Start by marking “Back to Reality (Back to Life #2)” as Want to Read:
Back to Reality (Back to Life #2)

Back to Reality

(Back to Life #2)

4.36  ·  Rating details ·  96 Ratings  ·  45 Reviews
When Sahara Lee’s past and present collided, a series of events occurred that changed her life forever, leaving her future up in the air.

As a college freshman, a tragic accident changed the course of Sahara’s life. Ten years later, just when she started putting her life back together, Sahara’s world was rocked again due to a similar accident.

Heartbroken and guilt ridden,
Published December 1st 2013 (first published November 22nd 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Back to Reality, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Back to Reality

Danielle Allen
Oct 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
My 5 star rating is only partially biased ;)

XOXO
Gwen ~the Book Diva
5 "I could not put it down" stars!

ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review!

After reading Back to Life, I knew this story would only get better. In Back to Reality, Sahara is faced with a lot of tough choices. She needs to decide to take back her life and live it the way she wants, not the way she feels she deserves. She also must decide who she wants to share that new life with.

Her new love, Ty, is sex-on-stick wrapped with confidence and drive. Her first love, Emmanuel, is pa
Julie
Nov 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Back to Reality by Danielle Allen was just released this week- December 2013. I received a copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Back to Reality is the follow up novel to Back to Life. This book picks up right where the first one left off.
It seems that Sahara can't catch a break. She was finally seeing light at the end of the tunnel when BAM! she gets blindsided. So, now Sahara is right back in the same hole she was before. Emmanuelle or Tyree?
After Sahara reacts
Heather Carver
Nov 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing

5 Stars

I really loved this book. It was a continuation to Back to Life. If you have not read that book yet, stop whatever you are doing and get on it! You don't want to miss out on this gut wrenching, tear your heart out series.

Sahara is trying to decide who she wants, Emanuel the guy she has loved all her life or Tyree, the guy who helped her start to live again. The only problem is when the going gets tough, she starts packing. She runs away from all her problems, thinking it will make them g
Lori Garside
Nov 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite-books
♥♥♥♥♥"Back To Reality" by Danielle Allen should be on everyone's TBR. Don't miss the spectacular conclusion to Sahara's traumatic journey!

In “Back To Reality” - the second book in the Back To Life series - Sahara continues to resolve her personal issues, begins to accept that she should only feel guilty for things she’s done that SHE could control, and attempts to get her personal and love life in order. She is still having trouble with her feelings for both Tyree and Emmanuel, and is learning t
Melissa Rolka
Nov 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is the 2nd book in the Back to Life series. You definitely want to read the first one before diving into this one. Book 2 picks up right away where things left off in the first. Answer are still not clear for Sahara and she retreats back to her old ways of running, but she presses herself to move forward. Therapy and Emily play a huge role in the book. Danielle's writing grew and her descriptions were flawless. Although, I personally feel that the constant brand descriptions could have been ...more
Jennifer Sons
Nov 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is another great job by Danielle Allen! I really liked the book! However, I did find that the back & forth between the 2 men has been seen many many times! It was a little redundant & I felt like a yoyo going back & forth! That's the reason for 3 1/2-4 stars instead of 5!

With that being said, the story line is fabulous! I loved the end! I was shocked & surprised!! I never seen that coming! It's definitely worth reading! I'll add Emanuel & Ty to my book boyfriends too!

R
Maria
Nov 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
Review Under BookJunkyGirls
MidnightAce
Nov 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
This installment begins where BtoL left off, with Sahara continuing to struggle with trying to have a wholesome life.

She finally comes face to face with the tragedy and family she left behind. Once the past and present collide it leaves Sahara more unstable, it doesn’t help that she hadn’t fully dealt with her loss before old emotions flare and she finds herself in love with two men..
I was grateful for the therapist, it helped her deal with her indecisiveness to choose between Tyree and Emanuel,
Lindsey Melia
Nov 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was Giving an ARC of this book for an honest review so here goes....

Just when I taught I couldn't love Danielle Allen's writing anymore,she goes ahead a blows book one out of the water. I was all over the place reading this book. I was nervous,sad,excited,shocked,happy JESUS at one point I was crying! I was a flipping mess. I still am. The book had so many twists and turns it really kept me on my toes. Just when you think the book is going one way.....BOOM it went the other.

As you know from bo
Di
Dec 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Back to Reality (Back to Life #2) by Danielle Allen ARC received in return for an honest review.

