Start by marking “Story Sprouts: CBW-LA Writing Day Workshop and Anthology 2013 (Volume 1)” as Want to Read:
Story Sprouts: CBW-LA Writing Day Workshop and Anthology 2013 (Volume 1)

Story Sprouts: CBW-LA Writing Day Workshop and Anthology 2013 (Volume 1)

A Day in the Life of a Writer

What happens when linguistic lovers and tale tellers workshop together? Inspiration. Wonder. Discover. Growth. Magic.

Brave and talented, the writers featured in this anthology took on the challenge of dedicating one day to the raw and creative process of writing.

A rare view into the building blocks of composition, Story Sprouts is made up of
Published October 18th 2013 by CBW-LA Publications

To ask other readers questions about Story Sprouts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Story Sprouts

Start your review of Story Sprouts: CBW-LA Writing Day Workshop and Anthology 2013 (Volume 1)
Dave Gioia
Feb 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Writers who need help getting their creative juices flowing.
Recommended to Dave by: Ingrid Hall
Shelves: in-my-library
If you’re an aspiring or experienced writer who needs help getting your creative juices flowing then Story Sprouts is just the book for you.

Produced by the Children’s Book Writers of Los Angeles, Story Sprouts is a “how to” book about writing that includes exercises and resources to generate ideas and flesh them out and organize them into either a poem or story with a character, conflict and beginning, middle and end.

Nineteen talented children’s book authors accepted the challenge to attend
Sharlene Almond
Aug 04, 2014 rated it liked it
Written in a short story or essay-type format by various authors in writing workshops, each author writes something they enjoy and then a story inspired by a photograph.
It begins to cover skills and writing exercises, useful for the would-be writer, or writers that want to improve on their skills, or gather inspiration for further writings, helps to bring focus to the writing process.
Each story gives the reader a glimpse of what the author is like, a taste of inspiration, of experience, of those
Alana Garrigues
Nov 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
As the Co-Editor and author of the writing resource narrative surrounding the anthology pieces, I naturally rate my book high. However, I am giving you full disclosure to that fact and hope that you read on for the true meaning of my rating. ;)

I am truly rating this book, a combination of anthology and writing resource, five stars to honor the 18 other authors who contributed to the book. In six hours, they each produced two pieces for publication. The stories they tell are raw and honest,
Christine Rains
Apr 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
An excellent book for writers and readers. It includes great writing exercises, and stories and poems. Each writing exercise is easily understood and doesn't take up a lot of your time. A fantastic way to work-out your creative muscles and to get your creative juices flowing if you're a new author or if you're just needing some inspiration. The pieces of writing are inspiring and entertaining.

I was lucky enough to win a print copy on a Goodreads giveaway, but it was on my to-be-read list long
Medeia Sharif
Apr 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
With tips, techniques, and exercises to inspire, I’m glad I read this collection. Not only is there a non-fiction aspect to the book, but there’s the fiction side. The contributors attended a workshop together and the writing pieces that they drafted, revised, and edited that day can be found here. If you’re curious about the writing process and the beginning of an idea or project, this book is for you.
Kaite
Apr 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I won a free copy from the Goodreads First Reads Giveaway Program and think that it interesting. I would recommend it to everyone.
Emi Bevacqua
I've always been a reader, to my own chagrin never a writer. I have the utmost respect for those who can write, and it's fascinating to see the kind of work that goes in to the process. This aptly titled book is chock-full of the kinds of exercises, prompts and resources for the budding author. The poetry, essays and "flash fiction" contained here were all produced in a one-day workshop; so rather than representing the highest quality each author is capable of, in revealing such raw and open ...more
Abi
Nov 01, 2013
Nutschell
Nov 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Lynne
Nov 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Clara