Start by marking “Dead of Winter (The Arcana Chronicles, #3)” as Want to Read:
Dead of Winter (The Arcana Chronicles, #3)

Dead of Winter (The Arcana Chronicles #3)

4.34  ·  Rating details ·  12,986 Ratings  ·  1,669 Reviews
Can Evie convince her rival loves to work together? Their survival depends on it in this third book of #1 New York Times bestselling author Kresley Cole’s Arcana Chronicles, a nonstop action tale of rescue, redemption, and a revenge most wicked.

Heartbreaking decisions
Evie was almost seduced by the life of comfort that Death offered her—until Jack was threatened by two of
Published January 6th 2015 by Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Dead of Winter, please sign up.
Jacque
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Serena (The Book Comedian)
Nov 04, 2013 marked it as to-read
Shelves: reviews
Is it horrible that I want Evie to choose Death?

and if it doesn't work out then she can die via pleasure right??

YOLO

------------------------------------------------------------------

*follow for more reviews :)
Heather Dorff
Nov 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
RantEVIEW:

Ok. Alrighty. Well. There was the 3rd book! And not much fing happened! Right? I mean really. A whole year waited to be basically at the same place we ended last time. We learned a *bit* more about Aric... and saw all of Jack's potential finally shine through (He's an *cough* Arcana, *cough* otherwise he'd be so dead by now with his stunts) which is nice.. little about Evie or her powers and even less about the other Arcana and the games beyond how they came about initially which could
Catherine
Wanna know what my Arcana call is Evie?

'MONOGAMY IS SOOOOO OVERRATED!!!'

I mean, who gives a flying fuck about 'Teams'??? Just have both...it's no less than what you deserve. Remember, you're a freaking EMPRESS for Christ's sake!

But, make sure you get them to wrestle in loincloths and oil first.

Just so they can at least attempt to prove their love.

As a side note, I suspect Kresley Cole must have, like, the best sex life ever. That woman sure knows what she's writing about.
Kassidy
These books are just so great!!
I really love all of the characters, and Evie is a great main character. The plot in this book is so crazy, especially the ending! It left me speechless and I don't know how I'm going to wait for the next book. I was literally on edge for the whole book. There is some freaky and messed up stuff in this story, but it was such an entertaining read.
My heart was really torn in 2 throughout the whole thing, but I had a feeling who Evie would pick. However, the very end
Nov 05, 2013 marked it as to-read
Evie had better choose Death. Or I will slaughter her. And Jackson. I can really only think of a couple good reasons for her to choose Jack, but I can't stop thinking of excellent reasons for her to choose Aric, aka her husband!!! I eagerly await the release of this book, so I can finally put my anxiety to rest. >.<
Anne
Shit. It's not over?!

description

Ugh. Don't you just hate that? Here I was, hoping that there would be some sort of conclusion, and it turns out there's not one but two MORE books...at least!
And after the second book, I was pretty over the romance, so all I was hanging in for was to find out how all this stuff with the Arcana turns out. I mean, Cole has really come up with an interesting world here!
And I wanna know what happens so badly!

description

So if it's so awesome, why the low rating?
Several reasons.
First, nothin
Dorreh
Oct 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Ferdy
Spoilers

Ugh, this was meant to be a bloody trilogy but apparently there's more of the fuckers. On top of that this ended on a cheap fucker of a cliffhanger, I'm so sick of all the rubbish cliffhangers and series that never end in YA.

-Most of the book consisted of Evie umming and ahhing about who she should be with - rapey murderous Death or rapey hypocritical Jack? Oh, whoever will she choose?! The entire world was fucked up, filled with sickos and psychos, and everyone's lives were in danger,
Stormy
Nov 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I wish this series didn't make me so crazy. There's the never ending cloud of mystery that just chokes you and befuddles your brain, the deliriously sexy sweet charms of both guys that makes you swoon beyond all reason, and the always present possibility of death that stops your heart until the current threat passes. But there's always an undercurrent, always the danger watching and preying. And it drives you mad.
I'm surprised I haven't cracked and started spouting Matthew's lines of crazed cra
Roline
Dec 14, 2013 marked it as to-read
crying
It really isn't fair when Kresley Cole created two representations of guys that I like. Now I can't choose who I ship with Evie. Is it just me?
I guess I'm just gonna go with Kresley's decision... I think.
But seriously.... 2014? And it's bare! No cover or title yet. I don't think I can handle the feels.

