Start by marking “The Spirit of Christmas” as Want to Read:
The Spirit of Christmas

The Spirit of Christmas

It's the most wonderful time of the year ... but not for everyone.

Celebrating the holidays isn't easy when your flight is canceled, or when you're working nights at the big box store, or when you're being haunted by the ghost of a deceased brother. These and other stories await five characters whose lives are about to change for the better when they discover The Spirit of
Published November 1st 2013 (first published October 30th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Spirit of Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Spirit of Christmas

Start your review of The Spirit of Christmas
Eric Buffington
Nov 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was reading this book on my kindle while my kids were listening to some Christmas music. What a great way to get into the Christmas Spirit!

When I first started reading this book, which I was given to review, I was expecting some fluffy feel-good stories all based around people learning to embrace Christmas. Instead I was pleasantly surprised to find some very well written short stories that address real challenges that people face around the holidays; teenagers, travel, death, and work. All pa
Lenore Kosinski
MUSIC & MISTLETOE: 3.5 stars - Took me a bit to get into this one, but I actually really enjoyed this different little love short story in the end. Gentry and Luke were pretty cute together.

A SIMPLE GIFT: 4 stars -- Definitely a cute story, LOVED the innocent little flirting between Grace and Miguel.

BROTHER CHRISTMAS: 2.5 stars -- Had a harder time getting into this one.... The story was ok, but I had a harder time understanding Chase's reactions...or rather overreactions.

THE BEST GIFT EVER: 2 s
Amy Elit
Nov 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
I think this book is an amazing collection. I am really impressed with a newer writer Jessica Salyer. Her story was relevant and stayed interested the whole story and had a twist at the end I had no idea was coming. I enjoyed all but especially hers! I highly recommend!
Nisa
Nov 20, 2013 rated it it was ok
This was not my favorite collection of Christmas stories. There is a swearing warning. Swearing in Christmas stories? Is nothing sacred? Ah well. That's my soapbox. Music and Mistletoe was definitely worth the purchase alone. Brother Christmas was also very touching.
Tiffany Willams
Dec 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
I truly enjoyed each of these stories!

Each one had its own special tale to tell. Between first loves, first kisses, loosing loved ones, learning to live again, and finding your own Christmas, these stories were great!

I couldn't get enough! I wanted more of each one:) All of these authors did a great job. I did like that fact that they were all so different. Not only in the stories themselves, but in the emotions that they bring. I'll admit that a couple of them made me tear up a bit, because I u
Wendy
Nov 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Was a wonderful read. Fabulous stories!
Jan 02, 2015
Kelley Lynn
Jessica Gromacki
Jul 24, 2016
David King
Nov 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Mandy