This is a great series and I thoroughly enjoyed reading both books. In the first book we are introduced to all the Sahara meets and falls for Tyree Barker. When she then comes face to face with her past love later you know that things are just going to get messy.

This book picks up where Back to Life ended. The mess that is Sahara's love life shows no signs of calming down any time soon. As Sahara tries in vain to do the right thing for all those that
Romance Schmomance (Malia)
Where to begin?

Well, if you didn't read the first book, Back to Life, don't even bother reading this view. A lot of it probably won't make any sense to you at all.

After the cliffhanger in the first book, I was reeling and overfilled with impatience to get my hands on the next one. Let me share that I hate when stories end like that, shame on you!

Just like the first book, Sahara is still harboring all the guilt, pain, hurt from her past and now her present. After the way things ended in the first
Emma Edwards
Nov 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
I received and ARC for an honest review!! 4.5 stars !!!

I love Danielle Allen's writing she is very detailed and leaves no stone unturned ,,, this book is the second from this series and is a continuation of the first so please read the first book prior to this!!!

So we have Sahara, and then there is Ty and Manny ,,, this story is from Saharas POV ,,, she loves two guys each in their own unique way ,,, she feels like she hurts and ruins the lives of anyone she goes near, cares about and loves ,,,
Awa
Jul 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
26th of June

I am angry. Goddamn angry I just finished “Back to life” and for fucks sake I was in near tears. Let me explain, the fact that Sahara fucking Lee would even think about repeating her stupid, stupid past actions is more then fucking batshit crazy. It’s infuriating, and I am near throwing my laptop across the room. It’s probably going to be a great book, and I don’t even know whom she will end up with but I sure as hell know whom she should. Ty, remember him Sahara? The one who mad you
Magic Within the Pages
Dec 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Reviewer: Kaylene - Magic Within The Pages
Rating: 5 Stars

Knock Your Books Off
Dec 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
Book 2 of the Back To Life series and just when you think that this may be the same old story retold by a different author ~ Danielle Allen manages to throw enough curveballs to keep you guessing and on the metaphorical edge of your seat.
Sahara has done a lot of soul searching and realised that she needs to make things right, she wants to be totally honest with everybody in her life whilst being true to herself if she is to find the peace she so desperately craves. But old habits die hard &
Knock Your Books Off
Louise BookbestiesUK
Nov 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, blog-arcs
You know you've read a good book when you sit back, your emotions are running wild and you cant stop thinking about the characters you've just finished reading about!

Thats exactly what Danielle Allen did to me with this story!

Picking up pretty much where back to life left off, Ty is in the hospital after his accident and Manny is following Sahara round like a little lost puppy waiting for any part of herself she throws at him.

In the end after basically being dismissed by Ty Sahara does what
Chelsea
Nov 01, 2013 rated it liked it
Received ARC of this book for an honest view.

After reading the first book in the Back to Life series I must say I was excited when Danielle asked me to review this one as well. I loved the first book, so I was nervous about the second; would it live up to my expectations? Would Sahara go for the Tyree the guy I was rooting for or would she go to Manny her childhood love?

I must say Danielle Allen didn’t disappoint me, throughout the book there was a good amount of drama, love and sex. Although I
Kaylene Osborn
Nov 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book was as captivating from the beginning as the first book in the series. Sahara is lost in her own world of pain and hurt, when she has more problems choosing between the Love of her life Emmanuelle (Manny) or the Love of her life Tyree (Ty). Yes that’s right, it’s a love triangle of epic proportions. Sahara reacts to pressure and tragedy in the only way she knows, she runs, runs away from the people she loves and basically her reasons are always that she is doing it for them.

Thankfully
Jenny Charles
Dec 07, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have been anticipating this book since a finished Back to Reality and let me tell you, Danielle didn't disappoint.  When we last left Sahara she had chosen Tyree over Emanuel. As she is about to reconcile officially with Tyree we find out that Tyree has been in a car accident. Not to mention, Emanuel has come to her apartment and declared his love for her and he won't give up on them. What happens is a rollercoaster ride of emotions for Sahara, Tyree and Emanuel that keeps you guessing what wi ...more
Jenny Charles
Nov 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
*ARC provided by author for honest review*

Samantha Julmisse
Dec 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Holy Smoly my heart is still racing after finishing reading this. I didn't really expect any of this, I didn't even know what to expect after what happened at the end of book one.
Let me start at the beginning. Our favorite characters are back! Yay! And some new ones, and some not so favorite characters -.-. You don't know how much I love them. They're so real to me, I connect with them on levels I love and hate. Love because I adore being able to connect with great characters, and hate because t
D
Dec 02, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, _series
Natalie
Dec 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This was yet another amazing book by Danielle Allen. I'm so lost on how to even start this review. I don't want to write a review that spoils it for anyone so I'll try to be careful.

