Start by marking “An Erie Halloween” as Want to Read:
An Erie Halloween

An Erie Halloween

(Lake Erie Shifters #1)

Templeton Reed has been hiding his inner polecat since he was a child. Keeping his animal secreted is hard for a shifter, especially when one is living in a secret community of mystical beings. It`s the wolf shifters that cause Templeton the most trouble with their darned sensitive noses.

Templeton has a run-in with the Lake Erie pack and their alpha, Mikel Lupe
Published October 30th 2013 by Torquere Press (first published October 29th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about An Erie Halloween, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about An Erie Halloween

Mandy*reads obsessively*
Nov 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Mandy*reads obsessively* by: Lucy
I don't quite know why I felt he need to read a Halloween story right before Christmas but I did.
Templeton is a shifter and such an 'uncool' one in the shifter realm. But he's funny and brave and a real scrapper. His humor and way of thinking and acting made this story that actually has a pretty good moral to it still feel really light and entertaining.
Mikel is a bad ass wolf alpha.
Talk about worlds colliding.
I loved that this book deals with some heavy and realistic issues in th
Didi
I like the idea of Lupei Manor as LGBT Center for magical beings in Lake Erie. That alone won some points for this story.

Also, odoriferous skunk Templeton might be, but he's so adorably smart when critical moments called for it.

Overall this is an entertaining read for me, with various shifters mentioned - although lycans still held majority spotlight being on both good and evil sides.

The other thing I like here: the equal opportunity partnership. Bigger didn't
Christy
'An Erie Halloween' is a super fun short story with some serious laughs, an interesting world concept, a sarcastic and snarky skunk, and hot, dominant lycan men. Templeton works for the Office of Transmogrification Registration and researches bloodlines for the supernatural, mainly shifters. Templeton is a polecat, a skunk shifter, and he hides who he is from all the other shifters and supernatural creatures that exist in his world. He can't hide it from the lycans, though, as their sense of sme ...more
Serena Yates
Nov 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: gay, shifters, holiday
Prejudice, or so this book assumes, is not just limited to the human world. Supernatural beings are just as bad, and the consequences of their bigotry and arrogance are much worse, since they are less "humane" in their laws and their punishments are far harsher. The existence of the Office for Transmogrification Registration (OTTER) and various elders for different shifter species for the backbone of what legal structure there is, and this story is about one of the employees there who has his qu ...more
Lucy
Nov 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
Reviewed for Hearts On Fire Reviews

I have to admit I nearly didn’t read this book. I got it before Halloween and then for some reason I kept skipping over it. After Halloween I thought, ugh, Christmas stuff is coming out, I want to read that. So this poor story sat there for a bit. Finally, finally I started it and was kicking myself that I waited because this is written from the point of view of Templeton, the hard working polecat, and this is one funny skunk.

Templeton works for OTTER, track
Cynthia
Nov 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
To read my full review, please visit http://onsilverwingz.blogspot.com/201...

I love that there is a hierarchy among shifters and they can be discriminated by species, gender, and sexual orientation. I think this story is more contemporary in terms of the issues the characters are dealing with and how their society is changing. Women are trying to gain positions of power and shifters are fighting for gay rights. The story has a strong underlying message with its romance package.

There's no mate bond with the shifter
Cathy Brockman
Templeton is a skunk shifter and works at Office for Transmogrification Registration (OTTER) as a desk jockey, checking registration papers. Mikel and the Erie pack work there as trackers. After an attempt on Templeton’s life, Mikel seems to appoint himself as Templeton’s protector.
This is a very fun, humorous and hot story with a bit of mystery and intrigue thrown in for good measure. I loved the playful banter between Templeton and the other characters. I laughed my butt of at the funny inte
Riayl
Mar 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm, romance, shifters
I liked that Templeton was both adorable, and on occasion, odiferous. No insta-smell good just because he is a shifter-skunk. :) And Mikel loves him despite the occasional fear-induced stinkies.

(So yes, there you have it, four stars because the skunk actually smelled bad! *twinkle*)
Delta
Dec 12, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: z2016
There were several interesting points in this story, including addressing the stigma of being gay as well as a shifter. The plot was okay, but not fantastic. I'm actually more interested in the world-building than the characters or their plight.
Lillian Francis
Dec 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
♥️Victoria ♥️ ♥️love books♥️
Overall book rating: 3 stars
Audio book: N/A
Book Cover 3 Stars

This was something different than the normal shifter books. A skunk and a Brindle wolf... Interesting!!
Elle
Oct 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was, in part, a fun take on the usual shifter stories, it certainly made me smile a lot, and I adored the character of the totally eccentric Templeton Reed. He really made the book for me.

I liked the whole skunk shifter element, it's not something I've come across before. Ms Locey doesn't try and romanticise Templeton 's 'skunkiness', he often stunk , and everyone was aware of it! He and his beau, Mikel, a scary alpha wolf shifter, are so different, but so right for one another.
Stephanie   GooglyEyes
3.5*

This was a pretty fast read, not just in length but the flow of it. Also, the relationship went from fear to love in like 60 seconds. I think it wouldn't have been so bad for me, but i read something similar right before it (that wasn't done right) so it irked me a little. Regardless, i liked the message it gave between Mikel and Templeton. "Never judge a book by it's cover."
Just because Templeton is smaller, doesn't mean he's weaker and just because Mikel is a huge wolf shifter
Lulu
fun read of a skunk and wolf shifters.
Dena
Oct 14, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5* audio
Mtsnow13
Oct 30, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The story - Okay, so to start with, I was VERY skeptical about the idea of a timid little bookish skunk shifter in ANY WAY getting into a hot and heavy situation with a wolf-shifter, especially as they are known for their heightened sense of smell. *HA* But the humor in this story was so tongue-in-cheek and a different take on shifters, that I just let myself roll with it. And it WAS fun, even if it was very much outside the realm of believability with the madcap scenarios our character 'Templet ...more
Mtsnow13
Oct 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
SiKReviews
Oct 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
If you want a read fit for Halloween, then this is the one for you. Not only does it take place during the holiday, it is about shifters. I have always heard the phrase "You ole polecat" but I never knew what a polecat was. Well, now I do.

This story is kinda cooky, but not in a bad way. Did I mention the hot shifters? Templeton is someone you never thought could be a threat, but he is underdog you fall in love with. Mikel is the epitome of an Alpha you think of . He is big, hot, and not afraid
blub
First skunk shifter story for me. Templeton was an interesting character and his take on being a skunk was a bit funny and cute. The story was good although there were a few parts that seem were a bit slow. I didn't really know what to expect of Mikel, since the readers perspective is a bit skewed because of Templeton and his issues with the wolf pack.
Troy Martin
Oct 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this short story. Not quite what I was expecting, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. Humour, lust, and gay love.
Enid
Interesting choice of shifters. :)
Rachel
Feb 06, 2014
Susan A
Sep 27, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
V.L. Locey loves worn jeans, Dr. Who, Torchwood, belly laughs, yoga, reading and writing lusty tales, walking, Greek mythology, the New York Rangers, comic books, and coffee. (Not necessarily in that order.)

She shares her life with her husband, her daughter, one dog, two cats, and a flock of assorted domestic fowl.

When not writing lusty tales, she can be found enjoying her day with he

Lake Erie Shifters (3 books)
  • An Erie Operetta