I cry because I can't even....
Death... or Jack?
ARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH! STHAP. 2014 PLS.

2014
Okay, it has been updated. Well, at least the title was.

MAY 2014
OKAY! I just saw the c
Rach
Jan 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Even if Death has his moments, I will always be team Jack!! You can't erase the last two books that have shown Evie and Jack's love.

The book was so good, but the ending leaves me wanting to cry because I have to wait another year for the next book to come out :((. Kresley, don't do this to me!!
Natalia
Like a moth drawn to flame, of course I'm going to read this book. Dreading it too. I don't know how the author is going to resolve this vicious love triangle.
I still want Evie and Jackson together.
Emilly The Book Scamp
Apr 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone who doesn't mind a love triangle
Recommended to Emilly by: my spirit animal

Okay.

So.

Apparently, I no longer possess a soul. How?, you may ask. Well.

I sold my soul to the devil so that Aric got with Evie. That's right. I am willing to go those lengths so that Aric ends up with his soulmate.

Latvian god? Sure, with a side of steamy sex on the side, yes please. Oh, would I like to supersize it? Of fucking course.

Goodbye world. Goodbye mother, father, sibling. I no longer exist on this plane any longer.

I have sold my soul to Death.

*drops mic*

Sorry, but am I the only perso
Carmel (Rabid Reads)
Reviewed by: Rabid Reads.

This audiobook was #4 on my most anticipated reads of 2015 list, so it’s with a heavy heart that I give it 3-stars. The dystopian universe created by Kresley Cole in THE ARCANA CHRONICLES that I’ve come to adore was dwarfed by this series’ love triangle, and the plot whittled down to Evie’s boy toy choice. Now, perhaps I’m slightly bitter because she didn’t go with the team that I was rooting for, but in the end that really didn’t seem to matter because the author threw
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4.5 ★'s

At the end of Endless Knight, Evie was being "kept" by Aric, aka Death. She thought Jack didn't want her and she was acclimating to her new life. But then she heard that Jack was taken and she had to figure out a way to escape from Aric...and rescue Jack!

I don't know what it is about this series but I just can't get enough! And it kills me that I have to wait a year for the next book(s).

I think it's...Jackson. There's just something about that sexy Cajun. And I love him and Evie togeth
Daphne
IF YOU HAVE NOT READ THIS BOOK, PLEASE STEER CLEAR OF THE COMMENTS! THERE ARE MULTIPLE THEORIES THAT MIGHT SPOIL YOU TO SOME DEGREE! If you have read the book, feel free to ponder with us. :P

Update: 1/11/15:
I can't even......
I went in this book knowing there was going to be a cliffhanger...as is Kresley's style. Yet despite this, the cliffhanger wasn't even in the usual magnitude of cliffhangers. This was the mother of all cliffhangers. I NEED TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS. I finished the book 10 minutes
Lucille
Apr 21, 2014 marked it as to-read
Awww, is that the cover? Really? Frankly, I'm very disappointed right now. I want more Death in the cover. Or maybe Evie and Death and no Jack.

I NEED THIS BOOK RIGHT NOW. I NEED TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO DEATH AND EVIE and to be honest I don't give two shits about Jack.

I JUST WANT MORE ARIC. IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK?
Amanda
Wilka
Dec 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Honestly, I want Evie with Jack but I think that she loves Death a little but more than what she loves Jack. I can't wait for the fourth book now. I hope that there is only the fourth book to it and that's it, I already want to know how the series ends.
Alyssa

Rating: 2 stars
Source: Pre-ordered copy

Summary (from Goodreads):

Alaina Meserole
Dead of Winter is just one of those books that kind of mind fucks you and leaves you numb. So many things in this book frustrated me. It could've been me being at work too but I can't blame work for everything - I guess?

I love getting to know more about the Arcana cards and their powers. However, some things just creeped me out. Like the whole twin thing.. but they weren't really twins.. yeah, it made me cringe. Crazy people will always make me cringe. Then there was the sort of love triangle ha
Christina
I have to say as much as I love Jacks...I'm team Aric/Death

There is no denying the earth sun and moon moving hugeness that is the love between Evie and Aric. Love like that can't be ignored, so I truly hope he gets his head on straight before he proceeds from where he left off at the end of book two. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned...that is all I'm saying. especially one with pioson thorns as nails.