Sahara, bless her heart she's so conflicted in life period and I think we can all relate to her in some way or another. After her father died she didn't know his to carry on through life without hurting everyone around her. I love Sahara because she is such an intelligent, successful, beautiful, caring, and loving b
H.P.
Dec 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
There is nothing more frustrating than a cliffhanger—so when Back to Life finished I was panting for the continuation. Oh I did have a thing for Emmanuel but I was just as confused as Sahara.

Let it be known that I want to punch her in the throat. Two men—TWO—panting for her y’all and she decides its all too much. She can’t choose and she doesn’t deserve either! Gahhhhhhh talk about frustration but the greatest thing about the book is that it did get a rise out of me. I love books that pull me h
Ruz
Nov 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013
Sahara is on the run again. Being torn between two guys, she decided to leave them both and start a new life (again). This time, she maintains the connection with her bestfriend Emily. She has decided to go through therapy. She also learned to make friends. She found out she is missing a mother's love. Odd to her but it is a refreshing change. She avoided Tyree but there is no way she can avoid Emmanuel and she doesn't want to runaway from Emily ever again.

Emily moved on with her life and busin
For the Love of Books
Nov 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
Back to Reality is the follow up to Back to Life. So you definitely can’t read the second without reading the first or you will be totally lost. This book picks up where the first ended. How do you deal with loving two men at the same time? And loving them both for different reasons. Then just as you get ready to make a decision, BAM!!! You’re hit with chaos! Nothing can ever be simple and it never is for Sahara in this book. I did enjoy the books, but kind of got irritated with Sahara. She’s so ...more
Domonique
Apr 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
(Spoiler Alert) Loved this one as well, just as much as the first!

This was one of the stories that really makes you think about how your actions and decisions affect others and can change the course of your life. I can't imagine being in love with two completely sexy, amazing men at the same time and having to choose between the two, especially when both seem to bring out the best in you but in different ways. I so wanted Sahara to be with Ty, but I think deep down I knew, like Sahara, that it
Tonya
Jan 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story. Drama just seems to follow Sahara everywhere she goes. This is the 2nd book. It picks up right where the 1st one left off. She is on the run from her past, again, but also her present and possibly future this time. I don't know If I've ever heard someone apologize so much for the same thing, over and over and over again. Ty and Manny are still her loves, but will she choose 1 or leave them both for good? I would like to read a 3rd one, just to see how everything ends up being ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Diversity in Romance Advocate.
Life Coach.

XOXO

Back to Life (3 books)
  • Back to Life (Back to Life #1)
  • Back to December (Back to Life #3)

Romance Deals

• Party Girl
    $4.49 $1.99
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Paris (International Guy #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Him (Fool Me Once, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Off Base (Out of Uniform, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Second Chance Summer (Cedar Ridge, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beneath Copper Falls (Rock Harbor #6)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Tight
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Year of Weddings: Twelve Love Stories (A Year of Weddings Novella)
    $12.99 $3.99
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days (The Embraced #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Shame on You (Fool Me Once, #1)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Me (Fool Me Once, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Exes (Liars, Inc., #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Shadow's Edge (Night Prowler, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Taste of Magic (Magic, # 1)
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • New York (International Guy #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Sin With Me (Bad Habit, #3)
  • The Memory of You
    $8.99 $1.99
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack, #2)
  • Good Guys Love Dogs
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Camino Beach
  • Shadow Woman
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Embrace the Night (Vampire Romance #1)
  • The Shell Seekers
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wicked White (Wicked White Series Book 1)
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Carnal Secrets (The Phoenix Pack, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Scream For Me: A Novel of the Night Hunter (For Me, #3)
  • When Life Happened
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Cheater (Curious Liaisons, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cheater's Regret (Curious Liaisons, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hunting Grounds (Hidden Sins, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Revenge (Consequence, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Seduction (Consequence #3)
  • The Story of Us
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Loving Colton (Consequence, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • No More Masquerade (Secrets of Stone Series Book 2)
    $6.99 $1.99