Adam's life together. Amy was in a tragic accident that has caused her to loose her memory. Not her entire memory, just the time she has with her boyfriend Adam. Amy can remember life before Adam. She remembers her family and friends.

Adam's love does not give up on Amy at all. He is there throughout everything. He is working his hardest with Amy to get her to remember. He has been there to help her recuperate when she is released from the h
Becky ♡The Bookworm♡
***Received ARC in return for an honest review.***

This was a quick contemporary romance that was very engaging and delivered a realistic ending. There was quite a bit of angst in the story, not unexpected given the circumstances. The heroine, Amy, is recovering from a near fatal accident and cannot remember the last two years of her life. Estranged from her wealthy parents and a recent college graduate, she's living with Adam, the sexy, dark-haired man she's "told" she's "madly in love with," bu
Helen Stothard
Jan 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Spookily the book I finished before this one was about a woman who lost her memory after a car crash and couldn't remember her fiancé. This was a little bit of déjà Vu.

It's a beautiful story, although I cannot imagine how hard it is for Amy trying to share a home with a guy who she doesn't know. There are issues with her parents, which means she really has nowhere else to go.

I don't think for one moment I doubted how much Adam loved Amy, or how much it hurt him that she didn't remember their lif
Kim Person
Jan 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
After coming off a serious book hangover which surprisingly dealt with memory loss (but not similar story line) I was afraid my feelings would be tainted but thankfully Stacey did what she always has and delivered an emotional heart wrenching, fist clinching, tears falling and beautiful smiles phenomenal read.

I felt like I was Amy. That I was the one living with the struggles of memory loss. I loved that the secondary characters feelings were brought in to play and how this affected them also. I
Felicia
Shelves: favorites
Oh. My. Goodness. Amazing!

This book captivated me from the beginning. Beautifully written story about memory loss. Although she has no recollection of it, Amy was in a hiking accident, that left her with amnesia after a being in a coma. The last two years of her life have been erased, & most importantly her relationship with her boyfriend Adam.
I appreciated how the Amy's dreams were incorporated into the story helping us unravel the mystery of Amy's life before her accident. Amy was a very r
Jo - *✽*•.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•*✽*
This is such a sweet, yet heartbreaking story about second chance love.

Amy has woken up from a coma, after a near death accident, to realise that she has no knowledge of the past two years. She remembers her family and her best friend Kelsie but has no recollection of meeting the stranger she lives with. Her boyfriend Adam.

"It's been weeks since I woke up from my coma, and I don't remember anything more than the fact that I live with a stranger and I don't like him when I dream" - Amy

Adam is so
Aparajita Mukherjee
Jan 23, 2014 rated it it was ok
Amy, suffering from partial amnesia, wakes up from her coma to find herself living with a man, Adam, she neither remembers nor trusts. On top of that, she always finds Adam with other women in her dreams which are actually glimpses of her forgotten life. It is difficult for her to understand what made her fall in love with such a man for whom she left her parents, turned down her father's job offer and started living with him.
But her body remembers him and now it is up to Adam to help her get he
Kassi
Jan 20, 2014 rated it liked it
Rating: 3.5 - 4.0 stars

I got to admit....I did very much enjoyed this book because it hooked me from the very beginning and wrapped me tightly around its fingers. It started out great. Awesome. And I had a hard time putting the book down. Like really...a book about a girl who lost her memory, couldn't remember her boyfriend of 2 yrs, and he's trying his best to make her remember their love. What's not to like?! had no stinking clue wtf is going on and whether or not Adam is the bad guy. But then
  • Scarred Love (Sulfur Heights, #1)
  • Birthday Wishes (The List, #1)
  • Draw Me In
  • Shelter You
  • Finding Joy (Joy, #2)
  • Cake
  • Hostage
  • The One Left Behind (The One, #1)
  • Deception
  • Secrets (The Outsider Series, #4)
  • My Life for Yours
  • Whore
  • Summer Madness
  • Blame It On Paradise
  • The Truth About Us (Mills Lake, #1)
  • In Safe Arms (Grace & Poole, #2)
  • A Woman Gone Mad (A Woman Gone Mad, #1)
  • Lifeless (Lifeless, #1)
Stacey Lynn is the author of more than two dozen romance and erotic romance novels. Most of which have been best sellers on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iBooks!

Amazon: http://amzn.to/2GhozSE
Facebook: http://bit.ly/2C1XYLe
Twitter: http://bit.ly/2EwGQPg
Instagram: http://bit.ly/2o2KUg4

Visit my Facebook Group where we talk about books and everything else that comes into our minds
“I’ve seen our story. I’ve lived it, and I know how it ends.” 5 likes
“He turns to face me and one side of his lips turn up. “I know that sounds cheesy. But that’s how it’s always been whenever I’m around you. You just … erase the darkness in me.” 2 likes