I cannot wait to see where Kresley goes with this! the way is going to kill me though I
Jenna
Mar 05, 2014 marked it as to-read
Can't wait. Team Jack all the way!
Katrina
Feb 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Team Death. I love Jack and all but she needs to pick death.
Cookie
Jan 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
I'm finished with this book, and I am enraged.
Evie, honey, you had the opportunity to pick the love of your life from two men you deem worthy, yet I have to say I am sorry for your final decision. Don't know if I'll pick up the next book in the series.

(view spoiler)
Lynisha Smoot
Mar 13, 2014 marked it as to-read
I'm sure a lot of you guys like Jackson but I just cannot get on board with his shit! (view spoiler) I'm team Aric all day
Vilma Iris
Jun 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely awesome!!! I loved it! Review to come.
Diamond
Originally posted on my blog, Dee's Reads @ With some GIF action ;)

This is one of my favorite series. I don't usually read post-apocalyptic books too much (ok, ever) but I love this series so much. It's kind of a guilty pleasure, in a way. I love Kresley Cole so much and I like how the Tarot cards are incorporated along with Death…I mean I am completely shipping this ship people. I'm not going to write detailed review because I don't want to spoil like ANYTHING, if you read this book at all you
Kaley Rice
Jan 07, 2015 rated it did not like it
OMFG. I'm not sure I've ever been SO ticked off by the time I've finished a book. I've waited for this, for what, a year? The release was delayed from fall 2014 to winter 2015 as it is. I was under the impression this was supposed to be the final installment of a trilogy. Well, It Is Most Definitely NOT.

The book ended on a freakin' CLIFFHANGER. Seriously? Another one? And it wasn't like what happened before the cliffhanger was all that great. It felt like filler as Evie kept trying to decide bet
Mary
Nov 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I can not wait for this book! I want it right now!!!!! #teamAric
  • Chaos (Guards of the Shadowlands, #3)
  • The Queen of Zombie Hearts (White Rabbit Chronicles, #3)
  • The Wondrous and the Wicked (The Dispossessed, #3)
  • Horrorscape (Horrorscape, #2)
  • The Unseen 2 (The Unseen, #3-4)
  • Pushed (Sense Thieves, #2)
  • The Forever Song (Blood of Eden, #3)
  • The Betrayal Knows My Name, Volume 04
  • Sealed in Sin (The Vessel Trilogy)
  • Sweet Reckoning (Sweet, #3)
  • Stone Cold Touch (The Dark Elements, #2)
  • Descendant (Starling, #2)
  • The Last Guardian Rises (The Last Keeper's Daughter, #2)
  • Driven (Northern Waste, #1)
  • Millennium Snow, Vol. 4 (Millennium Snow, #4)
  • Revolution (Replica, #3)
  • The Perilous Sea (The Elemental Trilogy, #2)
  • Public Enemies (Immortal Game, #2)
Kresley Cole is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of the electrifying Immortals After Dark paranormal series, the young adult Arcana Chronicles series, the erotic Gamemakers series, and five award-winning historical romances.

A master’s grad and former athlete, she has traveled over much of the world and draws from those experiences to create her memorable characters and settings.
Her IAD bo
More about Kresley Cole

The Arcana Chronicles (6 books)
  • Poison Princess (The Arcana Chronicles, #1)
  • Endless Knight (The Arcana Chronicles, #2)
  • Arcana Rising (The Arcana Chronicles, #4)
  • The Dark Calling (The Arcana Chronicles, #5)
  • From the Grave (The Arcana Chronicles, #6)

Young Adult Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
  • The Lost Girls of Camp Forevermore
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Scat
  • Chomp
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
  • I See London, I See France
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Fifth of March: A Story of the Boston Massacre (Great Episodes)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Starfish
  • Olive's Ocean
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
  • Little Monsters
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
  • Train I Ride
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
  • The Mysterious Benedict Society
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Howl's Moving Castle (Howl's Moving Castle, #1)
  • Greyhound
  • Annie on My Mind
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
  • The Siren
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Dorothy Must Die (Dorothy Must Die #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
  • Into the Dim
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dumplin' (Dumplin', #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Curse (Blur Trilogy #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • Blur  (Blur Trilogy #1)
  • Vengeance Road
  • Ungifted
  • Julie of the Wolves
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Imitation (Clone Chronicles #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Old Yeller
    $6.99 $1.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Ticker
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“Mortal, if there’s one thing I’ve learned in all my years, it’s this: lies are curses you place on yourself.” 59 likes
“I take no actions that I wouldn’t publicly recount. If you can’t speak your deeds, then don’t do them.” 54 likes